TITANFALL REVIEWS INSIDE -- GS - 9 HYPE MET (Keep it here!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1901 Posted by cainetao11 (17595 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@MBirdy88: lol, that video was pretty accurate with regards to this thread.

Nothing came up on my computer. Can you link me to it?

#1902 Posted by xdluffy (23 posts) -

@juarbles: you dont know what ur talking about noob

#1903 Posted by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Yup.

#1904 Posted by cainetao11 (17595 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Yup.

My god. Nail.on.head. So much butthurt about Titanfall, and I'm loving it.

#1905 Posted by cainetao11 (17595 posts) -

@Rage010101: LOL there is so much Butthurt here. Isnt it funny?

#1906 Posted by silversix_ (14632 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Rage010101: Stop raging. Nvm just noticed your name Mr "my pc is better than yours". Something isn't right with you, have a nice 792p day.

792p dafuk? playing at 1080p maxxed out 60fps you scrub lol. Wow, can you get any more butthurt? You're the one in a thread about a game you apparently dont care about, crying your eyes out and super butthurt. Ya it's safe to say that something isn't right with you sir. Cry more, your bitter tears are always welcome. You clown's never stop entertaining us.

Are you okay? You remind me one of those WoW nerds raging.

#1907 Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

I don't understand why this game isn't free 2 play. It's multiplayer only.

You don't think much do you?

#1908 Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) -

So people. Microsoft will reveal Titanfall number tomorrow. Oddly, is that not also NPD? Or is that next thursday?

#1909 Posted by Boddicker (2745 posts) -

I'm actually glad it exceeded the hype, but it has yet to be seen how many X1 units this will move.

The PS4's library is looking like a wasteland for the forseeable future.

#1910 Posted by lostrib (37033 posts) -

IGN did a graphics comparison: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/13/titanfall-xbox-one-vs-pc-graphics-comparison

Although I doubt anyone is surprised by the outcome

#1911 Posted by TigerSuperman (2355 posts) -

@lostrib said:

IGN did a graphics comparison: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/13/titanfall-xbox-one-vs-pc-graphics-comparison

Although I doubt anyone is surprised by the outcome

Wii got the best version?

#1912 Posted by _SWAG_ (2595 posts) -

what a flop this game has been dead on arrival. frontline fuel of war did better than codbotfall. respawn will close they doors before the year end. the xbone helped with this disaster imho

#1913 Edited by lostrib (37033 posts) -

@_SWAG_ said:

what a flop this game has been dead on arrival. frontline fuel of war did better than codbotfall. respawn will close they doors before the year end. the xbone helped with this disaster imho

lol, mad

#1914 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Anyone check out ign's TitanCoD, I mean fall review? Final Fantasy X hd remake scored higher. :)

Giddy up.

#1916 Posted by musicalmac (23021 posts) -

Noticeably better on computer, clearly more crisp and sharp. I'll tell you this, it looks good maxed at 144p on 27" of LED IPS goodness.

#1917 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

The insane textures preset looks pretty good. more so If the card can hold a steady 60 frame.

but it definitely needs teh 3GB or more GGDR5 VRAM. Weird i dont remember Cryisis 1 asking for too much VRAM.

not saying High settings looks bad. they both looks impressive.

#1918 Edited by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

wow cows are still flipping out haha

#1919 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

So many butt hurts in this thread. 2014 Thread of the Year nominee.

#1920 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@MBirdy88: Danny is the best. Dude is the best guy at gamespot.

yea he makes GS a much better site, kinda like his fixed attitude yet very intelligent when it is required.

#1921 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7157 posts) -

Just dropping in to say went MVP 3 matches in a row. The action is epic and with friends is even better. This game has certainly delivered. I am convinced this game will move units.

#1922 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2088 posts) -

@hoyalawya said:

Really? 1100 PLAYERS on Metacritic say Titanfall = 6.1!!! This game is not deserving of a 9 at all! I would give it a 7 to an 8 at best! As much as I loved the beta, I cant help but feel that my excitement was more about finally getting to play the game moreso than it was because the game was great! Hopefully Respawn will take Titanfall 2 to another level because this just feels like some CoD DLC!!

#1923 Posted by gago-gago (9486 posts) -

Just watched the IGN comparison and they look nearly identical but the XO seems darker. I did try to look for a brightness option but can't find it. But yeah this game is fun alone and fun with friends.

#1924 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@Rage010101 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Rage010101: Stop raging. Nvm just noticed your name Mr "my pc is better than yours". Something isn't right with you, have a nice 792p day.

792p dafuk? playing at 1080p maxxed out 60fps you scrub lol. Wow, can you get any more butthurt? You're the one in a thread about a game you apparently dont care about, crying your eyes out and super butthurt. Ya it's safe to say that something isn't right with you sir. Cry more, your bitter tears are always welcome. You clown's never stop entertaining us.

Are you okay? You remind me one of those WoW nerds raging.

lol you keep coming back for more. More to titanfall butthurt. MMmmmmm delicious cow tears!

#1926 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@Rage010101: LOL there is so much Butthurt here. Isnt it funny?

