The XONE is $100 more expensive and weaker but...

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AugustEvans (104 posts) -

It STILL might outsell the ps4 overall based on software alone. Cows love to spout that the ps4 is $100 cheaper and more powerful but so was the GameCube to the ps2....power NOR price mattered, only the games. The xbox has less nostalgia as a brand, is weaker, $100 more expensive, but isn't even that far behind the 'holy' PS4 in sales.

#2 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

LOL no. Xbone stands no chance. Once PS4 releases in Japan, the gap will only widen. You also have to look at what's going on now. Sony has sold 4.2 million PS4s right now and you can't find PS4s anywhere meanwhile M$ has sold 3 million and Xbones are readily available everywhere. This tells me that the demand for PS4 is far stronger than the number of PS4s Sony can currently supply. If PS4 is outselling Xbone with limited supply and hasn't even launched in one of their major territories what makes you think Xbone will outsell PS4? It just defies logic.

#3 Edited by MonsieurX (29981 posts) -

Won't happen based on that

#4 Posted by silversix_ (14262 posts) -

Even if it does outsell it which won't happen even in you dreams, what do you get from it? All you get is an overpriced pos weaker than pc's in 09.

#5 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4642 posts) -

system wars, has changed. it's no longer about posters, ideologies or ethnicity. it's an endless series of troll posts, fought by posters with single digit post counts.

#6 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

The official sources already declared the PS4 winner of this gen. Give it up xboners, you are looking quite desperate and ridiculous. Better leave GS for good and leave gaming to the real gamers.

#7 Edited by MonsieurX (29981 posts) -

@juarbles said:

The official sources already declared the PS4 winner of this gen. Give it up xboners, you are looking quite desperate and ridiculous. Better leave GS for good and leave gaming to the real gamers.

Official sources?

lolwat

#8 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

1.2 million is FAR behind having in mind they were just released 3 month ago. The gap will just further open from now on. Seriously, the only place where I see the X1 outselling the PS4 is in the US, and thats only because americans are too attached to the Xbox brand and their own products

#9 Posted by AugustEvans (104 posts) -

LOL no. Xbone stands no chance. Once PS4 releases in Japan, the gap will only widen. You also have to look at what's going on now. Sony has sold 4.2 million PS4s right now and you can't find PS4s anywhere meanwhile M$ has sold 3 million and Xbones are readily available everywhere. This tells me that the demand for PS4 is far stronger than the number of PS4s Sony can currently supply. If PS4 is outselling Xbone with limited supply and hasn't even launched in one of their major territories what makes you think Xbone will outsell PS4? It just defies logic.

It defies logic to say X console doesnt stand a chance when they both only been on the market for 2 months and the gap isn't that large at all.

#10 Posted by Blabadon (26148 posts) -

you can't find PS4s anywhere meanwhile M$ has sold 3 million and Xbones are readily available everywhere.

This is an overgeneralization for the ages

#11 Posted by AzatiS (7510 posts) -

It STILL might outsell the ps4 overall based on software alone. Cows love to spout that the ps4 is $100 cheaper and more powerful but so was the GameCube to the ps2....power NOR price mattered, only the games. The xbox has less nostalgia as a brand, is weaker, $100 more expensive, but isn't even that far behind the 'holy' PS4 in sales.

Sony --> 7 billion loses as we speak --> Another massive GOTY and massive exclusives

M$ --> Where are the games for X360 ?! But but.. X1 is out ... ---> So is PS4 !!

So in short ... Sony proved with every single playstation era that supporting their products x100 times than anyone else. They did exactly the same with PS1/PS2 AND with the PS3 when it ended up last on race while they were on the biggest loss ever ( more than 7 billions!!! ) .. what more to ask from Sony!!? So many problems ( even PS3 itself was problematic for too many reasons ) but still !! Support , support and support with exclusives and massive titles!!

M$ who ?!!

Nintendo who ?!

No thnx! IF i ever feel like i want a console , this generation is an easy choice.

#12 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

It defies logic to say X console doesnt stand a chance when they both only been on the market for 2 months and the gap isn't that large at all.

For this early, the gap is large. Both manufacturers are selling at the fastest rate they can possible sell. One week apart and Sony is already 1.2 million ahead and it hasn't even launched in Japan yet. You're only kidding yourself if you think the gap won't widen.

#13 Posted by narutosup (1571 posts) -

The consumer says price matters

#14 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4590 posts) -

I've seen a lot of crap reasoning from Xdrones on SW but this takes the cake. Congratulations.

