The XONE is $100 more expensive and weaker but...

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

It STILL might outsell the ps4 overall based on software alone. Cows love to spout that the ps4 is $100 cheaper and more powerful but so was the GameCube to the ps2....power NOR price mattered, only the games. The xbox has less nostalgia as a brand, is weaker, $100 more expensive, but isn't even that far behind the 'holy' PS4 in sales.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

LOL no. Xbone stands no chance. Once PS4 releases in Japan, the gap will only widen. You also have to look at what's going on now. Sony has sold 4.2 million PS4s right now and you can't find PS4s anywhere meanwhile M$ has sold 3 million and Xbones are readily available everywhere. This tells me that the demand for PS4 is far stronger than the number of PS4s Sony can currently supply. If PS4 is outselling Xbone with limited supply and hasn't even launched in one of their major territories what makes you think Xbone will outsell PS4? It just defies logic.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Won't happen based on that

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Even if it does outsell it which won't happen even in you dreams, what do you get from it? All you get is an overpriced pos weaker than pc's in 09.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

system wars, has changed. it's no longer about posters, ideologies or ethnicity. it's an endless series of troll posts, fought by posters with single digit post counts.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@juarbles said:

The official sources already declared the PS4 winner of this gen. Give it up xboners, you are looking quite desperate and ridiculous. Better leave GS for good and leave gaming to the real gamers.

Official sources?

lolwat

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

1.2 million is FAR behind having in mind they were just released 3 month ago. The gap will just further open from now on. Seriously, the only place where I see the X1 outselling the PS4 is in the US, and thats only because americans are too attached to the Xbox brand and their own products

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

LOL no. Xbone stands no chance. Once PS4 releases in Japan, the gap will only widen. You also have to look at what's going on now. Sony has sold 4.2 million PS4s right now and you can't find PS4s anywhere meanwhile M$ has sold 3 million and Xbones are readily available everywhere. This tells me that the demand for PS4 is far stronger than the number of PS4s Sony can currently supply. If PS4 is outselling Xbone with limited supply and hasn't even launched in one of their major territories what makes you think Xbone will outsell PS4? It just defies logic.

It defies logic to say X console doesnt stand a chance when they both only been on the market for 2 months and the gap isn't that large at all.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

you can't find PS4s anywhere meanwhile M$ has sold 3 million and Xbones are readily available everywhere.

This is an overgeneralization for the ages

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@augustevans said:

It STILL might outsell the ps4 overall based on software alone. Cows love to spout that the ps4 is $100 cheaper and more powerful but so was the GameCube to the ps2....power NOR price mattered, only the games. The xbox has less nostalgia as a brand, is weaker, $100 more expensive, but isn't even that far behind the 'holy' PS4 in sales.

Sony --> 7 billion loses as we speak --> Another massive GOTY and massive exclusives

M$ --> Where are the games for X360 ?! But but.. X1 is out ... ---> So is PS4 !!

So in short ... Sony proved with every single playstation era that supporting their products x100 times than anyone else. They did exactly the same with PS1/PS2 AND with the PS3 when it ended up last on race while they were on the biggest loss ever ( more than 7 billions!!! ) .. what more to ask from Sony!!? So many problems ( even PS3 itself was problematic for too many reasons ) but still !! Support , support and support with exclusives and massive titles!!

M$ who ?!!

Nintendo who ?!

No thnx! IF i ever feel like i want a console , this generation is an easy choice.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 I_can_haz

@augustevans said:

@I_can_haz said:

It defies logic to say X console doesnt stand a chance when they both only been on the market for 2 months and the gap isn't that large at all.

For this early, the gap is large. Both manufacturers are selling at the fastest rate they can possible sell. One week apart and Sony is already 1.2 million ahead and it hasn't even launched in Japan yet. You're only kidding yourself if you think the gap won't widen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

The consumer says price matters

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I've seen a lot of crap reasoning from Xdrones on SW but this takes the cake. Congratulations.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

I doubt the X1 will outsell the PS4, still want one though.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

What software?

