The Wither 3: 720p on Xbox 1/ 900p on PS4

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by silversix_ (13394 posts) -

@silversix_: it's not blurry. Witj the amount of bs you let out on this site you think you would run out. Yet, you never do. Amazing

You can't notice blur because your eyes are used to ps360 standards. Play BF3 or 4 on pc (not even maxed out, only medium settings/x4 MSAA and 1080p) it makes a humongus difference. Im sorry you can't notice that cuz 720p/900p ftw right? lol

#52 Posted by Kiro0 (1173 posts) -

Well at least I'll be playing this at 1080p. And I'm sure it'll look better than it will on consoles regardless of my resolution. Can't wait for this game after Witcher 2.

#53 Posted by Shielder7 (4380 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

LOL playing the Witcher on consoles.

I hope the pc version has proper controller support this time around, I hate playing darksouls with a mouse and keyboard.

Don't count on it, in fact they're probably just tell you to get the best experience from the PC version is to use a mouse and keyboard again. One of the many reasons I don't like PC gaming.

#54 Edited by LustForSoul (5764 posts) -

Newsflash for PS4 fanboys, 900p isn't 1080p. That's PC power.

#55 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

I hope the pc version has proper controller support this time around, I hate playing darksouls with a mouse and keyboard.

Don't count on it, in fact they're probably just tell you to get the best experience from the PC version is to use a mouse and keyboard again. One of the many reasons I don't like PC gaming.

The PC version of TW2 worked great on the 360 controller.

#56 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12628 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

The PC version of TW2 worked great on the 360 controller.

Not even, selecting spells was particularly a pain the ass. The 360 version controlled much better, it's a shame those same inputs were never brought over.

#57 Edited by topgunmv (10028 posts) -

If you aren't playing this on pc then you're doing it wrong.

That said, it's kind of disappointing that devs are having such an issue with resolutions already. Even my phone has a 1080p screen.

#58 Posted by NFJSupreme (5007 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

That said, it's kind of disappointing that devs are having such an issue with resolutions already. Even my phone has a 1080p screen.

your phone can't play the witcher at 1080p

Anyway 1080p and 60fps is a pipe dream for this gen. If games are at 1080p and 60fps just take it as a sign of lazy devs who didn't want to dig deeper and show these consoles can really do.

#59 Edited by topgunmv (10028 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

Anyway 1080p and 60fps is a pipe dream for this gen. If games are at 1080p and 60fps just take it as a sign of lazy devs who didn't want to dig deeper and show these consoles can really do.

I never said it could.

The point was when even phones are moving to a 1080p standard for screens, you have to question how well sony and microsoft planned for the future in terms of power.

#60 Posted by lostrib (30801 posts) -

@topgunmv said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@topgunmv said:

I never said it could.

The point was when even phones are moving to a 1080p standard for screens, you have to question how well sony and microsoft planned for the future in terms of power.

Your point doesn't make any sense

#61 Posted by topgunmv (10028 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@topgunmv said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@topgunmv said:

I never said it could.

Your point doesn't make any sense

1080p is the baseline standard for displays now.

#62 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13680 posts) -

Sorry guys, but this game was meant for PC.

#63 Posted by sailor232 (4228 posts) -

Played the first 2 on my pc, will play the third on it as well. Consoles underpowered from the get go, will be a long gen for them.

#64 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1663 posts) -

What 'gamer' would even think about playing this on a console anyway.

They could have been 480p and it would be fine. It's only the PC version that concerns us.

It's time to write off these consoles as viable main platforms they're falling too far behind for their ridiculous fees.

This ^^

#65 Posted by Vecna (3305 posts) -

Newsflash for PS4 fanboys, 900p isn't 1080p. That's PC power.

QFT.

#66 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2189 posts) -

Wait wait wait...did I just hear cows saying 900p is good enough? And X1...lol. I'm willing to bet in the later cycle X1 will drop to sub-HD. Utterly shameful that consoles can't do even Full HD in 2014.

#67 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

I might be building a PC this Fall. 900p won't cut it going forward.

#68 Edited by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

900p nice, not like that extra 180p makes that much of a difference any way.

I'll be buying The Witcher 3 on PS4, expect the majority of The Witcher 3 sales to be PS4 bound. I'm sure CD Projekt will be happy with the extra few million sales from PS4 instead of you know having their game being pirated all the time. :) It will give them great incentive in the future to make PS4 their number 1 gaming platform.

#69 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

What the fuck does your phone resolution have to do with anything?

#70 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

900p nice, not like that extra 180p makes that much of a difference any way.

