TITANFALL REVIEWS INSIDE -- GS - 9 HYPE MET (Keep it here!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#801 Posted by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Who would have thought that site would be this useful!

Who posted it? It came in pretty handy.

@PhazonBlazer posted it a few hours ago, I've been using it for a couple days now but never posted the site.

#802 Posted by cainetao11 (16462 posts) -

@draign said:

I cant believe people are still doing damage control.

damage control can only exist if the game is exclusive, so get lost chump.

Evidently not.

#803 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3938 posts) -

@draign said:

Not at all, cows wanted the game to fail and now all the excuses are coming out, that's damage control. If it was on PS4, they would be as excited as they are for that Destiny bs.

#804 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

Been away for a bit, cows still butt hurt?

im pretty sure the weaker cows have committed suicide. Haz hasn't shown up for a bit or at all in this thread. Juarbles and MisterX are trying to hold the fort but its being overrun

#805 Posted by Messiahbolical- (5542 posts) -

Just imagine how good the game would be if there were more pilots and no bots and Titans were harder to get, and a good Single Player campaign as well.

It just doesn't have that competitiveness I enjoy in an online FPS game. I got really bored at times during the beta.

#806 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Who would have thought that site would be this useful!

Who posted it? It came in pretty handy.

@PhazonBlazer posted it a few hours ago, I've been using it for a couple days now but never posted the site.

It was a pretty good find.

#807 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@-Karmum- said:

Looks like Titanfall has passed the first test: meeting the hype and being a genuinely great game. Good for Respawn. Curious to see how many XB1s it'll move, because that's possibly the even bigger test.

game should be out for PS4 sooner now than you think, but by then i don't think nobody will care much.

Titanfall 1 will never be on PS4, and if it sells well and systems over the next 6 months MS will cut the check necessary to keep Titanfall on Xbox/PC. Its not about how many consoles sell the first month, but the consistent sales going forward being an improvement than the 4 months that came before it. If MS deems that TF is key to the eco-system and mindshare of the One, they will and can write the check needed.

#808 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

Why is Titanfall only 792p on X1, shouldn't it be higher?

Why? The Xbone is barely stronger than the 360.

Word in town is that the 360 version got delayed because there was barely any difference between the 2 console versions.

#809 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3938 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Some pc site is saying that the engine used in titan fall is older and less complex than the engine that powers decade+ old Count Strike, rofl.

Yet Titanfall has better textures and has much more advanced lighting. Even Lost Coast looks completely outdated by Titanfall.

Beautiful.

Ugly as fuck.

I hope you found this post informative my friend.

Two different art styles.

#810 Edited by lostrib (32970 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Word in town is that the 360 version got delayed because there was barely any difference between the 2 console versions.

Evidence please

#811 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3938 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

im pretty sure the weaker cows have committed suicide. Haz hasn't shown up for a bit or at all in this thread. Juarbles and MisterX are trying to hold the fort but its being overrun

lol and grenade launcher? He shown up yet?

#812 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Keep up the good fight.

#813 Edited by _Matt_ (8834 posts) -

Putting it mildly, yes.

#814 Posted by MBirdy88 (7361 posts) -

People with "Next Generation" (Prestige) already XD

#815 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Putting it mildly, yes.

they are falling off cliffs like lemmings do

#816 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6027 posts) -

Congratulations in all the butthurt you have delivered Respawn!!!!!

FlopFamous: Second Flop stands no chance now with a estimated 7/10.

#817 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Apparently TF on Xbone is not a smooth experience according to GB and Kotaku.

From Gerstmann as well.

"The frame rate in Titanfall is uneven on the Xbox One and though it's usually fine, it can get downright nasty in specific situations. In one Last Titan Standing match--where every player spawns in a robot suit--several players crammed their mechs into a tight area and began duking it out, and the frame rate dived down to what must have been single digits per second. Even out in wider areas, the game feels a little hitchy from time to time, and there's noticeable tearing throughout. The visuals in Titanfall look nice, but that's mostly due to some solid art and interesting design, not the performance. As of this writing, I haven't seen enough of the PC version to know how well it runs."

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/this-is-not-a-titanfall-review-yet/1900-630/

Damn dude, single digits? What the shit?

