the x1/ps4 ui, lets talk/rant about them

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

the next lem that says x1 ui is better than ps4 i swear will get the biggest slap the world has ever seen from yours truly. the x1 ui is AWFUL. it is the most annoying unusable piece of shit excuse for a ui i have encountered since ps3.

first of all, everything is so damn slow, snapping is a useless feature unless its for watching tv which i dont give a shit about. u have to sacrifice screen space to listen to music in background, manage party etc. i just dont get it. wtf was wrong with xbox mini guide? the whole ui is a cluttered ugly mess. and how the hell do i voice message someone? i cant for the life of me find it anywhere

and the 1 feature i actually wanted to use in nextgen console, the dvr function, u can only record the last 5 min of gameplay which is so stupid and the sound is out of sync. u could record up to 15 min but the recent update reduced it to 5min. not to mention it requires so many button presses, u have to double tap home, select snap, select dvr, wait 10second while it loads then wait another 10 seconds while it says 'saving'.

now from the limited time i have spent with ps4 ui it is FAR superior. it is so much more easier to use and simple to look at and much quicker.

seriously x1 ui fukin sucks

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

lol ghostwarrior thread

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

WiiU and Xbox One have games

PS4 has no games

LOL ghostwarrior thread.

TuuPumpChump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TuuPumpChump
Member since 2014 • 99 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: I'll be waiting for that slap. X1 ui is miles ahead of ps4. First, who listens to music when gaming. And I'm not sure ps4 can even do that now. At least we don't have to leave the screen to manage our party. Have fun while you pause your shit. Yeah it can only record ten 5 minutes but ps4 is 15, which is Equally useless, it's called get a capture card. And with the October update it makes navigation easier. Atleast Microsoft improves there system. Enjoy your stability updates

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I don't know if this is UI related but why are PS4 messages taking forever to load? i have never owned a system that had sms and took this long to load. Wtf is the problem and why after 1y its still not fixed

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

i just dont get it.

I think that is where a lot of this stems from

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Playstation UI is hell regardless. Xbox UI is efficient and easy to get to menus and if thats to hard for someones brain to grasp you can just simply say 'xbox go to __'

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

UI wars!!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The Xbone UI isn't very good, especially compared to the 360...but whatever. You get used to it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I like both. I prefer tiles to PS4's UI, but that's simply preference.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The Xbox ONE was different from the 360 but now that I'm used to it I dont mind it.

The PS4 i have limited time with. I cant take the console for too long before I start to rage in Best Buy or Uncle Cleavers house.

Great thread GhostWarrior

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The Xbox ONE was different from the 360 but now that I'm used to it I dont mind it.

The PS4 i have limited time with. I cant take the console for too long before I start to rage in Best Buy or Uncle Cleavers house.

Great thread GhostWarrior

yes i agree this is a great thread haha

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Not used an X1 so I can't comment but the PS4's UI is somewhat functional but its not very intuitive and its bland as dishwater. What happened to the XMB? That worked, it was laid out in a logical manner. Why the hell does Sony have this "Lets fix what anit broke" attitude....

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I'm very disappointed with the Xbox One's UI, especially in the marketplace, which is so frustrating for me to find what I want in it that I hate using it. Why the hell aren't there separate categories for indie/arcade games and retail games anymore; I don't want them all mixed together. I don't understand how they can go from having the best UI with the 360 to complete crap with the Xbox One's UI.

The PS4 definitely has a better UI than Xbox One at the moment, but it's still nothing special and is incredibly bland.

Xbox 360 still has the best UI of any console and Microsoft needs to make Xbox One's UI more like the 360.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I personally dont like it either, the UI in the 360 was much better, and faster. The record that feature is the only feature I like about the xbone, everything else is just meh. PS4 UI is simple and easy to use, nothing extravagant, but it gets the job done.

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rictshard
Member since 2014 • 265 Posts

I think the problem with the UI on the XB1 is that there's too many menus on it. I guess it's a good thing after you get use to it but it makes it seem like Microsoft really wanted you to use the Kinect to navigate the UI.

PS4 is def a step up from the PS3, I like it being simple but it's a pain to get around when I want to do something beside playing games. The Playstation store for example is pretty bad, also the downloading times are slower than the XB1 but the installation times make up for it. I really like the fact that you can even install an SSD in the PS4, wish I could do the same with the XB1

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the next lem that says x1 ui is better than ps4 i swear will get the biggest slap the world has ever seen from yours truly. the x1 ui is AWFUL. it is the most annoying unusable piece of shit excuse for a ui i have encountered since ps3.

first of all, everything is so damn slow, snapping is a useless feature unless its for watching tv which i dont give a shit about. u have to sacrifice screen space to listen to music in background, manage party etc. i just dont get it. wtf was wrong with xbox mini guide? the whole ui is a cluttered ugly mess. and how the hell do i voice message someone? i cant for the life of me find it anywhere

and the 1 feature i actually wanted to use in nextgen console, the dvr function, u can only record the last 5 min of gameplay which is so stupid and the sound is out of sync. u could record up to 15 min but the recent update reduced it to 5min. not to mention it requires so many button presses, u have to double tap home, select snap, select dvr, wait 10second while it loads then wait another 10 seconds while it says 'saving'.

now from the limited time i have spent with ps4 ui it is FAR superior. it is so much more easier to use and simple to look at and much quicker.

