Time "will solve" Wii U quality gap - Satoru Iwata

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Satoru Iwata states that time will solve the development quality gap of the Wii U as developers learn to work with the system.

Source

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mysticstryk

"Each game console has its own unique qualities, and developers must go through a trial and error phase to acquire the knack of taking full advantage of them," Iwata told investors. "This time does not come until a final version of the hardware and development tools for the version have been made available and then a base for software development has been established. For Wii U, such a time finally came in the latter half of last year. In this sense, we could not avoid the trial and error stage to create games which take full advantage of the hardware."

More in the link provided above.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

when was the last time Nintendo did this much damage control?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
"Just Wait"
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
lol the quality gap or PS3and 360 or actual next gen :lol:
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Iwata needs to shut his mouth
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mysticstryk

Gue1

They are sucking up to investors.  Though they do have a point.  Remember how bad a lot of the early games for 360 and PS3 looked, especially compared to how new games for those systems look now?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

I believe him, I mean the Nintendo Direct got me interested in Wii U, now we have to just wait for those to come out.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
Damage controlling ?
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mysticstryk

Iwata needs to shut his mouthRR360DD

Why?

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

He is just stating the obvious, that over time visuals improve.

Uncharted -> Uncharted 3

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StaticOnTV
Member since 2013 • 597 Posts
I see the dual GPU idiot is still around....Desmonic
I'm sorry mam;, did you have a rebuttle?
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Gue1
Like, never. They must be truly freaking out.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#18 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Wii U will be fine. The people doubting Nintendo are the same ones who always say "OMG their doomed or the 3DS is doomed".

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StaticOnTV

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Desmonic"]I see the dual GPU idiot is still around....Desmonic

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to add it! Here you kind sir:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dual GPU................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: DUAL F*CKING GPU!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

stupidity.jpg

GTFO :lol:

So you agree that everyother part of that post was correct? because that was like 4% of the post. Well good, we agree that Nintendo will purify the future and Sony needs to up the Vita and drop the PS4.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="Desmonic"]I see the dual GPU idiot is still around....StaticOnTV

theres only one gpu
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Like I tweeted to Rich at IGN: This is such an obvious thing if you're really into video games, I feel like it doesn't even need to be explained. -- This happens with every launch of a console. It takes time to get used to the architecture and making games that take advantage of that platform. Just because it's similar to the 360 or PS3, doesn't mean it's a "copy/paste" job like most people think it is. That's not how it works.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Desmonic"]I see the dual GPU idiot is still around....savagetwinkie

theres only one gpu

Ah, my friend you seem to be misinformed. Allow me to show you how it works: I am glad you asked: First off, the Wii U and Gamepad are devices:  Now, the stream from the gamepad, uses a signal(s) which comes from the Wii U, that reaches the controller, which stores the signal with its hardware, sometimes IR:  When the data is stored on the Wii U from a game stream or whatever else activity on the Wii U, it takes little memory. Inside the Wii U controller is what Is basically cylinders, although it's not the official name and we do not know how many cylinders the Wii u controller can hold:  Let's say each one of these is data cylinders ok? So what happens is the basic stream from Wii u or Wii U game like menus takes up some of what the Wii U can hold. Because we can all agree that more advanced games will have more stuff to stream at the controller correct? So, this can create free virtual storage which goes back to the Wii U:  Let's say that it;s sending data back to the Wii U. Now the Wii U gamepad has to have enough data space to hold for future more complex games, and currently it holds very little, and most things we expect from the gamepad will most likely be similar and such, so still not take up much. This means that they can send signals for the Wii u pad to hold, allowing more space on the actual console. Let's look at project X, the Wii u itself? handling all that distance and animation and dynamic models? The Slow CPu would chock on it, yet, what they did was send some of the data to hold on the Wii u, and some of that gets sent back to the Wii u in quantities improving the experience so the CPu can handle the tasks instead of being all in one place. You get results like this project X:  This means that the Wii U will have much more memory available for gaming development than all other systems out, coming, and the PC in its current form right now. There is no possible way for PS4/720 to beat enhanced memory of dual GPU tech!!!!!!1 | It will still be nice, but it won't be able to handle all the Wii u can't.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
so much damage control lol just cut the price to 199.99 already... its what the tech inside worth in a new piece of plastic anyway.
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
Does it mater? The Wii never matched the 360/PS3, this should be a repeat.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Like I tweeted to Rich at IGN: This is such an obvious thing if you're really into video games, I feel like it doesn't even need to be explained. -- This happens with every launch of a console. It takes time to get used to the architecture and making games that take advantage of that platform. Just because it's similar to the 360 or PS3, doesn't mean it's a "copy/paste" job like most people think it is. That's not how it works.

