Thought Titanfall was tiny? Wait until you see Smash....

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Willy105 (24443 posts) -

2 v 2 matches!

It's 2014, and a new game is coming out with a maximum of 4 players in a single match.

How is this NOT an outrage?

Or maybe, the number doesn't actually matter? Maybe Titanfall being 6 v 6 is not a problem in the least, because the game is meant to be played 6 v 6. So could all this outrage possibly be really dumb?

#2 Posted by Heil68 (40489 posts) -

How many players have been in past games?

#3 Edited by sora16perfect (707 posts) -

This is almost as retarded as that thread about the guy selling his ps4 for a ps3. They're two completely different types of games, this makes no sense.

#4 Edited by naz99 (785 posts) -

What a dumbass smash has always been this and this is fighter not an fps *facepalm*

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (36422 posts) -

I see what you did there.

#6 Posted by PonchoTaco (1661 posts) -

Because Smash Bros is amazing.

#7 Edited by Sword-Demon (6599 posts) -

it's probably because that (adorable) puppy in the backround has some pretty intense AI..

Also, that's not a 2v2 match; it's a 4 player free-for-all

Side note: I didn't think the 3DS version would look so good. I'm impressed.

#8 Posted by Suppaman100 (2882 posts) -

Sarcasm meter is off the charts.

#9 Posted by Liquid_ (2055 posts) -

Insecure lems..

#10 Posted by Sushiglutton (5098 posts) -

There are fewer players in chess than in soccer.

#11 Edited by TwistedShade (2982 posts) -

Lol this thread blows. It's always been 2v2 or 4 play free for all, no reason to change the formula because it works.

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (52626 posts) -

Holy shit the 3DS version looks great

#13 Posted by ermacness (6977 posts) -

I notice that, in this thread, alot of people have broken sarcasm detectors.. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Edited by Joedgabe (4987 posts) -

uhmmm different game maybe ? I played MAG and yes player count does = a better game if it's done properly. I'm pretty sure you can easily make a 12 vs 12 games and get some options to make it a 6 vs 6 game if you want. I haven't played a FPS where a bigger player count hasn't made a better impact in the game.. if it doesn't matter just play toss the ball at shampoo bottles it's only 1 player count and should be a lot cheaper.

Just in my opinion though, SSB would be awesome with more players for the bigger maps.

#15 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

The issue with Titanfall is that it's 6v6 and there's going to be ai on both teams in standard games.

#16 Edited by DarkLink77 (31611 posts) -

Yeah, having a hard time believing that's from a handheld. Props to Nintendo.

#17 Posted by Heil68 (40489 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

That appears to be cell shaded? The WiiU game isn't, or is it?

#18 Posted by DarkLink77 (31611 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I don't think it is. The art looks good, though.

#19 Posted by Netret0120 (1535 posts) -

TC is silly!!!! Hahahahaha

Smash Bros is a FIGHTER. 4 players is more than enough.

A shooter having 12 players the size of Titanfall is pathetic

#20 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Super Smash Bros should have 256 player battles just like that great gem of last gen, MAG

#21 Posted by charizard1605 (52626 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I don't think it is. The art looks good, though.

The 3DS version is cell shaded, the Wii U one isn't, yeah.

But yeah, after Kid Icarus: Uprising, I shouldn't be surprised how well SSB 3DS really looks.

#22 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

This, I take back that power statement... lol

#23 Posted by Demonjoe93 (8948 posts) -

Isn't this kind of apples and oranges though?

#24 Posted by urbansys (227 posts) -

Easy answer is that it is not on PS4 and this is system wars...

#26 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28162 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Super Smash Bros should have 256 player battles just like that great gem of last gen, MAG

and won't be playable after 4 years.

#27 Posted by Desmonic (10346 posts) -

Lack of Doge on the background is Ninty once again missing a Golden opportunity! :P

#28 Posted by kraken2109 (12682 posts) -

How many threads do we need on this?

Especially when all the arguments are completely moronic. Are you seriously trying to compare SSB to a 'competitive' online fps?

#29 Edited by silversix_ (12546 posts) -

wow you're still on SW?

#30 Posted by Desmonic (10346 posts) -

Also, is it just me or does the fact that Link seems to be smaller than Pikachu bother anyone else? O.o?

#31 Posted by uninspiredcup (4719 posts) -

But super smash brothers is good.

#32 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (23659 posts) -

Lems just mad that they can't have Planetside 2 Numbers in Titanfall.

