TitanF most hyped game this gen could Infamous outsell it?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Just curios to what people think. These are the two biggest games for the current gen consoles so far and I remember people saying that Titanfall on xbone would bury PS4 and all it's exclusives. But looking at different reports and seeing how things are in my local area (gamespot) Titanfall might not be the system killer that xbox one fans hoped.

There are a lot of people excited about and buying a PS4 to play infamous second son. What do yo predict for the sales between these two games this month?

Will Titanfall for xbox one push xbox one sales to # 1 this month or will the unsuspected Infamous Second Son show powers that have never been seen before and prevent to domination that xbox fanboys were speculating about for months?

Discuss.

As of today..

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

I would hope so.. being the install base of the PS4 is larger then the X1's and there isn;t much else coming out or out on the PS4 worth playing at the moment.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

How much did Titanfall sell?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yeah,I remember how amazon is the only one selling games and bundles.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kinectthedots

@Bishop1310 said:

I would hope so.. being the install base of the PS4 is larger then the X1's and there isn;t much else coming out or out on the PS4 worth playing at the moment.

pre-damage control?

Lems said Titanfall would bury the PS4 and all it's games because everybody was supposed to want an xbox one to play Titanfall. lol, If people buy PS4's to play Infamous Second Son instead of Titanfall for xbox one then your counter seems pretty silly.

Also, there isn't much else to play on xbox one either, that is why everyone on the system is flocking to a multiplatform game in the first place..zing!!!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

How much did Titanfall sell?

The month isn't over so I do not know.

That is why I made this thead, it's a prediction thread. Hell Titanfall may indeed sell more than Infamous on PS4 but Infamous Second Son is doing a lot better than I think anyone expected and that extends even to the developers.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

There isn't much to get on any system. Titanfall is better on PC anyways. There will be good games for each system by the end of the year. It's how it usually is. The better games don't come out until Q3 and Q4 of the year.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Implement multiplayer to infamous boring and sleep inducing single-play then I might even go and buy Ps4 right now.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kinectthedots

@MonsieurX said:

Yeah,I remember how amazon is the only one selling games and bundles.

Well, that isn't my argument either.

It's just something to take note of considering everything we have been hearing about Titanfall and how it was supposed to dominate. I don't think anyone even expected Infamous to be in the running with Titanfall considering it's marking and hype, but people seem to want Infamous Second Son as much or more than xbox ones most hyped game

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Titanfall is also on PC and soon will be on the 360, too, and will therefore have a much, much wider audience than a PS4 exclusive. From that point of view, Titanfall will outsell Infamous by a long shot.

But if you only look want to look at X1 sales... tough. I still think that Titanfall has a wider appeal than Infamous, just because this kind of shooter enjoyed a lot of attention in the past years. Also, TF has been hyped into oblivion for the new Xbox, not sure if Infamous can hold up to that insane level of hype.

(That being said, I'll pick up Infamous as soon as it's out. Just a week to go!)

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kinectthedots

@Nightflash28 said:

Titanfall is also on PC and soon will be on the 360, too, and will therefore have a much, much wider audience than a PS4 exclusive. From that point of view, Titanfall will outsell Infamous by a long shot.

But if you only look want to look at X1 sales... tough. I still think that Titanfall has a wider appeal than Infamous, just because this kind of shooter enjoyed a lot of attention in the past years. Also, TF has been hyped into oblivion for the new Xbox, not sure if Infamous can hold up to that insane level of hype.

(That being said, I'll pick up Infamous as soon as it's out. Just a week to go!)

lol, true. That is why It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Well with the PS4 sales, it has the user base to sell extremely well. But against a multiplat, I'm not sure. Remember the 360 sales of Titanfall have yet to factor in.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bishop1310

@Joedgabe said:

@Bishop1310 said:

There isn't much to get on any system. Titanfall is better on PC anyways. There will be good games for each system by the end of the year. It's how it usually is. The better games don't come out until Q3 and Q4 of the year.

Oh I agree 100%. Both systems lack right now but thats normal at this stage. That being said Infamous should be the first must have for the ps4. With over 6 million consoles sold and not much to play you'd think it would sell better then Titnfall. I own both consoles and even before titanfall my X1 was used almost daily and my ps4 has sat for a long time now unused, Infamous should change that.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kinectthedots

@cainetao11 said:

Well with the PS4 sales, it has the user base to sell extremely well. But against a multiplat, I'm not sure. Remember the 360 sales of Titanfall have yet to factor in.