#15 Posted by lamprey263 (23495 posts) -

I doubt the X1 will outsell the PS4, still want one though.

#17 Edited by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

What software?

Lol lems.

#18 Posted by Pray_to_me (2837 posts) -

the hood isn't feelin' xbone

#19 Posted by blamix99 (1821 posts) -

you really sound so sad, you really need a hug lem

#20 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I'm surprised that the Xbox One is as successful as it is so far given the $100 price difference, but with that in mind it'll always be behind the PS4 as long as it's $100 more. It'd be a hugely different story if the Xbox One was currently $400 though.

#21 Posted by Rayrota (1456 posts) -

Interesting, now did the Gamecube get as much bad publicity as the Xbox One?

#22 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2567 posts) -
#23 Posted by Bigboi500 (29603 posts) -

Xdone isn't selling and that's no surprise.

#24 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

XONE has software? Maybe just not in the games sense.

#25 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

the only exclusive I am holding my breath for is Quantum Break......

I will exhale when it is on pc

#26 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Games like that have a tendency to look good in theory but usually flop.

#27 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25644 posts) -

I don't think there's a winning console in history that didn't also have the most successful launch of its generation. So no. PS4 > Bone > Wii U is how the 8th gen goes.

#28 Edited by tymeservesfate (1663 posts) -

a lot of hopeful thinking from cows in this thread. this gen is war is over apparently two months in. solely because the ps4 outsold the XB1 by a 1.2 mil in 42 regions with an extra week tacked on and the XB1 sold 3 mil in only 13 regions. HOPE! LAWL!

the demand for the XB1 is ridiculously high. just add 20 more regions , which would only make the territory total 33 and the Xbox One would have smacked the shii out of the ps4 easily it seems, at even a hundred dollars more. yea yea yea, i hear yah...Japan. but the insertion of China into this console race game might offset that. but with 20 more regions added to the 13 the XB1 would have dwarfed the ps4's sales easily it seems. much more if it launched in the 42 like the ps4 did. there's so many intangibles involved in this that the best approach is to wait and see. wait until both systems are fully out there to everywhere and then make a realistic judgement after a few month of sales.

but you know cows...they're damn stupid and insecure lol. they feel the need to jump on this small unbalanced gap as soon as possible and pretend they're confident, and hope. it happened all last gen. they'll over hype everything until it releases and isnt so great...then they're arent so loud anymore. not until the next Sony announcement of whats to come then they're beating their chest again loud and falsely confident "this is it...we won!" prematurely and stupidly....until they have to shut up and change their tone, again lol.

#29 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@killatwill15 said:

@Shielder7 said:

Games like that have a tendency to look good in theory but usually flop.

random levels courtesy of digital molecular matter?

even just replaying levels would be different every time,

and don't sweat my dudes at Remedy,

alan wake and max payne will live forever

#30 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2780 posts) -

I have no idea why you would spend 100 bucks extra on a x1 ??

The ps4 is stronger with better 1st party devs with better exclusives and the online service is cheaper.

#31 Posted by KingsofQueens (2211 posts) -

It's NOT gonna sell more than PS4. Sorry to break it to you, especially the way things are rolling right NOW. This coming from being an XBOX 360 gamer and enjoying more than the PS3.

PS4 = $100 cheaper and more powerful and has a very strong lineup coming up soon. X1 may have exclusives coming up especially from the Black Tusk developer, but nothing has really been shown or set in stone as of now. Plus there's Halo 5 and likely a new Forza coming. Not sure about Gears (I think the series ended with Judgement), so far no words yet if there'll ever be a new Gears franchise. Couple with the console being this "TV-Cable box" connector, it's NOT really that appealing. Not saying the X1 is a pile of shit. Not by any stretch, but it's features isn't exactly what core gamers really REALLY want from a console.

Marketing and PR has given Sony the upper hand this generation. And now it's architecture is convincing enough for developers this time around.

