Thief 4 shot to the top of my radar and so should yours=AAA

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

I was getting this game regardless but lets be honest here this game is looking almost AAA quality. I honestly think we need to start really recognizing this developer as a top developer. They did a great job with bringing back Deus Ex and from the looks of it they are doing a bang up job with Thief.

I think we need to go ahead and recognize this developer as top shelf and put them up there with the best out there currently.

I know this style of game may not be your thing stealth and all but lets be honest this game ooozzzes with detail and atmosphere.

This is a game for the hardcore gamer also bravo to the developer thank god the Wii fad is freaking over back to real hardcore gaming. You can turn all your hud off and crank up all kinds of difficulty bells and make this game a true hardcore gamers game THANK YOU!!!

It's looking like a potential AAA game but I'll be realistic I'm thinking it's going to fall into the 8.5 range but that's awesome but I expect a few sites to give it a 9+ also.

Looking really good.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/15/thief-mission-01-playthrough-video

#2 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

I will admit, my hype for this game was kinda meh but lately, it has definitely improved. The game is looking fairly solid

#3 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@WadeFan:

It's open world also you can go into the big city and mees around get new quest and such and then you can venture off as you choose.

#4 Posted by foxhound_fox (86960 posts) -

I'll remain indifferent until I get to play it. Thief comes from a very rich heritage, so it'll be hard to impress most of it's fans.

I only ever played most of Deadly Shadows and part of The Dark Project.

#5 Edited by Ballroompirate (21719 posts) -

Meh, not really excited for it, way too many games coming out next month that will keep me busy.

#6 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

I like how at the end of your missions you have stats to see if you played as a ghost or predator kind of like SC but it's great. I think this game is just rich with detail and atmosphere and that's whats going to make it a true gem and give it it's charm.

#7 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

mha... i play it in the summer or so when game releases die down.

#8 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Meh, not really excited for it, way too many games coming out next month that will keep me busy.

What do we got Titanfall and a 2hr movie game Movie Gear Solid and Second Son what else?

#9 Edited by brodelin (535 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

What do we got Titanfall and a 2hr movie game Movie Gear Solid and Second Son what else?

Dark Souls 2 & Reaper of Souls.

#10 Posted by lostrib (31773 posts) -

meh

#11 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

I wasn't looking forward to it at all really but seeing a few videos lately has changed my mind

#12 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6217 posts) -

I don't play stealth games.

#13 Posted by sukraj (21641 posts) -
#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (6941 posts) -

Eidos done a great job updating Deus Ex Human Revolution. They are a great company who still produce great games. They apparently have learned from Hitman: Absolution and seem to be rectifying it.

#15 Posted by tattoogunman (18 posts) -

I don't play stealth games.

Assuming it's set up the way the original games were, you don't necessarily *have* to play it stealthy, you can "run 'n gun" your way through levels if you want as well. I've played all the other games in the series and it is still one of my favorite games of all time, but watching some of the videos, I'm not sure if this one is going to stay true to the series. I'm on the fence whether or not I want to get it or not.

#16 Edited by bobbetybob (19087 posts) -

Eidos done a great job updating Deus Ex Human Revolution. They are a great company who still produce great games. They apparently have learned from Hitman: Absolution and seem to be rectifying it.

Why would they have learned from a game they didn't make?

I'm still not sure about it, it certainly looks pretty, and very atmospheric but the whole thing just feels like a less interesting version of Dishonored.

#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (6941 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I'm still not sure about it, it certainly looks pretty, and very atmospheric but the whole thing just feels like a less interesting version of Dishonored.

My friend, Dishonered was a terrible casual game. Blink was essentially wall hacks.

#18 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Why would they have learned from a game they didn't make?

or dishonored was a more interesting version of thief?

everything about thief 4 calls back to deadly shadows,

which predates dishonored.

shit, that's like saying blade runner ripped off star wars because both had robots

#19 Posted by IgGy621985 (4570 posts) -

We'll see.

#20 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Not a big fan of most stealth games, so it's a pass.

#21 Edited by Ballroompirate (21719 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Dark Souls 2

Titanfall

MGSV GZ

Diablo 3 RoS

Bioshock Infinite DLC

Infamous SS

#22 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21279 posts) -

It's on my list for March, too many games so it's gonna have to wait a bit, i love what i saw from the gameplay though.

#23 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16120 posts) -

Not going to watch that video, I'd rather enjoy it for myself pretty soon.

Besides, my hype for this game is already pretty high. The only people that bashed this game, were the 'hardcore' fans that can't accept any change in a series. The other complaints were about XP and QTEs, and those have been removed.

#24 Posted by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

another -best on pc title-

will own

#25 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5131 posts) -

I was hyped for it, until I started hearing alot of negative previews about it a few weeks ago. Adam Sessler, in particular, shat all over it in a preview, and he's one of the opinions I generally respect in the industry, and that's just one.

I'll still probably end up getting it for PS4, since PS4 has "nogames" pretty much until Infamous.

#26 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

I was hyped for it, until I started hearing alot of negative previews about it a few weeks ago. Adam Sessler, in particular, shat all over it in a preview, and he's one of the opinions I generally respect in the industry, and that's just one.

I'll still probably end up getting it for PS4, since PS4 has "nogames" pretty much until Infamous.