Lol lems.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

the hood isn't feelin' xbone

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@augustevans said:

you really sound so sad, you really need a hug lem

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I'm surprised that the Xbox One is as successful as it is so far given the $100 price difference, but with that in mind it'll always be behind the PS4 as long as it's $100 more. It'd be a hugely different story if the Xbox One was currently $400 though.

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

Interesting, now did the Gamecube get as much bad publicity as the Xbox One?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Won't happen based on that

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Xdone isn't selling and that's no surprise.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

XONE has software? Maybe just not in the games sense.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

the only exclusive I am holding my breath for is Quantum Break......

I will exhale when it is on pc

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@killatwill15 said:

@Shielder7 said:

Games like that have a tendency to look good in theory but usually flop.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I don't think there's a winning console in history that didn't also have the most successful launch of its generation. So no. PS4 > Bone > Wii U is how the 8th gen goes.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

a lot of hopeful thinking from cows in this thread. this gen is war is over apparently two months in. solely because the ps4 outsold the XB1 by a 1.2 mil in 42 regions with an extra week tacked on and the XB1 sold 3 mil in only 13 regions. HOPE! LAWL!

the demand for the XB1 is ridiculously high. just add 20 more regions , which would only make the territory total 33 and the Xbox One would have smacked the shii out of the ps4 easily it seems, at even a hundred dollars more. yea yea yea, i hear yah...Japan. but the insertion of China into this console race game might offset that. but with 20 more regions added to the 13 the XB1 would have dwarfed the ps4's sales easily it seems. much more if it launched in the 42 like the ps4 did. there's so many intangibles involved in this that the best approach is to wait and see. wait until both systems are fully out there to everywhere and then make a realistic judgement after a few month of sales.

but you know cows...they're damn stupid and insecure lol. they feel the need to jump on this small unbalanced gap as soon as possible and pretend they're confident, and hope. it happened all last gen. they'll over hype everything until it releases and isnt so great...then they're arent so loud anymore. not until the next Sony announcement of whats to come then they're beating their chest again loud and falsely confident "this is it...we won!" prematurely and stupidly....until they have to shut up and change their tone, again lol.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@Shielder7 said:

Games like that have a tendency to look good in theory but usually flop.

random levels courtesy of digital molecular matter?

even just replaying levels would be different every time,

and don't sweat my dudes at Remedy,

alan wake and max payne will live forever

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I have no idea why you would spend 100 bucks extra on a x1 ??

The ps4 is stronger with better 1st party devs with better exclusives and the online service is cheaper.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

It's NOT gonna sell more than PS4. Sorry to break it to you, especially the way things are rolling right NOW. This coming from being an XBOX 360 gamer and enjoying more than the PS3.

PS4 = $100 cheaper and more powerful and has a very strong lineup coming up soon. X1 may have exclusives coming up especially from the Black Tusk developer, but nothing has really been shown or set in stone as of now. Plus there's Halo 5 and likely a new Forza coming. Not sure about Gears (I think the series ended with Judgement), so far no words yet if there'll ever be a new Gears franchise. Couple with the console being this "TV-Cable box" connector, it's NOT really that appealing. Not saying the X1 is a pile of shit. Not by any stretch, but it's features isn't exactly what core gamers really REALLY want from a console.

Marketing and PR has given Sony the upper hand this generation. And now it's architecture is convincing enough for developers this time around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

a lot of hopeful thinking from cows in this thread. this gen is war is over apparently two months in. solely because the ps4 outsold the XB1 by a 1.2 mil in 42 regions with an extra week tacked on and the XB1 sold 3 mil in only 13 regions. HOPE! LAWL!

the demand for the XB1 is ridiculously high. just add 20 more regions , which would only make the territory total 33 and the Xbox One would have smacked the shii out of the ps4 easily it seems, at even a hundred dollars more. yea yea yea, i hear yah...Japan. but the insertion of China into this console race game might offset that. but with 20 more regions added to the 13 the XB1 would have dwarfed the ps4's sales easily it seems. much more if it launched in the 42 like the ps4 did. there's so many intangibles involved in this that the best approach is to wait and see. wait until both systems are fully out there to everywhere and then make a realistic judgement after a few month of sales.

but you know cows...they're damn stupid and insecure lol. they feel the need to jump on this small unbalanced gap as soon as possible and pretend they're confident, and hope. it happened all last gen. they'll over hype everything until it releases and isnt so great...then they're arent so loud anymore. not until the next Sony announcement of whats to come then they're beating their chest again loud and falsely confident "this is it...we won!" prematurely and stupidly....until they have to shut up and change their tone, again lol.

