The XBL Domination continues with the must have app of 2012

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

http://www.oxmonline.com/xbox-360-getting-karaoke-channel-app

Xbox 360 getting Karaoke Channel app

Though the Xbox 360 isn't without its share of games that let you sing to your heart's content, it's been a while since a standalone karaoke game has been released. That's a void the Karaoke Channel is hoping to fill with its upcoming Karaoke app.

Due out "in time for the holidays," the Karaoke app will stream a library of more than 8000 songs from the standard genres (rock, pop, hip-hop, etc.) directly to your Xbox 360. The app will then scroll the lyrics across the screen while your avatar performs with a virtual band, audience, and props. Songs can be queued up with SmartGlass, or through a navigation bar on screen. Tracks can even be favorited for easier searching on repeated uses. Additionally, singers will be able to adjust the key of a song, or add a lead vocal track for less familiar tunes.

When Karaoke launches, there will be a small set of sample songs available for free. These songs will change out regularly to keep the app current. If you want to enjoy more than just a few tracks though, Karaoke will allow you to purchase 2-, 6-, or 24-hour blocks of streaming with Microsoft Points. The Karaoke Channel hasn't said just how much each of those tiers will cost, but added the library of pay-to-play songs will constantly update as well.

"As the owner of the world's largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet, the Karaoke Channel will combine its expertise with the advanced capabilities of the Xbox 360 platform from Microsoft to develop the best in-home karaoke experience ever," says Eric Boyko, President and CEO of Stingray Digital Group Inc. "Now anyone can access our vast library and sing in a fun and interactive way right from their Xbox."

You can now just feel the jelly oozing from the Cows...

#2 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Funny stuff. :lol:

#3 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

I loveKaraoke.

MDC :cool:

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (43093 posts) -
This is brilliant.
#5 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

This makes Singstar irrelevant now. Thank you MS.

#6 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

This is actually pretty cool.

#7 Posted by nini200 (10411 posts) -
The Real Childrens console shows itself
#8 Posted by wolverine4262 (20113 posts) -
This is a cool idea for those that enjoy karaoke. It actually seems well thought out.
#9 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

The Real Childrens console shows itselfnini200
Yeah because Karaoke Night at the local bar just screams 'for kids only.':roll:

#10 Posted by sSubZerOo (43957 posts) -
I really can't complain about the monthly fee when it basically has replaced my cable box thanks to having Crackle, HBO GO, Xfinity streaming.. All things PS3 doesn't have.. I am actualy saving money by using my Xbox360 over my PS3..
#11 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

AoTY on lock.

MDC

#12 Posted by speedfog (3341 posts) -

hahahhaha :D, poor cows have to pay to sing some songs.

#13 Posted by BPoole96 (22813 posts) -

Karoke is actually pretty fun, especially after a couple drinks. This will probably be quite successful and put SingStar to shame. Sony am cry

#14 Posted by super600 (31042 posts) -

So most dance or song singing games are now irrelevant.

#15 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
That's pretty neat; for folks that love singing & partying of course.
#16 Posted by GamingGod999 (3134 posts) -

Lol, Sony has Singstar.

#17 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

this sounds handy for that time you have a party.

Rock band is good and sure it offers a lot of good songs BUT theres so many classic kareoke songs it lacks...nobody can beat being plastered at the pub singing some old 90's pop song you wish you never got dared to sing.

Last night out we were on in the burgh i got dared to do Starships-Nicki Minaj, and i was away with it ahh the wonders of absinthe.

#18 Posted by funsohng (28980 posts) -
Karaoke with what, American songs? No thanks, that sounds disgusting.
#19 Posted by TheEroica (14412 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"]The Real Childrens console shows itselfBruce_Benzing

Yeah because Karaoke Night at the local bar just screams 'for kids only.':roll:

Ahhh bruce... do you ever get tired of cleaning cow guts off your boots? Hope not... anyway, this is awesome.. core, casual, family and party.... 360 is pretty awesome
#20 Posted by TheEroica (14412 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]Karaoke with what, American songs? No thanks, that sounds disgusting.

