TITANFALL REVIEWS INSIDE -- GS - 9 HYPE MET (Keep it here!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1701  Edited By hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@HadOne2Many said:

Seems to me like there's 3 separate types of posters in this thread.

1. People who have played and enjoy the game.

2. People hating on the game because they hate EA/COD and see this as nothing but COD w/Mechs.

3. People hating on the game because it isn't available on Sony platforms.

Kind of a double whammy of hate. I totally get not liking a game (even a highly reviewed game like this one) and I understand there are many gamers on this site that prefer single player games over multiplayer, but I will never understand the urge to completely shit all over something just because it isn't your cup of tea. I'm all for shitting on broken games and calling out companies for actual problems with the game (like last nights server issues on the XB1) but the pure hatred is baffling. /end rant

4. People who hate online multi-player games and refuse to accept the new norm.

5. "Elite" FPS players who don't want casual FPS players to have any chance against them.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1702 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@sts106mat said:

yeah, i'd have an hour or two where i'd feel almost normal, but then i'd go rapidly down hill again. I am over it now though....been having that Berroca shit, seems to give me a bit of a boost, but it could just be placebo......still its worth taking it for the laugh i get out of having a luminous orange piss

Been hitting the strawberry ice cream myself, helps a lot, although i think i am going to get some of that Berrocca now, luminous orange piss i gotta see that now,lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1704 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Generation 2 :)

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1705 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Have you played the game El Tormented or are you living thru others and youtube videos again? So once again you show how pathetic you are.

Hows that PS4 of yours? Oh right you don't own one

Get a freaking life cry baby even sites like GIantbomb noted the frames drops it isn't me and i don't have to play 1 second of that crap,i played Gears of war on day 1 and playing it for my freaking self didn't make the problems some sites claim the game have go away WTF man stop holding tied to the excuse that i don't have a PS4 it is pathetic,some sites are reporting the problems and poster on neogaf even recorded the damn drops so yeah having it or not is irrelevant the issues are there and they are not going away just because i have or don't the freaking game,Knack was say to be garbage i look at all the movies and yes it looked like garbage,and was boring,i got to play it and my god is boring and bad like on those videos some people say the same sh** you say and even a thread here was make about the game not been that bad,oh i surely disagree..

But even if i didn't play it the game would still be bad.

Those that play it quickly get over those faults. You can pick technical holes in most games, but until you play them you cant really comment how poor they are.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1706 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Have you played the game El Tormented or are you living thru others and youtube videos again? So once again you show how pathetic you are.

Get a freaking life cry baby even sites like GIantbomb noted the frames drops it isn't me and i don't have to play 1 second of that crap,i played Gears of war on day 1 and playing it for my freaking self didn't make the problems some sites claim the game have go away WTF man stop holding tied to the excuse that i don't have a PS4 it is pathetic,some sites are reporting the problems and poster on neogaf even recorded the damn drops so yeah having it or not is irrelevant the issues are there and they are not going away just because i have or don't the freaking game,Knack was say to be garbage i look at all the movies and yes it looked like garbage,and was boring,i got to play it and my god is boring and bad like on those videos some people say the same sh** you say and even a thread here was make about the game not been that bad,oh i surely disagree..

Those that play it quickly get over those faults. You can pick technical holes in most games, but until you play them you cant really comment how poor they are.

That's where you're wrong. You can comment, but those comments aren't correct. They're meaningless.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1707  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Yeah, hey, only took til almost midnight on the East Coast. You really told those cows, though. Have a cookie.

It's shocking how we moved to criticizing a few hours downtime, from around a month... Glass houses and all that.

Lol, what else is he gonna do. His day here revolves around bitching about the One. It's what he does :)

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1708 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

QUESTION:

Last night I was playing the PC version and in between games, during a connecting-to-players moment, I saw at the top a really fast message that said "Searching for new Xbox Live Server".

Are PC Titanfall gamers playing on Xbox Live Servers? Are we playing with XB1 gamers?

What was that all about?

Anyone else notice that?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1709 musicalmac  Moderator

@Netherscourge said:

QUESTION:

Last night I was playing the PC version and in between games, during a connecting-to-players moment, I saw at the top a really fast message that said "Searching for new Xbox Live Server".

