This 11.5 teraflops R9 295X2 smokes PS4 and X One

• 87 results
#1 Edited by Kjranu (767 posts) -

It's ridiculous that we already have video cards over 10 teraflops. What will we see in 2020? Will 20, 30 or even 40 teraflops of computing power become the standard? The consoles are going to look like they time traveled from the stone age by 2020.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r9/295x2#

#2 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (435 posts) -

Now lets get developers to use those cards. My 770 I know can pump out more then it is in most games. Lately Nvidia did a major driver update that improved me a decent amount in a lot of games I play but I think we all know more juice can be squeezed. It will be awesome too see where tech takes us though. It's moving at a crazy rate and the future is only going to get crazier.

#3 Posted by thehig1 (826 posts) -

I'd love to get that card, buts it's not cheap and I'd also need a new psu.

My psu is 750w but it's not high quality it only peaks at 750w. So it can handle my modest 7850 but will blow up trying to power the r9

#4 Posted by Gamerno66666 (161 posts) -

Lol $1500 it better be crushing them.

#5 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5884 posts) -

For the price of this card, would you expect anything else?

#6 Posted by Netret0120 (1886 posts) -

PS4 costs $400. This costs $1500. Yeah I wonder why it outperforms them both:-\

#7 Posted by Postosuchus (129 posts) -

Same. TC if you wanted to complain about about the consoles' gpus you should have brought up the more modestly priced R9 270 or 760. This abomination is $500 more than last series' dual gpus.

#8 Posted by -CC- (1888 posts) -

Great deal. All that for only 1500. Of course you would still need a PSU, HDD, RAM, MOBO, OS, CPU,CASE just to get it to turn on. But think of how big your epeen will be as you brag on forums about how many FPS you are getting.

#9 Posted by Kjranu (767 posts) -

@-CC- said:

Great deal. All that for only 1500. Of course you would still need a PSU, HDD, RAM, MOBO, OS, CPU,CASE just to get it to turn on. But think of how big your epeen will be as you brag on forums about how many FPS you are getting.

If you don't already have those in this day and age then ... it's time for ya to get out of the stone age.

#10 Edited by Dilrod (4233 posts) -

Even if you had them @Kjranu it is 3-4 times the cost of the consoles alone just for the card. This comparison is idiotic and childish at best.

#11 Posted by -CC- (1888 posts) -

@Kjranu: Ya I have all those things just like everyone else. Of course putting this card in anything but a top of the line system would be a waste so that means Id have to update all but the case I guess. At that point 1080P would become the waste so lets add 600+ for a 4K monitor also. Dont forget the DDR4 ram and mobos coming soon. Comparing a complete console at $400 to one piece of a system at 1500 is stupid.

#12 Posted by aroxx_ab (9122 posts) -

To bad for hermits you can get better enjoyment from a $400 console

#13 Edited by stereointegrity (10677 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

It's ridiculous that we already have video cards over 10 teraflops. What will we see in 2020? Will 20, 30 or even 40 teraflops of computing power become the standard? The consoles are going to look like they time traveled from the stone age by 2020.

#14 Posted by JohnF111 (14008 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

Almost what I was going to say but you put it better.

#15 Edited by cablemodemx2 (800 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

To bad for hermits you can get better enjoyment from a $400 console

Enjoyment is a very individual thing. To make a blanket statement about getting 'better enjoyment' from a $400 console is somewhat ignorant. I mean, I enjoy the games that I play on my PS4, but as well the same can be said of those that I play on the PC. I cannot say that either really stands out as better, both are rather enjoyable.

#16 Posted by Jacobistheman (3975 posts) -

And you could most likely buy both a PS4 and an Xbox One and a few games for each for the price of that card.

Sure consoles will probably get out of date, but they always do, but game makers can't plan on the fact that everyone has the latest technology so they can't do anything really impressive. Sure, I game in 1440p with 16x anti aliasing because I have some really good cards, but the games really don't look that much different than my Xbox One or PS4 (and even the 360 or PS3 for that matter)

#17 Posted by lostrib (31519 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

#18 Edited by MK-Professor (3633 posts) -

Two r9 290 OC could do close to 11 teraflops for half the price.

That is 10 times the power of the xbox1 GPU LOL. In 2 years a 10 FLOPS GPU could be considered mid range, the future of ps4/X1 looks bleak.

#19 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

I'm sure it runs tlou and gta5 splendidly.

Oh wait

#20 Edited by Gue1 (9114 posts) -

for the low price of both consoles combined. Then 2 weeks later another more powerful card... And at the end devs can't even use it because they would be alienating a shit ton of players. 0_O

#21 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Can you buy it for less then $500? If not then who gives a crap.

#22 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2345 posts) -

Oh wait

The PS4 runs neither of those games.

#23 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10024 posts) -
#24 Posted by melonfarmerz (1009 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Oh wait

The PS4 runs neither of those games.

lol

#25 Posted by blackace (19718 posts) -

Yeah, no kidding. Never understand why hermits keep comparing new GPU cards to game consoles that can't upgrade their cards. lol!! It's just a dumb comparison. What's worse, is many developer don't even utilize the full potential of the new cards because there is no Standard on PC, so they have to make sure the game is more available to the average PC gaming specs.

#26 Posted by Heirren (15970 posts) -

Yeah, PS4 and Xbox should have been more powerful. I agree they are underpowered. Why this videocard doesn't matter much is that I simply see the game design itself to still cater to consoles.

#27 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: :-\ I'm stating that the r9 must run them great.

Oh wait..

Not sure what you're mad about.

#28 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13704 posts) -

I wouldn't spend that much money for a dual gpu video card to play games. The value of these get cut in half each year because of their overpriced performance. It's for enthusiasts who want a bigger e-peen.