Wtf does that mean?
#21 Posted by Heil68 (46840 posts) -
so 66% now?:lol:
#22 Posted by funsohng (28980 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="funsohng"]Karaoke with what, American songs? No thanks, that sounds disgusting.

Wtf does that mean?

I believe that good American (or English songs in general) are too good and quite difficult to be sung at Karaoke with proper respect to the original artists, while the ones that are easy enough are just disgustingly bad songs soaked in ridiculously bad lyrics and horrible auto-tunes with no soul.
#23 Posted by mems_1224 (48415 posts) -
sounds like fun for parties or family get togethers
#24 Posted by Mystery_Writer (8097 posts) -
Karaoke? seriously X360 fans?
#25 Posted by TheEroica (14412 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="funsohng"]Karaoke with what, American songs? No thanks, that sounds disgusting.

Wtf does that mean?

I believe that good American (or English songs in general) are too good and quite difficult to be sung at Karaoke with proper respect to the original artists, while the ones that are easy enough are just disgustingly bad songs soaked in ridiculously bad lyrics and horrible auto-tunes with no soul.

Being a career musician I can understand your point (and ive certainly sat through some pretty awful kareoke- what compells people to sing bohemian rhapsody and stairway to heaven is beyond me as its 6 minutes of pain) but kareoke by its nature is meant to give some poor schlub a chance to feel like a rockstar for five minutes... i dont think that looking at it as paying homage to the composer is really what its about.
#26 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
I really can't complain about the monthly fee when it basically has replaced my cable box thanks to having Crackle, HBO GO, Xfinity streaming.. All things PS3 doesn't have.. I am actualy saving money by using my Xbox360 over my PS3.. sSubZerOo
Crackle is on PS3 and with no fee... Also isn't that what Singstar is for?
#27 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="funsohng"]Karaoke with what, American songs? No thanks, that sounds disgusting.funsohng
Wtf does that mean?

you clearly dont go out to the pub and follow our ethic towards kareoke that consist of a world of forfeits and drinking far too much.It only works when you hit the magical stage of the twilight drunk that your still not drunk enough to have no speaking ability and drunk enough to sing and not care bout other peoples opinions.

Kareoke is a brilliant activity to mix with drink..especially when it becomes embarassing..I'll never forget that night we sang Carry on my wayward son with 3 mates in a pub and got banned from singing again.

THATS what it means to me, the drunken activity that requires less dexterity than pool.

#28 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

so 66% now?:lol:Heil68
Down 1%?

Microsoft must be doing something right :cool:

#29 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

so 66% now?:lol:Heil68

2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (48415 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Wtf does that mean?razgriz_101

you clearly dont go out to the pub and follow our ethic towards kareoke that consist of a world of forfeits and drinking far too much.It only works when you hit the magical stage of the twilight drunk that your still not drunk enough to have no speaking ability and drunk enough to sing and not care bout other peoples opinions.

Kareoke is a brilliant activity to mix with drink..especially when it becomes embarassing..I'll never forget that night we sang Carry on my wayward son with 3 mates in a pub and got banned from singing again.

THATS what it means to me, the drunken activity that requires less dexterity than pool.

yea, its stupid fun not meant to be taken seriously. who cares if people who cant sing have a go at it? those are the best ones :lol:
#31 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Lol the irnoy is that with this Live is basically copying PSN. So who copies who lems?
#32 Posted by mems_1224 (48415 posts) -
Lol the irnoy is that with this Live is basically copying PSN. So who copies who lems?kuraimen
psn still copies xbl a lot more :lol: sorry cow
#33 Posted by funsohng (28980 posts) -
Oh I do love going to Karaoke. I'm pretty sure I went to one more than any people here in this thread, being Asian and all. My personal experience, I always found tons of English songs really hard to sing. And it's not because English is my second language, I speak it better than my mother tongue. Maybe it's just me, but yeah.
#34 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

Lol the irnoy is that with this Live is basically copying PSN. So who copies who lems?kuraimen

Yeah I doubt they want to copy PSN and get hacked for 3 months.