Are PC Titanfall gamers playing on Xbox Live Servers? Are we playing with XB1 gamers?

What was that all about?

Anyone else notice that?

Never saw that. I didn't think we were all playing together, are we? I was having so much fun I never thought to ask.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1710  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:.

You must be mistaking PC gaming with console gaming.

PC online communities don't abandon a game to move onto the next big thing, unless there is something seriously wrong with the game. Many online games that are 5+ or even 10+ years old still have very active communities.

I might have to check it out in a couple of months when it's gotten down around $30 on Steam them. I haven't played a FPS in ages, so I'm sure I'll probably get slaughtered and put it down after 20 minutes!

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1711  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I own a PC and a PS4.

I've been playing Titanfall on the PC with settings maxed out and I freaking love it.

I would not have gotten the XB1 version if I had an XB1. I would still get the PC version.

No fanboy hate or anything - just saying. The best version of the game is on the PC. All other versions are watered down and/or perform poorly. It's just a fact.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#1712 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I had a blast with Titanfall yesterday... it is easily the best multiplayer game I've ever had the pleasure to play.

My problem isn't with the game, it's with the fact that if you, like me, bought the game digitally, you had to wait until 12am Pacific Standard Time to buy it, and you didn't get the preorder bonus (a $10 voucher on the Microsoft store) that physical preorders received. They (Microsoft? EA? Retailers?) were actively discouraging digital distribution, which is crazy. Instead of loading it up at midnight and playing for a few hours, I had to wait until 2am Central time just to start the 16.8GB download. I just went to sleep and played it when I woke up. Worst launch I've ever experienced. I'm still going digital this gen, but Microsoft needs to use Steam's model if they want to stay relevant in the age of digital distribution.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1713  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

I own a PC and a PS4.

I've been playing Titanfall on the PC with settings maxed out and I freaking love it.

I would not have gotten the XB1 version if I had an XB1. I would still get the PC version.

No fanboy hate or anything - just saying. The best version of the game is on the PC. All other versions are watered down and/or perform poorly. It's just a fact.

Yup PS4 fans now hiding behind their newly built PCs to bash Xone version . They keep changing strategies until someone catch them behind their lies.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1714 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

I own a PC and a PS4.

Do you think the lack of cheating in addition to being able to play with Xbox Live friends could make up for the occasional frame rate dips and lower resolution? Not trying to troll, serious question.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#1715  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@HadOne2Many said:

@Netherscourge said:

I own a PC and a PS4.

Do you think the lack of cheating in addition to being able to play with Xbox Live friends could make up for the occasional frame rate dips and lower resolution? Not trying to troll, serious question.

I have a decent PC, and I got the Xbox One version simply because I really like the Xbox One controller, and I despise Origin.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1716  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Netherscourge said:

I own a PC and a PS4.

Yup PS4 fans now hiding behind their newly build PCs to bash Xone version . They keep changing strategies until someone catch them behind their lies.

Lem buttmad that his exclusivity lies didn't work.

TF = not a system seller

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1717 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

grenade....try harder . Wait for numbers cow. It won't be miraculous but there will be a good two month bump

deal with it

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1718 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Giantbomb did El Tormented NOT you. You have no idea if this even detracts from the game or not. You're going off articles and youtube videos and not actual experience with the game. Those that have played it aren't complaining about it nor are they saying it takes away from the fun of the game.

The game still got AAA and it's still NOT on a PS console. Deal with it El Tormented and stop DCing.

How's KZ:SF so far? Oh yeah you don't have a PS4.

Cows the jokes of SWs.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1719 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

Played a few matches last night and I saw bots much more than pilots. Kinda annoying, but should change with more play as I get used to the maps.

Is there friendly fire in this game? I could have sworn as I was shooting rockets from the titan, it hit a friendly titan as he got in the way.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1720  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8012 Posts

@Netherscourge: "I own a PC and a PS4.

No fanboy hate or anything - just saying. The best version of the game is on the PC. All other versions are watered down and/or perform poorly. It's just a fact."

