Titanfall, believe the hype!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Cool but isn't this thread just slightly delayed?

Also, Titanfall has been 25 dollars on PC for the past 2 months so might as well just grab it there.

True. Only reason to get the console is the same for any console................do the games now and upcoming interest you? But I do agree TC, on enjoying Titanfall. Truthfully its the only thing I play on my X1 aside from Max, and Guacamelee. Not much else interests me.

Im a huge Titanfall fan, issues and all. Its just balls to the wall action from the moment you land, and that's what I wanted. Now having said that, its got issues (Hardpoint Domination is gimped, needs for more weapons and customizations) But the sheer speed, tactics involved to play really well, atmosphere of the settings as some of the maps are truly fantastic, and appeal to my sci-fi interests (as well as my friends). I honestly think its a great game that needs a single player mode of some kind. But its my fav next gen game so far, and I love Dead Rising 3 a ton.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Since the release of the game , i'm trying to figure out which side i'd be : " after two weeks you're gonna lose the interest" or " like battlefield series it lasts!" ....so i've decided to wait for "price drop" .

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Newsflash for OP, we have seen Titanfall.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Seems like a Cow trolling.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

this game isnt the reason to pick up the xb1.

i got it for a bday present and i thought it was great about 2 hours....but after the 2 hours, i knew i wasnt going to get hooked.

its a good game, but it doesnt do anything. kinda sad for a pure mp fps.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@freedomfreak said:

That hype thread was fun.

Still haven't picked it up, due to it being expensive.

Unreal tournament will be free and will better game. kinda sad how free game is better than full price game

Why be sad over something that has yet to be.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 cainetao11

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

Game is fucking awesome. Had about a months break from it, came back to it after the update, the new Titan voices, titan burn cards, Marked For Death game mode etc are all really welcome. Easily my favourite game of the year so far.

You liked Ryse your taste in games suck..lol

LOL

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

I bought TitanFall for the PC I was hooked for a few weeks then got bored there wasn't much after a while and thank god I had a discount on this game because 60$ for an MP game was way to expensive anyways it was a lot of fun and for people with crap PCs it was a good way to pick up an X1 though it didn't boost sales all that much I can see the franchise going far and doing well, as for destiny I played the alpha and expected to hate it and I actually enjoyed it quite a lot, there seems to be a lot of depth to the game and a lot of fun so I am looking forward to it, I might replay TitanFall in a bit but the game was just a big meh and reviewers sucked its dick hard overhyping it to shit, while fun didn't have enough game modes and variety to seperate it from the pack

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#62 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

It's a great game but it lack the variety and depth to give it staying power. Trust me, you probably wont be playing it much after two weeks. I normally play it for maybe a couple hours a week. It's a nice game to put in every now and then.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

I completely forgot about TF, what happened to it?

It's easy to forget when you don't own an XB1 or Titanfall. I've completely forgot about Killzone:SF as well and I actually own a PS4 and KZ:SF. lol!! Thankfully Infamous SS, Strider & TowerFall: Ascension gives me something to play on my PS4.

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

Game is fucking awesome. Had about a months break from it, came back to it after the update, the new Titan voices, titan burn cards, Marked For Death game mode etc are all really welcome. Easily my favourite game of the year so far.

You liked Ryse your taste in games suck..lol

One man's trash is another man's treasure. There are gamers who love Knack as well. lol!! Worry about your own taste in games El Tormo.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@silversix_ said:

Yes it might be fun for a day if you're into call of duty clones

Not that much of clone honestly. Surprisngly, the free running movement and Titans hads alot of variety to the gameplay. Obviously, there's still a "modern shooter vibe" from the game, and it's no Unreal Tournament, but for a AAA, big budget title, it's surprisngly unique.

The problem i had with TF was the maps feeling too much the same, not enough game modes, lack of customization, etc. Got my 30 euros worth easy. But i'm not playing anymore. Wish it had mod support.

Yeah, Titanfall feels a lot more like Unreal Tournament than Call of Duty. It's not the full package that UT 2004 was, but I like the fast pace, emphasis on jumping, and variety the mechs provide. With a better variety of mechs, guns, and game modes, this could end up being a really good franchise. It's just not that great yet.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I watched my buddy play this for like an hour. Bored the pissed out of me. He loved it, but couldn't understand why it bored me.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 shawn30

@jsmoke03 said:

this game isnt the reason to pick up the xb1.

i got it for a bday present and i thought it was great about 2 hours....but after the 2 hours, i knew i wasnt going to get hooked.

its a good game, but it doesnt do anything. kinda sad for a pure mp fps.