Yes! I'm loving the cow meltdown. I can't make up my mind which cow is more butthurt. I think it's between Juarbles, MisterXMedia, Tormentos, or Sweenix. All have displayed the most Titanfall Butthurt. Loving their bitter tears!

#1927 Posted by kingtito (4966 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@hoyalawya said:

Really? 1100 PLAYERS on Metacritic say Titanfall = 6.1!!! This game is not deserving of a 9 at all! I would give it a 7 to an 8 at best! As much as I loved the beta, I cant help but feel that my excitement was more about finally getting to play the game moreso than it was because the game was great! Hopefully Respawn will take Titanfall 2 to another level because this just feels like some CoD DLC!!

Yeah and how many of those are cows just trolling? 1100 vs. how many units sold? There is enough DC in this thread, no need to more.

#1928 Posted by Antwan3K (2341 posts) -

just got done spending my entire afternoon/evening with Titanfall and WOW.. hands down, the most fun I've had with an online shooter in recent memory.. And I want to put and emphasis on "fun".. The game is downright FUN.. The beta was great but the full game with 15 maps is a masterpiece..

anybody with an Xbox One or a capable PC should do themselves a favor and pick this game up.. The jury is still out on the 360 version but hopefully that one is good too..

absolutely fantastic game and truly a breath of fresh air in the stale FPS multiplayer genre..

#1929 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Watching someone play some Titanfall on their Xbox One, and I must say it looks way, way better than I thought it would.

#1930 Posted by neversummer75 (980 posts) -

10+ hours into it and this game continues to be EPIC. Most of the time these days, I get bored of games pretty quickly, but I can not seem put this game down. This is the most fun I've had playing a game in a very long time. It really has made me fall in love with gaming all over again. It reminds me of the good old days. This game has delivered on all levels...don't let the biased fan boys make you think otherwise. Now, back to the game! :)

#1931 Posted by jg4xchamp (48156 posts) -

I've entered the same cycle as I usually get into with stuff like Battlefield. Start okay at first, struggle for a bit while I wait for my unlocks, get my unlocks, wreck faces.

It's on Titanfall PC community. ITS ON!!

#1932 Posted by mems_1224 (47152 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

I've entered the same cycle as I usually get into with stuff like Battlefield. Start okay at first, struggle for a bit while I wait for my unlocks, get my unlocks, wreck faces.

Me too, except my cycle is that Im always awesome.

#1933 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4914 posts) -

Thoughts, lemmings?

Very relevant considering Danny from Lamespot's damage control of Brink with mechs.

@PhazonBlazer said:

8.9 on IGN

LOLFLOP!

Guess he didn't get the E3 presenting gig.

#1934 Posted by cainetao11 (17595 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

My cycle is: I suck, continue to suck, get better, always have fun!!! Game is a blast!

#1935 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10570 posts) -

Being extracted is the best feeling, even if you don't kill anything but get extracted you feel like a winner.

#1936 Posted by cainetao11 (17595 posts) -

@_SWAG_ said:

Helluva financial analyst there.

#1937 Posted by tdkmillsy (1373 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Anyone check out ign's TitanCoD, I mean fall review? Final Fantasy X hd remake scored higher. :)

Giddy up.

Anyone read the comments on here about people actually enjoying the game.

You might as well have just typed

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#1938 Edited by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Thoughts, lemmings?

Very relevant considering Danny from Lamespot's damage control of Brink with mechs.

@PhazonBlazer said:

8.9 on IGN

LOLFLOP!

You need to make sure to keep hydrated, with all that crying you're doing you're in danger of serious dehydration. Also, you should be flattered that Danny mentioned you and your buddies in his vid.

#1939 Posted by getyeryayasout (7534 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Yup.

My god. Nail.on.head. So much butthurt about Titanfall, and I'm loving it.

Danny O's the man, and his comments are spot on. He also references a peanut butter and jell-o sandwich, and that really has my wheels turning. I'd never dared imagine such a thing, but I think I have some experimenting to do on my next weekend.

#1940 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4914 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Thoughts, lemmings?

@PhazonBlazer said:

8.9 on IGN

LOLFLOP!

You need to make sure to keep hydrated, with all that crying you're doing you're in danger of serious dehydration. Also, you should be flattered that Danny mentioned you and your buddies in his vid.

Yeah, I figured none of you could defend this.

#1941 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

Game was just released in Europe and some people already have level 30 and above. What the...

#1942 Posted by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

Finally! A damn hype thread reaching proper SW standards! :P

#1943 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7157 posts) -

Just checking in to see how some cows night went playing Resogun and other free indies.

I on the other hand recorded some epic moments from TitanFall and will be editing them in the MS Studio. Later I will load them to Skydrive for all to see.

#1944 Posted by bezza2011 (2529 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

Get over yourself, Titanfall is a good game, but it ain't the surviour, it's just an online shooter, same old same old, yes it's fresh but from what i've played myself on PC, i have to say all your playing for is a titan every 3mintues and repeat, and thats it, and there is no single player, and it's the only good game Xbox One has going for it for a few months.