The PS2 and 5200 came out swinging with games. (Although both had some hardware issues
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
so much damage control lol just cut the price to 199.99 already... its what the tech inside worth in a new piece of plastic anyway.silversix_
Doesn't Costco got them at $245? That's pretty close.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
My bet is we won't see anything from wiiu that beats the best on PS3 before Orbis comes,if ever.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Sounds like the PS3 with an odd archetecture that will hinder development... 

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#30 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Still wont fix online, mic, forced to used a tablet, no useful hard drive space (Forget demo's), The Wii U is a joke by 2006 standards.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#31 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

Wii U will be fine. The people doubting Nintendo are the same ones who always say "OMG their doomed or the 3DS is doomed".

HaloPimp978
3DS is a good hand held. The Wii U is a joke.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] The PS2 and 5200 came out swinging with games. (Although both had some hardware issues

I can't really speak from experience since I never owned nor was born when the Atari 5200 was out. I never owned a PS2 at launch either, but based on what I see on Wikipedia with regards to line up, the Wii U's line up is comparable in terms of big named titles. I can't speak for comparing the quality, as I never had a PS2 at launch.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Jeez if this had to be said to the investors for reassurance than god knows its not worth talking to them about anything else. :P

This is elementary. Time solves pretty much everything in business for the most part, especially if you were short on it to start with. Well... then their is time wasted but if you were productive at all it should help.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

My bet is we won't see anything from wiiu that beats the best on PS3 before Orbis comes,if ever.killzowned24

It's not a feat that "PS3 games look better technically than WiiU games". It's more a matter of, how much money can Sony afford to loose before going bankrupt to beef the specs up and how many employees can they fit into one project. 

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] I'm sorry mam;, did you have a rebuttle?StaticOnTV
theres only one gpu

Ah, my friend you seem to be misinformed. Allow me to show you how it works: I am glad you asked: First off, the Wii U and Gamepad are devices:  Now, the stream from the gamepad, uses a signal(s) which comes from the Wii U, that reaches the controller, which stores the signal with its hardware, sometimes IR:  When the data is stored on the Wii U from a game stream or whatever else activity on the Wii U, it takes little memory. Inside the Wii U controller is what Is basically cylinders, although it's not the official name and we do not know how many cylinders the Wii u controller can hold:  Let's say each one of these is data cylinders ok? So what happens is the basic stream from Wii u or Wii U game like menus takes up some of what the Wii U can hold. Because we can all agree that more advanced games will have more stuff to stream at the controller correct? So, this can create free virtual storage which goes back to the Wii U:  Let's say that it;s sending data back to the Wii U. Now the Wii U gamepad has to have enough data space to hold for future more complex games, and currently it holds very little, and most things we expect from the gamepad will most likely be similar and such, so still not take up much. This means that they can send signals for the Wii u pad to hold, allowing more space on the actual console. Let's look at project X, the Wii u itself? handling all that distance and animation and dynamic models? The Slow CPu would chock on it, yet, what they did was send some of the data to hold on the Wii u, and some of that gets sent back to the Wii u in quantities improving the experience so the CPu can handle the tasks instead of being all in one place. You get results like this project X:  This means that the Wii U will have much more memory available for gaming development than all other systems out, coming, and the PC in its current form right now. There is no possible way for PS4/720 to beat enhanced memory of dual GPU tech!!!!!!1 | It will still be nice, but it won't be able to handle all the Wii u can't.

You don't understand **** about technology do you? There is only 1 gpu

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Still wont fix online, caseypayne69
if the wii u is capable of getting updates then it's online is capable of getting better.