Just curious, if you have a gaming PC, why did you buy a PS4?.. as you said, playing the PS4 versions of multiplatform games like Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Thief, and etc would be watered down and/or perform poorly by comparison to a maxed out PC.. So, surely you would buy any multiplatform games for your PC so that you can get the very best graphical performance.. seems logical.. that being said, did you buy a PS4 during the launch window just to play Killzone?..

Just asking because so many PS4 fanboys try to hide behind gaming PCs when it comes to Titanfall without realizing that owning a PC capable of running these games on max settings virtually eliminates the value of owning a PS4 in the first place.. especially during the launch window and especially if your primary concerns are graphics and performance.. just wanted get an honest viewpoint from a non-fanboy like yourself..

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1721 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Netherscourge said:

I own a PC and a PS4.

Yup PS4 fans now hiding behind their newly build PCs to bash Xone version . They keep changing strategies until someone catch them behind their lies.

Lem buttmad that his exclusivity lies didn't work.

TF = not a system seller

TF=System seller.

See, i can pull baseless comments from my backside as well,lol

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1722 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

@donalbane said:

I had a blast with Titanfall yesterday... it is easily the best multiplayer game I've ever had the pleasure to play.

My problem isn't with the game, it's with the fact that if you, like me, bought the game digitally, you had to wait until 12am Pacific Standard Time to buy it, and you didn't get the preorder bonus (a $10 voucher on the Microsoft store) that physical preorders received. They (Microsoft? EA? Retailers?) were actively discouraging digital distribution, which is crazy. Instead of loading it up at midnight and playing for a few hours, I had to wait until 2am Central time just to start the 16.8GB download. I just went to sleep and played it when I woke up. Worst launch I've ever experienced. I'm still going digital this gen, but Microsoft needs to use Steam's model if they want to stay relevant in the age of digital distribution.

Yep, they really need to get with the times. I would prefer to go digital for all my games, but so far it is been split for me because of some of the issues you mentioned. I have Titanfall, Forza 5 & Tomb Raider on Disc, and Rayman Origins, Assassin's Creed IV as digital copies. If I can get a better deal on the disc than I can for the digital copy then something is very wrong.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1723 shawn30

Ok, about the Maps themselves. I can say there are 3 or 4 I think are just ok to meh. But damn, Demeter, Lagoon, Boneyard and especially Airbase, Outpost 207!!!!, Nexus, Relic and Rise are just fantastically designed. My fav so far is Outpost 207 and Boneyard. What about you guys?

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1724 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

@Netherscourge: "I own a PC and a PS4.

No fanboy hate or anything - just saying. The best version of the game is on the PC. All other versions are watered down and/or perform poorly. It's just a fact."

Just curious, if you have a gaming PC, why did you buy a PS4?.. as you said, playing the PS4 versions of multiplatform games like Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Thief, and etc would be watered down and/or perform poorly by comparison to a maxed out PC.. So, surely you would buy any multiplatform games for your PC so that you can get the very best graphical performance.. seems logical.. that being said, did you buy a PS4 during the launch window just to play Killzone?..

Just asking because so many PS4 fanboys try to hide behind gaming PCs when it comes to Titanfall without realizing that owning a PC capable of running these games on max settings virtually eliminates the value of owning a PS4 in the first place.. especially during the launch window.. just wanted get an honest viewpoint from a non-fanboy like yourself..

Good spot. Maybe he bought it for Knack.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1725 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

@tormentos said:

Get a freaking life cry baby even sites like GIantbomb noted the frames drops it isn't me

We all note the tear drops and it isn't me so you get a freaking life !

Every time a Xbone game gets a positive review you go in meltdown , a real Cow .

Not loving his Sony system , hell you don't even own one just hating all others .

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1726 shawn30

@Caseytappy said:

@tormentos said:

Get a freaking life cry baby even sites like GIantbomb noted the frames drops it isn't me

We all note the tear drops and it isn't me so you get a freaking life !

Every time a Xbone game gets a positive review you go in meltdown , a real Cow .

Not loving his Sony system , hell you don't even own one just hating all others .

