There is no purpose to the Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VintagePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By VintagePower
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

We saw from the very first reveal that the focus of the xbone was NOT going to be on gaming but on TV/snap shot features. That should already be inexcusable. This is gaming..But now, the thing that has become even more apparent is that:

-Your TV does TV better then the xbone.

-Your PC multi-tasks and "snaps" better then xbone can.

-And of course the PS4 does gaming WAY BETTER then the xbone ever can (what matters the most)

Etc etc

The xbone is marketed as the "all in one," YET it does not do any one thing better then the competition in each field already does.

Every one has a TV and every one has a laptop or smart phone which do multi-media features better too, so again, there is no point

And still we have yet to even adress the many other big problems the xbone has:

-The fact the xbone is 100$ more expensive then a PS4 while offering 50% weaker hardware/specs then a PS4

Xbone is under-powered and over-priced...

So you cant even say that the xbone is just an incremental upgrade in prettier graphics, because its worse then that

-There is also the fact the xbone UI is a slow, cluttered, unresponsive mess...Install times are horrendous on the xbone too....

-The Kinect terms of agreement states that Microsoft has the right to gather any info it wants from you with Kinect and do what ever they pleaae with it....they confirm themsefles its a spy cam...considering Microsoft is in bed with the NSA...gee I wonder whats going to happen...but they claim it will be for "marketing purposes" suure.

-The fact Microsoft has already tried to butcher consumer rights with their always online/xbone DRM schemes....they were forced to stop at the last second due to fear of losing more and more pre-order sales....but the plans are still there in place...whats to stop Microsoft from trying again...they want to bring it all back....just listen to their PR.

And I could keep going on and on but I dont want to drag this thread out

I just dont see how anyone rational can think something like the xbone is ok for gaming or for consumers...

So what really inspired this thread too, is that after spending some time with the xbone at my cousins house, there is a strong sense that there is no purpose, rhyme or reason to the xbone or any of its features.

Xbone TV or snapshot features add nothing of value to gaming....they only serve as a distraction...I want to game not watch TV on a small window to the side...or have to bother with snapping useless features to the side when all I want to do is game.

..where as innovative patented PS4 share features are centered around GAMING and add to the value of GAMING...

I know its not just me, it really does feel like the xbone is a souless, cash-in, uninspired machine with most its features tacked on or hidden behind xbox live pay wall fees. SO I.e xbone is also very anti-consumer...

Im just gald i've made the decision to never get an xbone. All I will ever need is my PS4. Its cheaper, more powerful, keeps the focus on gaming, and does gaming better then anything else out there...and of course for those awesome Playstation exclusives!!!!

Thankfully the xbone is getting slaughtered by the PS4 in sales, thats how competition works...

but it is still dissappointing that a product like the xbone is not out right failing....because it opens the flood gates for products like the xbone to be accepted...for Microsoft's anti-consuner practices to be accepted etc....for the sake of competition and for the sake of the consumer the xbone needs to fail miserably....we need to make a stand and send the correct message.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

Hi XboxFails

Please bring back the old rules.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Brofist's post.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Brofist's post.

How many alt accounts can one person make. This is ridiculous.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Woow Dissertation

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

I fucking hate the ads for the xbone on this website; often at times they'll take me to top of the page just to show off the shitty interface.

VintagePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VintagePower
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Second musings

When this is about GAMING, the console that has always been focused on GAMING should be the one that is praised, the PS4.....Sony has been with gamers from the start of the PS4...Sony should always be praised (if you are a gamer)

The reason why I bring that up is because I want to talk about how:

The gaming media always tries to downplay the PS4's advantages over the xbone.

How they always try to act as Microsoft apologists.

It is unacceptable. They are purposely steering readers wrong.

The claims of "there isnt a difference between 1080p and 720p"

"xbone and PS4 are close in power"

Blatant LIES and flase informration.

How are they allowed to spread lies like that. As readers we should be able to sue them....

Im glad its NOT WORKING for the most part though.....It NEVER will work.

