Thread for people who LIKE the Wii U

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

[This is a thread for people who like the Wii U and want to endorse the system. Hopefully we can start a positive PR campaign in System Wars. For the record, I'm not being paid to do this.]

Since getting my Wii U in November, I've been pretty happy with it. My favorite games so far are Super Mario 3D World and Windwaker HD. At no point did I think this wasn't "next gen" or whatever. Actually, I really like the Gamepad and think it works really well (not gimmicky at all). I also think it's great that the Wii U has three choices of controller for games (Gamepad, Pro & nunchuck). The graphics are also very good. I think this year's going to rock for the Wii U especially for games like Smash, DK, and Mario Kart. How about you fellow Wii U owners?

#2 Posted by farrell2k (5023 posts) -

As long as I can play Nintendo franchises on the system I am happy. The PC is for everything else.

#3 Posted by charizard1605 (54087 posts) -

So far, not really. I use it mostly for Netflix and Miiverse, and the odd Virtual Console game.

However, in the interests of full disclosure, I haven't bought all that many games for it either, so I can't say my opinion is all that valid yet.

#4 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24093 posts) -

If you want threads dedicated to WiiU you could go to the Nintendo Forum.

But it's boring there, so I see why you posted this in System Wars.

I'm playing Wonderful 101 and Windwaker on the System and I plan on getting more games to play for it, but right now I have no money and Persona 3 Portable is taking all of my time (that and work).

#5 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

I'm enjoying the Wii U enough, but i would never endorse it. At least not in its current state. When people outside the gaming fold ask me which new console to get I usually tell them none for now, but if you must get something, get a PS4.

I like some of the titles on the Wii U right now and I know there are more good titles on the way. I actually really like the controller as well. But every time I buy a Nintendo console, I do it knowing damn well that I'm buying a 1st party box. It's been this way since the N64 and I don't expect much to change.

Its a fine console, but if you don't like Nintendo games then don't bother.

#6 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3491 posts) -

i love it too. it fits in my butt perfectly.

#7 Edited by DocSanchez (1360 posts) -

This is system wars. You want a place where there isn't criticism of wii u go to a fansite and talk about it there. Jesus. Some of you need to realise this is a site for banter. Some of the stuff I've been called recently, it's crazy.

#8 Posted by Evo_nine (1559 posts) -

*crickets*

#9 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24093 posts) -

This is system wars. You want a place where there isn't criticism of wii u go to a fansite and talk about it there. Jesus. Some of you need to realise this is a site for banter. Some of the stuff I've been called recently, it's crazy.

Haha, you may want to think twice there bud.

I've been to two of them and they still have criticism of WiiU.

#10 Posted by ArisShadows (22609 posts) -

I couldn't care less if System Wars give two shits about the Wii U. I am enjoying it.

#11 Posted by DocSanchez (1360 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: Cant say I blame them. I criticise it from a point of a gamer who thinks it's a pile of crap but if I was dissatisfied with it because I'd bought it and hated it I'd feel much worse.

#12 Edited by SolidTy (41305 posts) -

The Wii U is pretty cool, I use it every few months when a gem releases. Almost done with Mario 3D, it's pretty damn easy, but fun 4 player co op.

I bought the Wii U on launch day knowing it was going to be just like my N64, Gamecube, and Wii experiences in that I turn them on for Nintendo and exclusive games. If someone buys a Wii U and expects something else, they may be in for a huge disappointment.

#13 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9190 posts) -

Wii U?

#14 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

... are you Sponge Bob?

#15 Posted by Zassimick (6109 posts) -

My experience with it has been great so far. I've got a good library of games for it that will grow larger when the other games I want drop in price. There are a ton of improvements Nintendo needs to make with the console but I enjoy what is there now.

I know that Nintendo will continue to release some great stuff; I cannot wait for Smash Bros to release. I'm eager to experience a new entry in the series.

#16 Edited by superbuuman (2485 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@DocSanchez said:

Haha, you may want to think twice there bud.

I've been to two of them and they still have criticism of WiiU.