You cannot find any reasonable discussion about non-Sony games with him. Its negative MS, all day every day. Cows Gonna Cow

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1727  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46198 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

PC online communities don't abandon a game to move onto the next big thing, unless there is something seriously wrong with the game. Many online games that are 5+ or even 10+ years old still have very active communities.

I might have to check it out in a couple of months when it's gotten down around $30 on Steam them. I haven't played a FPS in ages, so I'm sure I'll probably get slaughtered and put it down after 20 minutes!

It'll never be on steam. There's some thing going on that EA doesn't want its games on steam or something.

But I'm never buying anything from origin myself, the pricing is absurd (upward to 80 euro for a game). I bought Titanfall from GMG, they often do deals and vouchers which brings the price of games way down. I used a voucher for Titanfall as well :)

And it'll depend on the server really. In the beta you had some servers with really pro players and others with more beginner players. So sometimes you have a bad game and other times a good game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#1728 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Finally hit my first losing streak. I got stuck with a bunch of scrubs and we were playing all these leve 45+ dudes.

I was probably one of those scrubs. I played a couple of matches against some high ranking people and I was on a team where nobody was ranked higher than 5. But I still had fun.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1729 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

The cow meltdown is glorious, even Moogenja is getting in on the butthurt lol

Have to wait till friday to get my hands on TF but i'm sure the continued butthurt and tears from the cows in this thread will provide enough entertainment till then.

How are any COWS having a meltdown nor are anyone even bothered,:S PS4 is selling triple Xbox One's around the world anyway, 1 online shooter won't change it for Xbox One and most of the real fps players are on PC any how it may sell a couple more 100 X1's but it ain't a system seller, once people work out that the game repeats itself every 3minutes then it will be just left,

Have you read the cow posts in this thread?, oh wait you have them cow blinders on, nvm moving on.

Get over yourself, Titanfall is a good game, but it ain't the surviour, it's just an online shooter, same old same old, yes it's fresh but from what i've played myself on PC, i have to say all your playing for is a titan every 3mintues and repeat, and thats it, and there is no single player, and it's the only good game Xbox One has going for it for a few months.

No One is on damage control for a multiplatform game, which in the end will be on PS4 well Titanfall 2 will be on it and that will be the better game any how, you can all worship this multiplat game all you want but it's only going to be short lived.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1730 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

Have to wait till friday to get my hands on TF but i'm sure the continued butthurt and tears from the cows in this thread will provide enough entertainment till then.

How are any COWS having a meltdown nor are anyone even bothered,:S PS4 is selling triple Xbox One's around the world anyway, 1 online shooter won't change it for Xbox One and most of the real fps players are on PC any how it may sell a couple more 100 X1's but it ain't a system seller, once people work out that the game repeats itself every 3minutes then it will be just left,

Have you read the cow posts in this thread?, oh wait you have them cow blinders on, nvm moving on.

Get over yourself, Titanfall is a good game, but it ain't the surviour, it's just an online shooter, same old same old, yes it's fresh but from what i've played myself on PC, i have to say all your playing for is a titan every 3mintues and repeat, and thats it, and there is no single player, and it's the only good game Xbox One has going for it for a few months.

No One is on damage control for a multiplatform game, which in the end will be on PS4 well Titanfall 2 will be on it and that will be the better game any how, you can all worship this multiplat game all you want but it's only going to be short lived.

No damage control for this multi-plat? Are you blind?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1731 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

And yet, there are sony fanboys damage controlling.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1732 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

I like how sony fans are pretending those Elop quotes were real when MS debunked them at the same time they were spreading. No quote from him actually said he was cutting Xbox. Although Xbox Fans are also to blame, making fun of sony's building sales. For such a obsessed group of Sony fans on this board that is doing nothing but hurting their feelings.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1733 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

How many people are already getting bored with the multiplayer? I know I got bored with the beta hella fast. Killing twice as many AI bots as humans in an online multiplayer game = boring as f***. This game could be so good if they would just make a human-only mode where Titans aren't handed out to people like candy. I like a little bit of competitiveness in my FPS games and until Respawn can deliver on their requests and make a bot-free more competitive game mode, I'm not buying it.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1735  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Messiahbolical- said:

How many people are already getting bored with the multiplayer? I know I got bored with the beta hella fast. Killing twice as many AI bots as humans in an online multiplayer game = boring as f***. This game could be so good if they would just make a human-only mode where Titans aren't handed out to people like candy. I like a little bit of competitiveness in my FPS games and until Respawn can deliver on their requests and make a bot-free more competitive game mode, I'm not buying it.