This isn't rocket science :|

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

mysticstryk

They are sucking up to investors.  Though they do have a point.  Remember how bad a lot of the early games for 360 and PS3 looked, especially compared to how new games for those systems look now?

All 360 launch games ran at 720p and graphics rivaled high end pc's. A new console today should at least be able to do 1080p on cross gen multiplats.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StaticOnTV

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] theres only one gpusavagetwinkie

Does not the stat from the Wii U go to the controller to display the screen? Yes or no?
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

LOL at project x, 5 year old pc games look better. Wait til next box and ps4 are announced and see what real next gen graphics look like.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

My bet is we won't see anything from wiiu that beats the best on PS3 before Orbis comes,if ever.killzowned24

Pikmin 3 will beat the best on Ps3 by a lot, and that's due in May.

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mysticstryk

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]My bet is we won't see anything from wiiu that beats the best on PS3 before Orbis comes,if ever.Chozofication

Pikmin 3 will beat the best on Ps3 by a lot, and that's due in May.

I don't know about that.  My money is on X from Monolith.

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StaticOnTV

LOL at project x, 5 year old pc games look better. Wait til next box and ps4 are announced and see what real next gen graphics look like.

Cranler
Worse than 5 year old modded crysis one from 2007 STILL? Because that already blows 360/PS3 out the water in many areas STILL. 720/ps4 may be on par. Wii u however is the future of expanded memory.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Here is what we know.

Wii U has **** graphics.  Duhhh, how could anyone deny this?

Wii U is only for exclusives and we can expect several month droughts since Wii U owners will only be buying exclusives and third party titles will be purchased on the 720/PS4.

Sound familiar?  

We hear this same song and dance every generation from Nintendo.  If Nintendo cared about third party developers they wouldnt have developed such a horribly weak console.  

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 haziqonfire

Cranler
It's called PC. It already beat everyone else.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Basic console progression? Cool.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] Ah, my friend you seem to be misinformed. Allow me to show you how it works: I am glad you asked: First off, the Wii U and Gamepad are devices:  Now, the stream from the gamepad, uses a signal(s) which comes from the Wii U, that reaches the controller, which stores the signal with its hardware, sometimes IR:  When the data is stored on the Wii U from a game stream or whatever else activity on the Wii U, it takes little memory. Inside the Wii U controller is what Is basically cylinders, although it's not the official name and we do not know how many cylinders the Wii u controller can hold:  Let's say each one of these is data cylinders ok? So what happens is the basic stream from Wii u or Wii U game like menus takes up some of what the Wii U can hold. Because we can all agree that more advanced games will have more stuff to stream at the controller correct? So, this can create free virtual storage which goes back to the Wii U:  Let's say that it;s sending data back to the Wii U. Now the Wii U gamepad has to have enough data space to hold for future more complex games, and currently it holds very little, and most things we expect from the gamepad will most likely be similar and such, so still not take up much. This means that they can send signals for the Wii u pad to hold, allowing more space on the actual console. Let's look at project X, the Wii u itself? handling all that distance and animation and dynamic models? The Slow CPu would chock on it, yet, what they did was send some of the data to hold on the Wii u, and some of that gets sent back to the Wii u in quantities improving the experience so the CPu can handle the tasks instead of being all in one place. You get results like this project X:  This means that the Wii U will have much more memory available for gaming development than all other systems out, coming, and the PC in its current form right now. There is no possible way for PS4/720 to beat enhanced memory of dual GPU tech!!!!!!1 | It will still be nice, but it won't be able to handle all the Wii u can't.StaticOnTV

Does not the stat from the Wii U go to the controller to display the screen? Yes or no?

it streams video from the wii u to the controller, it doesn't render the scene on the controller,
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 haziqonfire

lundy86_4
You're playing System Wars wrong.
Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

StaticOnTV

Is that ingame, or photoshopped?

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] You don't understand **** about technology do you? There is only 1 gpusavagetwinkie

it streams video from the wii u to the controller, it doesn't render the scene on the controller,

Again, does not the data go from the Wii U to the gamepad to display the picture? Yes or no?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Haziqonfire

You're playing System Wars wrong.

Dammit.

Wii-U sucks, cos Nintendo is run by kiddies.