As it should, I like it that way...would be screwy if its just talking about positive only..might as well change the board title Nintendo fanboys only. :P

On topic..got most of the Wii U games ..but finding myself going back to finish off Wii or GameCube games..most recent game I got for Wii U was Lego Marvel Super Heroes..played abit..haven't finish. Even more recent just got probably the best yu-gi-oh game, yu-gi-oh 5DS Master of the Cards/Duel Transer on Wii...playing this right now..so good. :)

#17 Edited by quatoe (5664 posts) -

@mrintro said:

[This is a thread for people who like the Wii U and want to endorse the system. Hopefully we can start a positive PR campaign in System Wars. For the record, I'm not being paid to do this.]

Since getting my Wii U in November, I've been pretty happy with it. My favorite games so far are Super Mario 3D World and Windwaker HD. At no point did I think this wasn't "next gen" or whatever. Actually, I really like the Gamepad and think it works really well (not gimmicky at all). I also think it's great that the Wii U has three choices of controller for games (Gamepad, Pro & nunchuck). The graphics are also very good. I think this year's going to rock for the Wii U especially for games like Smash, DK, and Mario Kart. How about you fellow Wii U owners?

I agree 100%. Absolutely love the console and the controller.

#18 Posted by MonsieurX (28421 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

The Wii U is pretty cool, I use it every few months when a gem releases. Almost done with Mario 3D, it's pretty damn easy, but fun 4 player co op.

In general,it is.

But the last few worlds are quite painful!

#19 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

In general,it is.

Yeah, the difficulty does ramp up a bit, but compared to other Mario games it's relatively easy. Definitely one of the more family friendly titles in the series, but it's still lots of fun.

#20 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3362 posts) -

As much as I love the Wii U, not having a concrete release date on any of its exclusives is slowly pushing me away from it, that and the lack of features that distinguish it from the PS4 and Xbone.

Damn it Nintendo, I loved the Wii, but the Wii U basically feels like an upgrade to that rather than a new console, please do something so people respect you again.

#21 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3491 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: i'm sorry but i'm never going to come up with a witty retort to that one.

i guess the best i can say is, well, i don't think i am spongebob,. considering patrick's up him all the time i don't think there would be room for patrick's willy and a wii u gamepad.

well, i can only speak for spongebob. i've got loads of room. all invited.

#22 Edited by vincent380 (2237 posts) -

I love watching Netflix on my WiiU

#23 Posted by Foxi911 (1669 posts) -

I like it, well I will be getting one this year. Mainly for Super Smash/Mario kart, it would encourage me sooner to get a Wii U if a Star Fox game was announced too.

#24 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6538 posts) -

It is by far the console that I play the most. That said, I probably only play it about 10% as often as I play the PC. Super Mario 3D World, Monster Hunter, Lego City, ZombiU, and W101 are all great games.

#25 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

Also, playing remotely on the gamepad is awesome and really useful. Playing Windwaker while watching TV is good times. Also gyroscope is really useful.

#26 Posted by joel_c17 (2798 posts) -

I will get a WiiU once mario cart and super smash bros comes out :) This gen im cutting back on the consoles im going to buy and will just stick to Ps4, WiiU and PC (along with both handhelds)

#27 Edited by SolidTy (41305 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@MonsieurX said:

@SolidTy said:

In general,it is.

Yeah, the difficulty does ramp up a bit, but compared to other Mario games it's relatively easy. Definitely one of the more family friendly titles in the series, but it's still lots of fun.

It's actually harder with 4 players (always got a few players that just aren't so good), but that's the only way I play it.

I'm on the last few worlds (7), but I only play it when everyone it together. Compared to Previous Mario games, its just Super easy, I'm collecting every stamp and star even...but it's fun. :)

#28 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12632 posts) -

So, is this like a support group or something?

#29 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@MonsieurX said:

@SolidTy said:

In general,it is.

It's actually harder with 4 players (always got a few players that just aren't so good), but that's the only way I play it.

