titanfall is ruined, thank you bots

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

To those who dont know this game will feature dozens of bots in addition to 6v6 real players. Someone please fuc!in explain to me why bots are in a competitive multiplayer game? 6v6 doesnt bother me but bots god damn it, even the titans can be ai controlled. This has completly killed the hype for me, this game is for casuals. No wonder all those journalist have been praising thia game, they been killing bots the whole time thinking they are pro.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Ai are people too!!!! You are so racist !#!

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

I love bots. I wish to god that battlefield didn't ditch bot matches for crappy single player campaigns. I would like to be able to play with more people though.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

So Dota 2 was ruined? Left 4 Dead 2 was ruined? Portal 2 was ruined? Counter-Strike: GO was ruined? Borderlands 2 was ruined? Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was ruined? Gears of War was ruined? Uncharted 3 was ruined? Payday 2 was ruined? Oh wait... those are great games and less than 12 players.

Respawn Entertainment: we tried a huge amount of playercounts (all the way down to 1v1 and up quite high) and designed the maps, gameplay mechanics, and entire experience around which played best.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Oh awesome. I love bots. It'd be nice if it was optional though, and maybe just to fill in missing players too.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

So Dota 2 was ruined? Left 4 Dead 2 was ruined? Portal 2 was ruined? Counter-Strike: GO was ruined? Borderlands 2 was ruined? Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was ruined? Gears of War was ruined? Uncharted 3 was ruined? Payday 2 was ruined? Oh wait... those are great games and less than 12 players.

Respawn Entertainment: we tried a huge amount of playercounts (all the way down to 1v1 and up quite high) and designed the maps, gameplay mechanics, and entire experience around which played best.

This thread has nothing to do with player count smh

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FreedomFreeLife

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

U fuc÷kin moron read before posting, I said 6v6 doesnt bother me gears 3 and halo 3 are some of my fav games. Im talking about bots haha lems so insecure, itsgoing to be hilarious seeing 0 titanfall 2 hype threads after ps4 version is announced

Yet those games has BOT system like Dota, Left 4 Dead, CS:GO, and none of those are ruined.

Bot makes it awesome.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Old news is old.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

U fuc÷kin moron read before posting, I said 6v6 doesnt bother me gears 3 and halo 3 are some of my fav games. Im talking about bots haha lems so insecure, itsgoing to be hilarious seeing 0 titanfall 2 hype threads after ps4 version is announced

Yet those games has BOT system like Dota, Left 4 Dead, CS:GO, and none of those are ruined.

Bot makes it awesome.

I refuse to play those games with bots, because it DOES ruin them. Thankfully it's optional, and you never have to see a bot if you play on decent servers. If a typical session involved playing with bots, I wouldn't play Counterstrike. **** that.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

can't speak for all of those, but gears of war definitely suffered because of playing bots. NOTHING was worse than waiting 5 minutes because the last one left on the team was a bot hiding against a wall and the other team either also had a bot or a player too stupid to look for and successfully kill the bot. bots that had perfect laser accuracy with power weapons was also a thing.

In short, they brought too much randomness to the game. That doesn't make for a good competitive environment.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FreedomFreeLife

@the_bi99man said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Bot makes it awesome.

I refuse to play those games with bots, because it DOES ruin them. Thankfully it's optional, and you never have to see a bot if you play on decent servers. If a typical session involved playing with bots, I wouldn't play Counterstrike. **** that.

So you never played any of those games i listed? Even Battlefield games has bot system. Worms? Never played any RTS game? wow... this means you never played any games of your LIFE!!!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

bot would add more strategy to the game because then you would need to defend them or something?

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ghostwarrior786

@Gue1 said:

bot would add more strategy to the game because then you would need to defend them or something?

no, they are just cannon fodder. they couldnt fit real players in because they could call on titans so they had to fill the empty spaces with bots.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

we haven't seen how it works with the gameplay yet, it could be the bots are designed to work with each individual player rather than less signifcant additions of the individual team roster, maybe there's a way to issue orders like to protect or hold a ground or take point, who knows we really don't know much about their role

anyhow, Left 4 Dead uses countless bots on the 4 vs 4 setup and they're part of the experience and it works rather well, it's up to the player to utilize their own individual roles to make use of the NPCs, like the fat one can burst or spew and make NPCs rush the players, or the one with the tongue can hold people back and allow other NPCs to pounce on them while they can't move, and so on

as far as whether this will work with Titanfall will remain to be scene, hopefully it's not there just to replace missing players on an unbalanced team

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Sweet, bots are always appreciated :)

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostwarrior786

@_Matt_ said:

u disgust me

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

To those who dont know this game will feature dozens of bots in addition to 6v6 real players. Someone please fuc!in explain to me why bots are in a competitive multiplayer game? 6v6 doesnt bother me but bots god damn it, even the titans can be ai controlled. This has completly killed the hype for me, this game is for casuals. No wonder all those journalist have been praising thia game, they been killing bots the whole time thinking they are pro.

Massively fucking stupid overreaction to an insignificant detail. Shocker.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Bot makes it awesome.

Titanfall isnt that type of game, its supposed to be arena style and no arena game is made better with bots haha u are so fu%kin clueless

You mean arena games like Quake and Unreal,both classics and for many the best arena shooter franchises ever,and yet...they have bots.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@MrYaotubo said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Bot makes it awesome.

