TITANFALL REVIEWS INSIDE -- GS - 9 HYPE MET (Keep it here!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#951 Posted by cainetao11 (16654 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

I'm laughing at the "if I was MS, I'd be upset if blah blah" cow posts. You are upset, and we all know it!

Upset about what?

That the game got a score that it didn't deserve? Yeah, that I'm pretty uncomfortable about.

I have a PC that can play the game better than the Xbone can. I've played the beta and I'm not going to pay for this bargain-bin shooter.

Then why all the DC'ing? Come on guy, we've all been here long enough to know DC and butthurt

#952 Posted by cainetao11 (16654 posts) -

@Sweetbackhair said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

I'm laughing at the "if I was MS, I'd be upset if blah blah" cow posts. You are upset, and we all know it!

Upset about what?

That the game got a score that it didn't deserve? Yeah, that I'm pretty uncomfortable about.

I have a PC that can play the game better than the Xbone can. I've played the beta and I'm not going to pay for this bargain-bin shooter.

Don't play it then, it's simple as that.

But isn't the bribery in the media a big issue worth talking about?

When you provide cold, hard, factual proof of it, then it is. Until, its just butthurt

#953 Edited by whatsazerg (195 posts) -

Excited to play the game.... and LOL at the XBOTS paying $500 to play it at 792p.... but anyone know exactly when the PC version is up and ready to go? I saw 1:00am listed somewhere, but what timezone I wonder

#954 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3778 posts) -

Remember the AAAe days?

#955 Posted by cainetao11 (16654 posts) -

Remember the AAAe days?

Sure do. Forza 5 not even 5 months ago.

#956 Posted by musicalmac (22851 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@urbansys said:

@musicalmac: 12 am pdt is not for another 6 hours... not sure where you think you'll be on in 3 hours.

Origin says the game releases in under 3 hours

14 minutes now. YUP.

#957 Posted by Kiro0 (1173 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Kiro0 said:

Loving the hell out of this game. No FPS issues on PC, so it sucks if it's a problem on consoles.

except for the weird frame cap/v-sync issue from what I hear

I don't know if I've noticed but I haven't really looked into it due to lack of issues. I get a solid 60 FPS on mostly the highest settings with vsync on and don't really worry about anything else.

#958 Edited by DirkXXVI (497 posts) -

I can easily picture a high ranking Capcom employee saying "We are looking to appeal to the Titanfall crowd" around the time they're getting ready to release Resident Evil 7 prompting a backlash among fans. After which said employee will be confused and ask 'what I do wrong, I didn't say Call of Duty this time?'

The sad thing is for all the idiotic publishers chasing the Call of Duty crowd Respawn was the only one that actually had a decent plan to attract the COD crowd. Shockingly the answer was to make a slightly different yet mainly online multiplayer shooter using a new IP. I guess we can't blame everyone else for figuring that out. After all it is similar to rocket science which requires an intimate understanding of physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, and engineering while knowing what COD fans want requires being able to write your own name on a sheet of paper.

#959 Posted by musicalmac (22851 posts) -

TIME TO DROP!!

#960 Posted by gago-gago (9274 posts) -

Come tomorrow these forums will be filled with cows since everyone will be too busy playing this triple A game. There will be breaks but the majority of posts will be from the ones who doesn't have anything to play, PS4 only owners.

#961 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5594 posts) -

I don't get this. Cows are damage controlling but Lems are claiming victory over a mulitiplat that anybody can play be it on the xbone, 360, or PC?

#962 Posted by whatsazerg (195 posts) -

Initializing...

"cancel"

=(

#963 Edited by lostrib (33480 posts) -

....and it looks like server issues.

#964 Edited by billing (611 posts) -

2 million people trying to get on at the same time....

#965 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3778 posts) -

POWER OF THE CLOUD

#966 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3778 posts) -

Stand by for Titanfall!

#967 Edited by gago-gago (9274 posts) -

I'm still addicted on playing PvZ and now Titanfall is coming in a few for me, man it's great to be an Xbox One owner right now. If I only had a PS4 right now, I would just be on forums getting excited about announcements and talking about sales and resolutions.

#968 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

Just playing the waiting game to get in!

#970 Posted by gago-gago (9274 posts) -

That's Origin for you. Xbox Live is where it's at, until that get overloaded too since a billion wants to play at the same time.

#971 Posted by AdobeArtist (22792 posts) -

aaaahhh well, I couldn't resist :P

#972 Posted by lostrib (33480 posts) -

That's Origin for you. Xbox Live is where it's at, until that get overloaded too since a billion wants to play at the same time.

both versions run off Microsoft servers

#973 Posted by Joedgabe (5095 posts) -

I take it they didn't do a server stress test during the beta.

#974 Posted by finalstar2007 (24899 posts) -

I been hearing that the game runs well on a crappy PC is that correct? i think im going to cave in and get it on my laptop and here's hoping it will run it or i'll rage really hard if it dosent lol

Origin here we come!

#975 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I take it they didn't do a server stress test during the beta.

I guess not

#976 Posted by CloudStrife213 (423 posts) -

I been hearing that the game runs well on a crappy PC is that correct? i think im going to cave in and get it on my laptop and here's hoping it will run it or i'll rage really hard if it dosent lol

Origin here we come!

Define crappy? What kind of specs?