LOL at this desperation, bitterness butthurt Lem.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Are we really reduced to creating alt accounts to make dumb threads?

There needs to be a minimum post count before you can start threads.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tymeservesfate

@KingsofQueens: ;)

nice username, the King of Queens is a amazingly funny show by the way. really underrated show too...its absolutely hilarious.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@I_can_haz: /thread nicely done debunked TC in 2nd post

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tymeservesfate

@lglz1337 said:

@I_can_haz: /thread nicely done debunked TC in 2nd post

XD

cows agreeing with other cows, smh. convince a lem, hermit, sheep, manticore that that BS makes sense then your support post would have a little more validity to it lol.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@tymeservesfate: 3rd post!

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tymeservesfate

@lglz1337 said:

@tymeservesfate: 3rd post!

u got it...u win, too much for me.

lol

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Xdone isn't selling and that's no surprise.

Both PS4 and X1 are selling well. The Xdone is your post.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

What software?

Lol lems.

its all about the software

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

The entire population are hermits in China. No console will survive that market. I notice a lot of people are relying on China market to make Xbox one #1.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

system wars, has changed. it's no longer about posters, ideologies or ethnicity. it's an endless series of troll posts, fought by posters with single digit post counts.

I'm glad Snake knew the deal with SW.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@augustevans said:

@I_can_haz said:

Not that large that is over 40 percent and gamestop in NA has 1.8 million pre-orders still for ps4's. Not sure where your from but that is a ass kicking. The x1 is selling well because people can't get there hands on a ps4 and even wii u sales went up. No matter how you look at it the ps4 should easily do over 6 million by march 2014 and that is a conservative estimate.

Still the race is not over and the x1 could drop in price and MS could buy a company and bring out new AAA ip's and live might actually give away decent games for example.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

Got to tell you but after seeing X1 in Walmart and Best Buy....I don't think the demand is "ridiculously high". Seems to have reached saturation point at this tiem.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#45 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

How are you enjoying the truckload of MS exclusives?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#46 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

X1 doesn't have the world wide appeal of the PS brand. I have seen both, like both, will own both. But get real, TC. The PS4 will outsell the Xbox 1. Doesn't mean the X1 wont be successful this gen. You don't have to be first to be profitable enough to be successful.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Moo moo mooooo, moo moo moo moo!

--My comment makes just as much sense as yours...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StormyJoe

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@augustevans said:

@I_can_haz said:

Not that large that is over 40 percent and gamestop in NA has 1.8 million pre-orders still for ps4's. Not sure where your from but that is a ass kicking. The x1 is selling well because people can't get there hands on a ps4 and even wii u sales went up. No matter how you look at it the ps4 should easily do over 6 million by march 2014 and that is a conservative estimate.

Still the race is not over and the x1 could drop in price and MS could buy a company and bring out new AAA ip's and live might actually give away decent games for example.

I hear cows say the same thing all the time, but I don't see any proof of it. LINKS?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 I_can_haz

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

Keep crying and living in denial, it's what you lems do best.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StormyJoe

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

Keep crying and living in denial, it's what you lems do best.

Crying? I am not crying. I am just a delusional cow who drinks the Sony Kool-Aid, unlike you.

All of your posts are Sony "rah-rah" posts - your indoctrinated like a Hitler Youth member. You believe every piece of Sony hype like its goddamned scripture. It's really sad to see, in all honesty. If XB1 wins this gen, someone may have to put you on suicide watch...