Titanfall Sales Statistics Inside -- OH BOY

#51 Edited by tormentos (20195 posts) -

For xbox one + PC isn't bad but isn't good either.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yes i know it is VG chartz, Yes i know it doesn't include digital. But what the hell.

The problem with VGchartz is that you will get lols..

And second those so call "" sales "" are as off April 26 which was the last entry by them.

So if the PC + XBO version did 925 on march,on April they basically did 275k in US not bad but not great either,until now it has 2.34 million sold across 3 platforms basically in 1 month and 16 days,you may consider that as great buuuuuuttttt....

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/29/killzone-shadow-fall-sales-exceeded-2-1-million-units-as-of-january-15/

Killzone SF sold 2.1 million units in 2 months on the PS4 alone,and facing heavy competition from Ghost and BF4 as well,unlike Titanfall which arrived after the Ghost and BF4 launch rush had pass.

2.34 million is to low for all 3 platforms even going by VGchartz numbers.

#52 Posted by uninspiredcup (12831 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

PC gamers play intellectual moba games. These casual Call Of Duty mecha games and the fake media hype does not impress them one iota.

I play this game

Yea, well.

#53 Edited by lostrib (42765 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

PC gamers play intellectual moba games. These casual Call Of Duty mecha games and the fake media hype does not impress them one iota.

I play this game

Yea, well.

well what?

#54 Edited by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

So Titanfall for Xbox One still trailing Killzone Shadow Fall? LOL.

Not counting digital sales. Titanfall is still selling unlike flopzone. LOL.

Considering probably 10 times amount of money was spent pushing Titanfall it is indeed LOL in comparison.Should have smoked Killzone in sales, but it didn't.

#55 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (9000 posts) -

@tormentos said:

For xbox one + PC isn't bad but isn't good either.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yes i know it is VG chartz, Yes i know it doesn't include digital. But what the hell.

The problem with VGchartz is that you will get lols..

And second those so call "" sales "" are as off April 26 which was the last entry by them.

So if the PC + XBO version did 925 on march,on April they basically did 275k in US not bad but not great either,until now it has 2.34 million sold across 3 platforms basically in 1 month and 16 days,you may consider that as great buuuuuuttttt....

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/29/killzone-shadow-fall-sales-exceeded-2-1-million-units-as-of-january-15/

Killzone SF sold 2.1 million units in 2 months on the PS4 alone,and facing heavy competition from Ghost and BF4 as well,unlike Titanfall which arrived after the Ghost and BF4 launch rush had pass.

2.34 million is to low for all 3 platforms even going by VGchartz numbers.

The next time i want you babbling uselessness, i will just beat it out of you instead.

We cool?

#56 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

didn't end up buying this.

#57 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

Guess people didn't "believe the hype". Good sales for a new IP though.

#58 Posted by tormentos (20195 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The next time i want you babbling uselessness, i will just beat it out of you instead.

We cool?

Hahaha....

#59 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

....it has a goddamn 25-33% attachrate. Man this place is dumb lol.

#60 Edited by sibu_xgamer (340 posts) -

For a game that wants to be the next COD and is on several platforms is not that impressive. Sure it appeals to the same crowd who are looking for more casual shooter experiences but lots of those sales are product of the hype campaign and not of something else. I think the second Titanfall will determine how succesful the series will be more accurately.

#61 Posted by santoron (8054 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@santoron said:

Unfortunately it's not very timely info. I guess it gives people a place to start their guesses if they really wanna fight about it.

Look at where we are? What do you think people want to do?

Lol. I guess that's true. I suppose it's better than blind guesses...

#62 Posted by clyde46 (47595 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Moba? Intellectual? Please stop talking. Its embarrassing.

#63 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16218 posts) -

It's not titanfall that's at fault here, it's the xbone's utter lack of incentive to purchase.

You're not going to move a turd with a multiplat that's better elsewhere.

#64 Edited by uninspiredcup (12831 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Moba? Intellectual?

Yes. I just said that. Keep up.

#65 Posted by Vatusus (5205 posts) -

Very good numbers. Are they impressive? After the tremendous hype and marketing campaigns? I dont think so... but what do I know?

#66 Posted by clyde46 (47595 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@clyde46 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Moba? Intellectual?

Yes. I just said that. Keep up.

"Please stop talking. Its embarrassing."

Read all of my post you insufferable muppet.

#67 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Still trailing Killzone lol. All that hype and they still couldn't pull ahead of Sony in March.

#68 Edited by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -

For the Bone, that's what, 20% attachment rate? Quite high.

#69 Posted by lostrib (42765 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Still trailing Killzone lol. All that hype and they still couldn't pull ahead of Sony in March.

...wasn't that 2 months after release. These are retail only numbers for 3 weeks

#70 Edited by blackace (21405 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Amazing numbers for a new IP and that doesn't include digital which is what I purchased.

e3 is only weeks away, can't wait.

