This is the way to determine who is winning the generation.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Caseytappy said:

@AzatiS said:

Sales makes winners sadly.

That´s a goal post Cows tried to move almost a whole generation ........until this new one started that is .

Its reality. Wii won last gen by far . Now that Ps4 is ahead ...sales dont matter ? Really ?

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
@AzatiS said:

@Caseytappy said:

@AzatiS said:

That´s a goal post Cows tried to move almost a whole generation ........until this new one started that is .

Its reality. Wii won last gen by far . Now that Ps4 is ahead ...sales dont matter ? Really ?

Any fanboy is going to tout sales as long as the numbers are in their favor. That's the reality.

The only thing the Wii and the PS4 have both demonstrated is that you can sell the hell out of a system with little content. It's true. I don't feel that the Wii's strongest point was it's library. Most people I know who owned the system enjoyed it for it's incredibly user-friendly interface and it's services (Weather/Forecast Channel, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Video, News Channel, Internet Channel, Wii Ware, etc). While most of my PS4 buddies spent most of the year killing time with COD/BF4 or playing through TLOU again while waiting for those software-floodgates to open.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Micropixel said:
@AzatiS said:

@Caseytappy said:

@AzatiS said:

Any fanboy is going to tout sales as long as the numbers are in their favor. That's the reality.

The only thing the Wii and the PS4 have both demonstrated is that you can sell the hell out of a system with little content. It's true. I don't feel that the Wii's strongest point was it's library. Most people I know who owned the system enjoyed it for it's incredibly user-friendly interface and it's services (Weather/Forecast Channel, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Video, News Channel, Internet Channel, Wii Ware, etc). While most of my PS4 buddies spent most of the year killing time with COD/BF4 or playing through TLOU again while waiting for those software-floodgates to open.

Sales make winners , what is so difficult to understand ?

Wii won last gen , period. Does that mean was the best system when it came to total games, 3rd party support, online etc. .. no not even close. I despite that system more than anything. It bring gaming to super lows imho and if it wasnt for those amazing Nintendo 1st party titles , would have been my worst console ever.

That doesnt mean ill bypass the fact that won last generation. Sadly , we like it or not , thats what considered as a winner since forever in console wars. Period.

The only people i knew that bought Wii in real life were my little cousins while most of my friends bought it because it was a very cheap console compared to PS3 ( 299 vs 599 euros at that time ) with a " new " way to play. Nothing else. Noone cared about interfaces or services. Literally zero. Nor they care about such things now . So let me doubt your friends bought a Wii/Wii U because of those reasons. Most likely bought the systems because of its price OR/AND 1st party Nintendo titles. Every other reason ... is a nono.

Why is so bad to play a COD game or BF4 , Infamous or Killzone or TLOU compared to Kart for example ? Arent those some decent/good/great games to play with ? Only Kart is ? Or do you think when PS4 hits 2 years in the market like Wii U has wont offer great exclusives to play with ? ...

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

best games part is always a rocky thing. there is still no subjective way to score a game. i thought the best way was the weighted scores of the old gs, but thats gone and all i look forward to in a review is when the reviewer talks about facts like if a game has smooth frame rate, are the controls and game mechanics polished and function properly. no one can interpret a game if its fun for me but me