Thinking about trading in my Xbone for a PS4...

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

While I definitely believe PS4 is the much better system, leaving your friends behind might not be the best thing. Just save up for awhile and get a PS4 too. Then you can play with your friends AND have the better system.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@XboxStache said:

Another...thread...created...by....THE....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULANCEEEEEEEEEEE....WAHHHHHHHHHHH...

Seriously, this has troll written all over it. Unless you're really stupid enough to let others form an opinion for yourself. lol. You're trolling right...right...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Ya.

You never let anyone help you make decisions? I'm guessing not.

On topic: Yes. :D

No. Why would I let someone make a decision with what comes out my wallet?\

Seriously? You never check consumer reviews on products to see the positives and negatives? That seems foolhardy particularly with big ticket items.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SpideR_CentS said:

Please read below before responding.

So I am torn here. I have 6+ real life friends that have an Xbox One and a few online ones as well. This is the biggest reason I want to keep the Xbone. I have been frustrated with the Xbone already with party chat issues and small things like that. I know those will all get fixed overtime. Say what you want, but Microsoft always fixes issues with patches. Titanfall is also dope. I will mostly play 3rd party games, each system has exclusives I want.

Now here's the thing, I have a feeling PS4 will continue to have smoother running, better looking games the entire gen. Last gen the PS3 was a pain to program for and most multiplatform games looked and/or proformed better on the 360. While PS3's exclusives looked better than the 360's. I really think the PS4 is more the console I want. It just seems to be what I am looking for. Now I can trade my XBone in right now and get a PS4 (+$18). This is probably the last chance I will have to do an even swap.

So I guess this is more a gaming in general question than a system wars question. Do I leave my friends behind if they don't want to switch over and do what I want? Or will leaving my buddies behind lead to me being bored as ____ on the other console? I should note while we do play together, it's not like I game daily or anything like that.

What do ya'll think?

I don't let my friends dictate what consoles I own, it's a variable, yes...but no way would I let them decide what car, console, hat, or books I buy. I would get what you want, and you know what, maybe some will get one with you. Be a leader, not a follower and maybe you'll attract some followers.

Besides, you could always just buy the PS4 and keep the Xbone. I have both and 50% of my 360 friends still have a 360. The other 45% got a PS4, a few of them got a PS4/Xbone combo, and only of them went with Xbone this generation. He doesn't have a lot money and he was banking on the Xbone being different than it is. He hates TV completely, he paid top dollar for a game machine and he doesn't even like Shooters like GeoW, Halo, or Titanfall. He basically bought it with the assumption it would be better multiplats like last gen, but it didn't work out that way.

My Xbone is for exclusives only and my PS4 is for exclusives and multiplats. That's not even counting my Wii U and PCs.Do what you got to do man.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SolidTy
@cainetao11 said:

Sounds to me the smooth running and technical issues mean a lot to you. I would say get PS4 then. But if that's really important to you and you play a lot of 3rd party, then PC would be best. Still, I'm sure you'll make friends online on the PS4.

I have four gaming PCs, one is a rig that I adore but I never recommend people game on PC because of DRM and the fact is you can't sell, trade, lend out, borrow PC games. That's a huge hit right there, which is why my gaming PCs are only for exclusives like Path of Exile or Starcraft. I will get multiplats if they are pennies on the dollar, but as a collector I prefer owning the retail copies of my Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 games.

If smooth running and technical issues mean a lot to you, and you are willing to give up consumer rights like selling, borrowing, and lending games, I think PC is amazing...but that OWNERSHIP caveat is a huge one for me. That said, just like last generation and the generation before that, I would go with the best smooth running and technical console version I can get so I can choose to sell it if it sucks, or if my friends want to borrow it. That meant 80% of the multiplats were for 360 last generation (I actually slowed down after my fourth RROD), and it looks early to say now, but probably PS4 for multiplats this generation.

I wish PC gaming had a fantastic "ownership" option for the millions of gamers like me, because then it would truly be a no brainer, but I finish games and sometimes I like to gift them or sell them if they aren't as good as I wanted (something I can't do on PC). Plus, having a neat collection is part of the fun for me, something I can pass off to my wife/kids/family/friends.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@SolidTy:

I'm exactly the same way. While I have an amazing PC rig, I still buy a lot of multiplats on console just for the ownership of it. I mainly use my PC for exclusives like Starcraft and Path of Exile, but multiplats often come down to which console version is better because I want ownership and I collect. I do often get a console version and a PC version for games I really like.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

yes do it. ps4 is the better system.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Probably never had a Xbox1.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SolidTy

@Newhopes said:

Probably never had a Xbox1.