I think the bots add to the strategy. Firing at bots will give away your position to the other human players and that can either give them an advantage, or allow you to lure them into a trap. And the matches feel very chaotic because of the amount of bots/players. There are many times in BF4 and COD where I go 30 seconds or longer without shooting anything. Not in Titanfall.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1736 shawn30

@Messiahbolical- said:

There's more than enough competition in TF. Bots don't damage that as they count for less points anyway. The true grit of the game is pilot against pilot. Maybe you just aren't very good yet. The game has a learning curve and you find a balance between bots, pilots, and titans. Truly loving the game so far.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1737 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

What exactly are we damage controlling to be fair????

PS4 is out selling Xbox One all over the world, even Wii U was beating Xbox One sales , even PS3 was selling better.

I'm not hating on Titanfall I have the game on PC, it's fun, it isn't revolutionary but it's fun, is it worth a 9/10, sure for something fresh compared to COD, but it's the same repeat repeat repeat every game, it does ware a little thing after awhile, but thats my opinion,

I think this game got way to much hype and cannon fodder for Lems, when reality is it's only a multiplat you can't really call it an exclusive.

Undoubtedly Titanfall 2 will be heading to the PS4 which will be 10 times better than the first game on all systems,

So what exactly are people damage controlling about an online game which can be bought on a pc???

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1738  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Snugenz said:

What exactly are we damage controlling to be fair????

PS4 is out selling Xbox One all over the world, even Wii U was beating Xbox One sales , even PS3 was selling better.

I'm not hating on Titanfall I have the game on PC, it's fun, it isn't revolutionary but it's fun, is it worth a 9/10, sure for something fresh compared to COD, but it's the same repeat repeat repeat every game, it does ware a little thing after awhile, but thats my opinion,

I think this game got way to much hype and cannon fodder for Lems, when reality is it's only a multiplat you can't really call it an exclusive.

Undoubtedly Titanfall 2 will be heading to the PS4 which will be 10 times better than the first game on all systems,

So what exactly are people damage controlling about an online game which can be bought on a pc???

look through the damn thread, then ask them why they're damage controlling

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1739 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

@HadOne2Many said:

Seems to me like there's 3 separate types of posters in this thread.

1. People who have played and enjoy the game.

2. People hating on the game because they hate EA/COD and see this as nothing but COD w/Mechs.

3. People hating on the game because it isn't available on Sony platforms.

Kind of a double whammy of hate. I totally get not liking a game (even a highly reviewed game like this one) and I understand there are many gamers on this site that prefer single player games over multiplayer, but I will never understand the urge to completely shit all over something just because it isn't your cup of tea. I'm all for shitting on broken games and calling out companies for actual problems with the game (like last nights server issues on the XB1) but the pure hatred is baffling. /end rant

4. People who hate online multi-player games and refuse to accept the new norm.

5. "Elite" FPS players who don't want casual FPS players to have any chance against them.

How is one MP only game make it the norm?

@sts106mat said:

how long will the crazy damage control last?

Until the sales numbers come out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1740  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@bezza2011: I have the exact same question. Why are cows damage controlling so bad over a multi-plat? This thread is covered in it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1741 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

How does posting facts make me a lemming?

All i was doing was debunking Grenades comment that 'everything is ok at SCE'

Clearly it isn't.

But i forgot, posting facts about SONY's financial status makes people a lemming right? just proves many peoples point on here that if you say anything remotely bad about SONY you get lumped into the Pro MS camp.

and there is nothing wrong with the Xbone sales, just because they are not as good as the Ps4 doesn't mean they are bad.

Did you know that the UK launch for the xbone was more impressive than the UK launch for the 360?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-xbox-one-outsells-xbox-360-two-to-one-in-uk-launch

So it had a more successful launch than the 360 here in the UK, how can that be a bad thing.