No One is on damage control for a multiplatform game, which in the end will be on PS4 well Titanfall 2 will be on it and that will be the better game any how, you can all worship this multiplat game all you want but it's only going to be short lived.

Ask your fellow cows why they're damage controlling this multiplat game, seeing as they're the ones doing the DC, you aren't really this thick can you?.

In fact your whole post is also damage control, jesus, cows really are special people.

lol yea ok, I'm damage controlling :S when i have the game on my pc running at a higher frame rate easily and better resolution to Xbox One, and i have a PS4 for all the rest of the multiplatforms,I mean i'm still waiting for a reason to buy an Xbox One and there isn't any. I hope to god there is a reason sometime next year

#1945 Edited by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

fight on grenade, fight on

#1946 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

Seeing as all TF news goes here, Misterx ain't gonna like that underlined part.
DF:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...tech-interview

What made the situation somewhat unique is that it was the first time that Microsoft's Azure cloud platform had really been stress-tested for gameplay. Respawn isn't making any grand claims about the cloud as a gateway to a next-gen nirvana ("In the end it's just a bunch of computer capacity. You can do anything with the cloud that you can do with a bunch of computers," says Baker) but it is a highly innovative approach to tackling the issue of multiplayer infrastructure which could open the door to a wider array of developers.

Titanfall may well be one of the most hyped and well-funded launches of 2014, but the implications here are intriguing - smaller developers can tap into the Azure infrastructure and don't have to take on the enormous financial burden of buying a server network with worldwide coverage. Bespoke server code created by the developer runs on Azure, and it could be tasked to do anything. In Respawn's case, it's a dedicated server, with trimmings - for example, running the AI cannon fodder drones that populate the levels. There is potential here for something more, and a mature network to make it happen. Perhaps the biggest revolution of Microsoft's cloud isn't game-changing graphics, but instead accessibility. The only question really is how much CPU resource is given to game creators - and did Respawn need to push Microsoft for functionality that simply wasn't present?

Client-side, Respawn has based Titanfall on the Source engine, but it has effectively been re-built from the ground up. In our last Respawn interview, producer Drew McCoy said that "I hate to say that it's the Source Engine" because so much had changed. From our experience with the beta, we saw a piece of technology significantly transformed. Source was never particularly well-threaded, and there was no DirectX 11 support. More than that, the tech simply wasn't built for the kind of ultra-low latency feedback that the erstwhile Infinity Ward team members demand from a satisfying shooter.

Respawn is also talking about what sounds rather like extensive Xbox One optimisations, including a revision for the 1408x792 native rendering resolution of the game on the Microsoft console.

"We've been experimenting with making it higher and lower. One of the big tricks is how much ESRAM we're going to use, so we're thinking of not using hardware MSAA and instead using FXAA to make it so we don't have to have this larger render target," Baker tells us. "We're going to experiment. The target is either 1080p non-anti-aliased or 900p with FXAA. We're trying to optimise... we don't want to give up anything for higher res. So far we're not 100 per cent happy with any of the options. We're still working on it. For day one it's not going to change. We're still looking at it for post-day one. We're likely to increase resolution after we ship."

"A lot of the performance is on the GPU side. There's still room for optimisation and we're still working on it," Baker says. "Ideally it would have been a rock-solid 60 all the time when we shipped but obviously when there's big fights going on, lots of particle effects, lots of physics objects... we're still working to condense the systems, make them more parallel so we can hit 60 all the time, ideally."

Titanfall's '792p' resolution and frame-rate dips call into question - once again - the power of the Xbox One's hardware architecture. The GPU - based on AMD's Bonaire part - seems to be falling well short of the sort of performance we would expect from the architecture, making us wonder if the custom ESRAM is proving to be more of a problem than it should be.

As our session with Baker comes to an end, it's time to address the great unknown. Just what is going on with the Xbox 360 version of the game? We wanted to know about resolution, frame-rate and feature parity. Two weeks from release and still nobody has seen the game.

"Yeah, we've actually been playing it almost every day here. Bluepoint's developing it and we've mostly been hands-off, letting them make their own technical decisions," he says. "It seems pretty close [in terms of] feature parity and they're still working on getting the frame-rate up. I'm not sure about the resolution..."

#1947 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Lmao.

Gamespot's Danny pretty much much mocks @tormentos and his army of crazy cows who have never even touched the game:

lmfao he's pretty much addressing all the sony drones

#1948 Posted by remiks00 (1877 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Add My Orgin: Pherr0s

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum..., and I'm all out of gum." -Duke Nukem

#1949 Posted by MBirdy88 (8240 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

High Five to that.... dunno why but I've never done so well at a shooter. 3.5 k/d at the moment, 78% win, MVP in 60% of my games.... it just takes me back to quake/UT days and I loves it!

#1950 Posted by MBirdy88 (8240 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Game was just released in Europe and some people already have level 30 and above. What the...

Those people used the VPN hack to play early like I did ...

For example it releases in the UK on Friday .... I'm going to jump on those servers to troll.... I will be 3rd generation today (2nd Prestige) .... gonna get some rage.... :P