The TC has been a pretty huge Xbox supporter over the many years, I think it's likely he does have an Xbone based on his years of Xbrand support, to be honest.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
@noodlevixen said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I think you can always save up and have both.

I recommend this. It's what I'm going to do.

Yeah same here... When Halo 5 comes out I won't be able to resist!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SolidTy
@arkephonic said:

@SolidTy:

I'm exactly the same way. While I have an amazing PC rig, I still buy a lot of multiplats on console just for the ownership of it. I mainly use my PC for exclusives like Starcraft and Path of Exile, but multiplats often come down to which console version is better because I want ownership and I collect. I do often get a console version and a PC version for games I really like.

Right on!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts

well, since you have friends with an X1 that's reason to keep it, just save up for a PS4 instead

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

As others said, save up and get both. It's not an either/or proposition. Neither console has come into their own yet honestly.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#63 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

As others said, save up and get both. It's not an either/or proposition. Neither console has come into their own yet honestly.

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

@SpideR_CentS said:

Please read below before responding.

So I am torn here. I have 6+ real life friends that have an Xbox One and a few online ones as well. This is the biggest reason I want to keep the Xbone. I have been frustrated with the Xbone already with party chat issues and small things like that. I know those will all get fixed overtime. Say what you want, but Microsoft always fixes issues with patches. Titanfall is also dope. I will mostly play 3rd party games, each system has exclusives I want.

Now here's the thing, I have a feeling PS4 will continue to have smoother running, better looking games the entire gen. Last gen the PS3 was a pain to program for and most multiplatform games looked and/or proformed better on the 360. While PS3's exclusives looked better than the 360's. I really think the PS4 is more the console I want. It just seems to be what I am looking for. Now I can trade my XBone in right now and get a PS4 (+$18). This is probably the last chance I will have to do an even swap.

So I guess this is more a gaming in general question than a system wars question. Do I leave my friends behind if they don't want to switch over and do what I want? Or will leaving my buddies behind lead to me being bored as ____ on the other console? I should note while we do play together, it's not like I game daily or anything like that.

What do ya'll think?

PS4 is the superior system and xbox one is a complete joke and that will left with no games.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Hmmm playing with your freinds or getting "the better graphic version" ... cmon ..... friends obviously, ignore the stupid cows.

Just wait and save up for a PS4 for its exclusives... whenever that happens.

here's the answer right here^^

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Get the ps4. You can always get new friends.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

It's not worth it having to suffer inferior multiplats so you can play with friends. Trade it in, it's almost guarantee your friends will eventually by a PS4 down the road.

build a pc if its all about multiplats

ps4 has no advantage, xbox has the better games and pc has the best multiplats.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

No offence, seems pretty dumb to buy a console in the launch period and then start trading up this early.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#69 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@SolidTy: recently found out a belated 40 th birthday gift may be an alienware laptop. I guess PC gaming for me will increase if so. It is a bit of a pain to not have options to sell, lend, borrow, but I go with steam anyway so I have obviously accepted it. I prefer Xbox but if someone asks an honest question I try to give advice based on what they prefer. And PS4 seems to be the choice for TC, huh?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XboxStache said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@XboxStache said:

Another...thread...created...by....THE....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULANCEEEEEEEEEEE....WAHHHHHHHHHHH...

Seriously, this has troll written all over it. Unless you're really stupid enough to let others form an opinion for yourself. lol. You're trolling right...right...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Ya.

You never let anyone help you make decisions? I'm guessing not.

On topic: Yes. :D

No. Why would I let someone make a decision with what comes out my wallet?\

Seriously? You never check consumer reviews on products to see the positives and negatives? That seems foolhardy particularly with big ticket items.

Reading reviews about games and electronics is totally different than asking someone an opinion on swapping a console for another console.

I'd read a review to get a general idea of what to expect from the product.

