These are the highest selling franchises of all time

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Jag85 (4278 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Jag85 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

I had no idea FIFA was that big. Im not surprised to see tetris mario and pokemon though.

Football ("soccer") franchises like FIFA and PES are huge in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and South America. I wouldn't be surprised if North American gamers aren't familiar with them though. I was similarly surprised to see the Madden franchise with 99 million sales, since it's mostly unknown here in Europe.

FIFA tops the charts for months every year once upon US release as well.

Football is getting more and more popular even in the US, especially since the 2010 world cup

Didn't realize that. How did the 2010 World Cup spark a sudden US interest in football/soccer?

TC has no sources... those numbers are lie... Close this thread

The source is obviously Wikipedia.

#52 Posted by trugs26 (5207 posts) -

Nintendomination.

#53 Posted by Jag85 (4278 posts) -

Sega recently announced that the Sonic the Hedgehog series has sold over 140 million units worldwide. You should add that to your list.

#54 Posted by charizard1605 (55283 posts) -
@Jag85 said:

Didn't realize that. How did the 2010 World Cup spark a sudden US interest in football/soccer?

US actually performed well :P

@Jag85 said:

Sega recently announced that the Sonic the Hedgehog series has sold over 140 million units worldwide. You should add that to your list.

Yep, you're right, that knocks FIFA out, I think.

#55 Edited by Jag85 (4278 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:
@Jag85 said:

@Jag85 said:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about how the US drew with England. That was a pretty embarrassing performance from England, before they got completely thrashed by Germany in the quarter finals.

But yeah, it looks like FIFA will have to be knocked out of the top 10, now that Sonic has joined the 100 million+ club.

#56 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

go Mario

#57 Edited by always_explicit (2655 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@charizard1605 said:

@bbkkristian said:

I'm guessing this is NA only?

Worldwide sales. Or why would FIFA be there? :P

@always_explicit said:

Suprised to see tetris up there.

@seanmcloughlin said:

Surprised Tetris is there and COD is lower than expected

Why? Do you forget how ubiquitous the game really is?

Because I didn't think Tetris was really a game that still "sold" anymore really. I know how popular it is but I guess I just assumed at this stage most versions were free

I'm pretty sure even if you stopped counting sales after 2000 Tetris would still be on the list.

I am still surprised. I would definitely expect to see it on a "most played games of all time list"...just not a list like this.

I have played it multiple times along with every man and his dog.... I just dont recall ever paying for it.

#58 Edited by MrYaotubo (2589 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Jag85 said:

@Jag85 said:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about how the US drew with England. That was a pretty embarrassing performance from England, before they got completely thrashed by Germany in the quarter finals.

But yeah, it looks like FIFA will have to be knocked out of the top 10, now that Sonic has joined the 100 million+ club.

To be fair though,even though several of those franchises have fairly outdated numbers those 100M for Fifa are from 2010 according to the wikipedia link,since then at least two Fifa games sold around 15M+ copies each so the number should be much,much higher than that I guess.

#59 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5153 posts) -

The Legend of Zelda is in the 50+ millions right? What a shame. :/

#60 Posted by Litchie (16200 posts) -

I had no idea Need for Speed has sold more than freaking Final Fantasy.. I do enjoy NFS more than FF, though, so I'm not complaining.

#61 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5153 posts) -

And lol @ TS, NfS and CoD. Generic games are generic.

#62 Posted by TheEroica (13221 posts) -

@summerparadise: lol, so which game of yours didn't make the cut?

On topic - I've never played a need for speed nor Pokemon game game in my life. Tetris is an effin boss as its there based almost entirely on one game..... Cod too I suppose.... BURN

#63 Posted by blamix99 (1600 posts) -

Go! Go! Go Mario! don't let anyone catch up