Time to place bets, which PS3 exclusive do you think GS will flop next year?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -

It's no surprise that GS has been flopping PS3 exclusives left and right lately this year with only Journey coming out with a AAA score. With 2013 approaching we will be seeing the likes of God of War, a new Sly Cooper title, new titles like Ni no Kuni, Beyond: Two Souls, and the highly anticipated The Last of Us. But if these past two years have proven anything, no PS3 exclusive is safe especially on this site. So I believe it's time to take up some bets and ask which of the following titles (or possibly one I haven't listed) do you believe GS will flop next year.

#2 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
last of us will get 9 at least. Sly 4 will most likely flop. God of war will get 8.5 minimum..chance of flopping.
#3 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

Sly cooper

Last of us is made by naughty dog, meaning it will get a 9.0 here

Plus it's made by the uncharted 2 team..

#4 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Given this year, I wouldn't have a hard time seeing all of them flop hard.
#5 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

Depends on whether or not Cows have learned to reign in their hype after getting destroyed in the Metagame this year.

#6 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

My predictions

The Last of Us: 9.0

Beyond: Two Souls: 8.0

God of War Ascension: 8.0

Sly 4: 7.0

#7 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -

Depends on whether or not Cows have learned to reign in their hype after getting destroyed in the Metagame this year.

DarkLink77
No idea, then again the last couple of exclusives were hyped A since GS was on open season on PS3 exclusives. Only trolls hyped beyond the A hype.
#8 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

My predictions:

God of War Ascension - 9.0

Sly Cooper: Theives in Time - 8.5 - 9.0

Beyond: Two Souls - 8.5 - 9.0

The Last of Us - 9.0-9.5

I honestly can't see any of those flopping.

#9 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -

Sly cooper will get a 7.5

The last of us will get 8.0

#10 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

I'll be too busy playing them all to care about GS :)

#11 Posted by Ghost120x (3681 posts) -
Anyone who thinks sly will flop is insane. It will probably average an 84-87 meta.
#12 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

All of them.

#13 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

My predictions:

The Last of Us - 9.0-9.5

Blazerdt47

Agree ! I come to this site only for SW, KVO is the worst reviewer ever, not to mention that man/waoman Caroline !

#14 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -
Anyone who thinks sly will flop is insane. It will probably average an 84-87 meta.Ghost120x
Im just saying it will flop on THIS website but will do great on every other website
#15 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

My predictions:

The Last of Us - 9.0-9.5

DISSESHOWEDO

Agree ! I come to this site only for SW, KVO is the worst reviewer ever, not to mention that man/waoman Caroline !

and Tom Mcsheah.
#16 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

My predictions:

The Last of Us - 9.0-9.5

Blazerdt47
I could see all of those flopping. Especially The Last of Us (Naughty Dog First Attempt Syndrome), God of War (franchise fatigue), and Beyond: Two Souls (More Heavy Rain isn't exactly impressive).
#17 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11471 posts) -

God of War Ascension-8.5

Sly 4-8.0

Beyond Two Souls-8.5

The Last of Us-9.0

So is it written!

#18 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
Anyone who thinks sly will flop is insane. It will probably average an 84-87 meta.Ghost120x
I said the same for inFAMOUS 2 and then Tom McShea happened.
#19 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Anyone who thinks sly will flop is insane. It will probably average an 84-87 meta.game_masta14

He said meta not gamespot you halfwit

#20 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

[QUOTE="game_masta14"][QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Anyone who thinks sly will flop is insane. It will probably average an 84-87 meta.Meeeper282

inFamous 2 under-preformed on meta, too, you halfwit.
#21 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

My predictions:

The Last of Us - 9.0-9.5

DarkLink77

I could see all of those flopping. Especially The Last of Us (Naughty Dog First Attempt Syndrome), God of War (franchise fatigue), and Beyond: Two Souls (More Heavy Rain isn't exactly impressive).

God of War Ascension, I feel will at least get a 9. If I remember correctly there hasn't been a console GOW that flopped. Santa Monica is talented, they know how to impress. We haven't seen much of the story mode yet either. I think they will make this the best GOW similar to how GOW2 was PS2's swan song. With multiplayer as a plus, which looks pretty awesome by the way. It's just a flop proof series, my opinion of course.

I can't really comment on The Last of Us since we don't know much about it. Though one thing is certain, Naughty Dog. Nuff said. Also, it just looks really good. I haven't been impressed by a console game in a while.