Did you honestly read reviews about the X1 or PS4 before purchase? If so Lmao.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy: recently found out a belated 40 th birthday gift may be an alienware laptop. I guess PC gaming for me will increase if so. It is a bit of a pain to not have options to sell, lend, borrow, but I go with steam anyway so I have obviously accepted it. I prefer Xbox but if someone asks an honest question I try to give advice based on what they prefer. And PS4 seems to be the choice for TC, huh?

I don't know what the TC will do, he has been with Xbox a long time as I remember him for years. I would have thought after Xbox and Xbox 360 gaming all these years he would be happy with Xbone. I just wanted to explain why some people that are into performance would shy away from PC gaming due to DRM, besides the higher build price of course. When you eliminate the DRM, it boils down to which console for multiplats like last gen and the gen before. I remember buying a bunch of multiplats on Xbox back in the day, and I definitely did the majority for 360 years later. It will be strange this generation for me at least.

With regards to what the TC should buy between either Xbone or PS4, I can only say both of my new machines hardly get touched as I'm still playing games on PS360 and occasionally PC/Wii U/handhelds. I know the launch period is tough every generation, so I'm always in a pickle in what to recommend to others and try to refrain other than for them to go with whatever pleases them. No matter what I recommend, there will be holes in the library being they are so new...it's a toughie.

As far as accepting Steam: I have hundreds of PC games on Steam, Blizzard, Origin, GOG, etc...but I paid pennies on the dollar for every single one. To me, not being able to lend or trade my favorite games to family just really irks me, but I know others don't have that hang up. It's the same reason I avoid buying DD games on consoles when their is a retail option, although I have hundreds of those DD only games on XBLA too that I also got on sale.

I don't know his finances, but if he could swing it, buying both is what I would do, because that's what I did, but I have friends that don't have the money and trade in, so it's a tough call. He probably shouldn't have bought so early to be honest if he's feeling buying remorse. Especially knowing after a console launch E3 is right around the corner. I just wanted to point out really that the PC isn't the end all be all when comparing to Xbone/PS4/Wii U because mainly that DRM, not to mention some multiplats never visit PC, and the asking price for the upgrades every few years can cost a pretty penny. For me the main thing is DRM though, ownership is a tough thing to give up for some ultra high textures and frame rate boosts. I'll take the second best version of multiplats on whatever machine if I can own it, just my two cents, lol.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#72 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

@Gue1 said:

TC bought an Xbone.... LooooL

At least there's Titanfall to comfort you. XD

I didn't buy it. It was a gift. So... yeah, And Titanfall is pretty dope. More looking down the road.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@noodlevixen said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I think you can always save up and have both.

I recommend this. It's what I'm going to do.

If possible yes. Just did this, don't regret it a bit. If you can only have one though, always let the games decide. Especially the exclusives, even though there are fewer great exclusives this gen due to the "age of the multiplat," if there are more than a couple must-have exclusives on one console, choose that one.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Trade it and make your friends do the same. Open their eyes and show them ps4 glory. They will be very thankful. I did this with one of my friends who used to hate PS3 and now owns a PS4 and isn't looking back.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@Jacobistheman:

Notice how you say "Right Now". Xbox consoles have always only been good for the short term though with the Playstation being the better long term investment. Sony could have had a much better next gen library. The just don't have the games yet because they didn't starve their consumer base for three to four years to do it with.

Must we forget Halogearsforza? Sony had more exclusives in 2013 alone then M$ has had in three or four years put together. It's just funny to me that lems define the PS4 as a console with no games when the Playstation brand has had so many. Why is that supposed to change all of a sudden?

Further more, Microsoft doesn't currently have much more than single title exclusive deals with third party companies. In 2015 or 2016, is anybody going to even care that Titanfall and Dead Rising we're exclusive in 2013 and 2014?

I said right now because I can't see the future (even though there are no indications that Sony should pass Microsoft in terms of game quality). I am sure that Microsoft will announce plenty of exclusive 3rd party deals in the coming months.

If Sony can't release good games at launch to avoid "starving their consumer base" than they are going to have issues all gen.

