Titanfall Sales Statistics Inside -- OH BOY

#1 Edited by musicalmac (22900 posts) -

Here we go, it's gunna get messy.

As for sales numbers, EA COO Peter Moore announced that NPD figures show Titanfall sold 925,000 units at retail through the end of March. NPD figures only account for physical sales in the United States, so that doesn't represent worldwide sales figures, nor does it include any sales of the digital version. The Xbox 360 version didn't release until April 8, so its sales were also not included, but Moore described it as being "off to a great start as well".

Credit GameSpot

~1 million and we're not counting digital sales, nor the 360 version, and I'm not sure if it includes bundles sales. Only US statistics.

Here's a rare occasion where we won't see anyone saying, "US is not the world." (<-- this amuses me greatly)

Thoughts? Not bad.

#2 Edited by Couth_ (10013 posts) -

march NPD was last month... it's may son

#3 Edited by musicalmac (22900 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

EA's conference call was today, sir. TODAY.

#4 Edited by santoron (7690 posts) -

Unfortunately it's not very timely info. I guess it gives people a place to start their guesses if they really wanna fight about it.

#5 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

All of that, and it still didn't manage to put them past the ps4? Great numbers, disappointing for the inability to move anything. I guess majority had bought the system for the game.

#6 Posted by musicalmac (22900 posts) -

@santoron said:

Unfortunately it's not very timely info. I guess it gives people a place to start their guesses if they really wanna fight about it.

Look at where we are? What do you think people want to do?

#7 Posted by Couth_ (10013 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

EA's conference call was today, sir. TODAY.

Yet they reference NPD numbers, which came out two weeks ago. You are mad late to the party

#8 Edited by Desmonic (13397 posts) -

We've had estimates at around 1 million, good to know the actual number :P

It's doing great (going by UK weekly sales only), but software sales benifted EA more than MS (as the hardware "bump" was not there). Though it's always great to see new franchises take off! Amazing results for Respawn! :)

#9 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -
@santoron said:

Fight about what exactly?

#10 Edited by tonitorsi (8296 posts) -

Only 1 million.

#11 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3854 posts) -

so ea is swimming is money whereas m$ is crying haha this is hilarious

#12 Edited by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

Amazing numbers for a new IP and that doesn't include digital which is what I purchased.

e3 is only weeks away, can't wait.

#13 Posted by nutcrackr (12465 posts) -

It's ok for a new IP I guess, but given the huge marketing push it's not great.

#14 Posted by melonfarmerz (1120 posts) -

Why are fanboys on both sides so concerned about sales? When Sony makes more money than MS, it means they succeed. Not you.

#15 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Top fucking lel! I knew there would have been a chest pounding exaggeration of a press release if TF had broke a milly. Now we know why.

#16 Posted by RR360DD (11605 posts) -

So total sales for the game are well over a million. Great for a new IP.

#17 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25589 posts) -

Good for Respwan. I spelled it wrong on purpose for lols.

Still can't believe it didn't do shit for Xbone sales. Like nothing at all. It's a little funny.

#18 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

Top fucking lel! I knew there would have been a chest pounding exaggeration of a press release if TF had broke a milly. Now we know why.

You are joking if you don't think they broke a million? This is just US and doesn't include digital sales which I am sure accounted for a ton of sales.

#19 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2733 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

So total sales for the game are well over a million. Great for a new IP.

That's what I was just about to type. Developers would dream of such a start for a brand new IP. Strong sales overall and I suspect the numbers today , including digital sales, probably surpass 1.5M, as the game is still selling strong in April. The bar has been raised for the sequel however, because it will not have that "wow" factor the first game had with some of its novelties.

#20 Posted by cainetao11 (16865 posts) -

Why are fanboys on both sides so concerned about sales? When Sony makes more money than MS, it means they succeed. Not you.

They believe they are on the team. Crazy huh?

#21 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16806 posts) -

I couldn't bring myself to buying this game because it felt incomplete and ripe for milkage

#22 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

Yes i know it is VG chartz, Yes i know it doesn't include digital. But what the hell.

#23 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

You are joking if you don't think they broke a million? This is just US and doesn't include digital sales which I am sure accounted for a ton of sales.

Then why didn't they just say it lol.

#24 Posted by Scipio8 (615 posts) -

Ad it keeps on selling, Infamous went out like a wet fart

#25 Edited by pyro1245 (540 posts) -

Titanfall was alright; and had alright sales.

#26 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9497 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

Titanfall was alright; and had alright sales.

this.