Neither 360 nor PC sales are not a factor in anything related to this thread. Read my OP.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bishop1310

@kinectthedots said:

@Bishop1310 said:

pre-damage control?

Lems said Titanfall would bury the PS4 and all it's games because everybody was supposed to want an xbox one to play Titanfall. lol, If people buy PS4's to play Infamous Second Son instead of Titanfall for xbox one then your counter seems pretty silly.

Also, there isn't much else to play on xbox one either, that is why everyone on the system is flocking to a multiplatform game in the first place..zing!!!

Pre damage control what?.. Not everyone personally invests themselves into these consoles like some.. (you I'm guessing hence you used the word "Lem"..lol sigh) I own both systems and will be picking up infamous.. I literally play nothing on my PS4 at the moment. Resogun was fun for awhile, BF is a mess (on all platforms) and I use the X1 for everything else.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

Agreed. A better question for the OP is Infamous sales vs X1 titanfall sales. There is literally no way Infamous can outsell Titanfall as a series. the 360 alone has 80 million units out there and they are a group that is known for buying games.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kinectthedots

@Bishop1310 said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Oh I agree 100%. Both systems lack right now but thats normal at this stage. That being said Infamous should be the first must have for the ps4. With over 6 million consoles sold and not much to play you'd think it would sell better then Titnfall. I own both consoles and even before titanfall my X1 was used almost daily and my ps4 has sat for a long time now unused, Infamous should change that.

Your argument keeps trying to fall back on PS4 sales, yet the original argument was that Titanfall for the xbox one would be a system seller and that PS4 had no system sellers or games to compete.

Here is the reality, Infamous Second Son is selling PS4's as a system seller despite Titanfall. Now that this is cleared up there should be no confusion here because Titanfall is the most hyped and advertised game of the generation and ALL of the ads have been directed or related to xbox one despite it being a mutiplatform game.

It doesn't matter if your PS4 sat unused as that is an anecdotal argument and isn't relevant in any part of this discussion because anyone could say the same for XB1 say they play their PS4's everyday.

I could also counter your PS4 sales statement with, "with all the ads and hype titanfall has gotten for the xbox one you'd think it would sell better"

Sticking to the facts we know no game has received the amount of hype and advertising that Titanfall has gotten but PS4 has been selling more consoles than xbox 1. The arguments that were previously made suggested that with Titanfall being a system seller for xbox one it would overtake the PS4 in sales and dominate in sales over all other games, specifically the xbox one version.

My thread is challenging that original argument, If you never made that argument then this projection does not apply to you.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kinectthedots

@Bishop1310 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Bishop1310 said:

pre-damage control?

Pre damage control what?.. Not everyone personally invests themselves into these consoles like some.. (you I'm guessing hence you used the word "Lem"..lol sigh) I own both systems and will be picking up infamous.. I literally play nothing on my PS4 at the moment. Resogun was fun for awhile, BF is a mess (on all platforms) and I use the X1 for everything else.

Nope this is System Wars it's all fun. You don't know what this place is about and had an account since 2007? lol.

Anyways, in SW we have party identifiers for PC, Nintendo, Sony and MS. When a group affiliated with one of these makes arguments they are identified by their identifier which happen to be Hermit, sheep, cow, lemming.

There is nothing else to it, I was just using System Wars lingo, you should look into it so you can keep up with the arguments. Hope that clears things up for you.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Well, I don't know who with a PS4 wouldn't be serious about buying Infamous. I mean, what else are they going to buy?...

Kind of a wasteland for PS4 games....... Dusty road, only a single tumbleweed...

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bishop1310

@kinectthedots said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Bishop1310 said:

pre-damage control?

Nope this is System Wars it's all fun. You don't know what this place is about and had an account since 2007? lol.

Anyways, in SW we have party identifiers for PC, Nintendo, Sony and MS. When a group affiliated with one of these makes arguments they are identified by their identifier which happen to be Hermit, sheep, cow, lemming.

There is nothing else to it, I was just using System Wars lingo, you should look into it so you can keep up with the arguments. Hope that clears things up for you.

Oh okay thank you. You win 1 internets bro.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

Its a tough call but I expect titanfall to sell more on Xbox one then infamous on PS4 well see

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kinectthedots

@musicalmac said:

Well, I don't know who with a PS4 wouldn't be serious about buying Infamous. I mean, what else are they going to buy?...