With digital copies it was well over 1 million sold. If you include April & May now, I' sure they are somewhere between 1.5-2 million sold at present day. Not to bad for a new IP that hasn't launched everywhere yet.

**************************************************************************************************************************

@StrongBlackVine said:

KZ:SF has been out for over 5 months. TF has been out for only 2. Think before you type and everyone laughs at you.

#71 Edited by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Peter moore has come out with the following statement.

"EA sold 925,000 copies of Titanfall on Xbox One and PC during the quarter, COO Peter Moore announced during EA's investor call, citing numbers from NPD. The Xbox 360 version is "off to a great start as well," Moore said."

So it sold 925,000 on PC and Xbox One? Fail? Did he just say what I think he said?

NPB only counts retail and US. so it would miss a fair amount of PC i'd imagine

Is he talking Physical PC? Were there retail copies out in the wild?

The majority of sells are from the Xbox One version I heard.

Retail I´m sure,when we´re counting digital then it may be quite a bit different. Also the 360 version wich released a month later.

#72 Posted by Pray_to_me (3101 posts) -

Considering the money they spent on marketing? It's a dud.

#73 Posted by lostrib (42765 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Considering the money they spent on marketing? It's a dud.

how much did they spend on marketing?

#74 Edited by OhSnapitz (18723 posts) -

Those are good numbers for a new IP. Played the game and it was great.. but not worth purchasing an XBO.

#75 Edited by Indicud (745 posts) -

@lancex2: What?

OT: Infamous sold more in 9 days than what Xbox And PC numbers combined in March sold in a MONTH.

Damn.

#76 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

@indicud LOL it has outsold infamous now which matters more then a frontload. Dumb cows

#77 Posted by gago-gago (9864 posts) -

I've gone digital with the Xbox One thanks to the game sharing options that I like. MS did showoff and promoted the hell out of "instant switching" options from game to game to apps to whatever for the Xbox One and Kinect. This feature of instant switching from game to game is only doable with digital games. So it wouldn't be surprising if other Xbox One users gone digital with Titanfall. I'm guessing real sales numbers would increase ten folds if they included digital, but the disc version sales number is outstanding for a new studio, new franchise, new game in an competitive genre.

#78 Posted by silversix_ (16187 posts) -

for a game with this much marketing/brainwashing this is crappy sales.

#79 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11026 posts) -

So that's a long way of saying the X1 version sold a million in the US......I would call that a success.

#80 Edited by tormentos (20195 posts) -

@blackace said:

@kuu2 said:

Amazing numbers for a new IP and that doesn't include digital which is what I purchased.

e3 is only weeks away, can't wait.

With digital copies it was well over 1 million sold. If you include April & May now, I' sure they are somewhere between 1.5-2 million sold at present day. Not to bad for a new IP that hasn't launched everywhere yet.

**************************************************************************************************************************

@StrongBlackVine said:

KZ:SF has been out for over 5 months. TF has been out for only 2. Think before you type and everyone laughs at you.

The year of the hypocrites this most be,last gen if a Sony game didn't sold like Halo it was a failure,How many of you accuse sony games of not selling because not all sold Halo or even Gears like.?

Resistance for example it was a new IP and was consider a failure because in the end it could not sold like Halo or gears,even that it sold more than 4 million copies total.

You lemmings really have outdone your self,70's are the new 90's score wise and 1.5 million is great now when 4 millions or 2+ or 3 millions like Infamous wasn't

#81 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

@lancex2: do you have a link proving what you said?

#82 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2347 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

Here we go, it's gunna get messy.

As for sales numbers, EA COO Peter Moore announced that NPD figures show Titanfall sold 925,000 units at retail through the end of March. NPD figures only account for physical sales in the United States, so that doesn't represent worldwide sales figures, nor does it include any sales of the digital version. The Xbox 360 version didn't release until April 8, so its sales were also not included, but Moore described it as being "off to a great start as well".

Credit GameSpot

~1 million and we're not counting digital sales, nor the 360 version, and I'm not sure if it includes bundles sales. Only US statistics.

Here's a rare occasion where we won't see anyone saying, "US is not the world." (<-- this amuses me greatly)

Thoughts? Not bad.

So thats about 1 million thru march, count april maybe another 400k units...Im guessing its at 1.5 million. Thats awesome for titan fall and xbox one. Even though I have ps4 I am happy for the game.

#83 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152412 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Well they did include the game with the console.....

#84 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Scipio8 said:

Ad it keeps on selling, Infamous went out like a wet fart

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/10/infamous-second-son-sales-surpass-1-million/\

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/10/5600894/infamous-second-son-sales-1m-units-in-nine-days

But yet it surpassed one million, are you slow or somethin?

He's a lemming, you're expecting too much from him lol.

#85 Edited by hoyalawya (344 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@lancex2: What?

OT: Infamous sold more in 9 days than what Xbox And PC numbers combined in March sold in a MONTH.

Damn.

LOL. Infamous number was worldwide sale while the Titanfall number was USA physical sale only.

#86 Posted by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Not all of them. It is one of the many bundles available.

#87 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (10059 posts) -

You have to take into consideration that Titanfall hasn't gone with full force from the very beginning, it actually gained even more momentum as the time progressed, just like Xbone vs Ps4 hardware sales. These are only March US physical figures. How many brick and mortar shops sell physical PC games? I imagine the PC figure to be minuscule at best. So I expect 700k physical for Xbox one for March NPD physical at least and around 400k digital. By this time the game could've well passed 1.5m mark on Xbone alone in the US and the 360 version must've amassed well over million worldwide. It's still going extremely strong so imagine what the current figures are. And I will repeat it - these are March only US figures.

#88 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (10059 posts) -

PS4 fanboys (just like every kind of fanboys) are so stupid that you have to point out the obvious for them because they'd otherwise continue talking out of their ass.

#89 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6293 posts) -

Sound like a great success to me .

#90 Edited by scatteh316 (5024 posts) -

So it flopped..... the amount of hype this game had and the fact that it's the only killer game for Xbone it should of sold a lot more..... But then again no one owns an Xbone...

#91 Posted by hoosier7 (3976 posts) -

Disappointing given the ludicrous levels of hype it was given and the gaming media frenzy. I just hope the PC community isn't dead by the time i pick it up, i've heard it's taken a dive.

#92 Edited by tdkmillsy (1709 posts) -

So Titanfall upto 2 month ago sold just sort of 1 million physical copies in the US

Nobody knows what its sold Digitally

Nobody knows what its sold with the Titanfall console as that included a digital code

Nobody knows what its sold across the world

Yet its a failure.

Yet the Xbox One version is still way a head of Infamous in most charts.

hmmmmm interesting.

#93 Posted by lostrib (42765 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

So Titanfall upto 2 month ago sold just sort of 1 million physical copies in the US

Nobody knows what its sold Digitally

Nobody knows what its sold with the Titanfall console as that included a digital code

Nobody knows what its sold across the world

Yet its a failure.

Yet the Xbox One version is still way a head of Infamous in most charts.

hmmmmm interesting.

actually that's for 3 weeks

#95 Edited by lostrib (42765 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

So it flopped..... the amount of hype this game had and the fact that it's the only killer game for Xbone it should of sold a lot more..... But then again no one owns an Xbone...

A million is like a third or fourth of the current Xbox One population. So that's pretty good. And it doesn't count any digital copies or those that sold after this NPD came out. Also, it's only counting the US

#96 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17518 posts) -

I got the feeling that Titanfall sold well;

But why don't EA or Respawn come out and say exactly how much it sold. Seems to me like they are still a bit disappointed, though it sold well enough, they might have expected higher.

#97 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10845 posts) -

I bought digital, so add 1 to that!

#98 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152412 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Not all of them. It is one of the many bundles available.

At no point did I say all of them....but it still creates a higher attachment rate to bundle a game with a console.

#99 Posted by tormentos (20195 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

You have to take into consideration that Titanfall hasn't gone with full force from the very beginning, it actually gained even more momentum as the time progressed, just like Xbone vs Ps4 hardware sales. These are only March US physical figures. How many brick and mortar shops sell physical PC games? I imagine the PC figure to be minuscule at best. So I expect 700k physical for Xbox one for March NPD physical at least and around 400k digital. By this time the game could've well passed 1.5m mark on Xbone alone in the US and the 360 version must've amassed well over million worldwide. It's still going extremely strong so imagine what the current figures are. And I will repeat it - these are March only US figures.

Yeah you can use that excuse with other games with a game like titanfall that had millions riding on ads,and been hype as greatest things since electricity you can't this game has been heavily advertise and the media carry it since E3 the whole more than 60 awards crap,countless article about how great the game was,only to get a 86 on meta,the game failed sales wise and score wise in relation to the hype.

I am sure this game cost MS a pretty penny and didn't make them a dime,specially with those $449 bundles,this game after this sales will sky rocket to the PS4 for the sequel..

Even by VGchartz the game has 2.56 million units across 3 platforms in almost 2 months,Killzone SF sold 2.1 million on 2 months on PS4 alone and Killzone SF didn't even have a quart of the advertisement Titanfall got not even the score it has.

#100 Edited by misterpmedia (4485 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@xhawk27 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Not counting digital sales. Titanfall is still selling unlike flopzone. LOL.

It is selling super strong, and much better than Infamous also, the "saviour" for PS4 game sales, lol

lol when was infamous branded a 'saviour' for game sales? Must have missed that one. It breached 1milly over 9 days though so it's a success in sales. It was only Titanfall that was branded as Xbone's hardware 'saviour' and look how that turned out.