The Wither 3: 720p on Xbox 1/ 900p on PS4

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@silversix_: it's not blurry. Witj the amount of bs you let out on this site you think you would run out. Yet, you never do. Amazing

You can't notice blur because your eyes are used to ps360 standards. Play BF3 or 4 on pc (not even maxed out, only medium settings/x4 MSAA and 1080p) it makes a humongus difference. Im sorry you can't notice that cuz 720p/900p ftw right? lol

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Well at least I'll be playing this at 1080p. And I'm sure it'll look better than it will on consoles regardless of my resolution. Can't wait for this game after Witcher 2.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

LOL playing the Witcher on consoles.

I hope the pc version has proper controller support this time around, I hate playing darksouls with a mouse and keyboard.

Don't count on it, in fact they're probably just tell you to get the best experience from the PC version is to use a mouse and keyboard again. One of the many reasons I don't like PC gaming.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Newsflash for PS4 fanboys, 900p isn't 1080p. That's PC power.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

I hope the pc version has proper controller support this time around, I hate playing darksouls with a mouse and keyboard.

Don't count on it, in fact they're probably just tell you to get the best experience from the PC version is to use a mouse and keyboard again. One of the many reasons I don't like PC gaming.

The PC version of TW2 worked great on the 360 controller.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

The PC version of TW2 worked great on the 360 controller.

Not even, selecting spells was particularly a pain the ass. The 360 version controlled much better, it's a shame those same inputs were never brought over.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

If you aren't playing this on pc then you're doing it wrong.

That said, it's kind of disappointing that devs are having such an issue with resolutions already. Even my phone has a 1080p screen.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@topgunmv said:

That said, it's kind of disappointing that devs are having such an issue with resolutions already. Even my phone has a 1080p screen.

your phone can't play the witcher at 1080p

Anyway 1080p and 60fps is a pipe dream for this gen. If games are at 1080p and 60fps just take it as a sign of lazy devs who didn't want to dig deeper and show these consoles can really do.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By topgunmv
@NFJSupreme said:

@topgunmv said:

Anyway 1080p and 60fps is a pipe dream for this gen. If games are at 1080p and 60fps just take it as a sign of lazy devs who didn't want to dig deeper and show these consoles can really do.

I never said it could.

The point was when even phones are moving to a 1080p standard for screens, you have to question how well sony and microsoft planned for the future in terms of power.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@topgunmv said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@topgunmv said:

I never said it could.

The point was when even phones are moving to a 1080p standard for screens, you have to question how well sony and microsoft planned for the future in terms of power.

Your point doesn't make any sense

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 topgunmv

@lostrib said:

@topgunmv said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@topgunmv said:

I never said it could.

Your point doesn't make any sense

1080p is the baseline standard for displays now.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Sorry guys, but this game was meant for PC.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Played the first 2 on my pc, will play the third on it as well. Consoles underpowered from the get go, will be a long gen for them.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#64 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

What 'gamer' would even think about playing this on a console anyway.

They could have been 480p and it would be fine. It's only the PC version that concerns us.

It's time to write off these consoles as viable main platforms they're falling too far behind for their ridiculous fees.

This ^^

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

@LustForSoul said:

Newsflash for PS4 fanboys, 900p isn't 1080p. That's PC power.

QFT.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Wait wait wait...did I just hear cows saying 900p is good enough? And X1...lol. I'm willing to bet in the later cycle X1 will drop to sub-HD. Utterly shameful that consoles can't do even Full HD in 2014.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I might be building a PC this Fall. 900p won't cut it going forward.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

900p nice, not like that extra 180p makes that much of a difference any way.

I'll be buying The Witcher 3 on PS4, expect the majority of The Witcher 3 sales to be PS4 bound. I'm sure CD Projekt will be happy with the extra few million sales from PS4 instead of you know having their game being pirated all the time. :) It will give them great incentive in the future to make PS4 their number 1 gaming platform.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@topgunmv said:

What the **** does your phone resolution have to do with anything?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 StrongBlackVine
@Crossel777 said:

900p nice, not like that extra 180p makes that much of a difference any way.