Kind of a wasteland for PS4 games....... Dusty road, only a single tumbleweed...

lol, nice. I like the mental gymnastics. Let me show my respect by applying the same technique and see how it goes...

"Well, I don't know who with a xbox one wouldn't be serious about buying Titanfall. I mean, what else are they going to buy?...

Kind of a wasteland for xbox one games....... Dusty road, only a single tumbleweed..."

WOW, that was fun and easy. Mental gymnastics is fun and easy, the whole family can try.

On topic:

lol

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 musicalmac  Moderator

@kinectthedots said:

@musicalmac said:

lol, nice. I like the mental gymnastics. Let me show my respect by applying the same technique and see how it goes...

"Well, I don't know who with a xbox one wouldn't be serious about buying Titanfall. I mean, what else are they going to buy?...

Kind of a wasteland for xbox one games....... Dusty road, only a single tumbleweed..."

WOW, that was fun and easy. Mental gymnastics is fun and easy, the whole family can try.

On topic:

lol

What are you talking about? Are you addressing my post or something else? In the context of my post (which you chose to quote), this makes very little sense.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#26  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Infamous has to outsell it. xbox 1 didnt sell nearly as much as ps4, and this is the ps4's like 2nd big game. Ps4 players are going to buy it.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

John Matterson still buttmad he was denied to make a Titanfall hype thread. It seems.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Titanfall will outsell Infamous. But I reckon Infamous will have longer legs. Only thing holding Titanfall back is the fact that people with crappy internet connections won't be able to play it, which could be in the thous'. Everyone can sit down for a session of Infamous though, 56K or not.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

1. Titanfall in general will wipe away inFamous SS in sales.

2. Titanfall just for Xbox One will probably lose to inFamous, due to install base primarily (and being the first must own PS4 exclusive).

3. Will I care either way? Hell no, both games are/will be amazing. Love TF right now and can't wait for inFamous SS.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@kinectthedots said:

@musicalmac said:

On topic:

lol

What are you talking about? Are you addressing my post or something else? In the context of my post (which you chose to quote), this makes very little sense.

Neither does yours. ^_^

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Hope not Imfamous games are trash.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kinectthedots

@musicalmac said:

@kinectthedots said:

@musicalmac said:

On topic:

lol

I responded to your post which was using mental gymnastics to try to make some kind of point about the games available for PS4.

My counter post, using your same outline shows the same exact thing you were trying to argue about PS4 in some hack attempt to make a point.

all in all, It is good you see that, in the context of your post, that what you said about the PS4 makes very little sense when xbox one is no different.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kinectthedots

@Newhopes said:

Hope not Imfamous games are trash.

Yes, that was the argument lems used...

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think Titanfall will probably outsell Infamous when you factor in the PC and 360 sales. Infamous is going to sell very well, though. What else are those millions of PS4 owners going to buy between now and next year?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

No, since TF is on 3 different systems, including the 360 with an install base of 80+ million.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Titanfall will most likely outsell Infamous. If you include the PC and XBox 360 version, it will outsell it easily. If you go with just the XB1 figures it'll be close, but I still think Titanfall will prevail.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I doubt Titanfall will be outsold this year, if you count all the multiplat versions.

It has a ton of marketing and hype behind it.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I don't see it happening. Infamous SS is a downgrade from Infamous 2. Infamous SS will probably generate more sales in the used games market which isn't going to help. Infamous SS is just a filler game and lucky the ps4 doesnt have any games to challenge it upon release.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PurpleMan5000

@Netherscourge said:

I doubt Titanfall will be outsold this year, if you count all the multiplat versions.

It has a ton of marketing and hype behind it.

Call of Duty will probably outsell it.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PurpleMan5000

@BigBadBully said:

I don't see it happening. Infamous SS is a downgrade from Infamous 2. Infamous SS will probably generate more sales in the used games market which isn't going to help. Infamous SS is just a filler game and lucky the ps4 doesnt have any games to challenge it upon release.

I think the used market will have little to no impact on Infamous SS sales. What game do you anticipate PS4 owners trading their copies of Infamous in for?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 musicalmac  Moderator

@kinectthedots said:

I responded to your post which was using mental gymnastics to try to make some kind of point about the games available for PS4.

