Things must calm down to determine sales leader

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

The Xbox One recently hit 2 million in consoles sold. Sony announced last week that they hit 2.1 million.

Demand for these consoles are higher than ever. They can only be neck and neck because the demand is higher than the supply that's available. One things start to clam down, we will really see who has the lead. You can't confirm a winner in the sales race during the launch window. Just look at how the PS2 turned out.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@PinkiePirate said:

The Xbox One recently hit 2 million in consoles sold. Sony announced last week that they hit 2.1 million.

Demand for these consoles are higher than ever. They can only be neck and neck because the demand is higher than the supply that's available. One things start to clam down, we will really see who has the lead. You can't confirm a winner in the sales race during the launch window. Just look at how the PS2 turned out.

The PS2 was the weakest console during that gen.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Cows have been claiming victory since July, so talk to them.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

One huge reason the PS2 lead was because it was DVD player. It didn't need any add ons like the Dreamcast and Xbox, the Gamecube had nothing. Sony knew having format controlled is a huge help, that's why they repeated it with blu-ray and the PS3. Well since Sony's biggest rival now has the current format too with better entertainment options, it's not surprising to see people want more than a gaming console, helping Xbox One lead.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@gago-gago said:

One huge reason the PS2 lead was because it was DVD player. It didn't need any add ons like the Dreamcast and Xbox, the Gamecube had nothing. Sony knew having format controlled is a huge help, that's why they repeated it with blu-ray and the PS3. Well since Sony's biggest rival now has the current format too with better entertainment options, it's not surprising to see people want more than a gaming console, helping Xbox One lead.

You can explain the PS2 sales away. But that's not the point TC is making. Anything can happen with sales, you can't confirm a "sales winner" in the launch window.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol cows are backpedaling and quivering in their boots already. a few weeks ago it was "PS4 IS GOING TO CRUSH X1 LAUNCH AND SELL DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF CONSOLES!!!"

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I can already tell NPD tomorrow is gonna make a lot of little lems cry :D

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

it's gonna spike again toward the beginning of next year, PS4 has Infamous and X1 has Titanfall

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

@xhawk27nope, the Dreamcast was.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Nope, we can just make an educated guess and stick with it.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@trugs26 said:

@gago-gago said:

You can explain the PS2 sales away. But that's not the point TC is making. Anything can happen with sales, you can't confirm a "sales winner" in the launch window.

This should be common sense. Of course right now as there's a demand for new hardware (where the last gen lasted 8 years) you'd have to expect a surge of sales for the "hot off the press" systems. But this isn't indicative of the long term sales, which only time will tell.

Jumping to conclusions now, or even 6 months from now, is just an exercise in futility.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Actually, that was the Dreamcast as the weakest console during that generation.

I can understand forgetting about the Dreamcast, but it's in the picture you quoted. On the far left in orange. Did we have that convo before?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@GamingGod999 said:

@xhawk27nope, the Dreamcast was.

You beat me to answering about the DreamCast in this thread, lol.

I could have sworn I've explained that to him before...hmmm.

I can say I've said explained this point since 2005 and so far it still pops up by a handful every year, lol.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

It's annoying when people exclude the Dreamcast was last gen. Although to be honest, it's annoying when people exclude any system.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

@gameofthering said:

It's annoying when people exclude the Dreamcast was last gen. Although to be honest, it's annoying when people exclude any system.

Like the Wii U?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

If the stated numbers are true for the Xbox One it's impressive. I know a lot of people who doubted It, but looks like the demand is there for it. It's funny what happens when they listen to their fans (well only because money was involved) and revered that DRM bullshit. That's the reason I bought mine.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@gago-gago said:

To lead where in hell.?

The PS4 is ahead on both NA and EU as well...lol

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@PinkiePirate said:

Cows have to revert to PS2 sales to make themselves feel good about the recent neck and neck sales battle.

Awwwe. X1 surpassing your expectations? Cheer up and go play Resogun (free game equivalent to a Facebook game).

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@xhawk27 said:

N o the Dreamcast was and the PS2 was the strongest for 20 months,almost 2 years,unlike the xbox one that is weaker when it actually launch a week after the PS4.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows have to revert to PS2 sales to make themselves feel better.

Awwwe. The X1 surpassing your expectations? Go play Resogun (free Facebook game) and you will feel better.