#32 Posted by KingsofQueens (2211 posts) -

a lot of hopeful thinking from cows in this thread. this gen is war is over apparently two months in. solely because the ps4 outsold the XB1 by a 1.2 mil in 42 regions with an extra week tacked on and the XB1 sold 3 mil in only 13 regions. HOPE! LAWL!

the demand for the XB1 is ridiculously high. just add 20 more regions , which would only make the territory total 33 and the Xbox One would have smacked the shii out of the ps4 easily it seems, at even a hundred dollars more. yea yea yea, i hear yah...Japan. but the insertion of China into this console race game might offset that. but with 20 more regions added to the 13 the XB1 would have dwarfed the ps4's sales easily it seems. much more if it launched in the 42 like the ps4 did. there's so many intangibles involved in this that the best approach is to wait and see. wait until both systems are fully out there to everywhere and then make a realistic judgement after a few month of sales.

but you know cows...they're damn stupid and insecure lol. they feel the need to jump on this small unbalanced gap as soon as possible and pretend they're confident, and hope. it happened all last gen. they'll over hype everything until it releases and isnt so great...then they're arent so loud anymore. not until the next Sony announcement of whats to come then they're beating their chest again loud and falsely confident "this is it...we won!" prematurely and stupidly....until they have to shut up and change their tone, again lol.

LOL at this desperation, bitterness butthurt Lem.

#33 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

Are we really reduced to creating alt accounts to make dumb threads?

There needs to be a minimum post count before you can start threads.

#34 Posted by tymeservesfate (1663 posts) -

@KingsofQueens: ;)

nice username, the King of Queens is a amazingly funny show by the way. really underrated show too...its absolutely hilarious.

#35 Edited by lglz1337 (3419 posts) -

@I_can_haz: /thread nicely done debunked TC in 2nd post

#36 Posted by tymeservesfate (1663 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@I_can_haz: /thread nicely done debunked TC in 2nd post

XD

cows agreeing with other cows, smh. convince a lem, hermit, sheep, manticore that that BS makes sense then your support post would have a little more validity to it lol.

#37 Edited by lglz1337 (3419 posts) -
#38 Posted by tymeservesfate (1663 posts) -
#39 Edited by ronvalencia (15110 posts) -

Xdone isn't selling and that's no surprise.

Both PS4 and X1 are selling well. The Xdone is your post.

#40 Posted by sukraj (22566 posts) -
#41 Posted by narutosup (1571 posts) -

The entire population are hermits in China. No console will survive that market. I notice a lot of people are relying on China market to make Xbox one #1.

#42 Posted by _Matt_ (8907 posts) -

system wars, has changed. it's no longer about posters, ideologies or ethnicity. it's an endless series of troll posts, fought by posters with single digit post counts.

I'm glad Snake knew the deal with SW.

#43 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2780 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Not that large that is over 40 percent and gamestop in NA has 1.8 million pre-orders still for ps4's. Not sure where your from but that is a ass kicking. The x1 is selling well because people can't get there hands on a ps4 and even wii u sales went up. No matter how you look at it the ps4 should easily do over 6 million by march 2014 and that is a conservative estimate.

Still the race is not over and the x1 could drop in price and MS could buy a company and bring out new AAA ip's and live might actually give away decent games for example.

#44 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150707 posts) -

Got to tell you but after seeing X1 in Walmart and Best Buy....I don't think the demand is "ridiculously high". Seems to have reached saturation point at this tiem.

#45 Posted by KungfuKitten (20963 posts) -

How are you enjoying the truckload of MS exclusives?

#46 Posted by cainetao11 (17326 posts) -

X1 doesn't have the world wide appeal of the PS brand. I have seen both, like both, will own both. But get real, TC. The PS4 will outsell the Xbox 1. Doesn't mean the X1 wont be successful this gen. You don't have to be first to be profitable enough to be successful.

#47 Posted by StormyJoe (5115 posts) -

Moo moo mooooo, moo moo moo moo!

--My comment makes just as much sense as yours...

#48 Posted by StormyJoe (5115 posts) -

@augustevans said:

@I_can_haz said:

Not that large that is over 40 percent and gamestop in NA has 1.8 million pre-orders still for ps4's. Not sure where your from but that is a ass kicking. The x1 is selling well because people can't get there hands on a ps4 and even wii u sales went up. No matter how you look at it the ps4 should easily do over 6 million by march 2014 and that is a conservative estimate.

Still the race is not over and the x1 could drop in price and MS could buy a company and bring out new AAA ip's and live might actually give away decent games for example.

I hear cows say the same thing all the time, but I don't see any proof of it. LINKS?

#49 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Keep crying and living in denial, it's what you lems do best.

#50 Posted by StormyJoe (5115 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

Keep crying and living in denial, it's what you lems do best.

Crying? I am not crying. I am just a delusional cow who drinks the Sony Kool-Aid, unlike you.

All of your posts are Sony "rah-rah" posts - your indoctrinated like a Hitler Youth member. You believe every piece of Sony hype like its goddamned scripture. It's really sad to see, in all honesty. If XB1 wins this gen, someone may have to put you on suicide watch...