Different strokes for different folks :) Its cool

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cainetao11

@shawn30 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Also, Titanfall has been 25 dollars on PC for the past 2 months so might as well just grab it there.

True. Only reason to get the console is the same for any console................do the games now and upcoming interest you? But I do agree TC, on enjoying Titanfall. Truthfully its the only thing I play on my X1 aside from Max, and Guacamelee. Not much else interests me.

Im a huge Titanfall fan, issues and all. Its just balls to the wall action from the moment you land, and that's what I wanted. Now having said that, its got issues (Hardpoint Domination is gimped, needs for more weapons and customizations) But the sheer speed, tactics involved to play really well, atmosphere of the settings as some of the maps are truly fantastic, and appeal to my sci-fi interests (as well as my friends). I honestly think its a great game that needs a single player mode of some kind. But its my fav next gen game so far, and I love Dead Rising 3 a ton.

Yeah DR3 was the first game I bought with the console. Loved DR2 with a buddy in the army. I enjoyed 3 a lot but I'm done with it for now. I have MGS GZ as well. But if it wasn't for Steam I wouldn't be gaming much at all now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 cainetao11

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos: i liked Ryse mainly for the story, the co-op was fun and the game was challenging on the hardest setting. that doesn't mean my taste in games suck.

If even @Heil68 can admit that he had fun with Ryse, well it,........it just proves you are a total tit.

Heil Dude, you are never on when i am on. Plus, just last night i looked at the Ping for the US servers, its like 242+ or something. compared with the 32ms i get on the north or west European servers.

Dude forget that invalid. I was just teasing @Heil68 with the same thing tormentos said to you in the Knack thread, because Heil68 liked Knack. Who cares? We like what we like. That nitwit thinks he's winning the war.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#70  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

meh. Online shooters bore me to death.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I feel like I jumped into a thread from 4 months ago. What is Titanfall?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 shawn30

@cainetao11 said:

@shawn30 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Yeah DR3 was the first game I bought with the console. Loved DR2 with a buddy in the army. I enjoyed 3 a lot but I'm done with it for now. I have MGS GZ as well. But if it wasn't for Steam I wouldn't be gaming much at all now.

Yeah, its a damn slow summer. But my God the Fall looks like the most jam packed gaming ever. We're gonna go from a summer drought to a full on tsunami, lol. Back on TF, its a flawed but fantastic game I've logged almost 100 hours in. Can wait for the new map pack.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60679 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos: i liked Ryse mainly for the story, the co-op was fun and the game was challenging on the hardest setting. that doesn't mean my taste in games suck.

If even @Heil68 can admit that he had fun with Ryse, well it,........it just proves you are a total tit.

Heil Dude, you are never on when i am on. Plus, just last night i looked at the Ping for the US servers, its like 242+ or something. compared with the 32ms i get on the north or west European servers.

Ryse is fun. Still want to play some co-op with you or for that fact ANY game. :P

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@Vatusus said:

I prefer SP shooters but online can be sometime fun. but still i agree. most of time they bore me.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

titanfall? more like titanmeh. its a decent game but i remember the devs saying crap like 'this game is so exciting i have to take 10min breaks to slow my heart rate down' haha what bs. i cant even play it anymore since i updated to the latest nvdia drivers oh well

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

gaming on PC, especially shooters is not fun at all.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#78 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@melonfarmerz said:

I'll take that as "sarcasm" !

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@melonfarmerz said:

mad cuz bad

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Enjoy! It's a pretty damn fun game.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

I have over 500 hours in the game and still play it everyday. An advice to new players is to don't play against high-generation party team in Capture the Flag or Last Titan Standing. You will get ravaged so bad that you will hate the game. I usually play only those two game modes with my friends and we enjoy rolling on noobs on a daily basis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#82 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@Vatusus said:

I prefer SP shooters but online can be sometime fun. but still i agree. most of time they bore me.

I do prefer SP aswell. When there is no proper context to the mindless killing in shooters then it turns just that... mindless killing. Even if its a matter of competition with other real people if there is no story or characters to push me forward into the hords of things I've to shoot then I really see no point in online shooters other than "bragging" rights that will be forgotten the next day. If a SP is memorable it'll stay with you for years to come. And yes, I know Titanfall mixes its story with MP but from what I gathrered, it is rather forgettable

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

Congratulations you just threw away $450 for an overhyped COD wannabe.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 shawn30

@sibu_xgamer said:

Congratulations you just threw away $450 for an overhyped COD wannabe.