#977 Edited by lostrib (33480 posts) -

The ogre kill animations is pretty awesome

#978 Posted by musicalmac (22851 posts) -

In my first hour with the game, I've done a lot of really, really awesome stuff. The highlight may have been ripping off a titan's arms and then using those arms to beat it to death.

We're just getting started. Good gravy.

#979 Edited by finalstar2007 (24899 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Origin here we come!

Define crappy? What kind of specs?

Sadly im not that good with the technical stuff so i'll have to wait till i get home and try to figure out where the specs of the laptop are at lol but its a 4 year old laptop that dosent even work without plugging it into a power plug ( battery dead ).

a quick note last game i played on it was LoL was ran pretty well so BUT the one time steam offered MW3 for free as a Weekend gift and that game ran pretty bad like the character lagged real bad just walking around the map.

#980 Edited by Cranler (8379 posts) -

so you have to pay $560+taxes to play Titanfall on Xbox One?

or you can just buy it for your xbox 360 and save tons of money, both run at 720p, rofl.

So game res is the only factor that decides how good a game looks?

You speak as if people would buy the xbone juts to play Titanfall and never buy any other game for it. Halo and Gears fans who are interested in Titanfall may as well get xbone now.

#981 Posted by Mark36111 (545 posts) -

Fun so far, though I feel like the titans should spawn about half as quickly as they currently do.

#982 Posted by whatsazerg (195 posts) -

Well I'm lvl 4 now... and well... I dunno. My initial impression is.... all twitch, no strategy. Admittedly I'm sucking at the game... like 1 pilot kill / 1 titan kill per match approx. Yet in BF4 I'm almost always in the top 3 on my team in kills w/ very few deaths.

I'm going to give it some more time... but I don't know if this game is all its been hyped up to be. The matches just feel like a giant "CLUSTERF*CK"

#983 Edited by mems_1224 (46295 posts) -

played about an hour of the campaign. game is still as fun as the beta was.

#984 Posted by Fizzman (9869 posts) -

Sooooooo good. Playing it on PC and will probably get it for Xbox One as well.

#985 Posted by Phazevariance (10934 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

@lancex2 said:

Jesuz Christ the cows are in massive damage control hahah. This thread is amazing.

you mad, why would cows be in DC over a multiplat that they can play on Sony Viio in 1080p?

And yet, massive Damage Control. Lol

Lol, yup. Little does he know that his Sony Viao is pretty much useless for games if it doesn't run Microsoft Windows. In fact, Microsoft Windows is the deciding factor of what platform can run it on PC, not what hardware brand. oh those cows.

#987 Posted by Spartan070 (16328 posts) -

How's that INFINITE CLOUD POWER working out?!

LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111six

Most of the issues you're hearing about are Origin oriented as it's PC downloads having the most trouble.

#988 Posted by mems_1224 (46295 posts) -

Best meme generator ever

#989 Posted by Shewgenja (8354 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

How's that INFINITE CLOUD POWER working out?!

LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111six

Most of the issues you're hearing about are Origin oriented as it's PC downloads having the most trouble.

Okilydokily.

#990 Edited by Spartan070 (16328 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

Best meme generator ever

Yep, hope 343industries is taking note, Halo 5 needs one.

#991 Edited by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

The animation for every intro to each match is awesome!

#992 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5594 posts) -

I get that this game got a 9.0 but why are people claiming victory because of it? I know this is system wars and that Sony fanboys are damage controlling but this is still a multiplat? I'm confused.

#993 Posted by jsmoke03 (12631 posts) -

I get that this game got a 9.0 but why are people claiming victory because of it? I know this is system wars and that Sony fanboys are damage controlling but this is still a multiplat? I'm confused.

lems used to do this to cows when gta always came out on sony platforms first. the halo vs gta topics were hillarious. lesson- fanboys arguments are pointless

#994 Posted by lostrib (33480 posts) -

Oh man, I forgot there are ziplines

#995 Posted by cainetao11 (16654 posts) -

@gago-gago: really? Its that hard to get? Cows DC anything NOT on PS, especially if its on Xbox. And lens will sing just to get more crying cows.

#996 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@MisterXMedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

Upset about what?

Then why all the DC'ing? Come on guy, we've all been here long enough to know DC and butthurt

Again, I've said it over 20 times. I've played the game and I could buy it any time I wish.

I won't, because I don't like playing TF2 by myself.

It just strikes me as bizarre that people would enjoy something like that.

#997 Posted by cainetao11 (16654 posts) -

@MisterXMedia: nobody buys it dude. Your butthurt, we all saw it in this thread. Don't ask me why your butthurt. You really don't understand people have different tastes? How old are you? I have a friend who grew up in the Bronx, like me, but likes the red sox. People like things that I don't, and believe it or not, things you don't like either.

#998 Posted by magicalclick (22399 posts) -

lolz, cows are really moo moo. Hating a multiplatform game because they couldn't play it. Oh well, I guess they don't have a good PC to run it. Or maybe because TitanFall isn't an interactive movie.

#999 Posted by Spartan070 (16328 posts) -

For SW purposes the fact that it isn't on PS4 supercedes the fact that it's not exclusive.

#1000 Posted by cainetao11 (16654 posts) -

@magicalclick: seems they really want only one console manufacturer in the industry.