Thank God for PC version

totally.

I thought frame rate was king lemmings? How the hell are you going to remain competitive when you guys are struggling at -10 fps, lol.

The games reviewing great, but the game has some issues. Still not stopping a great score after great score. Cows, I know its a sad day and the damage control has been epic, but really, isn't it time to start hyping Infamous. Great graphics and 1080p don't trump a great playing game, hence Titanfall taking a wet shit on Killflop :) You're welcome for that public service announcement.

#818 Posted by kuu2 (6878 posts) -

I still don't understand why Cows are butt hurt. Just buy it on your uber awesome PC Cows.

#819 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3938 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Putting it mildly, yes.

I actually didn't think they'd try this hard lol.

#820 Posted by Zidaneski (8442 posts) -

That's great that TitanFall looks to be shaping up well, Mech combat is what I'm interested in but I'll wait till I hear what people playing experience well after release since I hate for great games to be destroyed by later patches that cater to the whiners. Really annoying when devs look at their "data" and mess stuff up that wasn't even a problem.

#821 Posted by foxhound_fox (87329 posts) -

I have a feeling that there will be a sharp turn around in the Xbone vs. PS4 sales war. Especially if inFAMOUS: SS ends up under 90 on Metacritic.

#822 Edited by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

funny how I didn't notice any hard dips in last titan standing

#823 Posted by TigerSuperman (1939 posts) -

@draign said:

I gotta say, I have seen people who I have not seen around for awhile because of the butthurt in this thread.

#824 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Remember when these threads got 2k-3k comments in a couple of hours after reviews?..Yeah... I miss old SW... despite some laughs, things are too slow and tamed compared to the crazyness we used to get.. ah well...

#825 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3676 posts) -

Trends setting standards?... In a perfect world standards set the trends.

Big named company add's mech's to a game and a little Parkour and its a 9.0?

Shadowrun:

Boils down to a buying system... Basically Counter Strike, you start with money and the better you play the more money you get the next round BUT Shadowrun introduced the following:

You chose a race... A class to play as and each would have pro's and con's:

• Troll
  • Elf
  • Dwarf
  • Human

Not only did it offer you standard weapons to buy but it also offered abilities you could buy split in two categories... Tech and Magic:

Tech:

• Glider
  • Enhanced Vision
  • Smartlink
  • AntiMagic Generator
  • Wired Reflexes
  • Grenade

Magic:

• Tree of Life
  • Resurrect
  • Strangle
  • Gust
  • Smoke
  • Teleport
  • Summon

The level of gameplay available in this game is to this day for a FPS game is unmatched and it came with 9 varied maps with superb level design and 3 game mods 8 years ago and scored a 6.9?

Standards should set the trends for the industry not the other way around.

If Shadowrun was released now with better visuals and a big company hyping it what do you think the score would be?

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

I played the Beta for Titanfall and as a FPS gamer for almost two decades now its hype confuses me.

#826 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

I have a feeling that there will be a sharp turn around in the Xbone vs. PS4 sales war. Especially if inFAMOUS: SS ends up under 90 on Metacritic.

I don't see that happening. There will be a nice two month bump for the X1 but im not blind. PS4 is selling even though it don't have games

#827 Posted by Kuromino (1260 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

Remember when these threads got 2k-3k comments in a couple of hours after reviews?..Yeah... I miss old SW... despite some laughs, things are too slow and tamed compared to the crazyness we used to get.. ah well...

One hype thread came to mind when reading this. Approximately 20,000 posts in the end.

#828 Posted by foxhound_fox (87329 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I don't see that happening. There will be a nice two month bump for the X1 but im not blind. PS4 is selling even though it don't have games

I do see it happening. If this is the best big "thing" for online competitive multiplayer, and it isn't available on the PS4. Hell, if Microsoft sells it right, we could see a repeat of the 360 being the online platform of choice despite the costs because everyone's friend(s) have them.

PS4 is selling on hype. It's not getting a "huge" game until September (Destiny).

#829 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29059 posts) -

Don't really understand why everyone's so into this game, played some of the beta and it was nothing special. Maybe just not my cup of tea.

