TITANFALL REVIEWS INSIDE -- GS - 9 HYPE MET (Keep it here!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#851 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

how is this game selling so far on pc? Will the PC competitive community adopt this game? or will they throw it out like an unwanted child?

No idea but Im gonna own the PC "master race" with a 360 controller like a boss.

Whatever your score is w/ 360 controller, multiply that by 10 is what you'd get with kb/m.

#852 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

how is this game selling so far on pc? Will the PC competitive community adopt this game? or will they throw it out like an unwanted child?

X1 is 3:1 to PC and 360 combined

EA let out their Origin digital sales ? Link?

#853 Posted by lostrib (34521 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

No idea but Im gonna own the PC "master race" with a 360 controller like a boss.

Get wrecked, son!

#854 Posted by silversix_ (14075 posts) -

Is there anything destructible outside windows glass in this game or its 100% static as a game would've been in the 90's?

#855 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

Is there anything destructible outside windows glass in this game or its 100% static as a game would've been in the 90's?

titans

#856 Edited by MBirdy88 (7706 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

oh noes, now I cant have any fun because a piece of a building doesn't blow up like Battlefield. oh whatever shall I do? oh right... not care.

Can't blow anything up on TF2 .... dont care.

cant blwo anything up on counter strike either.

oh the flaws.

#857 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4748 posts) -

Truly I find it hilarious and baffling that there are people that are this butthurt over a game getting a good score.

#858 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13427 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@silversix_ said:

titans

The framerate is pretty destructible.

#859 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

Can't believe cows are still damage controlling over KZ SF? lol deal with it you guys already have enough to damage control for today. Must be pretty butthurt when a game with no sp and lower graphics get's a higher rating.

#860 Edited by urbansys (232 posts) -

@lostrib: he does not have proof. He also fails to realize that they delayed the 360 version to get people to buy it for the xbox one thus maybe even buying the xbox one.... butt hurt fan boys on both sides cling to anything.

#861 Edited by Youoweme (14 posts) -
@jeffmonster said:

@youoweme said:

LOL, so after all the insane hype this game has been getting, it only has an 87 on Metacritic thus far. Wow!

And this multiplat was supposed to save the Xbox One from ceasing to exist in the near future?

The score is good, I will admit that, but it's not spectacular at all. So in that sense, this game has failed miserably to live up to the hype.

And the sad part is, this was Microsoft's only hope, from here on out Sony will take a huge dump on the entire Xbox division.

I want this young man put on suicide watch. He's all kinds of crazy.

The game was clearly overhyped. I was expecting something like TLOU, which means a 95 rating and over 200 GOTY awards. But I now know Titanfall will never come close to that achievement.

I'm glad it got a 9 on GS, so it doesn't sting too much for the fanboys out there. But still, wow, consider me surprised it only got an 87 thus far. I hope the rating goes up and not down even further.

#862 Posted by lostrib (34521 posts) -

@youoweme said:
@jeffmonster said:

@youoweme said:

LOL, so after all the insane hype this game has been getting, it only has an 87 on Metacritic thus far. Wow!

And this multiplat was supposed to save the Xbox One from ceasing to exist in the near future?

The score is good, I will admit that, but it's not spectacular at all. So in that sense, this game has failed miserably to live up to the hype.

And the sad part is, this was Microsoft's only hope, from here on out Sony will take a huge dump on the entire Xbox division.

The game was clearly overhyped. I was expecting something like TLOU, which means a 95 rating and over 200 GOTY awards. But I now know Titanfall will never come close to that achievement.

I'm glad it got a 9 on GS, so it doesn't sting too much for the fanboys out there. But still, wow, consider me surprised it only got an 87 thus far. I hope the rating goes up and not down even further.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

#863 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -
#864 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

I feel bad for cows. They want TF so bad. They claim they will get it for the PC for the resolution. But there stuck on origin servers that crash all the time

#865 Posted by Chutebox (36632 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@silversix_ said:

titans

Zing!

#866 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: oh yes. i can't tolerate single digit frame rates.

i'm actually keen to try out triple digit frame rates.

#867 Posted by silversix_ (14075 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@silversix_ said:

titans

WOW Next Generation is certainly here

#868 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

@musicalmac: 12 am pdt is not for another 6 hours... not sure where you think you'll be on in 3 hours.

#869 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Why is Titanfall only 792p on X1, shouldn't it be higher?

short answer - yes.

long answer:

in my personal opinion, i'd like a native render at 1080p. if i do decide to get this game, i'll get it on PC for that (among other) reason/s.

the xbox one only has a certain amount of grunt it can spend on a render. one guess is they can't employ the kind of graphical settings/effects they want to use at 1080P at playable framerates on xbox one.

my guess is they've made a compromise. lower the number of pixels to render, such that they can include the detail they want to include in the render.

don't expect 1080p native, it should run 900p though

#870 Posted by lostrib (34521 posts) -

I uncapped my framerate in CS:GO and L4D2 just to see how high it would go

#871 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@silversix_:

don't see anything wrong with not having any

#872 Edited by Youoweme (14 posts) -
@TheFadeForever said:

@youoweme:

TLOU had 98 reviews

Which makes it even more impressive. Come on, everyone was expecting atleast a 90 or higher weren't they? The hype made me believe it was going to do as good as TLOU.

#873 Posted by lostrib (34521 posts) -

I feel bad for cows. They want TF so bad. They claim they will get it for the PC for the resolution. But there stuck on origin servers that crash all the time

Well A) it's "they're" not there, and B) PC uses azure servers

#874 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Some pc site is saying that the engine used in titan fall is older and less complex than the engine that powers decade+ old Count Strike, rofl.