Just get a GTX 770 or an R9 280x and enjoy your 1080p ultra settings games.

#29 Posted by JAZ_0 (7 posts) -

That 295x power wont mean much when this is the alleged specs of the R9 300 series... Also Known as Pirate Islands. The 300 series is an entirely new generation of the GCN architecture. So... I wouldnt waste my cash on it when it's on it's way out... Even if it is 11 teraflops.

GPUCodenameCoreStream Processors*Texture Units*ROPs*Core Clock*Memory Clock*Memory Bandwidth*
R9 370XTreasure IslandTreasure Island XTX15369648~900Mhz~5Ghz256Bit
R9 380XFijiFiji XTX307219272~900Mhz~6Ghz384Bit
R9 390XBermudaBermuda XTX422426496~1000Mhz~7Ghz512Bit
#30 Edited by Spartan070 (16307 posts) -

#31 Edited by clyde46 (43516 posts) -

But thats not a Titan Z OP.

#32 Posted by Wasdie (49313 posts) -

I would hope a 5x more expensive GPU than a PS4 is more powerful.

#33 Posted by Silent-Assasin7 (1495 posts) -

Yeah but specs and power only matter if it's a minor resolution difference between PS4 and XBO.

#34 Edited by Pray_to_me (2735 posts) -

Actually PS4 will shit on this card. Why? Because the PS4 will play games. This card won't do shit. Plug this shit into the wall and it will just make a fart noise. It's only one component of a platform called "PC". A platform that as of now only plays upprezzed 360 ports.

So feel bad and cry moar. Maybe play some Fez or World of Warcraft. Maybe use that $1500 to get some liposuction.

#35 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (988 posts) -

Cool, let me know how GTA5 looks on it, and red dead redemption, and metal gear solid 4, and mario galaxy, and the last of us.....oh wait lol

let me know how garbage truck simulator looks on that HAHAHAHAHAHA

#36 Posted by lostrib (31519 posts) -

Cool, let me know how GTA5 looks on it, and red dead redemption, and metal gear solid 4, and mario galaxy, and the last of us.....oh wait lol

Hey let me know what BF4 at 60fps/1080p looks like on PS4...oh wait

#37 Posted by 04dcarraher (18943 posts) -

Actually PS4 will shit on this card. Why? Because the PS4 will play games. This card won't do shit. Plug this shit into the wall and it will just make a fart noise. It's only one component of a platform called "PC". A platform that as of now only plays upprezzed 360 ports.

So feel bad and cry moar. Maybe play some Fez or World of Warcraft. Maybe use that $1500 to get some liposuction.

U just mad that PS4 is weak sauce.... that a gpu that was nearly two years old when the PS4 was released was over 2x faster how sad. Go cry some more

#38 Posted by 04dcarraher (18943 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Also let us know how red dead, GTA 5, MGS 4, and mario galaxy looks on the PS4 Oh wait

#39 Edited by Pray_to_me (2735 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

LMFAO!

Yeah Hermits let us know how that fuckin WoW expansion pack runs. The one with the fuckin' pandas LoL!

#40 Edited by Pray_to_me (2735 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

U just mad that PS4 is weak sauce.... that a gpu that was nearly two years old when the PS4 was released was over 2x faster how sad. Go cry some more

And yet your best looking games are ports from a console that came out in 2005 LOL! Aww how sad. I'll take you out to dinner next time baby, feel that love inside you.

#41 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (988 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

yes pixels make a game so much more fun. " hey look an extra blade of grass in the corner, this makes it 10x more fun!!!""

lol my comment still stands. all those games i mentioned are console exclusives.

#42 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (988 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

LMFAO!

Yeah Hermits let us know how that fuckin WoW expansion pack runs. The one with the fuckin' pandas LoL!

LOL I know they are pathetic, btw love your name and avatar.

#43 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3739 posts) -
@jaz_0 said:

That 295x power wont mean much when this is the alleged specs of the R9 300 series... Also Known as Pirate Islands. The 300 series is an entirely new generation of the GCN architecture. So... I wouldnt waste my cash on it when it's on it's way out... Even if it is 11 teraflops.

GPUCodenameCoreStream Processors*Texture Units*ROPs*Core Clock*Memory Clock*Memory Bandwidth*
R9 370XTreasure IslandTreasure Island XTX15369648~900Mhz~5Ghz256Bit
R9 380XFijiFiji XTX307219272~900Mhz~6Ghz384Bit
R9 390XBermudaBermuda XTX422426496~1000Mhz~7Ghz512Bit

cool post man. cheers.

would be cool if one of the codenames was 'Pen Island'

#44 Edited by 04dcarraher (18943 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

LMFAO!

LOL I know they are pathetic, btw love your name and avatar.

..... let us know how red dead, GTA 5, MGS 4, and mario galaxy looks on the PS4 Oh wait

#45 Edited by lostrib (31519 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

yes pixels make a game so much more fun. " hey look an extra blade of grass in the corner, this makes it 10x more fun!!!""

lol my comment still stands. all those games i mentioned are console exclusives.

Actually, both better graphics and framerate make it more enjoyable for MP FPS

#46 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5458 posts) -

You can buy both PS4 & XB1 plus games for that price... Ridiculous. You can have it.

#47 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (988 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

on ps4 its 60 fps/900p, and it looks incredible. especially on my 55 inch sony tv. and since consoles are way more fun I win.

#48 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

R9? My R1 smokes your ass.

#49 Posted by lostrib (31519 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

on ps4 its 60 fps/900p, and it looks incredible. especially on my 55 inch sony tv. and since consoles are way more fun I win.

Lol, no it isn't

#50 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (988 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Lol, no it isn't

It SOOOO is. thats why more people play on consoles. Something about mouse and keyboard turns me off.