My counter post, using your same outline shows the same exact thing you were trying to argue about PS4 in some hack attempt to make a point.

all in all, It is good you see that, in the context of your post, that what you said about the PS4 makes very little sense when xbox one is no different.

When did I say anything about the Xbox One? That console's upcoming games list is also a wasteland. It's just lucky that it got Titanfall.

Relax and think before posting your kneejerk reaction.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I doubt it since TF will be on 360, pc and xbox one. That's a lot of coverage while infamous will just be on the ps4.

Not that it will be a better game, its just open to a much wider audience. Then you have the huge amount of 360 players who haven't upgraded and are dying for something big to come along for the system since for the past year Microsoft hasn't released shit for the system and the only big games on it are the cross platform 3rd party games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Implement multiplayer to infamous boring and sleep inducing single-play then I might even go and buy Ps4 right now.

I would say the same about Titanfall single player,but the truth is that i don't need to buy and xbox one that get it..

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kinectthedots

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I think Titanfall will probably outsell Infamous when you factor in the PC and 360 sales. Infamous is going to sell very well, though. What else are those millions of PS4 owners going to buy between now and next year?

LMAO...and (speaking about Titanfall) what else are those millions of xbone owners going to buy between now and next year? These posts seem extremely desperate and damage controlling.

Stop trying to make excuses with the sales that PS4 has over xbox one, that wasn't an argument used last generation when xbox 360 had an entire year head start and an 8 million console lead, its pathetic to see that this is what you guys have resorted to after just hyping this game Titanfall heavens please stop making whinny excuses.

I do not know which will sell better this is just a predictions thread, but the excuses and damage control coming from the xbox fanboy camp is sick.

Titanfall also has something that Infamous doesn't have which is SUPER-POWERED marketing and billion dollar advertising from MS virtually everywhere, specifically for xbox one. Just because there are more PS4 owners doesn't mean Infamous will sell more that's just a pathetic excuse.

I recall PS3 and xbox360 game sales threads made all the time and not once did I see a sony fan make the excuse about the fact that xbox had more consoles sold so a game would sell more for 360 by default. Is this the excuse you lemmings are going to make this entire generation?

Pathetic, man up lems and stop making damage control excuses. PS4 and xbox one released at about the same time shit sales aren't that different when compared PS3 vs 360 launches last gen.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Already has

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kinectthedots

@musicalmac said:

@kinectthedots said:

When did I say anything about the Xbox One? That console's upcoming games list is also a wasteland. It's just lucky that it got Titanfall.

Relax and think before posting your kneejerk reaction.

My post wasn't kneejerk.

And the fact that you admit that Xbox one's list of up coming games is also a wasteland, for the context of my thread, and the fact that i am talking about two games specifically on the PS4 and xbox one, your comment about the PS4 made no sense.

If you would think before you posted, you would realize your comment made no sense and had no place in this thread.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kinectthedots

Also, people need to read the OP. I am talking specifically about the Xbox one version vs the PS4 exclusive.

Think people, it has been the xbox one version that has had all the hype and advertisements and for System Wars it has been the version that people have been hyping as a system seller for xbox one.

This is not a PS4 exclusive vs Titanfall on 3 platforms thread, it is a PS4 exclusive (Infamous Second Son) vs Xbox one mutiplat restricted system seller (Titanfall) thread.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@kinectthedots said:

My post wasn't kneejerk.

And the fact that you admit that Xbox one's list of up coming games is also a wasteland, for the context of my thread, and the fact that i am talking about two games specifically on the PS4 and xbox one, your comment about the PS4 made no sense.

If you would think before you posted, you would realize your comment made no sense and had no place in this thread.

Both consoles are looking at a whole lotta nothin' in the near future. If one owned a PS4, given how FEW GAMES are available and how FEW GAMES are on the way, it would make sense that they would want to buy a lot of Infamous.

When there is so little to look forward to, one must be satisfied with what is available. The Xbox One has the advantage of Titanfall, which is, a significant one.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@WadeFan said:

(and being the first must own PS4 exclusive).

What imaginary world do you live in where Infamous is considered a selling title? I think it might outsell X1 (maybe) version because of the delays and that it's the only real big game for awhile. But not because it's a must buy.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Ofcourse it can. You don't need to jump through as many hoops to be able to play it. Convenience trumps, whatever it is titanfall is doing.