Think Microsoft will make their own crossover platform fighting game?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by flashn00b (2926 posts) -

Do you think Microsoft will pick up PlayStation AllStars Battle Royale and think "Damn. We need to make our own game like this"? If so, who do you think will be in the roster?

To start the thread off, here's who i think will appear:

Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
Jack of Blades
Captain Price (Because we need third-party fighters)
Reimu Hakurei (Because Microsoft lacks memorable characters, and will probably need to pay ZUN in order to compensate for an otherwise empty roster)

EDIT: Final boss will be Clippy

#2 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

Do you think Microsoft will pick up PlayStation AllStars Battle Royale and think "Damn. We need to make our own game like this"? If so, who do you think will be in the roster?

Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
Jack of Blades
Reimu Hakurei (Because Microsoft lacks memorable characters, and will probably need to pay ZUN in order to compensate for an otherwise empty roster)

flashn00b
they probably have more memorable characters than you think, you just can't remember them because non of them are assosiated with M$, just the developers they bought and shutdown.
#3 Posted by charizard1605 (58287 posts) -
Eventually?
#4 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

no they only have master cheif the 2 kids from fable and guys from gears and joanna dark , would be a small roster if any lol

#5 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

It will be like this.

video-game-memes-microsofts-answer.jpg

#6 Posted by khoofia_pika (13517 posts) -
:lol: Maybe when they have more than four franchises :P
#7 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

Good idea, rooster:

Master Chief

Kinect

$60

Final Boss: RROD

#8 Posted by khoofia_pika (13517 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Good idea, rooster: Master Chief Kinect $60

Roster. Not rooster. A rooster is a farm animal. Master Chief is a super soldier, not a farm animal. Can't say the same about the Kinect.
#9 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

they can put that horse from fable the journey that tom liked so much in and and all 8000 cars from forza horizon!:o DAY MOTHERFVCKING ONE!!!!!!1!!!1!1111!!!1!!!11111!!!

#10 Posted by dxmcat (1156 posts) -

just add on to the list of non-original things MS does.

#11 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9060 posts) -

They have a long road ahead of them if they want to do that.

Step 1: invest in some first party studios

#12 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1242 posts) -

So it would be Spartans vs. Gears characters with an oddball Fable character and the stage would feature a racetrack with Forza cars racing on it while you fight. I guess MS could dig up some old characters like Conker and... I really can't think of any MS owns really.

#13 Posted by nini200 (9827 posts) -
All Microsoft can do is make a crossover FPS. That may actually be quite interesting.
#14 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

All Microsoft can do is make a crossover FPS. That may actually be quite interesting.nini200
NUH-UHHH! they could make a TPS too. :P

#15 Posted by khoofia_pika (13517 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"]All Microsoft can do is make a crossover FPS. That may actually be quite interesting.Jonwh18

Or a Racing sim with Marcus Fenix and Chief driving the cars featured in Forza.
#16 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

It would be amazing if it ever happens.

Way too many characters to name for the roster.

#17 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]All Microsoft can do is make a crossover FPS. That may actually be quite interesting.khoofia_pika

so brogamer mariokart? :lol:

#18 Posted by magiciandude (9677 posts) -

No. I think Microsoft will make their own crossover shooting game.

#19 Posted by kingtito (5031 posts) -

just add on to the list of non-original things MS does.

dxmcat
You must be a sheep then cause we all know Sony is far from original.
#20 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
Jack of Blades

EDIT: Final boss will be Clippy

flashn00b
if Reimu is in it, it would have a better chance of being bought by me than Playstation All-Stars ever will...and I don't even have a 360
#21 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

They need more IPs

#22 Posted by Link3301 (1707 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]All Microsoft can do is make a crossover FPS. That may actually be quite interesting.khoofia_pika

Or they could make a role playing game with Marcus Fenix and Cheif drive Cars and start out as children. As they grow the take on different forms depending on their choices through out the game. Also it will have two sequels that both suck and a Kinect game that sucks.

#23 Posted by el3m2tigre (4232 posts) -

Hmmm, perhaps the first brawler to feature a ferrari? :o

#24 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

i hope so. i would love to play as a Porsche.

#25 Posted by Timstuff (26837 posts) -

It will be like this.

super600

Pretty much. :lol:

This is what a crossover fighting game roster on PC looks like:

Mugen026.png

#26 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
Playstation All-Stars looks abysmal, I hope MS doesn't waste money on such a frivolous product too.
#27 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Playstation All-Stars looks abysmal, I hope MS doesn't waste money on such a frivolous product too.DragonfireXZ95
#28 Posted by sakura_Ex (3066 posts) -

Hmmm, perhaps the first brawler to feature a ferrari? :o

el3m2tigre
Although funny....it wouldn't be the first fighting game to feature a car. Look up Sega's " Fighter Megamix".
#29 Posted by themajormayor (25854 posts) -

It will be like this.

super600
#30 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25612 posts) -

they have one, It's called Halo.