Why would you sell the console with the better games for a console that you hope will have better games? If it does end up with better games in a year or two (and that is a huge if), you are better off buying it in a year or two once the kinks are worked out and it is cheaper.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

If you want a PS4 instead than sure sell your Xbox One. Be happy get whatever console you want.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@Jacobistheman:

Lol@you guys who honestly think Sony will go two years without releasing any good exclusives. Do you think Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Level-5, Polyphony, Evolution, Sucker Punch, SCE Japan, guerrilla, Sanzaru, Quantic Dream, incognito, thatgamecompany and others just bowed out and retired entirely from the game industry? Lol, I bet you wish they did, but they're making games. Microsoft could only dream of a lineup that good. There won't be no 2 year wait. Infamous and MLB The Show are right around the corner.

Not to mention, PS4 gets the superior version of every multiplatform game. Even if the PS4 had zero exclusives coming out, it'd still be the best system due to having the best versions of multiplats which compromise 90% of the library or more of both Xbox One and Ps4.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#78  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

So you expect to get a console at launch to go perfectly smooth? Don't trade it. You will regret it. I NEVER play my PS4 but that will hopefully change when Infamous comes out.

The smart thing to do would be to keep the XBONE and save up for a PS4. The XB1 already has a bunch of stuff you can't even get for the PS4 like Forza, Dead Rising 3, Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Peggle 2, Max Curse of Brotherhood, and Ryse.

If you can't get enjoyment out of all those exclusives (Not including the ones out I didnt name like Zoo Tycoon or Crimson Dragon) then you shouldn't of bought it in the first fucking place. So that's your fault. But if you think a PS4 is better value for your time right now you are sadly fucking mistaken. And why ask here anyways? You know 80% of the people here are god damn Cows.

Is the PS4 better right now? Hell no. In a year? Probably not. By next summer? Maybe. Unless having slightly better multiplats is your deal and if that is the case get a PC. I can assure you right now the PS4 has nothing going for it other than the price and the fact that Microsoft has been on damage control for their ****-ups. Right now the XB1 is the better game system. Only a fucking idiot would choose the exclusives on the PS4 over the XBONE right now.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

So you expect to get a console at launch to go perfectly smooth? Don't trade it. You will regret it. I NEVER play my PS4 but that will hopefully change when Infamous comes out.

The smart thing to do would be to keep the XBONE and save up for a PS4. The XB1 already has a bunch of stuff you can't even get for the PS4 like Forza, Dead Rising 3, Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Peggle 2, Max Curse of Brotherhood, and Ryse.

If you can't get enjoyment out of all those exclusives (Not including the ones out I didnt name like Zoo Tycoon or Crimson Dragon) then you shouldn't of bought it in the first fucking place. So that's your fault. But if you think a PS4 is better value for your time right now you are sadly fucking mistaken. And why ask here anyways? You know 80% of the people here are god damn Cows.

Is the PS4 better right now? Hell no. In a year? Probably not. By next summer? Maybe. Unless having slightly better multiplats is your deal and if that is the case get a PC. I can assure you right now the PS4 has nothing going for it other than the price and the fact that Microsoft has been on damage control for their ****-ups. Right now the XB1 is the better game system. Only a fucking idiot would choose the exclusives on the PS4 over the XBONE right now.

It's fine, let him do what he wants.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 timbers_WSU

@GravityX said:

@timbers_WSU said:

It's fine, let him do what he wants.

I hope he does it just so he can feel like a jackass afterwards. Never trade your systems in unless it is trading up a generation. You ALWAYS regret it and lose a ton of $.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

@arkephonic said:

@Jacobistheman:

Lol@you guys who honestly think Sony will go two years without releasing any good exclusives. Do you think Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Level-5, Polyphony, Evolution, Sucker Punch, SCE Japan, guerrilla, Sanzaru, Quantic Dream, incognito, thatgamecompany and others just bowed out and retired entirely from the game industry? Lol, I bet you wish they did, but they're making games. Microsoft could only dream of a lineup that good. There won't be no 2 year wait. Infamous and MLB The Show are right around the corner.

Not to mention, PS4 gets the superior version of every multiplatform game. Even if the PS4 had zero exclusives coming out, it'd still be the best system due to having the best versions of multiplats which compromise 90% of the library or more of both Xbox One and Ps4.