#830 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Kuromino said:
@Desmonic said:

One hype thread came to mind when reading this. Approximately 20,000 posts in the end.

That was a beast of a hype thread. It was active some months before the release/review and kept being active for quite a few months afterwards. The more "normal" hype threads though, amassed 2k-3k-4k posts with some ease back then. Nowadays it's a struggle to just break the 1k barrier :S

#831 Posted by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

Everytime I see your sig I want to go watch the "Jaynestown" episode for some reason, even though I don't think that still of Mal is from that episode.

#832 Posted by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Was thinking that myself...MGS4? Halo3? Twilight Princess? 3K easy.

#833 Edited by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

Who is really going to buy an Xbox One for this?? I think it was a mistake to make the game Multiplatform. It's a great game, but I feel it's going to backfire for Microsoft.

#834 Posted by lazerface216 (7449 posts) -

nah. it'll give it a sales bump for sure but the fact that this game is available on two other platforms with much, much higher user bases, i don't see this sales war taking any kind of a "sharp" turn.

also, what does infamous' meta score have to do with anything? hell, titanfall is already in the 80's. it means shit.

#835 Edited by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

Who is really going to buy an Xbox One for this?? I think it was a mistake to make the game Multiplatform. It's a great game, but I feel it's going to backfire for Microsoft.

I am. My PC won't run i all that well, and screw buying it on the 360.

#836 Posted by Morphic (4328 posts) -

I could care less if Jesus came back carrying this game saying it was thebest game in human history, i thought it was dull and could care less.

#837 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@dream431ca said:

How about you wait until the 360 version comes out? There won't be a noticeable difference. Why do you think it was delayed by 2 weeks?

#838 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

@Morphic said:

I could care less if Jesus came back carrying this game saying it was thebest game in human history, i thought it was dull and could care less.

So you care at least a little for the game.

#839 Edited by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

How about you wait until the 360 version comes out? There won't be a noticeable difference. Why do you think it was delayed by 2 weeks?

I'm not wont to listen to your speculation.

#840 Posted by lostrib (32970 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@dream431ca said:

Proof?

#841 Posted by lostrib (32970 posts) -

@Morphic said:

So you care at least a little for the game.

Lol, fail

#842 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (855 posts) -

how is this game selling so far on pc? Will the PC competitive community adopt this game? or will they throw it out like an unwanted child?

#843 Posted by Youoweme (14 posts) -

LOL, so after all the insane hype this game has been getting, it only has an 87 on Metacritic thus far. Wow!
And this multiplat was supposed to save the Xbox One from ceasing to exist in the near future?
The score is good, I will admit that, but it's not spectacular at all. So in that sense, this game has failed miserably to live up to the hype.

And the sad part is, this was Microsoft's only hope, from here on out Sony will take a huge dump on the entire Xbox division.

#844 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

how is this game selling so far on pc? Will the PC competitive community adopt this game? or will they throw it out like an unwanted child?

X1 is 3:1 to PC and 360 combined

#845 Posted by mems_1224 (46173 posts) -

No idea but Im gonna own the PC "master race" with a 360 controller like a boss.

#846 Posted by granddogg (408 posts) -

the meltdown is to funny....

#847 Posted by jeffmonster (511 posts) -

@youoweme said:

LOL, so after all the insane hype this game has been getting, it only has an 87 on Metacritic thus far. Wow!

And this multiplat was supposed to save the Xbox One from ceasing to exist in the near future?

The score is good, I will admit that, but it's not spectacular at all. So in that sense, this game has failed miserably to live up to the hype.

And the sad part is, this was Microsoft's only hope, from here on out Sony will take a huge dump on the entire Xbox division.

I want this young man put on suicide watch. He's all kinds of crazy.

#848 Edited by musicalmac (22811 posts) -

3 Hours, 19 minutes, and 4 seconds from now, I'll be playing Titanfall on my big, beautiful computer. If anyone wants to join me, I'll be accepting most Origin friend invites tonight.

#849 Posted by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@dream431ca said:

Do you think there is a noticeable difference between Assassins Creed IV or Tomb Raider?

#850 Posted by lostrib (32970 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

X1 is 3:1 to PC and 360 combined

And you know this how?