This place is neogaf lite.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -

So I go to neogaf to browse for a bit, then here. Only to find out the majority of topics are copy and pasted staright from neogaf. What are all of you just trolls that got banned from neogaf?

#2 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

This thread was also copy and pasted from neogaf

#3 Edited by KBFloYd (13682 posts) -

@FPSfan1985 said:

So I go to neogaf to browse for a bit, then here. Only to find out the majority of topics are copy and pasted staright from neogaf. What are all of you just trolls that got banned from neogaf?

first rule of system wars is you do not speak of neogaf

2nd rule of system wars... you do not speak of neogaf

#4 Edited by bobbetybob (19276 posts) -

I tried to register for Neogaf once but apparently my email address's aren't good enough for them so fuck it.

Oh also this thread is silly, of course a lot of the topics will be the same when you're talking about gaming news.

#5 Posted by Couth_ (10128 posts) -

System wars is the derp version of neogaf

#6 Posted by mems_1224 (47149 posts) -

lol ill take this cesspool over the pretentious doucheyness of neogaf.

#7 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -
@Couth_ said:

It really is. Neogaf still has real debate and discussion. SW has turned into trolls trolling trolls. WTF happened to this place.

#8 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

Well yes. Neogaf is a site where a lot of people that work in the industry and around the industry post. It's also a web forum that enjoys probably 200x the traffic that GS forums get. As a function of the higher membership, higher traffic, and individuals closer to the industry, stories related to gaming more often than not get posted there or at Reddit sooner than they are here. And they're usually stories worth talking about, so they get cross-posted here. Hell, sometimes stories are created AT neogaf, then they make their way to websites like IGN and Gamespot. A lot of the controversial statements made by Albert Pinella (sp?) were made when he was posting at NeoGAF claiming that the Xbox One may in fact be more powerful than the PS4. That made its rounds around the internet and major gaming new sites.

That's how SW has always been and always will be. And every other website other than Reddit. Now it's not like SW doesn't have it's own unique and random topics and discussions...but big news and big threads tend to have stories that started somewhere else.

@FPSfan1985 said:
@Couth_ said:

It really is. Neogaf still has real debate and discussion. SW has turned into trolls trolling trolls. WTF happened to this place.

"turned into". LOL

as if System Wars was anything more than derp and trolling. It, by nature, tends to attract the intellectually dishonest and the insecure. I only post here because of good memories from years ago. I definitely don't post here for the high-quality conversation and worthwhile debate. But you could probably tell I'm not your typical System Warrior. I'm well past that kinda silliness.

#9 Posted by Big_Pecks (5317 posts) -

It also functions better too. Go figure.

#10 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

this is where you come when you want someone to shit on your happiness.

#11 Edited by Jankarcop (9533 posts) -

Atleast its not Stormfront Light

#12 Posted by bobbetybob (19276 posts) -
@FPSfan1985 said:
@Couth_ said:

I actually find Neogaf pretty bad as well from what I've read it's just a different kind of bad. One of the biggest annoyances I see there is how fucking negative people are CONSTANTLY, I swear to God 90% of the posts in threads are either mocking the console/game in question or complaining about it.

#13 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@FPSfan1985 said:

It's been like that for a VERY long time. I noticed it too when I registered over there in February

#14 Edited by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Nah. If this place was neogaf lite everyone would be posting nothing but stupid puns/moronic gifs and whining about every little thing.

#15 Posted by Speak_Low (1094 posts) -

@FPSfan1985 said:

I noticed this too, and many times they don't even bother crediting NeoGaf or adding they're own two cents in the original post. Just straight up copy & paste.

I don't have a GAF account, but I go back and forth and notice a lot of "borrowed" topics and posts.

#16 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@FPSfan1985 said:
@Couth_ said:

It really is. Neogaf still has real debate and discussion. .

Have you ever though of seeing a doctor? Not all threads are from gaf (mostly mine)

#17 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9767 posts) -

Never been to NeoGaff, but since you guys say is pretty much the same in content as SW, might as well just stay here.

#18 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

Well yes. Neogaf is a site where a lot of people that work in the industry and around the industry post. It's also a web forum that enjoys probably 200x the traffic that GS forums get. As a function of the higher membership, higher traffic, and individuals closer to the industry, stories related to gaming more often than not get posted there or at Reddit sooner than they are here. And they're usually stories worth talking about, so they get cross-posted here. Hell, sometimes stories are created AT neogaf, then they make their way to websites like IGN and Gamespot. A lot of the controversial statements made by Albert Pinella (sp?) were made when he was posting at NeoGAF claiming that the Xbox One may in fact be more powerful than the PS4. That made its rounds around the internet and major gaming new sites.

That's how SW has always been and always will be. And every other website other than Reddit. Now it's not like SW doesn't have it's own unique and random topics and discussions...but big news and big threads tend to have stories that started somewhere else.

@FPSfan1985 said:
@Couth_ said:

"turned into". LOL

as if System Wars was anything more than derp and trolling. It, by nature, tends to attract the intellectually dishonest and the insecure. I only post here because of good memories from years ago. I definitely don't post here for the high-quality conversation and worthwhile debate. But you could probably tell I'm not your typical System Warrior. I'm well past that kinda silliness.

Wasn't always full of trolls and fake boys. That didn't start until midway through the 360/PS3 era.