I'll be buying The Witcher 3 on PS4, expect the majority of The Witcher 3 sales to be PS4 bound. I'm sure CD Projekt will be happy with the extra few million sales from PS4 instead of you know having their game being pirated all the time. :) It will give them great incentive in the future to make PS4 their number 1 gaming platform.

I agree with everything you said except the 900p not being a big deal. This is BAD news going forward. Will Cyberpunk 2077 be 720p on PS4 in a couple of years? Guessing the The Division will be sub-1080p as well.

#71 Edited by Mesomorphin (645 posts) -

People need to stop going crazy over resolution. I currently work in an industry of video editing/filming on site. And in the film industry, resolution is important as movies are all about how they present themselves to you without any interactivity. Video games are alot different, resolution in video games isn't as stress worthy as many people seem to think it is. Video games are about how "you" the player can interactive with them, its all about the gameplay experience and various film elements such as story, narrative and voice acting. Resolution is the cherry on top, its that tiny bit extra that shouldn't really make such a huge deal! the difference between 900p and 1080p is minimal in a video game! its the graphics themselves that offer the detail. One man/woman can play Witcher 3 on his/her xbox one/ps4 and can still have a smile on their face, when the credits role at the end of the game, their still playing in high definition and they can still understand whats going on. The game is still fully playable and you can still grasp everything it has to offer, with the exception of barely noticeable clearer pixels.

#72 Posted by EZs (1309 posts) -

People need to stop going crazy over resolution. I currently work in an industry of video editing/filming on site. And in the film industry, resolution is important as movies are all about how they present themselves to you without any interactivity. Video games are alot different, resolution in video games isn't as stress worthy as many people seem to think it is. Video games are about how "you" the player can interactive with them, its all about the gameplay experience and various film elements such as story, narrative and voice acting. Resolution is the cherry on top, its that tiny bit extra that shouldn't really make such a huge deal! the difference between 900p and 1080p is minimal in a video game! its the graphics themselves that offer the detail. One man/woman can play Witcher 3 on his/her xbox one/ps4 and can still have a smile on their face, when the credits role at the end of the game, their still playing in high definition and they can still understand whats going on. The game is still fully playable and you can still grasp everything it has to offer, with the exception of barely noticeable clearer pixels.

While I agree with you differences between 900p and 1080p is very minimal, what about some other games that has differences between 720p and 1080p? would you still says it's very minimal?

#73 Posted by AM-Gamer (3276 posts) -

@MonsieurX: LOL it will be far higher then medium settings let the butthurt flow.

#74 Edited by Mesomorphin (645 posts) -

@EZs Yes I would agree that the gap between 720p and 1080p is quite a leap, although in all honesty it's still nothing game changing! in a movie maybe... we can see that between reg HD and Blu-ray. But in a game running at 60 frames per second, its honest to god barely noticeable and after about an hour of playing your eye tends to forget all about it anyway. I stare at video editing programs alot, and I'am constantly working with 720p/1080p videos and its never been a game changer, the quality in 720p HD still looks great, and there is alot of uneducated hate towards it. Your decision to choose the PS4 version of the game over the XBONE version should not be over the resolution, rather because you prefer that system more. It just comes across as a more convenient way for PS4 players to hate on the xbox.

#75 Posted by MonsieurX (28410 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@MonsieurX: LOL it will be far higher then medium settings let the butthurt flow.

keep wishing

#76 Posted by brut_fruit (91 posts) -

so PS4 gets the DEFINITIVE CONSOLE VERSION

#77 Posted by tdkmillsy (1190 posts) -

and PC get the DEFINITIVE VERSION PERIOD

#78 Posted by napo_sp (191 posts) -

I'll play this on 21:9 3440x1440 at pc, poor consolites can't do proper 1080p, no hope of ever tasting 21:9 properly.

#79 Posted by 001011000101101 (3911 posts) -

Could care less. Hopefully the game play and story are good.

COULDN'T CARE LESS. When do you people fucking learn!?

#80 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

What 'gamer' would even think about playing this on a console anyway.

They could have been 480p and it would be fine. It's only the PC version that concerns us.

It's time to write off these consoles as viable main platforms they're falling too far behind for their ridiculous fees.

this.

way over due. Consoles are dead...finally

#81 Edited by MK-Professor (3620 posts) -

What what? they are still releasing games for this prehistoric consoles?

I am going to play W3 with 1440p, ultra, and 60fps, while paying less than consolites.

#82 Posted by brut_fruit (91 posts) -

@brut_fruit said:

and PC get the DEFINITIVE VERSION PERIOD

WHATEVERRRR!! dude ps4 version better than xbone sounds good to me