Titanfall removing content, while adding in paid content

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@k2theswiss said:

pretty sure A lot of MP games update playlist quite a bit...

and yes game modes do die! It can become pretty hard find games on not so populated game modes in any game

In the old days (when gaming was good) pc gamers such as myself played titles like Quake 3. In it, people created servers.

Within those servers you could do cool things like use mods and cast votes for server rotation, gamemode and rule sets.

Then consoles appeared.

you can do that sort of shit in titanfall now...and have been able to with halo for years.

why don't you go make another quality thread about which is better....something like... panda's vs polarbears

Now, why did you incorrectly use the apostrophe in "panda's" (should just be pandas), but you didn't put an incorrect apostrophe in "polarbears"?

Also, unintelligentcup, stop being stupid.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#102 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

They created a blog and said nobody played those modes and it was hard to match into them. So they just moved it to variety pack.

It's not removing modes, it's shuffling them into a group of modes that you have to endure to get what you want to play.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Pretty weak.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@pyratrum said:

What do you mean you don't know? Low player count. How much more self explanatory can that get?

I feel like you're making an issue where there really isn't one.

I'm making an issue when a dev removes content people already paid for, yes.

Removing game modes when there are already so few is not done in my opinion. Some devs try to make sure everyone has a great time playing a game. Other devs, like Respawn, remove a game mode even though a minority still liked it.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 nutcrackr

Respawn have been pretty good so far, I personally don't throw them out with the bathwater for making one mistake.

Ironically they kinda "fixed" CTF just a day before they removed the playlist, not even giving it a chance to recover.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

What I struggle to understand is why anyone gave Respawn their hard earned money in the first place. Sure Titanfall may be a bit different to CoD but there are plenty of options for better games on PC, many of them being F2P and it was guaranteed that Respawn would bring their, honed to near perfection, money grabbing techniques with them.

3 map dlc, disabling 2 game modes and making it easier to shop from the game. Why do people give them money, especially PC gamers? why? WHY?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sts106mat said:

That's weird, i dont understand why they'd do that. must be that PC players really dont play those modes and people are sat waiting for matchmaking for too long. I dont have this issue on Xone though.

I bought the DLC, so far i have only paid swampland map which seems like it'll be a fun addition.

All other modes / additions will be free, they have said this several times already.

EDIT - They will still be playable under the "variety playlist" which is a mix of all modes......this just became a none story.

It doesn't matter if they don't play the modes or not,how in hell can respawn cut content from something i already pay for WTF....

My god this gen sucks..

@freedomfreak said:

@sts106mat said:

They can still play those modes in private matches or variety pack.

Respawn say that they cut it because PC players dont use the modes enough. there is no other reason to cut it... If its not used enough, removing it will stop people going in to those lobbies and being unable to find a match.

I personally stick to the attrition and variety.

They have promised additional modes are incoming (for free)

I'm not even counting variety pack, because that is not the same. And private matches only? C'mon..

It's just lame to cut content for it, even if it doesn't attract a lot of players. Refer to my COD comment. They don't pull this stuff.

Respawn is getting rid of content people paid for.

This...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sts106mat said:

That's weird, i dont understand why they'd do that. must be that PC players really dont play those modes and people are sat waiting for matchmaking for too long. I dont have this issue on Xone though.

I bought the DLC, so far i have only paid swampland map which seems like it'll be a fun addition.

All other modes / additions will be free, they have said this several times already.

EDIT - They will still be playable under the "variety playlist" which is a mix of all modes......this just became a none story.

It doesn't matter if they don't play the modes or not,how in hell can respawn cut content from something i already pay for WTF....

My god this gen sucks..

@freedomfreak said:

@sts106mat said:

They can still play those modes in private matches or variety pack.

Respawn say that they cut it because PC players dont use the modes enough. there is no other reason to cut it... If its not used enough, removing it will stop people going in to those lobbies and being unable to find a match.

I personally stick to the attrition and variety.

They have promised additional modes are incoming (for free)

I'm not even counting variety pack, because that is not the same. And private matches only? C'mon..

It's just lame to cut content for it, even if it doesn't attract a lot of players. Refer to my COD comment. They don't pull this stuff.

Respawn is getting rid of content people paid for.

This...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 R4gn4r0k

@nutcrackr said:

Respawn have been pretty good so far, I personally don't throw them out with the bathwater for making one mistake.

Ironically they kinda "fixed" CTF just a day before they removed the playlist, not even giving it a chance to recover.

How did they fix it ?

I haven't played the game for a while and wanted to jump in (and play CTF) with the latest patch.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

That seems kinda dumb. There may be some solid reasoning for it, but it's hard to tell with so little information. I could understand if the matchmaking was taking too long (which it isn't the quickest on the X1).

Still, they're playable under Variety mode, which has you playing a round of each game mode.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#111  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

They are taking 2 playlists that don't get action, and moving them into another playlist with a few of the other modes that don't get enough action+private matches.

Not exactly crazy decision making. You adjust to your games population overtime. It's not cutting content necessarily, it's organizing a more efficient group of playlists.

The big thing you get from this is that they seem to need to dial back on the playlist count within the first 3 months of that game. Which depending on how you look at it is also par for the course or kind of a big deal.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#112  Edited By WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I wish I didn't buy the game.

It was fun for a few days but it became repetitive so ridiculously fast.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Never bought the hype. Seens that the game is a disappointment.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

LOL only 3 multiplayer modes running on an ancient source engine in 792p with unstable framerate. Believe the hype indeed.

wrong clown

he is right actually. shouldnt you be playing titanfail?

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#115  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

They just cut 2 game modes from public playlists at the same time they release a paid DLC with only 3 maps. As if the mount of content in this game wasn't already low enough, regardless it sounds about par for the course for EA. Judging by the fact that it has been $35-40 on Amazon since since April 1st, they are cutting game modes due to low player counts, and won't release sales numbers (just look at the article on Forbes last week where both EA and Respawn flat out refused to talk about sales numbers) I am betting this game VASTLY underperformed in sales and EA is panicking trying to salvage it.

I would love to see some data on player retention, because I would wager a fair amount that it is really really disappointing. But since EA is actively keeping a lid on sales data I don't see that happening any time soon. Anecdotally nearly everyone I've talked to and a good portion of online comments indicate that most people have stopped playing within the first month due to lack of content and other various reasons. It is not hard to figure out why; the game is mediocre at best and the definition of a generic shooter. Any other MP only shooter with this amount of content would have released at a $20-30 price point and would have done ok. But EA thinks they can polish this turd and sell it at full retail and then start selling map pack with only 3 maps and nothing else while they are at the same time trimming game modes.

Yeah, I'm glad I passed on this one, saw it coming a mile away. I called it months ago that this game would be dead within 6 months of release, it looks like it is well on it's way.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I never had any intention of owning this game, so this has no effect on me. Sucks for those that are interesting in this boring looking game.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 nutcrackr

@R4gn4r0k said:

How did they fix it ?

I haven't played the game for a while and wanted to jump in (and play CTF) with the latest patch.

They made it so Titans could not carry the flag. Some people thought it broke the game (e.g. get a Stryder and charge your way back to base).

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Would it be fair to say this game is a flop? I heard it was really fun at first but gets tiring and lacks the long term replay ability.

Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119  Edited By Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

2 words Respawn: Server Browser.

Problem Solved.

It's the reason why so many FPS's older than you(on top of a few other reasons) are still enjoyed. Keep your garbage matchmaking system away from the PC.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

Maybe that's why it's on sale this weekend for $35 on Origin. We have Titanfall plus a season pass on my son's XB1, but I may pick it up for my PC at $35...

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

This is so stupid.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

how Microsoft of them

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

I haven't been able to play a single dang game since I bought this piece of crap on PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@nutcrackr said:

They made it so Titans could not carry the flag. Some people thought it broke the game (e.g. get a Stryder and charge your way back to base).

That sounds like a great change. Having your Titan follow you when you are carrying the flag is way better than being able to take the fast train (stryder) to your base.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

No surprise. Went out today and saw so many copies of Titanfall on the used racks, even for the 360. Dat replayability.

This game is dead.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Mozuckint said:

Problem Solved.

It's the reason why so many FPS's older than you(on top of a few other reasons) are still enjoyed. Keep your garbage matchmaking system away from the PC.

Yes, but that means Titanfall won't be allowed to fall into planned obsolescence when they release Titanfall 2.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Mozuckint said:

Problem Solved.

Yes, but that means Titanfall won't be allowed to fall into planned obsolescence when they release Titanfall 2.

Cynical.... But probable, IMO.