Cow logic Xbone sales<Ps4 sales=Disastrous sales

If anything i am an ASUS fanboy these days because i mainly game on a google Nexus 7 2012 and all my kids now have asus tablets, planning on getting an Asus PC as well.

A true gamer is like a true samurai, he masters EVERY aspect of gaming, i have mastered , keyboard, joystick, mouse+keyboard, controller and now i am going to master touch controls and then Motion controls when i eventually get a Wii-u, you lot can all squabble about resolutions and console power all day long, i have moved on, i will play the games i want to play, the way i want to play them on the system i want to play them and i don't see any 'next gen' MS or SONY consoles in my home anytime soon.

""Cowgarance at it's finest, SONY as a whole is Heading towards bankruptcy ""

Yeah specially that ^^ fact...

Of course it outsold the xbox 360,have you forgotten that the xbox 360 had a huge shortage because of yield issues.?

So comparing a constricted supply xbox 360 vs the xbox one isn't a good meter by any way.

Oh wait because you selectively claim that it outsold the xbox 360 2 to 1 to prove the xbox one is a success,but did you posted that it failed to outsell the PS3 which loss to the 360 in UK.?

I wonder what is a better measure rule,using the 360 which was constrained at launch unit wise,or using the PS3 which was 425 pounds 4 less than the xbox one,and actually sold more than the xbox one to.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/25/xbox_one_fails_top_top_ps3_weekone_sales/

You are a die hard lemming who is always downplaying sony and lately you are on a roll..lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1742  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Messiahbolical- said:

not anyone elses fault but your own if your brain is wired so narrowly that you can't see that even with bots its competitive. and there is a massive skill gap regardless of bots.

think outside the box. I dont know why you people think killing an NPC is equal to killing a player... at this point its down right special bus material honestly.....

81 Games played, 3.3 PLAYER K/D ( Avg 9.1 last 10 games) .... much bigger skill cieling than games like CoD/BF ......

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1743  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@bforrester420 said:

It'll never be on steam. There's some thing going on that EA doesn't want its games on steam or something.

But I'm never buying anything from origin myself, the pricing is absurd (upward to 80 euro for a game). I bought Titanfall from GMG, they often do deals and vouchers which brings the price of games way down. I used a voucher for Titanfall as well :)

And it'll depend on the server really. In the beta you had some servers with really pro players and others with more beginner players. So sometimes you have a bad game and other times a good game.

That sucks. I've played so few EA games over the past few years that I've never even looked for them on Steam. I guess I'll never end up playing TF1.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1744 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Messiahbolical- said:

There's more than enough competition in TF. Bots don't damage that as they count for less points anyway. The true grit of the game is pilot against pilot. Maybe you just aren't very good yet. The game has a learning curve and you find a balance between bots, pilots, and titans. Truly loving the game so far.

That's fine if you love the game the way it is, but like I said personally I want a bot-free experience. I get no satisfaction out of killing bots that aren't even a threat to me. In fact, killing them is so unsatisfying that it's practically anti-satisfying. When I'm running around in Titanfall doing nothing but killing bots and not finding any pilots, I feel like I'm completely wasting my time because there's no challenge or competition factor there. There's no stimulation. I feel like I'm playing target practice half of the time when playing Titanfall.

I don't see why Respawn can't make a bot-free 12v12 playlist. There's no excuse. They could just limit the amount of Titans per team on the map at once to 3-4 or something. Or hell, they could just make the Titans actually a CHALLENGE to get to begin with. Why does EVERYONE need to get handed a Titan even if they're doing nothing to help the team win? That makes the Titans seem like a joke. The fact that everyone gets a Titan no matter what, even if you intentionally let the other team kill you over and over, makes getting your Titan and using it less satisfying to me. At least in COD you had to earn your giant killing machines, in Titanfall they're handed out like candy and it ruins the fun of using them. Kind of how the pilot-vs-pilot action is a lot of fun but when the match is over and I see I got 14 pilot kills and 30 bot kills, it kind of ruins the match for me.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1745  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@silversix_:

don't see anything wrong with not having any

this is all i hear for this game. It has no campaign - nothing wrong with not having any. pathetic customization of your character - nothing wrong with not having any. 5 game modes - nothing wrong with not having many. what the ****? Since we're at it why don't Respawn create an empty room, give you one weapon and let you shoot walls as 'gameplay'? Would this also be "nothing wrong with not having any" more things to do in a video game you're paying full price for? People bending too much for this game and call of duty these days, its not even funny.