And Beyond: Two Souls, it will get points for being different than any other game. It's original and will be very story heavy.

Though, I can't really say if any of those will flop or not. I haven't seen enough or played them to judge them. The only thing all those games have in common is that they have talented studios making them.

#22 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

My predictions:

The Last of Us - 9.0-9.5

Blazerdt47

God of War Ascension, I feel will at least get a 9. If I remember correctly there hasn't been a console GOW that flopped. Santa Monica is talented, they know how to impress. We haven't seen much of the story mode yet either. I think they will make this the best GOW similar to how GOW2 was PS2's swan song. With multiplayer as a plus, which looks pretty awesome by the way. It's just a flop proof series, my opinion of course.

I can't really comment on The Last of Us since we don't know much about it. Though one thing is certain, Naughty Dog. Nuff said.

And Beyond: Two Souls, it will get points for being different than any other game. It's original and will be very story heavy.

Though, I can't really say if any of those will flop or not. I haven't seen enough or played them to judge them. The only thing all those games have in common is that they have talented studios making them.

God of War is also a very old franchise that has been milked to death and has nowhere left to go creatively. Sony Santa Monica is mad talented, but you can only stave off franchise fatigue for so long. Naughty Dog means Naughty Dog First Attempt Syndrome. It's completely possible. It looks a lot like Heavy Rain, and David Cage is not a good writer. But I dunno. It depends on how forgiving/strict game critics feel like being next year.
#23 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="game_masta14"]I said the same for inFAMOUS 2 and then Tom McShea happened.DarkLink77

Yeahh saids the duke nukem fan :lol:

and i didn't say it underperformed you halfwit

#24 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Meeeper282

Such an easy, boring jab. Might as well not have even bothered. He said he thought it would score between 84-87. It didn't do that on GS or on MetaCritic. So he was right either way. Halfwit.
#25 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] inFamous 2 under-preformed on meta, too, you halfwit.DarkLink77

Such an easy, boring jab. Might as well not have even bothered. He said he thought it would score between 84-87. It didn't do that on GS or on MetaCritic. So he was right either way. Halfwit.

really didn't know 83 was well away from 84 :lol:

#26 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

Meeeper282

That is the weakest argument I have ever seen. :| Congrats.
#27 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Such an easy, boring jab. Might as well not have even bothered. He said he thought it would score between 84-87. It didn't do that on GS or on MetaCritic. So he was right either way. Halfwit.DarkLink77

I should say the same to you

#28 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

Meeeper282

You could, but you'd be wrong. Mostly because I know that 83 doesn't come between 84 and 87.
#29 Posted by bobbetybob (19114 posts) -
I'd be very surprised if GoW got a 9, but since cows seem to be in super duper protection mode they'll probably hype it A so they can claim ownage if it gets an 8.
#30 Posted by nervmeister (15170 posts) -
Most likely Ninokuni: Wrath of the White Witch due to Level 5's track record.
#31 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -
Sly Cooper will get a 4.0 or something
#32 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That is the weakest argument I have ever seen. :| Congrats.DarkLink77

You could, but you'd be wrong. Mostly because I know that 83 doesn't come between 84 and 87.

Yeahh because 84-87 = hype met

and 83 means FLOP :lol: :lol:

Plus the person who originally posted that didn't even state infamous you halfwit. :lol:

#33 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I think cows will hype "Sly Cooper" A, and it will still flop.

It will be Sony Allstars all over again.

#34 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

I'd be very surprised if GoW got a 9, but since cows seem to be in super duper protection mode they'll probably hype it A so they can claim ownage if it gets an 8.bobbetybob

Dat gore.

god_of_war_ascension_gif_8_by_sonicx2011

#35 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1127 posts) -

Which Xbox exclusives will flop next year...wait a minute have they got any games next year...oh of course gears again!

#36 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]I'd be very surprised if GoW got a 9, but since cows seem to be in super duper protection mode they'll probably hype it A so they can claim ownage if it gets an 8.Blazerdt47

Dat gore.