Yet Titanfall has better textures and has much more advanced lighting. Even Lost Coast looks completely outdated by Titanfall.

Titanfall's engine is capable but it was massively stripped down for X1.

That's what that PC site said, I misunderstood the user in that forum.

because its stripped down so much, games like Lost Coast in high detail in full 1080p, 4xaa, 16af can look much much better than Titafall on X1.

Lol no. The true hdr alone in Titanfall put's it way past lost coast? Why would res, aa and af factor in? Both games support those features? Titanfall mimics a sunny day almost just as well as any of todays shooters while Lost Coasts hdr is laughable by todays standards.

#875 Edited by super600 (30308 posts) -

@youoweme said:
@jeffmonster said:

@youoweme said:

A new developer does not usually create games that score that high on Metacritic usually on their first game.

#876 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13427 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

I can't play shooters unless it's uncapped, I loathe vsyncing when it requires precision.

#877 Edited by lostrib (34521 posts) -

@urbansys said:

@musicalmac: 12 am pdt is not for another 6 hours... not sure where you think you'll be on in 3 hours.

Origin says the game releases in under 3 hours

#878 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Some pc site is saying that the engine used in titan fall is older and less complex than the engine that powers decade+ old Count Strike, rofl.

Yet Titanfall has better textures and has much more advanced lighting. Even Lost Coast looks completely outdated by Titanfall.

Beautiful.

Ugly as fuck.

I hope you found this post informative my friend.

Titanfall looks better imo.

#879 Posted by lostrib (34521 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

I can't play shooters unless it's uncapped, I loathe vsyncing when it requires precision.

I would just have afterburner cap the framerate not use v-sync

#880 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@youoweme:

You do realize there are still tons of more reviews that are coming TLOU did not achieve all those review by one day.

#881 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13427 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Yeah that too, Nvidiainspector isn't all that bad for that.

#882 Posted by mems_1224 (46557 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Whatever your score is w/ 360 controller, multiply that by 10 is what you'd get with kb/m.

IDK man, I was playing the PC beta with a controller the entire time and I was near the top almost always. dat auto aim. that game was made for a controller.

#883 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

short answer - yes.

long answer:

in my personal opinion, i'd like a native render at 1080p. if i do decide to get this game, i'll get it on PC for that (among other) reason/s.

the xbox one only has a certain amount of grunt it can spend on a render. one guess is they can't employ the kind of graphical settings/effects they want to use at 1080P at playable framerates on xbox one.

my guess is they've made a compromise. lower the number of pixels to render, such that they can include the detail they want to include in the render.

sorry that reads like it is advice for me, but i don't see how it applies.

#884 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

nah nah gentlemen i mean when using a monitor capable of displaying a triple digit frame rate, like 120/144Hz.

obviously if i'm getting 100+fps on a 60 Hz monitor then I just see 60 Hz. I want to see 100+ fps and I can't do that on my TV.

#885 Posted by mems_1224 (46557 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Get wrecked, son!

You dont want none, I will punch your Titan in the face and then teabag your lifeless corpse :P

#886 Posted by lostrib (34521 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

short answer - yes.

long answer:

sorry that reads like it is advice for me, but i don't see how it applies.

Obviously it means you should run it at 900p on your PC

#887 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: it's because Titanfall isn't a regular FPS it's what we call today an arcade shooter.

#888 Posted by MBirdy88 (7706 posts) -
@youoweme said:
@TheFadeForever said:

@youoweme:

TLOU had 98 reviews

Which makes it even more impressive. Come on, everyone was expecting atleast a 90 or higher weren't they? The hype made me believe it was going to do as good as TLOU.

I would take some 7-8 games over TLOU ... its only 97 in its genre..... which had what competition? linear story 10 hour tps games?

#889 Edited by silversix_ (14075 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@silversix_:

don't see anything wrong with not having any

this is all i hear for this game. It has no campaign - nothing wrong with not having any. pathetic customization of your character - nothing wrong with not having any. 5 game modes - nothing wrong with not having many. what the fuck? Since we're at it why don't Respawn create an empty room, give you one weapon and let you shoot walls as 'gameplay'? Would this also be "nothing wrong with not having any" more things to do in a video game you're paying full price for? People bending too much for this game and call of duty these days, its not even funny.

#890 Posted by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

EA and Respawn betted on right horse, the Xbox. It's apparent that Sony systems are not suitable for multiplayer shooters. Their systems are more for Indy type single player games. Can not wait to hop on this!

#891 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

pre order charts from a crappy site source :P

#892 Posted by Big_Pecks (5245 posts) -

lol 800+ posts.

Still sad that there's no attempt at single player and it manages to score well.

#893 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (952 posts) -

Sony with butthurt emotions rings EA developer support line, ask arrogantly while crying and pleading to EA masters a Titanfall port for their sad costumers.

Respawn denied acess. (one of the few reasons here below)

#894 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8625 posts) -

Having trouble selecting a character for Dark Souls II, or you just plain suck at the game?

#895 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

@lostrib: i swear to god foundrib. if you rip on me one hundred to two hundred more times...

#897 Posted by samanthademeste (1101 posts) -

What would Titanfall look like on the Wii U?

#898 Edited by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@silversix_:

Just exactly how many modes is enough when they can be bad or lack balance. You seem to be picking on little things that doesn't determine if the game is good like not having true destructive environment or the fact it doesn't have ton of weapon which we all know if did there most likely wouldn't be a lot of difference between many of them. I have yet to play the final game so I'm not going to comment on the customization.

#899 Posted by getyeryayasout (7178 posts) -

I'm not surprised, Titanfall looks like tons of fun.

#900 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

@lostrib: i swear to god foundrib. if you rip on me one hundred to two hundred more times...

hahahaha!