Why do you place so much emphasis on recording game play?? What do you really have so much time in your life that you can sit and watch game film of yourself?? Who cares!!???

Also, I have ZERO issues working with the X1 UI! My Kinect is properly calibrated and I would say it works great about 95% of the time. If for some reason it is acting a bit strange, I still have this thing called A CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes, working that left thumb stick and pressing a button is just torturous!!!!

A post like this can only be made by the biggest of fanboys. You opinions are very biased and lack factual evidence as to what is good or bad about either UI. Heck, you admit that you have spent "limited time" with the PS4 UI. That statement in and of itself lables you a raging fanboy!!! You are probably one of those guys that would buy bags of dog shit if it had a "PS" logo on it!!!

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

The "metro"/tile UI is absolute shit. The PS4 UI isn't great either but Xbox One is terrible.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

As someone who has extensive experience with both UIs, allow me to address your points:

Firstly, the Xbox One UI isn't slow. This is simply a false statement. Admittedly, after a console boot-up, 1st party apps like friends, achievements, messages, etc take 1~3 seconds to open but after that initial load those apps open instantly. Zero wait time. By contrast, the PS4 also has to load/sync trophies and it's friends list so trying to argue about waiting times is rather moot. The Xbox One performs just as fast as the "simple and elegant" PS4 in terms of general usage.

Secondly, snapping is extremely useful and is one of the major advantages of the Xbox One UI over the PS4 UI. It's not all about watching TV in splitscreen (which is a great option btw). Double tap the home button and you get the Snap Center which houses friends, achievements, party, messages, and Game DVR. This is basically the same functionality as opening the Guide Menu with the Home Button on 360. Just like with the 360 Guide Menu, with the Snap Center you have a central menu for all your most used functions/apps. But now on the Xbox One you can utilize all the apps without having to leave your game. I'm not talking about leaving your game in a suspended state while you access these apps. I'm talking about being able to truly multitask. You want to check your friends list while gaming to see what buddies are online and what they are playing in real time?.. Just snap the friends app while you keep gaming. You want to check your achievements progress in real time while you play?.. Just snap the achievements app while you keep gaming. You sent out a bunch of Party invites and want to keep track of who's joined and who hasn't joined your party in real time?.. Just snap the party app while you keep gaming. Messaging back and forth with a friend while trying to game?.. Just snap the message app and have a threaded conversation on-screen so you can read recent full messages while you keep gaming.

Snap is all about not having to leave your game..

By contrast, on the PS4, if you want to check your friends list you have hit the Home Button and leave your game. If you want to check your trophy progress, you have to hit the Home button and leave your game. If your want to read new full messages in a conversation, you have to hit the Home Button and leave your game. If you want to check/manage your Party, you have to hit the Home button and leave your game. At best, you can keep your desired function/app as your "most recent" app and double tap Home to return to that app but if you're complaining about "sacrificing screen space", how much gaming screen space are you "sacrificing" when you do that on the PS4?.. 100% screen space sir. And beyond that, you can keep track of these functions in real time on Xbox One. You cant do that the PS4 without leaving your game. The ability to snap apps in splitscreen while gaming is a clear advantage for the Xbox One UI.

In terms of game recording, it's really a wash. The Xbox One has arguably the best way to record a quick clip of a recent action. "Xbox, Record That" or double tap the Home button and hit X to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay. Quick, simple. beyond that, admittedly pressing the PS4 Share button is a faster way to gain access to the DVR menu in comparison to double tapping the Home button on Xbox One to access the Game DVR menu from the Snap Center but with the widely reported problems people have been having with the PS4 Share button not recording clips, I still can't call that a clear advantage. It's basically a tie.

The Xbox One Snap Center brings the UI experience right inline to what we had on the 360 in many regards. Add other functionality like Friend Notifications, DNLA streaming, Instant Resume for games from Stand-By, more apps, and other features/options available on the Xbox One that aren't available on the PS4 and you get a FAR better UI experience on the XB1 imho.. What you call "simple to look at" can also be described as "bare bones" and "limited"..

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

I am quite fond of the X1 UI. PS4's is SOOOO much improved from the PS3

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points