Titanfall isnt that type of game, its supposed to be arena style and no arena game is made better with bots haha u are so fu%kin clueless

You mean arena games like Quake and Unreal,both classics and for many the best arena shooter franchises ever,and yet...they have bots.

eermm the bots in those games fill in spaces of real players, if the servers are full there are no bots. titanfall features bots in addition to 12 humans. massive difference

@dommeus said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Massively fucking stupid overreaction to an insignificant detail. Shocker.

'insignificant' haha yeah i wonder why there are no bots in addition to humans halo/gears/cod/battlefied, oh wait, because its fuc$kin game breaking. it destroys all competitive aspect

Gifye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gifye
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

As someone who played a lot of gears I have to interject and say that bots did ruin it. Certainly in TDM. They basically leached your lives faster whilst simultaniously picking up power weapons, giving them to the enemy, and generally making it even harder to clutch.

It all depends on how they're implemented, if it's more like Dota or that kind of idea, where the bots are your minions and you're the leader of the squad/hero, then it should be fine.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows so bent and jealous over TitanFall. Nothing new, just accept the fact that this game will never grace the PS4.

Bye.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#24 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Don't play it. I will.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58936 Posts

It seems they are ripping off "creeps" in dota. Only without any skill, the AI will do the work for the console player.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

but what type of bots? Titans can be controlled by AI and this was already known. OP a butthurt cow looking to bash TitanFall coz it ain't gracing PS4 lol

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#27 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

It seems they are just adding them as cannon fodder. They are not the same "class" so you can bet they won't be more powerful than players. So they will serve as free kills for people who are not very good.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I bet they use aim-bot as well.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

lol BOTS? Not optional? lol.... This game is even more run of the mill than I thought... this will come and go just like the pile of played out games in the genre it is in. No competitive player takes bots seriously. Although not completely game breaking, to have them to fill in matches, the ability to NOT have them is VERY important. If they are ALWAYS there that is a joke.... that would explain the 6v6 that didn't make any sense. 7/10 get hyped.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@_Matt_ said:

u disgust me

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Well i think now we know the catch to titanfall only 6v6 matches but the other people are bots hmmmm, it all comes down to how good the bots are otherwise, it's a little dissapointing. esp when you consider alot of fps players were hoping for 64 player games and was so happy when consoles finally got it, i guess will have to just wait and see.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Normally bots are used to replace human players when there aren't enough or you want to play it single player.

So if they need bots clearly 6v6 isn't enough.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

pre ordered canceled.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The game is designed to be a merging of single player and multiplayer. You have to have bots if no people are available to:

• Play off line
  • Keep the experience consistent.

I don't see a problem here.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ghostwarrior786

@Harisemo: @cainetao11: @FoxbatAlpha: hahaha lems still failing to grasp the basic concept of exclusivity. let me spell it out for u, TITANFALL IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO SHITBOX, I DONT HAVE TO BUY SHITBOX TO PLAY THE GAME. do u now understand?

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The game is designed to be a merging of single player and multiplayer. You have to have bots if no people are available to:

• Play off line

except its online only, there is no offline. u dont see the problem with having bots in competitive multiplayer? lol delusional lem is delusional

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StormyJoe

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Harisemo: @cainetao11: @FoxbatAlpha: hahaha lems still failing to grasp the basic concept of exclusivity. let me spell it out for u, TITANFALL IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO SHITBOX, I DONT HAVE TO BUY SHITBOX TO PLAY THE GAME. do u now understand?

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

• Play off line

except its online only, there is no offline. u dont see the problem with having bots in competitive multiplayer? lol delusional lem is delusional

I'd rather have bots fill the gaps if I am playing at 3 AM than not have the full experience.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@StormyJoe:

If they are like the bots in L4D, that team will suffer.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ghostwarrior786

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

• Play off line

I'd rather have bots fill the gaps if I am playing at 3 AM than not have the full experience.

i rather shoot myself than buy x1, i guess we are just different people

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

If 6 vs 6 is enough why are there bots? Doesn't make any sense.

Gifye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gifye
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

@kraken2109 said:

Normally bots are used to replace human players when there aren't enough or you want to play it single player.

So if they need bots clearly 6v6 isn't enough.

'normally'

Yeah, the last thing we need is games doing anything unique or unusual. I was looking forward to call of duty with robots.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Is there no option to turn off bots?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FoxbatAlpha

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

• Play off line

Cows still failing to grasp the fact that I never say it is exclusive. It just aint on the PS4/10.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

You will have 6v6, with each player capable of commanding or piloting their Titan - the enemy bots add to the multiplayer-singleplayer hybrid they are doing. There is a story here and the additional bots will aid in telling it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

• Play off line

Thank you for suggesting that. Great idea, let me know how it turns out.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ghostwarrior786

@FoxbatAlpha: wow u still crying about titanfall not being exclusive? hahaha cant wait for the damage control once the series makes it way to ps4. and yes its inevitable

@shawn30 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

You will have 6v6, with each player capable of commanding or piloting their Titan - the enemy bots add to the multiplayer-singleplayer hybrid they are doing. There is a story here and the additional bots will aid in telling it.

i hope thats the case but they i dont think it is. im pretty sure they are talking about competitive multiplayer

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 StormyJoe

##

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe:

If they are like the bots in L4D, that team will suffer.

Could be. But, I don't think the journalists who played TF at E3 were playing against other people, and they apparently had a lot of fun.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By StormyJoe

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

• Play off line

Well, that just emphasized your dumbass "fanboy" mindset, doesn't it?

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: You are so butthurt

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Bot makes it awesome.

Sorry, but bots are optional in L4D and CS:GO