I'm on the last few worlds (7), but I only play it when everyone it together. Compared to Previous Mario games, its just Super easy, I'm collecting every stamp and star even...but it's fun. :)

Oh yeah, its definitely more challenging with more players. There was one level in particular that seemed impossible with more than 1 player, it was one of the flip switch levels.

But man, if you're on world 7, you're about to see a bit of a difficulty spike. I don't want to spoil anything, but surprisingly enough, this game goes on for a while.

#30 Posted by SolidTy (41305 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@MonsieurX said:

@SolidTy said:

In general,it is.

Oh yeah, its definitely more challenging with more players. There was one level in particular that seemed impossible with more than 1 player, it was one of the flip switch levels.

But man, if you're on world 7, you're about to see a bit of a difficulty spike. I don't want to spoil anything, but surprisingly enough, this game goes on for a while.

Yeah, it's hard getting the band together, but I look forward to the spike you mentioned when we play it again in a few weeks.

#31 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -
#32 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, it's hard getting the band together, but I look forward to the spike you mentioned when we play it again in a few weeks.

I was in the same boat man, I could only get the group together every week or two.

Now let me be clear as I'd hate to mislead you to disappointment. The spike in difficulty is definitely just relative to the rest of the game. It gets tougher, but I still wouldn't say it gets legitimately hard outside of a few spots here and there.

#33 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3196 posts) -

With all the dumb fanboys here, you expect people that only like it to post here?

#34 Edited by AugustEvans (102 posts) -

The Wii U is junk and most SWers agree with me, so this thread is pointless.

#35 Edited by SolidTy (41305 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

I was in the same boat man, I could only get the group together every week or two.

Now let me be clear as I'd hate to mislead you to disappointment. The spike in difficulty is definitely just relative to the rest of the game. It gets tougher, but I still wouldn't say it gets legitimately hard outside of a few spots here and there.

O I C. Makes sense, I guess then I'll pretend there is no spike and whatever happens, happens, lol.

#36 Edited by AzatiS (6890 posts) -

@mrintro said:

Since getting my Wii U in November, I've been pretty happy with it. My favorite games so far are Super Mario 3D World and 1) Windwaker HD. At no point did I think this wasn't "next gen" or whatever. Actually, I really like the Gamepad and think it works really well (not gimmicky at all). I also think it's great that the Wii U has three choices of controller for games (Gamepad, Pro & nunchuck). 2)The graphics are also very good. I think this year's going to rock for the Wii U especially for games like 3)Smash, DK, and Mario Kart. How about you fellow Wii U owners?

1) Isnt sad that one of the two games you like more on Wii U after 2 years is a 2002 remake.... ?

2) Very good graphics compared to what ? PS3/X360 , 8-9 years old consoles? Because for a next-gen console its graphics are decent but nowhere near good.

3) Smash , DK and Mario kart. The same franchise over and over and over .. Is that the right way to keep people interested for another generation ? How many generations Nintendo thinks will sale massive amount of consoles with ZERO third party support while milking the shit out of 15-25 years old franchises?

4) Add the fact that Wii U lacking all the major ( most of even ) multiplatform games that even PC is getting...

5) with a fantastic price of 300$

And there you have it ... its Sonys fault!!

#37 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9190 posts) -

Ok why is this thread still not locked?

There is a Wii U board, so that all the people who want to talk exclusively about Nintendo and Wii U stuff can go and talk to each other. Why is this thread here?

I feel like the only reason they havent locked it yet its cuz they feel sorry for you WiiU guys (who honestly take alot of flack every day here, but thats the point of the game here anyways), but this shit would never fly is it was a PS4/PC/Xbox appreciation thread. They have dedicated boards for that.