#33 Edited by tormentos (15298 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

2 v 2 matches!

It's 2014, and a new game is coming out with a maximum of 4 players in a single match.

Or maybe, the number doesn't actually matter? Maybe Titanfall being 6 v 6 is not a problem in the least, because the game is meant to be played 6 v 6. So could all this outrage possibly be really dumb?

I was thinking another damn new alter ego making crappy threads, but then i saw that you have 24,000+ post and i was like.???????????????????????????

Dude since when a fighting game and a FPS are the same..?

#34 Posted by silversix_ (12546 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

2 v 2 matches!

I was thinking another damn new alter ego making crappy threads, but then i saw that you have 24,000+ post and i was like.???????????????????????????

He used to be sheep defense force before Wii meltdown in ~09.

#35 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (15952 posts) -

6 vs 6 max in a FPS = LOL Material all day long.

2 vs 2 in a fighter = great number of players.

#36 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2178 posts) -

Some of the responses in this thread are mind blowing. Do you people know what sarcasm is? There really are some dumb people is System Wars.

#37 Posted by Willy105 (24443 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Willy105 said:

2 v 2 matches!

He used to be sheep defense force

Used to be?

#38 Edited by Gue1 (8085 posts) -

totally different genres. In fact, having more characters in Smash would only create a major clusterfuck and ruin the game.

#39 Posted by Gifye (166 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

2 v 2 matches!

His thread makes more sense than those complaining about titanfall's player count. Since when do all FPS games have to be the same?

#40 Edited by Quaker-w00ts (1572 posts) -

How am I supposed to play on that map look at that dog. Adorable

Hasn't Smash always had small games?

#41 Edited by tormentos (15298 posts) -

@Gifye said:

His thread makes more sense than those complaining about titanfall's player count. Since when do all FPS games have to be the same?

They don't have to.

But how many online fighting games are 6 vs 6.?

How many are 3 vs 3.

The comparison was silly,on Titanfall i have been saying for a long time that this game is COD with Robots,and guess what alto COD support more than 12 players in some mods,most mods are 6 vs 6,This game is COD with robots high jumps and wall walks..

#42 Posted by Gifye (166 posts) -

@Gifye said:

They don't have to.

But how many online fighting games are 6 vs 6.?

How many are 3 vs 3.

The comparison was silly,on Titanfall i have been saying for a long time that this game is COD with Robots,and guess what alto COD support more than 12 players in some mods,most mods are 6 vs 6,This game is COD with robots high jumps and wall walks..

Gran turismo is call of duty with cars

#43 Edited by Jankarcop (8016 posts) -

I thought next gen consoles would change things w/ their tiny arena shooters...

guess not. lol titainfail

#44 Edited by silversix_ (12546 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

@silversix_ said:

@tormentos said:

@Willy105 said:

2 v 2 matches!

He used to be sheep defense force

Used to be?

well i don't see your ass on SW making threads lol unless you post in Nintendo section

#45 Posted by PsychoLemons (1696 posts) -

@treedoor said:

MAG is a "great gem" now?

#46 Posted by trugs26 (4650 posts) -

Yeah. The 6v6 outrage is stupid. People can't judge right now. For all we know, it could actually be by design.

Wait until reviews come out or when you get to play it for yourself, then you can decide if it was a cop out or not.

#47 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1586 posts) -

Thread backfire.

#48 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

The Thread did not backfire, the people responding to it did. It isn't the GENRE that defines how many players are going to be in a game, it is the DESIGN of a game that defines it. You could have 6 player brawler games and it could feel totally normal, or you could have 1/3 that many and it would also feel totally normal. Same goes for FPS. You can have 36 player matches, or you can have 1/3 that amount and it would be completely fine. Don't be foolish and think that these guys designed a game for 20+ players and randomly decided on 12.

A map in a multiplayer game is designed to handle a specific amount of people and the developers of Titanfall chose to go with 12. It is small enough that you will have an intimate team-based experience, but large enough that no one person is going to define a match. There is nothing wrong with 6v6. Heck, L4D2 only has 4v4.

I don't really know why people are complaining....actually I do. They have preconceived notions that FPS games have to have huge amounts of people playing at any given time. The truth is that some of the most competitive games ever created have 10 or less players.

#49 Edited by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

I notice that, in this thread, alot of people have broken sarcasm detectors.. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless the point he's trying to make is the same, which is why it fails.

#50 Posted by lundy86_4 (41653 posts) -

Oh my, i'm shocked how many people fell for this lol.