#31 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Good idea, rooster:

Master Chief

Kinect

$60

kuraimen

:lol:

#32 Posted by nervmeister (15272 posts) -

Master Chief (Halo)

Scourge (Gears of War)

Mr. Scratch (Alan Wake)

Skittles (Kinectimals)

Splosion Man (Splosion Man)

Geralt (The Witcher)

underpaid backup dancer (Dance Central)

I.R.I.S. (Lococycle)

Jack of Blades (Fable)

Liara (Mass Effect)

Banjo-Kazooie (Nuts & Bolts)

Kameo (Kameo: Elements of Power)

#33 Posted by locopatho (20384 posts) -
You'd have Master Chief, an Elite, Marcus Fenix, Raam, Scourge, Fable Hero, Banjo Kazooie, Grunty, Kameo (+ all her transformations?), big bad Troll, some Pinatas, Joanna Dark, Lost Odyssey dude whose name escapes me, maybe Commander Shepard, then XBLA dudes like Splosion Man, the Maw, Minecraft dude, blah blah blah. And yes a Forza car :P Roster isn't the problem really, just I don't think the gameplay would be worth it. Leave Smash Bros to Smash Bros.
#34 Posted by RR360DD (11993 posts) -
After they see Sony allstars crash and burn? LOL no, leave that kind of game to Nintendo
#35 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

Maybe the Dishwasher, Yuki, Chef and The Fallen Engineer from The Dishwasher series?

#36 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -
Everyone mocks MS character roster, even though SONY's is just as bad, uses alot of first parties, and barely any of its characters are good or memorable. Nathan Drake is S*** you only like him because he is in a popular graphics whoring game.
#37 Posted by themajormayor (25854 posts) -
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Everyone mocks MS character roster, even though SONY's is just as bad, uses alot of first parties, and barely any of its characters are good or memorable. Nathan Drake is S*** you only like him because he is in a popular graphics whoring game.

I think you should try to relax a bit
#38 Posted by jamejame (10481 posts) -

I think it could be easily done if they took advantage of their XLBA roster. Hell, they'd have more characters at their disposal than Sony or Nintendo combined, but I doubt it will happen.

#39 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Everyone mocks MS character roster, even though SONY's is just as bad, uses alot of first parties, and barely any of its characters are good or memorable. Nathan Drake is S*** you only like him because he is in a popular graphics whoring game.

Nah. reality is only nintendo has anywhere close to a good roster. Sony fanboys are just desperate.
#40 Posted by themajormayor (25854 posts) -
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Everyone mocks MS character roster, even though SONY's is just as bad, uses alot of first parties, and barely any of its characters are good or memorable. Nathan Drake is S*** you only like him because he is in a popular graphics whoring game.

Nah. reality is only nintendo has anywhere close to a good roster. Sony fanboys are just desperate.

What does that have to do with what I said?
#41 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

It will be like this.

Timstuff

Mugen026.png

yes because nintendo would allow its characters in a random PC game....

#42 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

I think it could be easily done if they took advantage of their XLBA roster. Hell, they'd have more characters at their disposal than Sony or Nintendo combined, but I doubt it will happen.

jamejame
The best result would be purely 3rd party games in general. Why do these games need to be system specific? I can understand how Nintendo benefits from 1st party focus. But both MS and Sony could create the ultimate 3rd Party Brawler. instead of going for the mixed turd that sony has. Hell, they lost Solid Snake to Nintendo :lol:
#43 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

It will be like this.

Jonwh18

Mugen026.png

yes because nintendo would allow its characters in a random PC game....

Nintendo don't get a say.
#44 Posted by jondoe3311 (237 posts) -
No...what they NEED is a new Killer Instinct. Microsoft is the only one that has exclusive IP rights to an fighting franchise that actually kicked ass. Do it MS, Make a Killer Instinct, you can milk it till to the cows come home for all I care, as long as it's good you'll have the only definitive fighting exclusive.
#45 Posted by RulerofGondor (390 posts) -
Of course, why wouldn't they?
#46 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

That would be dumb.

Just make a new KI and handle it over to Netherrealm Studios...

#47 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

i hope so. i would love to play as a Porsche.

Cheleman

Beats whacking off on the porch ...I guess....:P

#48 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"]You'd have Master Chief, an Elite, Marcus Fenix, Raam, Scourge, Fable Hero, Banjo Kazooie, Grunty, Kameo (+ all her transformations?), big bad Troll, some Pinatas, Joanna Dark, Lost Odyssey dude whose name escapes me, maybe Commander Shepard, then XBLA dudes like Splosion Man, the Maw, Minecraft dude, blah blah blah. And yes a Forza car :P Roster isn't the problem really, just I don't think the gameplay would be worth it. Leave Smash Bros to Smash Bros.

Hey...how about some love for a couple of Crackdown Agents...Skills for kills
#49 Posted by GamerZem (539 posts) -

While I doubt this would ever happen, it would be amazing if it did.

#50 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

Good idea, rooster:

Master Chief

Kinect

$60

kuraimen

It'd be so boss if Microsoft made a game based on this idea

Imagine a wad of $60 dollar bills beating the crap out of an RROD symbol :lol: