Titanfall PC/Xboxone BETA (not alpha) Details coming soon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Head of the studios tweeted: #supersecret announcement time. I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and XboxOne Beta! Details in the coming days

We all knew a beta was coming to Xboxone but this confirms a PC beta. I am excited!

Link for those who want a source

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Can't wait for more excuses. "this time around we're using 31,02% of textures resolution and 17% of AI cloud power"

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Daious

@silversix_ said:

Can't wait for more excuses. "this time around we're using 31,02% of textures resolution and 17% of AI cloud power"

I don't think this game was ever about the looks. If it was then it wouldn't have been designed on the source engine.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_

@daious said:

@silversix_ said:

I don't think this game was ever about the looks

you're right because this is supposed to be a title released on 360 years ago. MS bought the exclusivity and shoved it on x1 just to have a game on the system. lets say Titanfall wasn't coming this march because it was already released on 360 years ago, what does MS have until Fall 2014? Absolutely zero titles for a year and the main reason why the game is coming to X1, people call this an X1 exclusive (lol i know...) and is a flagship title for Xbone...

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

anything on a 360 beta?

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@MassiveKaos: so far it's just a PC/ Xbox One beta.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

So far all videos were just xbox 360 version.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

according to who?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib

Hopefully it's an open beta, I'm not preordering

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

according to who?

You did not play beta? Beta just was on Xbox 360 version, now it´s coming on PC and Xbox One(again, both are for testing dedicated servers).

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

according to who?

You did not play beta? Beta just was on Xbox 360 version, now it´s coming on PC and Xbox One(again, both are for testing dedicated servers).

there hasn't been a beta yet...

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Daious

@FreedomFreeLife said:

this is extremely wrong. The leaked Alpha footage was xboxone footage. The only alpha was on the xboxone and the first leaked alpha video stated it was the Xboxone. Stop spreading false information.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Daious
@lostrib said:

Hopefully it's an open beta, I'm not preordering

I preordered it but I did my preorder through greenmangaming so I am not sure if I would get any of the bonuses like access to the BETA

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@lostrib: man, you crack me up sometimes foundrib. straight to the point and always accurate.

anyway, on topic - because of the origin good game guarantee i'd be totally fine with pre ordering in order to participate in the beta.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@daious said:

@silversix_ said:

you're right because this is supposed to be a title released on 360 years ago. MS bought the exclusivity and shoved it on x1 just to have a game on the system. lets say Titanfall wasn't coming this march because it was already released on 360 years ago, what does MS have until Fall 2014? Absolutely zero titles for a year and the main reason why the game is coming to X1, people call this an X1 exclusive (lol i know...) and is a flagship title for Xbone...

years ago? Respawn open it's doors in 2010 then most likely took other 5 months to get staffed and shit moving. Also we all new ip's can take easily 2-3+ years to get rolling so please tell me when they pushed it back?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 silversix_

@k2theswiss said:

@silversix_ said:

@daious said:

@silversix_ said:

years ago? Respawn open it's doors in 2010 then most likely took other 5 months to get staffed and shit moving. Also we all new ip's can take easily 2-3+ years to get rolling so please tell me when they pushed it back?

you have to remember that they were with activision and its after MW2 i'd say titanfall was supposed to come out. they split and everything went to shit (but some work was already done and the reason why the game looks THAT outdated).

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This will be a good opportunity for those not accepted into the alpha. The beta will be open for all to power through.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

More leaked videos coming soon cant wait to watch them.. since i dont have Xbox One (waiting for the price drop)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lostrib

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

More leaked videos coming soon cant wait to watch them.. since i dont have Xbox One (waiting for the price drop)

Well they probably wont be "leaked" since if it's an open beta or even beta with preorder, there wont be an NDA like with the alpha

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 k2theswiss

@silversix_ said:

@k2theswiss said:

@silversix_ said:

@daious said:

@silversix_ said:

you have to remember that they were with activision and its after MW2 i'd say titanfall was supposed to come out. they split and everything went to shit (but some work was already done and the reason why the game looks THAT outdated).

WHAT? They left in 09, mw2 came out in 09, respawn open in 2010 So when did they make titanfall?

activision had shit to do with titanfall

Really don't see where you're going with this...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_

@k2theswiss: well im pretty sure the work for this started (or at least the ideas with mechs n such) before the release of MW2 and if they didn't quit, the game would've been released in 2010 or 2011. Wasn't it confirmed that they were aiming this being a 360 title? I swear i read it somewhere

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 k2theswiss

@silversix_ said:

@k2theswiss: well im pretty sure the work for this started (or at least the ideas with mechs n such) before the release of MW2 and if they didn't quit, the game would've been released in 2010 or 2011. Wasn't it confirmed that they were aiming this being a 360 title? I swear i read it somewhere

Sure the ideas may have been floating around in those 2 guys heads but thats about it...

I don't recall reading a single thing from respawn about 2010-2011 release as that would of been near impossible with them opening in 2010. I remember them posting a blurred teased picture in 2011

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Daious

Just to let everyone know Greenmangaming is sending out coupons bringing out titanfall's price to 45 dollars.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@silversix_ said:

West and Zampella were solely commited to COD until they were fired.

From wiki

Pre-production began in 2011, and the game was originally planned for existing consoles.[9] The idea for the game did not come easily, and the team arrived at its multiplayer-only and human-mech focus after much internal debate.[9] Respawn artist Joel Emslie recalled starting with a human-sized suit as a "second skin", which the designers grew in size.

Rather than addressing technical constraints with code optimization and a tight release near the end of those consoles' life cycle, the team decided to focus on the next console generation with more time to try new ideas.