Its not a CoD clone except that its a FPS. Otherwise it plays very different IMHO. But I love the game, so oh well, lol.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

you've seen it but did you try it? We all checked its videos on Youtube/Twitch ofcourse

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Shewgenja

@fgjnfgh said:

@Shewgenja said:

you've seen it but did you try it? We all checked its videos on Youtube/Twitch ofcourse

Had it for PC. Got kinda bored with it.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Wii U and PS4 only owners are really missing out on this genre defining game. Hopefully the sequel will also be on those platforms.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

I wish I could join in a Pilot Hunter game but that mode is only available for private games or the random match mode which usually never picks pilot hunter.

I still don't understand why they don't allow players to choose non private matches of pilot hunter.

Attrition requires no skill because you just mow down npcs to win.

I just want them removed and to add pilots only.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Shewgenja

@RyviusARC said:

I wish I could join in a Pilot Hunter game but that mode is only available for private games or the random match mode which usually never picks pilot hunter.

I still don't understand why they don't allow players to choose non private matches of pilot hunter.

Attrition requires no skill because you just mow down npcs to win.

I just want them removed and to add pilots only.

Yeah, it seems like everyone wants to play attrition but to me it was an NPC bash fest sprinkled with meaningful action. The better game types aren't really focused on by the community.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I watched my buddy play this for like an hour. Bored the pissed out of me. He loved it, but couldn't understand why it bored me.

Kind of reminds me of Sony's E3 conference. Again it put me asleep, especially when they started talking about TV, Statistics, Powers TV show, PSVita TV, etc.. .Zzzzz.... Zzzzzz. Pass out after 15mins. Have yet to fall asleep playing or watching Titanfall.

http://www.cnet.com/news/marvels-powers-comic-to-be-sonys-first-ps4-tv-show/

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Ugalde- said:

I don't have a One but my friend does and I loved Titafall. Basically did two prestiges for him. I think it was a very exciting game. The only problem was either I was too good or the game was too easy because I always finished on the top of the list.

It was too easy, that was the problem. The bots running around make everyone feel like they are a god.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#92 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@fgjnfgh: Two weeks of fun for me and I put it down. You are still in the two week phase. Have fun. I don't know if you'll be like me or if you'll end up playing it all year. All I know is you just got it so it's too early to tell where you'll fall into.

I know some people will enjoy it a long time, but others in my group just had a few weeks of fun and moved on. The bots and the setup just didn't wow us as much as we thought. It's also not a great co op game we could enjoy together either. I hope the next TF is more fleshed out with more Titans, more mechs, more modes, more weapons, and they add a sweet SP story driven campaign.

Anyways, this thread seemed like it was bumped, but it turns out you just got into the game. BTW: I'm not into Destiny either, the Alpha didn't do much for me. So far, I'm not into the big shooters I've played this gen.

Wolfenstein might be fun at a bargain. I'm digging what I got to play of it so far. Unless you're completely over shooting dudes in the face (a sentiment I get), but it's fun.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

with the lack of content in the game, it will get old quick

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@melonfarmerz said:

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@fgjnfgh said:

Just grabbed X1 Titanfall bundle for $450 and this game blew my mind. I am not even sure if I want to buy Destiny anymore lol. Titanfall multiplayer is sick and it is becoming my favorite multiplayer game ever. Pretty sure I'll be playing it for along time and going to pass on Battlefield/CoD this year. Don't listen people complaining about offline bots crap, it's nothing and doesn't change or effect negatively on multiplayer at all. It's a different shooter kind of turned to strategy since your main focus is to kill real life players. Bots are minion that deal light damage and die fast (you can kill like 5 bots at the same time while you're trying to hunt for real life players), so that's why bots have no negative effects. Don't miss on the best multiplayer. This is not your old fashioned COD/Battlefield multiplayer. It's totally innovative. Grab the bundle it's a great offer.

IF you playing FPS games with controller pad .... you doing something wrong !! Let alone pay 450$ for this game

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#96  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

never played Titanfall since 1st week of may

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cainetao11

@shawn30 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@shawn30 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Yeah, its a damn slow summer. But my God the Fall looks like the most jam packed gaming ever. We're gonna go from a summer drought to a full on tsunami, lol. Back on TF, its a flawed but fantastic game I've logged almost 100 hours in. Can wait for the new map pack.

Havent gotten DLC yet. I have limited gaming time now so I get on like once a week. Usually weekends

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

When the game looks like this in 2014, have no content to unlock your average online pos shooters have these days, has no campaign its really hard to "believe the hype"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@silversix_ said:

When the game looks like this in 2014, have no content to unlock your average online pos shooters have these days, has no campaign its really hard to "believe the hype"

it has a campaign

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@lostrib said:

it has a campaign

but not a real SP. just MP with bots