But its still blatant corruption. We need to speak up on that too.....or we can just completely disregard the Microsoft shill bought for gaming media until the point they become totally irrelevant, and that would be something good for us all....

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Mods, please make it so that people with over 5k post can make threads.

Way too many alts..

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

It eats your money. There's the purpose.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

Shut up Brofists.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Are you serious TC it provides the same thing the PS4 does, and more. They've both got the slight graphic bump over the previous gen. Both have pay to play online services. At least X1 gives you new features like being able to snap TV while your in a game lobby waiting to play, or check scores of games. It will have fantasy football integration which will be awesome. Why get a PS4 right now just for the graphic bump?? I mean really you can play all those multiplat games for free online with a PS3. Everyone assumes PS4 will have all the great first party games and MS will not have any thing new or new devs, but if there is one thing I know if MS sees an opportunity to make money they'll money hat a studio or dev and get what they want.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@vintagepower said:

We saw from the very first reveal that the focus of the xbone was NOT going to be on gaming but on TV/snap shot features. That should already be inexcusable. This is gaming..But now, the thing that has become even more apparent is that:

-And of course the PS4 does gaming WAY BETTER then the xbone ever can (what matters the most)

Etc etc

The xbone is marketed as the "all in one," YET it does not do any one thing better then the competition in each field already does.

Every one has a TV and every one has a laptop or smart phone which do multi-media features better too, so again, there is no point

-The fact the xbone is 100$ more expensive then a PS4 while offering 50% weaker hardware/specs then a PS4

So you cant even say that the xbone is just an incremental upgrade in prettier graphics, because its worse then that

-There is also the fact the xbone UI is a slow, cluttered, unresponsive mess...Install times are horrendous on the xbone too....

-The Kinect terms of agreement states that Microsoft has the right to gather any info it wants from you with Kinect and do what ever they pleaae with it....they confirm themsefles its a spy cam...considering Microsoft is in bed with the NSA...gee I wonder whats going to happen...but they claim it will be for "marketing purposes" suure.

-The fact Microsoft has already tried to butcher consumer rights with their always online/xbone DRM schemes....they were forced to stop at the last second due to fear of losing more and more pre-order sales....but the plans are still there in place...whats to stop Microsoft from trying again...they want to bring it all back....just listen to their PR.

I just dont see how anyone rational can think something like the xbone is ok for gaming or for consumers...

So what really inspired this thread too, is that after spending some time with the xbone at my cousins house, there is a strong sense that there is no purpose, rhyme or reason to the xbone or any of its features.

Xbone TV or snapshot features add nothing of value to gaming....they only serve as a distraction...I want to game not watch TV on a small window to the side...or have to bother with snapping useless features to the side when all I want to do is game.

..where as innovative patented PS4 share features are centered around GAMING and add to the value of GAMING...

I know its not just me, it really does feel like the xbone is a souless, cash-in, uninspired machine with most its features tacked on or hidden behind xbox live pay wall fees. SO I.e xbone is also very anti-consumer...

Im just gald i've made the decision to never get an xbone. All I will ever need is my PS4. Its cheaper, more powerful, keeps the focus on gaming, and does gaming better then anything else out there...and of course for those awesome Playstation exclusives!!!!

Thankfully the xbone is getting slaughtered by the PS4 in sales, thats how competition works...

but it is still dissappointing that a product like the xbone is not out right failing....because it opens the flood gates for products like the xbone to be accepted...for Microsoft's anti-consuner practices to be accepted etc....for the sake of competition and for the sake of the consumer the xbone needs to fail miserably....we need to make a stand and send the correct message.

I see we have another Sony fan with buyers remorse. Look, you can still take the PS4 back and get your money. We all know its incredibly boring.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@clyde46 said:

Brofist's post.

How many alt accounts can one person make. This is ridiculous.

he made like 11 alternative accounts just to bash Xbox One imagine the butthurt coming from him when people bashes his precious game The Last of Us or PS4 (that he barely plays since hes bashing X1 24/7.)