I'll be buying The Witcher 3 on PS4, expect the majority of The Witcher 3 sales to be PS4 bound. I'm sure CD Projekt will be happy with the extra few million sales from PS4 instead of you know having their game being pirated all the time. :) It will give them great incentive in the future to make PS4 their number 1 gaming platform.

I agree with everything you said except the 900p not being a big deal. This is BAD news going forward. Will Cyberpunk 2077 be 720p on PS4 in a couple of years? Guessing the The Division will be sub-1080p as well.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

People need to stop going crazy over resolution. I currently work in an industry of video editing/filming on site. And in the film industry, resolution is important as movies are all about how they present themselves to you without any interactivity. Video games are alot different, resolution in video games isn't as stress worthy as many people seem to think it is. Video games are about how "you" the player can interactive with them, its all about the gameplay experience and various film elements such as story, narrative and voice acting. Resolution is the cherry on top, its that tiny bit extra that shouldn't really make such a huge deal! the difference between 900p and 1080p is minimal in a video game! its the graphics themselves that offer the detail. One man/woman can play Witcher 3 on his/her xbox one/ps4 and can still have a smile on their face, when the credits role at the end of the game, their still playing in high definition and they can still understand whats going on. The game is still fully playable and you can still grasp everything it has to offer, with the exception of barely noticeable clearer pixels.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

People need to stop going crazy over resolution. I currently work in an industry of video editing/filming on site. And in the film industry, resolution is important as movies are all about how they present themselves to you without any interactivity. Video games are alot different, resolution in video games isn't as stress worthy as many people seem to think it is. Video games are about how "you" the player can interactive with them, its all about the gameplay experience and various film elements such as story, narrative and voice acting. Resolution is the cherry on top, its that tiny bit extra that shouldn't really make such a huge deal! the difference between 900p and 1080p is minimal in a video game! its the graphics themselves that offer the detail. One man/woman can play Witcher 3 on his/her xbox one/ps4 and can still have a smile on their face, when the credits role at the end of the game, their still playing in high definition and they can still understand whats going on. The game is still fully playable and you can still grasp everything it has to offer, with the exception of barely noticeable clearer pixels.

While I agree with you differences between 900p and 1080p is very minimal, what about some other games that has differences between 720p and 1080p? would you still says it's very minimal?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@MonsieurX: LOL it will be far higher then medium settings let the butthurt flow.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@EZs Yes I would agree that the gap between 720p and 1080p is quite a leap, although in all honesty it's still nothing game changing! in a movie maybe... we can see that between reg HD and Blu-ray. But in a game running at 60 frames per second, its honest to god barely noticeable and after about an hour of playing your eye tends to forget all about it anyway. I stare at video editing programs alot, and I'am constantly working with 720p/1080p videos and its never been a game changer, the quality in 720p HD still looks great, and there is alot of uneducated hate towards it. Your decision to choose the PS4 version of the game over the XBONE version should not be over the resolution, rather because you prefer that system more. It just comes across as a more convenient way for PS4 players to hate on the xbox.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@MonsieurX: LOL it will be far higher then medium settings let the butthurt flow.

keep wishing

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

so PS4 gets the DEFINITIVE CONSOLE VERSION

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@brut_fruit said:

and PC get the DEFINITIVE VERSION PERIOD

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

I'll play this on 21:9 3440x1440 at pc, poor consolites can't do proper 1080p, no hope of ever tasting 21:9 properly.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#79 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

@madskills6117 said:

Could care less. Hopefully the game play and story are good.

COULDN'T CARE LESS. When do you people fucking learn!?

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

What what? they are still releasing games for this prehistoric consoles?

I am going to play W3 with 1440p, ultra, and 60fps, while paying less than consolites.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@brut_fruit said:

and PC get the DEFINITIVE VERSION PERIOD