Oh I said that sony would go 2 years without releasing any exclusives? News to me (and if you have to pretend that someone said something they didn't to try and make a point, you already lost your augment). I wasn't the one that said Sony didn't release any good games so they wouldn't starve their consumers. That was a quote from a sony fanboy. (I have a PS4 and Xbox One in my living room right now FYI)

What I said is that there is no reason to get rid of a system that is better right now to get one that you the might be better later (and that is a big might).

You would never be able to tell the difference between multiplats unless they were sitting side by side. Its not like either version of the multiply will be less fun.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 timbers_WSU

@arkephonic said:

@SolidTy:

Nobody cares.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17422 Posts

I bought both just to try them out. As many of you know, i was torn between which to get since MS reversed the DRM policies.

After playing at testing both for a few days, i finally returned the XB1 and will get it at a later date. PS4 is just the better overall console. I found Kinect to a hassle to use for anything other than voice commands and skype......which i dont use.

For a strict gamer, i say PS4........and get XB1 as a multimedia device.

Once sony adds media streaming, there wont be much of a need for XB1 other than exclusives.

So ill wait until it is $300

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 cainetao11

@SolidTy:

Fair enough, brother. I wanted to secure a PS4 for infamous, then figured I was getting a new laptop for school purposes first. But if this rumor in family is true, and they chip in to get me an Alienware, well, my school is taken care of and PS4 here I come. I understand your DRM points. I just have friends who handle their gaming. I own quite a few DD games on my 360/PS3 HDD. I buy when on sale, and Steam just gives me deals I cant pass up. I recently got Bioshock infinite for like 9 bucks. But this old laptop cant run it!! Soon I'll be playing the first witcher finally because I'll have a decent PC that can run it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy:

Fair enough, brother. I wanted to secure a PS4 for infamous, then figured I was getting a new laptop for school purposes first. But if this rumor in family is true, and they chip in to get me an Alienware, well, my school is taken care of and PS4 here I come. I understand your DRM points. I just have friends who handle their gaming. I own quite a few DD games on my 360/PS3 HDD. I buy when on sale, and Steam just gives me deals I cant pass up. I recently got Bioshock infinite for like 9 bucks. But this old laptop cant run it!! Soon I'll be playing the first witcher finally because I'll have a decent PC that can run it.

Dang, good luck on that rumor of getting you an Alienware for free panning out, bro! Gotta love gifts, I miss those days when people bought me things. :)

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#86 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@SolidTy: You make make solid points as usual bro. I recently got back back into PC gaming after a 10 year hiatus and I've found that I'm enjoying gaming even more these days on it. I can't explain it. I just enjoy PC gaming more than consoles these days. But I also have a PS3 & PS4 for exclusives. Gotta have my Uncharted, The Last of Us, and Infamous fix's :P. I'm not much of an Xbox fan anymore; especially since Kinect came into the picture. I love the discounts and sales that are offered on PC games. But, I can see how the DRM can turn people off. I have faith that a viable solution will present itself within the future, I'm seeing that with online stores like GmG allowing trading of digital copies, that this is at least a great start. I'm optimistic. :P

Also, PM me your steam & Orgin name, let's game sometime bro. you too @cainetao11 . ;)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SolidTy

@remiks00 said:

@SolidTy: You make make solid points as usual bro. I recently got back back into PC gaming after a 10 year hiatus and I've found that I'm enjoying gaming even more these days on it. I can't explain it. I just enjoy PC gaming more than consoles these days. But I also have a PS3 & PS4 for exclusives. Gotta have my Uncharted, The Last of Us, and Infamous fix's :P. I'm not much of an Xbox fan anymore; especially since Kinect came into the picture. I love the discounts and sales that are offered on PC games. But, I can see how the DRM can turn people off. I have faith that a viable solution will present itself within the future, I'm seeing that with online stores like GmG allowing trading of digital copies, that this is at least a great start. I'm optimistic. :P

Also, PM me your steam & Orgin name, let's game sometime bro. you too @cainetao11 . ;)

Thanks for the reply, I agree with going with whatever floats your boat, I understand your recent outlook, I would love a viable solution to ownership as well, and I will send them out shortly! ;)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 cainetao11

@remiks00 said:

Will do as soon as I get the PC that can run current games dude. Right now all I play on Steam are Half Life and Deus Ex, the originals, because this old laptop cant run other games I own.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Keep the xbox one and get the ps4 when you feel like getting it. The support in terms of exclusives is bad until the end of the year for the ps4(The only exclusive worth getting for the console may be infamous second son).Multiplat support seems to be betterr, but that may dry up soon until later in the year.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@super600 said:

Keep the xbox one and get the ps4 when you feel like getting it. The support in terms of exclusives is bad until the end of the year for the ps4(The only exclusive worth getting for the console may be infamous second son).Multiplat support seems to be betterr, but that may dry up soon until later in the year.