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Jack of all trades, master of none

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

nice long post... x1 had two events in a 2 week time. one day for all the features, ea was right around the corner and they talked norhing but games.

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Beefkebob
Member since 2013 • 84 Posts

@vintagepower said:

This this and this!!!!!!!!! It's good for all of us, its good for competition if the xbone fails, and Microsoft fails...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@beefkebob said:

@vintagepower said:

This this and this!!!!!!!!! It's good for all of us, its good for competition if the xbone fails, and Microsoft fails...

Cool alt

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@WadeFan said:

That's actually the way I look at the X1 but I already have a PC and don't want one for my TV.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
@beefkebob said:

@vintagepower said:

I actually don't want this to happen because the farther Sony gets ahead the more arrogant and anti consumer they get.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
@Nengo_Flow said:

Way too many alts..

That's a great idea.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Way too many alts..

Agreed.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@gameofthering said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

Way too many alts..

That's a great idea.

Word

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

@vintagepower said:

We saw from the very first reveal that the focus of the xbone was NOT going to be on gaming but on TV/snap shot features. That should already be inexcusable. This is gaming..

STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

SONY Hu Akbar!

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the330and419
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

The fact that you took the time to write that makes me sad. Please don't ever reproduce.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

brofists a troll

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@vintagepower said:

True but then again PC just does everything better, even gaming so there is no point to PS4 either.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@vintagepower said:

Etc etc

And yet, with "gaming not being the focus", it had a better games line up than PS4 out the gate. " Every smart phone I have owned had the same thing in the terms of use agreement. Why aren't you bitching about iPhone and android? They have cameras and mics, and have been able to spy on you longer than Kinect. Its such a BS complaint when so many use devices capable of "spying" on you.

MS tried to butcher consumer rights? Did it happen? No. So you're holding them accountable for what did NOT happen. OK, then Sony, who filed patents for DRM tech, can be held accountable for what didn't happen. "But MS came out and tried to do it". What they also tried to do was move the industry where PC gaming has already gone, DD. But change is hard for most, and they rebelled. It is inevitable.

The X1 feels like its soul less? Dude its a video game console. If you have been seeing these things as "having souls" then you got some issues. Like so many, you seem to get emotionally involved in this, and I'm sorry, but, its fvckin business. DONT do business with MS if that's how you feel. But this BS you list is emotional, attachment melo drama, cry baby shit, dude. The console has been received well, and will, like PS4 have great games for it. That's all most people who don't need emotional validation from buying stuff want.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

There is no purpose to threads like these.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

You do realize that you can't play specs on paper. You do realize you are claiming the PS4 is better when it has no games. Well of course you do.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

this post makes me happy to see fan boys like this just so angry about some plastic

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@vintagepower:

Such moo cow tears. You poor thing. Just go get an XB1 and be happy.

Dougy_No_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dougy_No_1
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

@WadeFan said:

Bingo on the term !

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@Dougy_No_1 said:

@WadeFan said:

Bingo on the term !

Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing. It's just how Microsoft wants their console to shape the next gen. Sony is very gaming focused. Neither is bad, the consumer will decide which is best.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

So just because something is weaker means it's got no purpose? Does that mean as soon as a new phone comes out you instantly get rid of your current one?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Thank you for your useless opinion that I didn't bother to read.

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Beefkebob
Member since 2013 • 84 Posts

I still love my PS4 like I did on the first day

Im not kidding when I say the PS4 IS the greatest thing since sliced bread. The fact the PS4 is selling like hot cakes is a testament to the fact people still WANT GAMING, so the amazing success of the gaming centric PS4 makes me happy. All we need now is for the xbone to fail, so that 100% of the correct message can be sent

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By kazrium
Member since 2006 • 1632 Posts

Sorry, TL:DR, but Forza disagrees.

ConorHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ConorHat
Member since 2013 • 141 Posts

@SirSlimyScrotum said:

I fucking hate the ads for the xbone on this website; often at times they'll take me to top of the page just to show off the shitty interface.

What's an ads? I never ...