mmmm delicious butthurt cow tears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1747 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@sts106mat said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Messiahbolical- said:

not anyone elses fault but your own if your brain is wired so narrowly that you can't see that even with bots its competitive. and there is a massive skill gap regardless of bots.

think outside the box. I dont know why you people think killing an NPC is equal to killing a player... at this point its down right special bus material honestly.....

exactly, the bots are there and are part of the game. (they are also robots in the actual story as they can be hacked in game), they keep you busy always something to shoot / do.... they also have the benefit of being a bit like the marines are in Halo campaign modes........making you feel like a badass important dude on the battlefield instead of a random grunt like in COD.

Its like if people think there is only one way to make an interesting MP experience... the same tired "oh look, there is 12 people on th emap, they are the only living things. FIRST ONE TO SPOT THE OTHER WINS" ..... so tiresome.... not even remotely more skillfull... just mindless.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1748 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

@silversix_ said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@silversix_:

don't see anything wrong with not having any

this is all i hear for this game. It has no campaign - nothing wrong with not having any. pathetic customization of your character - nothing wrong with not having any. 5 game modes - nothing wrong with not having many. what the ****? Since we're at it why don't Respawn create an empty room, give you one weapon and let you shoot walls as 'gameplay'? Would this also be "nothing wrong with not having any" more things to do in a video game you're paying full price for? People bending too much for this game and call of duty these days, its not even funny.

mmmm delicious butthurt cow tears

If i cared about some random call of duty POS i'd play it and guess at what resolution? Okay okay you won't need to guess! NOT in 792p/medium settings with textures straight from 07.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1749 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58845 Posts

Almost on 85% metacirtic. Such a gamechanger.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1750 musicalmac  Moderator

@Messiahbolical- said:

That's fine if you love the game the way it is, but like I said personally I want a bot-free experience. I get no satisfaction out of killing bots that aren't even a threat to me. In fact, killing them is so unsatisfying that it's practically anti-satisfying. When I'm running around in Titanfall doing nothing but killing bots and not finding any pilots, I feel like I'm completely wasting my time because there's no challenge or competition factor there. There's no stimulation. I feel like I'm playing target practice half of the time when playing Titanfall.

I don't see why Respawn can't make a bot-free 12v12 playlist. There's no excuse. They could just limit the amount of Titans per team on the map at once to 3-4 or something. Or hell, they could just make the Titans actually a CHALLENGE to get to begin with. Why does EVERYONE need to get handed a Titan even if they're doing nothing to help the team win? That makes the Titans seem like a joke. The fact that everyone gets a Titan no matter what, even if you intentionally let the other team kill you over and over, makes getting your Titan and using it less satisfying to me. At least in COD you had to earn your giant killing machines, in Titanfall they're handed out like candy and it ruins the fun of using them. Kind of how the pilot-vs-pilot action is a lot of fun but when the match is over and I see I got 14 pilot kills and 30 bot kills, it kind of ruins the match for me.

I've seen this a couple times and I think it needs to be addressed.

Those ideas are so terrible that it boggles the mind. The idea of limiting the number of titans per team at any given time is a special kind of bad idea. You want to make Titanfall a regular shooter? Thank God you don't work at Respawn.

Part two of addressing terrible ideas: Why does everyone need a titan? Because you're a pilot! It's assumed you've already earned the use of a titan, which is why there are grunts and specres running around offering very little in the way of a challenge to you, the BA pilot with titan privileges.

If Titanfall isn't "hard core" enough for you, you're not obligated to play it. For most people who aren't too serious about gaming but see it as a means to enjoy themselves, Titanfall fills that desire very, very well. And it does so for a much larger population than maybe any multiplayer focused shooter before it.