I used to like Adam back in the G4 days but honestly in the past few years he seems more like a whiny little troll begging for hits he's lost some credibility

#27 Edited by jsmoke03 (12504 posts) -

im hesitant with this game because i never played a thief game before...would i even understand the world?

i have to say that they are smart to release now since there are no games. i think it might benefit them cuz even if im hesitant, all it takes is a decent evaluation /review of the game and im gonna pick it up for ps4 cuz i dont have many games on the system

#28 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8681 posts) -

Strider this week and Thief along with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles next week, are going to keep me extremely happy. :)

#29 Posted by Sushiglutton (5173 posts) -

Looks great. I expect hardcore gamers to whine though as they typically are too stupid to navigate menus to turn off assist features.

#30 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8681 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Dark Souls 2

Titanfall

MGSV GZ

Diablo 3 RoS

Bioshock Infinite DLC

Infamous SS

Ugh, I'm gonna be so broke thanks to March.

#31 Posted by jsmoke03 (12504 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

I used to like Adam back in the G4 days but honestly in the past few years he seems more like a whiny little troll begging for hits he's lost some credibility

i found it opposite. i found his opinions on g4 to be a complete joke. maybe it was just how you had to be on tv, but all of his opinions on g4 felt noobish and the jokes didnt help

since rev3, i enjoyed his content and it allowed him to be less a comedian but a reviewer with more substance.

#32 Edited by Legend500 (127 posts) -

Is it really open world? Where you can go around and get quests like Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Hope it has a good atmosphere and is creepy and scary. I really loved Deadly Shadows and hope this is similar.

#33 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3633 posts) -

Still one of the games near the top of my list.

#34 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Is it really open world? Where you can go around and get quests like Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Hope it has a good atmosphere and is creepy and scary. I really loved Deadly Shadows and hope this is similar.

Pretty sure it's like you can stroll around the main city hub then you can venture off and do things as you please or take quest and stuff and then go out into the world and do as you please.

#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16120 posts) -

Looks great. I expect hardcore gamers to whine though as they typically are too stupid to navigate menus to turn off assist features.

So hardcore !

#36 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1853 posts) -

Sadly I think this game will sell poorly because bad promotion. Most gamer do not even know coming out soon or that even exists.

#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12840 posts) -

That was much more promising then what they showed before. Still too early to give my opinion on Garret.

But really, does Steven Blum have to be in every, freaking game?

#38 Posted by way2funny (4569 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Besides, my hype for this game is already pretty high. The only people that bashed this game, were the 'hardcore' fans that can't accept any change in a series. The other complaints were about XP and QTEs, and those have been removed.

The other big complaint was context sensitive jumping and wall climbing, which seems like they have kept.

#39 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26064 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

The other big complaint was context sensitive jumping and wall climbing, which seems like they have kept.

Don't forget the lack of enemy awareness and difficulty. Linearity is also a big concern.

#40 Posted by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

I was getting this game regardless but lets be honest here this game is looking almost AAA quality. I honestly think we need to start really recognizing this developer as a top developer. They did a great job with bringing back Deus Ex and from the looks of it they are doing a bang up job with Thief.

I think we need to go ahead and recognize this developer as top shelf and put them up there with the best out there currently.

I know this style of game may not be your thing stealth and all but lets be honest this game ooozzzes with detail and atmosphere.

This is a game for the hardcore gamer also bravo to the developer thank god the Wii fad is freaking over back to real hardcore gaming. You can turn all your hud off and crank up all kinds of difficulty bells and make this game a true hardcore gamers game THANK YOU!!!

It's looking like a potential AAA game but I'll be realistic I'm thinking it's going to fall into the 8.5 range but that's awesome but I expect a few sites to give it a 9+ also.

Looking really good.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/15/thief-mission-01-playthrough-video

Thief has been one of my most wanted games for a long long time. It does indeed look excellent.

#41 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@me3x12 do you know for a fact that this particular multiplatform game is going to be performing better, at a higher resolution on the PlayStation 4? I hope you got yours because boy does it feel good to have the machine that plays games better than competing machines right? :)

#42 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 do you know for a fact that this particular multiplatform game is going to be performing better, at a higher resolution on the PlayStation 4? I hope you got yours because boy does it feel good to have the machine that plays games better than competing machines right? :)

TITANFALL

#43 Edited by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

It was already at the top of mine along with Dark Souls 2

#44 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6611 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

. The game is looking fairly solid

Too bad is not Metal Gear B)

#45 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

. The game is looking fairly solid

Too bad is not Metal Gear B)

Movie Gear Solid

#46 Edited by Pffrbt (6367 posts) -

This game looks like Mainstream Modern Game: The Game. Dumbed down, simplified fad riding garbage.

#47 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9502 posts) -

@Pffrbt: I would have agreed months ago, but they've removed QTEs and the EXP that fans complained about. (rightfully I may add)

This looks really good and clearly encourages you not to fight anyone, but sneak by and steal what you can.

#48 Edited by aroxx_ab (9144 posts) -
@brodelin said:

@me3x12 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Dark Souls 2 & Reaper of Souls.

Oh yeah those two games will keep my busy for a very very long time :D

#49 Edited by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@WadeFan:

It's open world also you can go into the big city and mees around get new quest and such and then you can venture off as you choose.

Thats not really true. A hub world with instanced mission areas is not open world.

#50 Posted by remiks00 (1535 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Dark Souls 2

Titanfall

MGSV GZ

Diablo 3 RoS

Bioshock Infinite DLC

Infamous SS

Excellent list sir.