It would of been great sales for a new IP, but since all that Marketing, super hype, and give-away-bundles that they had, you would think it would of sold more.

#27 Edited by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Don't know don't care, your estimation skills are as poor as your history skills from your IDC thread.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

#28 Edited by Animal-Mother (26548 posts) -

Yes i know it is VG chartz, Yes i know it doesn't include digital. But what the hell.

LOL VgChartz anyways it's always good to see a new IP thriving, shame it couldn't get the one to still outsell the PS4 that month.

#29 Posted by stereointegrity (10701 posts) -

no one cares about total sales....the gaming forum community wants to know how much the xbone version sold

#30 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

The Xbox One had other games to choose from but on the PS4! lol

#31 Posted by Animal-Mother (26548 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Ad it keeps on selling, Infamous went out like a wet fart

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/10/infamous-second-son-sales-surpass-1-million/\

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/10/5600894/infamous-second-son-sales-1m-units-in-nine-days

But yet it surpassed one million, are you slow or somethin?

#32 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Don't know don't care, your estimation skills are as poor as your history skills from your IDC thread.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

lol even I don't care about the IDC topic, I just posted it because of the kinect thing which I agree with, who knew their predictions weren't ready for the power of cell back in 2006 and its ability to money sink.
OT: EA would have included that lil nugget of info within that press release if in combination the total sales break a milly+, they definitely could have just stated it. Maybe you were the only digital sale Kuu2. So ronrey. Took them a good while as well too reach that too, eesh.

#33 Posted by melonfarmerz (1120 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

They believe they are on the team. Crazy huh?

Pretty crazy actually. It's hilarious how they feel an alliance to a multibillion dollar corporation and go to great lengths to support that company online. So many times, I've seen, Sony truly cares. They're by the gamers, for the gamers. Naughty Dog is great because they care about us... Waht.

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (26548 posts) -

Peter moore has come out with the following statement.

"EA sold 925,000 copies of Titanfall on Xbox One and PC during the quarter, COO Peter Moore announced during EA's investor call, citing numbers from NPD. The Xbox 360 version is "off to a great start as well," Moore said."

So it sold 925,000 on PC and Xbox One? Fail? Did he just say what I think he said?

#35 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6140 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

LOL VgChartz anyways it's always good to see a new IP thriving, shame it couldn't get the one to still outsell the PS4 that month.

Animal watch your mouth! We don't need that language anymore!!!

#36 Posted by lostrib (34384 posts) -

"EA sold 925,000 copies of Titanfall on Xbox One and PC during the quarter, COO Peter Moore announced during EA's investor call, citing numbers from NPD. The Xbox 360 version is "off to a great start as well," Moore said."

So it sold 925,000 on PC and Xbox One? Fail? Did he just say what I think he said?

NPB only counts retail and US. so it would miss a fair amount of PC i'd imagine

#37 Posted by Animal-Mother (26548 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Is he talking Physical PC? Were there retail copies out in the wild?

#38 Posted by uninspiredcup (7822 posts) -

As I suspected, a flop.

#39 Posted by lostrib (34384 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

yes he's talking 925K retail copies from PC and XBOX1 total

There are retail copies of TF on PC

#40 Edited by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

The majority of sells are from the Xbox One version I heard.

#41 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

lol uh oh.

#42 Posted by scatteh316 (4846 posts) -

It's not how many copies it sells but how many people still play it after a week or two.

#43 Posted by mems_1224 (46513 posts) -

Not bad. Im guessing all those are on Xbone right? Did the PC get physical copies of Titanfall?

#44 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

Not bad. Im guessing all those are on Xbone right? Did the PC get physical copies of Titanfall?

Since it's on Origin, I am guessing not a lot.

#45 Edited by uninspiredcup (7822 posts) -

PC gamers play intellectual moba games. These casual Call Of Duty mecha games and the fake media hype does not impress them one iota.

#46 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

PC only accounted for 5% retail you dolts lol.

so roughly 800k~ in USA ALONE AND RETAIL. It surpassed one mill easily in march worldwide. its well over infaflop as well which has dropped like a turd

#47 Posted by lostrib (34384 posts) -

yes they are available

#48 Posted by lostrib (34384 posts) -

PC gamers play intellectual moba games. These casual Call Of Duty mecha games and the fake media hype does not impress them one iota.

I play this game

#49 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

So Titanfall for Xbox One still trailing Killzone Shadow Fall? LOL.

#50 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

So Titanfall for Xbox One still trailing Killzone Shadow Fall? LOL.

Not counting digital sales. Titanfall is still selling unlike flopzone. LOL.