LMAO...who are you trying to sell that load to super? Seriously stop the non-sense.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By super600  Moderator

@kinectthedots said:

@super600 said:

LMAO...who are you trying to sell that load to super? Seriously stop the non-sense.

What big multiplat besides maybe GT5,MGS GZ and watch dogs will release in the next couple of months release for the PS4.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#93 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@SpideR_CentS: first thing you should do, is ask them nicely to switch to playstation. Then sell your xbox H buy a playstation. ! Then add coolyfett on psn.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@super600 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@super600 said:

What big multiplat besides maybe GT5,MGS GZ and watch dogs will release in the next couple of months release for the PS4.

The big multiplats the next year or so could prove huge if the performance is one-sided and not similar. Destiny, Kingdom Hearts, Inquisition, Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 could be huge wins if they are not relatively the same on X1 but like you said, they aren't coming anytime soon.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@super600 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@super600 said:

It's a fact that PS4 has more 3rd party multiplatform support than xbone. No need to ask question about specific games when xbone doesn't come close. Xbone only had Titanfall,

you seem to forget about Planet Side 2? War Thunder, TowerFall Ascension (AAA @ MC), Diablo III, sound shapes (9.0 GS), Rouge Legacy (8.5), Mercenary Kings, Final Fantsy 14.. the list goes on buddy it's not even close really.

Hell you should already know this, asking me to prove it just shows how hard you are trying to push this misinformation, stop trying to mislead people with lies, manipulation and deception in order to make them keep the platform you are a fan of in the hands of someone looking for an honest opinion it's despicable.

If you don't know what games and number of titles are available for a system you don't need to be giving advice on what they are better to get on.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Get a ps4 man because xbone will always be available. The other day I saw rpiles of xboner at costco. I should have taken a pic of it. It's sad to see them sitting there waiting for an owner. Anyways xboner is easy to get.... buy it off the streets or craigslist later on if you feel like owning both lol.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@Murderstyle75:

Oh stuff it! MS invested $1 billion into games development for the X1 while Sony can only dream of doing that. And It doesn't matter how many first party studios they have it cost money to make games; something Sony is in short supply of nowadays. The X1 has the games including all the new IP's this time around.

You act as if Playstation and Xbox have been slugging it out for several generations with Sony kicking ass with their exclusives in every single one. The original Xbox arrived about 18 months after the PS2 so that leaves just the 360 with this generation just beginning. So much for Sony always coming out slow and them ending up on top in the long run eh? That was last generation. This generation MS has invested big bucks for big exclusives so that makes this a whole new ball game.

Sony are no longer the dominant force with all the exclusives like with the PS2 and to a much lesser extent the PS3. Just accept it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By super600  Moderator

@Spartan070 said:

@super600 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@super600 said:

The big multiplats the next year or so could prove huge if the performance is one-sided and not similar. Destiny, Kingdom Hearts, Inquisition, Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 could be huge wins if they are not relatively the same on X1 but like you said, they aren't coming anytime soon.

I was talking about the multiplat support for the console after this month until destiny releases. It looks kinda dry.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#99 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

If Perfect Dark Zero was so great, why did M$ turn Rare into a kiddie developer? Must have been those 750,000 copies the game has sold to date.

And the lems can keep Skyrim. For the casual n00bs in general ruined the series starting with Oblivion. TES is pretty much a shallow RPG for people who suck at RPG's. The only way it is even remotely playable is on the PC with mods. When the Xbox actually had a good TES game, none of you bastards would even own an Xbox because it wasn't hyped or the cool thing to brag about in your elementary school.

PDZ was awful. I had an Xbox with ESIII and I liked that game. Oblivion's leveling thing was corny, but the quests were cool. Skyrim is a great game. IMO the ES series as a whole is epic. Why such venom?