#35 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] I believe that good American (or English songs in general) are too good and quite difficult to be sung at Karaoke with proper respect to the original artists, while the ones that are easy enough are just disgustingly bad songs soaked in ridiculously bad lyrics and horrible auto-tunes with no soul.mems_1224

yea, its stupid fun not meant to be taken seriously. who cares if people who cant sing have a go at it? those are the best ones :lol:

exactly, i play in a band and i just bought a bass rig that probably cost more than most folks on heres PC's :P its just good fun that ultimately forces you to interact when your drunk...I'll never forget the carry on my wayward son incident or the time me and a few guys from work were singin dont stop me now and everyone was singing xD.

Its just a means of drunken entertainment to me and a good laugh at parties.

#36 Posted by funsohng (28980 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

exactly, i play in a band and i just bought a bass rig that probably cost more than most folks on heres PC's :P its just good fun that ultimately forces you to interact when your drunk...I'll never forget the carry on my wayward son incident or the time me and a few guys from work were singin dont stop me now and everyone was singing xD.

Its just a means of drunken entertainment to me and a good laugh at parties.

I am never drunken whenever I go to karaoke with friends. then again, I just don't drink much, and when I do, I usually don't get drunken (either I take more alcohol than normal person or I just don't drink much at all) So probably that's why. I'm tired after drinking and bad singing just frustrates me more.
#37 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Lol the irnoy is that with this Live is basically copying PSN. So who copies who lems?mems_1224

Live should copy it more considering Live is still a rip off and PSN has a great deal like PSN+ while Live gives you helmets lulz.
#38 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Lol the irnoy is that with this Live is basically copying PSN. So who copies who lems?kuraimen

Live should copy it more considering Live is still a rip off and PSN has a great deal like PSN+ while Live gives you helmets lulz.

Sony should be more worried about making a stable and secure online service than being a poor man's Gamefly.

#39 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] psn still copies xbl a lot more :lol: sorry cowJohnnyCageMK

Sony should be more worried about making a stable and secure online service than being a poor man's Gamefly.

At least no money has been stolen from PSN, can't say the same for Live though...
#40 Posted by BPoole96 (22813 posts) -

Karaoke? seriously X360 fans?Mystery_Writer

Yeah, seriously

#41 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Live should copy it more considering Live is still a rip off and PSN has a great deal like PSN+ while Live gives you helmets lulz.kuraimen

At least no money has been stolen from PSN, can't say the same for Live though...

I guess you forgot about all those credit cards stolen on PSN.

#42 Posted by AdobeArtist (23029 posts) -

Karaoke?? :| *stabs ears*

no no, in the name of Cortana, Lara, and all that is holy, let this not be, let this not beeeeeee :cry:

#43 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

JohnnyCageMK

I guess you forgot about all those credit cards stolen on PSN.

Yeah no one lost money there. Live users lost much more.
#44 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I never understood the appeal of karaoke. I take no pleasure in listening to some talentless moron destroy classic songs with his or her sh*tty voice. Leave the singing to the professionals please.

#45 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

I never understood the appeal of karaoke. I take no pleasure in listening to some talentless moron destroy classic songs with his or her sh*tty voice. Leave the singing to the professionals please.

Master_ShakeXXX

Its more fun while drinking.

#46 Posted by freedomfreak (43093 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX
Alcohol helps.
#47 Posted by Heil68 (46840 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]so 66% now?:lol:JohnnyCageMK

so yes? Priceless. Thank you Sony.
#48 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]so 66% now?:lol:Heil68

If you mean more blockbuster genre leading graphics king exclusives for 360 then yes. Thank you Mr. Gates and Major Nelson and the good heroes at Microsoft who keep making this possible.

#49 Posted by Heil68 (46840 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

JohnnyCageMK

If you mean more blockbuster genre leading graphics king exclusives for 360 then yes. Thank you Mr. Gates and Major Nelson and the good heroes at Microsoft who keep making this possible.

66%..lolz
#50 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX

You should try the 'Catch A Rising Star' Karaoke Bar at CityWalk Universal Orlando. They provide an actual back up band with back up singers for whatever song you want to sing. It's almost impossible to sound bad, unless you make up the words.

I remember 1 time doing Karaoke at a different place, I requested Coolio's 'Gangsta Paradise' and did the words to Wierd Al's 'Amish Paradise' instead...