Titanfall has connectivity issues maxing out settings @1080P

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

For those who are unaware..if you want to play Titanfall maxed out other than the default settings detected you will get connectivity issues. I spent 1 -1 1/2 hours trying to fix it. I had to set the all the settings to default settings (mix of medium and high) and the only thing I changed is the resolution to 1080P. Apparently this was supposed to be fixed but it's not. This is with the version v. 1.0.3.7.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Lost-Connection-To-Server-Connection-To-Server-Timed-Out/td-p/2486540/page/3

I can see why people is pi$$ed off at EA. Similar crap happened when EA when they released Civ 5 when people weren't able to connect to the servers, it wasn't graphics related though as far as I know. Seriously, EA this is a JOKE. It's been 3 month's and you guys still haven't fixed it. I should be able to run this maxed out with all the settings enabled at 1080P on my HD 6970. Never seen such a thing like this before. This is a first. All other games would allow to connect and would only lag "in game" if your PC couldn't handle it.

Just wanted to pass this on to those who are graphics w***** are like me and want to play everything maxed out and to all those who want to save time and who don't want to waste $60 if they can't play it maxed out.

Other than that the game is pretty good. Better than Crap of Duty with the same crap pushed out year after year. I would give it a solid 8.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Xtasy26 said:

For those who are unaware..if you want to play Titanfall maxed out other than the default settings detected you will get connectivity issues. I spent 1 -1 1/2 hours trying to fix it. I had to set the all the settings to default settings (mix of medium and high) and the only thing I changed is the resolution to 1080P. Apparently this was supposed to be fixed but it's not. This is with the version v. 1.0.3.7.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Lost-Connection-To-Server-Connection-To-Server-Timed-Out/td-p/2486540/page/3

I can see why people is pi$$ed off at EA. Similar crap happened when EA when they released Civ 5 when people weren't able to connect to the servers, it wasn't graphics related though as far as I know. Seriously, EA this is a JOKE. It's been 3 month's and you guys still haven't fixed it. I should be able to run this maxed out with all the settings enabled at 1080P on my HD 6970. Never seen such a thing like this before. This is a first. All other games would allow to connect and would only lag "in game" if your PC couldn't handle it.

Just wanted to pass this on to those who are graphics w***** are like me and want to play everything maxed out and to all those who want to save time and who don't want to waste $60 if they can't play it maxed out.

Other than that the game is pretty good. Better than Crap of Duty with the same crap pushed out year after year. I would give it a solid 8.

I have this issue as well.

If I try high textures it will kick me from the match right after I load into it.

I have to use medium textures.

I think this has to do with loading times.

If it takes too long to load then it will kick you from the match.

My friend plays with very high textures and can get into the match just fine because he loads it up fast.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Xtasy26 said:

What in the ****?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Xtasy26 said:

What in the ****?

I think he meant The Sims.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

or maybe sim city?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

EA has nothing to do with Civ 5. Get your facts straight before making threads TC.

DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

The most frustrating part of these types of issues with EA is I've heard on a couple of occasion's EA employees openly and smugly ask some form of the question "how many customers bandwidth should we pay for?" One was a customer service rep chatting with a customer asking for a refund on Origin (can't remember if it was BF4 or Sim City) the other was an EA rep at a convention debating used games and online passes. I'll try to find sources for both but it makes me think that its the type of mindset that is widespread at the company now. You know a company is good when instead of focusing on providing a quality service they count pennies paid towards providing bandwidth per customer.

The other frustrating part of this charade is EA is the company that has openly bragged about being this ultra online gaming trailblazer and not having any single player games (before promptly backtracking on the statement) yet they've had multiple issues of unreliable servers for at least the last year or two.