#38 Posted by Life-is-a-Game (546 posts) -

I haven't bought a Ps4 yet but I'm planning to do that sometime this year (maybe in the summer). I have a WiiU/Ps3 console combo right now, and to my surprise, I actually bought some 3rd party games on the U not on Ps3 .. games like Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Rayman Legends, Assassin's creed 4, Splinter Cell run or look a bit better on the U compared to the Ps3, so I bought them for WiiU!! .. I still bought/buy 3rd party games - that didn't release on WiiU - for my Ps3 .. So this combo is great for me :)

1st party Nintendo games are solid so far, but I didn't find anything spectacular that can't be done on Wii .. Overall the system is solid .. Both the U gamepad and the U pro controller are solid and easy to handle .. The graphics are satisfying and I'm still waiting for a Metroid/Zelda game that will show us the real power of the U .. The games are solid and the line up for 2014 looks to be solid too .. If Nintendo can announce new information about Zelda/Metroid/Star Fox/F-Zero, then I will be very satisfied with the system ..

#39 Posted by bbkkristian (14644 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: so we can have a Sony appreciation thread that lasted for weeks, but not a Wii u appreciation thread?

#40 Posted by R4gn4r0k (15859 posts) -

I really like my WiiU. I use for exactly what I bought it for: Nintendo exclusives and sequels to great series that I've played on other Nintendo consoles and handhelds. Though some new IP would be nice and games from like Platinum games are very nice too.

I own ZombiU, Pikmin, Super Mario 3D World, NSMBU and Zelda the Wind Waker. I also bought some Wii games because I missed out on Wii. I didn't like the motion controls, in some cases (Super Mario Galaxy) they didn't bother me, in other cases (Skyward Sword) they annoyed me so much.

I recently finished NSMBU and it was so much fun. I think it'll be one of the few couch co-op games this I'll have so much fun with, also because online co-op is becoming the norm in games.

Very much looking forward Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart and SSB.

Haven't tried that yet, but the WiiU isn't as big as a PS4 or Xbone so it could work.

#41 Posted by R4gn4r0k (15859 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@mrintro said:

Since getting my Wii U in November, I've been pretty happy with it. My favorite games so far are Super Mario 3D World and 1) Windwaker HD. At no point did I think this wasn't "next gen" or whatever. Actually, I really like the Gamepad and think it works really well (not gimmicky at all). I also think it's great that the Wii U has three choices of controller for games (Gamepad, Pro & nunchuck). 2)The graphics are also very good. I think this year's going to rock for the Wii U especially for games like 3)Smash, DK, and Mario Kart. How about you fellow Wii U owners?

3) Smash , DK and Mario kart. The same franchise over and over and over .. Is that the right way to keep people interested for another generation ? How many generations Nintendo thinks will sale massive amount of consoles with ZERO third party support while milking the shit out of 15-25 years old franchises?

You're right. 5 Donkey Kong Country games in 20 years is milking the series way too much. Nintendo needs to slow down !

#42 Posted by m_machine024 (14831 posts) -

The system itself is really flawed but I sure will enjoy its games. :)

#43 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2638 posts) -

What the sheep section must be empty why come here. Is this like a wii u support group for gamers with a rubbish console. Hi my name is Bob and I am a wii u owner (cries tears). The other gamers make fun of me and Nintendo won't give me any games (more tears). I feel like have wasted my money but I can't say that so I am angry at the world (full on crying).

#44 Posted by Suppaman100 (3507 posts) -

So, is this like a support group or something?

Looks like it.

#45 Posted by Bigboi500 (28782 posts) -

Some of the users in this thread is surprising to see that they like the Wii U.

#46 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22091 posts) -

I want one cause its the cheapest and I never played a zelda or donkey kong game before. Oh and off screen gaming is pretty awesome. too bad importing one would be expensive with the customs

#47 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I want one cause its the cheapest and I never played a zelda or donkey kong game before. Oh and off screen gaming is pretty awesome. too bad importing one would be expensive with the customs

yea, I really like playing the game on the gamepad. it works really well!

#48 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17044 posts) -

I'm not promoting crap unless someone pays me. I have a Wii U. If Nintendo wants me to say anything more they'll need to send me a check.

#49 Posted by beerm_basic (2481 posts) -

Be getting a wiiu next month for my 31st bday off the wife :) looking forward to playing 3d world and wind waker hd

#50 Posted by Heil68 (42449 posts) -

Couldn't resist. :P