Great, now I want to replay GoW 3

#37 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -

[QUOTE="game_masta14"][QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Anyone who thinks sly will flop is insane. It will probably average an 84-87 meta.Meeeper282

This thread is specifically about GS's score. Other sites may not be as harsh as this one. I believe it may do well on meta but here...
#38 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

Meeeper282

Yeahh because 84-87 = hype met

and 83 means FLOP :lol: :lol:

Plus the personally who originally posted that didn't even state infamous you halfwit. :lol:

Holy f*ck, you are stupid. I can actually feel my brain cells committing hari-kiri when I read your posts. First of all, we were going by his standards. He established the 84-87 criteria. I know it's hard to remember things for more than a few minutes, but you can do it. I believe in you. Secondly, we weren't talking about the original poster. Halfwit.
#39 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

Which Xbox exclusives will flop next year...wait a minute have they got any games next year...oh of course gears again!

OneInchMan99

Someone need to create a thread for the xbox! that would be much more fun than the PS3 thread.. poll would be 1- gears 2- nothing 2-nothing 3-nothing 4-nothing

:P

someone do it!

#40 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]I'd be very surprised if GoW got a 9, but since cows seem to be in super duper protection mode they'll probably hype it A so they can claim ownage if it gets an 8.Sagem28

Dat gore.

Glad Sony came out with that collection that has all the GoW games on it. Might pick it up before Ascension comes out.
#41 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

[QUOTE="OneInchMan99"]

finalstar2007

Someone need to create a thread for the xbox! that would be much more fun than the PS3 thread.. poll would be 1- gears 2- nothing 2-nothing 3-nothing 4-nothing

someone do it!

Someone tried. It got locked because fad threads aren't allowed.
#42 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]I'd be very surprised if GoW got a 9, but since cows seem to be in super duper protection mode they'll probably hype it A so they can claim ownage if it gets an 8.Sagem28

Dat gore.

They up the gore after each installment. GOW4 on PS4, I could only imagine how disturbingly gory they could make it.

#43 Posted by bobbetybob (19114 posts) -

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]I'd be very surprised if GoW got a 9, but since cows seem to be in super duper protection mode they'll probably hype it A so they can claim ownage if it gets an 8.Blazerdt47

Dat gore.

It looks great visually but I feel like God of War's gameplay hasn't evolved at all in 5 games, it's still fun but I don't think reviewers will let it slide so easily after this many games.
#44 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Dat gore.

Blazerdt47

They up the gore after each installment. GOW4 on PS4, I could only imagine how disturbingly gory they could make it.

How the hell are they going to make God of War IV? Everyone in the Greek Pantheon is dead. Hell, even Ascension feels cheap because you can't fight anyone cool since you kill them all later on.
#45 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="OneInchMan99"]

DarkLink77

someone do it!

Someone tried. It got locked because fad threads aren't allowed.

LOL that was fast but i liked his other options about adding timed Cod DLC.

#46 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]I'd be very surprised if GoW got a 9, but since cows seem to be in super duper protection mode they'll probably hype it A so they can claim ownage if it gets an 8.bobbetybob

Dat gore.

It looks great visually but I feel like God of War's gameplay hasn't evolved at all in 5 games, it's still fun but I don't think reviewers will let it slide so easily after this many games.

Speak for yourself dude, GOW is one of the few console franchises I could never get tired of. Who doesn't like a fvcking angry psycho going around murdering everything in sight with the most gory visuals?

#47 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

DarkLink77

How the hell are they going to make God of War IV? Everyone in the Greek Pantheon is dead. Hell, even Ascension feels cheap because you can't fight anyone cool since you kill them all later on.

Prequel, probably.

Set during the time Kratos served Ares. Or set between GoW 1 and GoW 2, when he achieved full God status.

This cow shall be milked, dammit :x

#48 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

Sagem28

Prequel, probably.

Set during the time Kratos served Ares. Or set between GoW 1 and GoW 2, when he achieved full God status.

This cow shall be milked, dammit :x

But they've already done like three prequels. :|

And it still doesn't solve the problem of "no one cool to fight" which is an issue considering the series lives and dies on its boss fights.

#49 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

DarkLink77

Well they could go with Norse mythology I don't know. Going by GOW3's ending it's possible to continue with a different story other than mass murdering gods. But GOW is one of Sony's cash cows, you can bet your life there will be more GOW games.

Kratos vs. Thor? Now that I'd love to see.

#50 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

Blazerdt47

Well they could go with Norse mythology I don't know. Going by GOW3's ending it's possible to continue with a different story other than mass murdering gods. But GOW is one of Sony's cash cows, you can bet your life there will be more GOW games.

I'd like if they kept the God of War brand and just explored other mythologies. Norse would be very cool. No Kratos, though, please.