The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Xbox One exclusive feature leaked

• 83 results
#1 Edited by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

http://www.totalxbox.com/78531/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-xbox-one-exclusive-feature-leaked/

Some unscrupulous individuals have apparently hacked into the Google Drive of a developer on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and uncovered a huge amount of information on the game, including its endings, concept art, maps, and Xbox One exclusive features.

-

but let's talk more about those special Xbox One features. It's no suprise that the game will include Kinect and SmartGlass functionality, but one particularly interesting feature alluded to in the documents is "commentary mode," which we can only assume is a neat little integration that has your phone or tablet display various tidbits of developer commentary as you play your way through the game. As a fan of that sort of thing on film blu-rays and DVDs, I'm interested - are you?

-

A portion of the game map also revealed, is ridiculously huge.

Also leaked is a map of Ard Skellig, an island in the Skellige archipelago that represents just a portion of the game's final playable area. And it's massive. This is apparently what the design document says about the location: "After establishing the regions of Ard Skellig, we had a startup layout to begin scattering points of interest that make consistent sense and serve as gameplay and/or navigation spots.

"The density allows for a constant nav. assistance for the player while leaving enough room for "extracurricular activities". The POI [point of interest] grid also takes the "offshore section" into consideration by populating the sea around the eastern-mountains with POIs."

sounds good...for Xbox users. i wonder how they integrated Kinect into the game....

#2 Edited by finalstar2007 (24890 posts) -
#3 Posted by clyde46 (44128 posts) -

PC is still going to have the best version.

#4 Posted by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

It seems like BOTH the PS4 and X1 will have exclusive content/features not just 1 system: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/22/the-witcher-3-possible-ps4-and-xbox-one-exclusive-features-found-in-leaked-design-documents/

which i find is strange since im sure the developers said in May that there wont be any exclusive content for any system http://www.gameskinny.com/d51rl/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-will-not-have-console-exclusive-content

ur link says "maybe" for the ps4 content :c/

"On the PlayStation side of things, the use of th DualShock 4 light and other “PS4 features” are marked as “maybe.”

#5 Edited by finalstar2007 (24890 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@finalstar2007 said:

It seems like BOTH the PS4 and X1 will have exclusive content/features not just 1 system: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/22/the-witcher-3-possible-ps4-and-xbox-one-exclusive-features-found-in-leaked-design-documents/

which i find is strange since im sure the developers said in May that there wont be any exclusive content for any system http://www.gameskinny.com/d51rl/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-will-not-have-console-exclusive-content

"On the PlayStation side of things, the use of th DualShock 4 light and other “PS4 features” are marked as “maybe.”

We wont know for sure which is real and which is not as both systems seem to possibly have some exclusive content/features, we'll wait for the official word but again the developers said many times that there wont be any exclusive content so this is weird.

#6 Edited by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@finalstar2007 said:

We wont know for sure which is real and which is not as both systems seem to possibly have some exclusive content/features, we'll wait for the official word but again the developers said many times that there wont be any exclusive content so this is weird.

no, the Kinect and Smartglass features are in there...we don't know about the ps4 features though. if we go by this leak at least. you know what maybe means.

#7 Posted by Vecna (3373 posts) -

How depressing this must be for the developers. Hackers are a plague.

Looking forward to the pc release, and I certainly am not interested in getting any spoilers.

#8 Posted by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -

I see no reason to get this on Xbox One instead of PS4.

#9 Posted by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

lol

#10 Edited by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

lol

A man of few words? Ok, well, up to this point I see no reason to get it on Xbone. If the reviews say it's broken on PS4 or significantly better on the One, I'll reconsider.

Fanboy "sources" from hackers certainly wont help anyone make these kinds of decisions.

#11 Posted by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bigboi500 said:

lol

A man of few words? Ok, well, up to this point I see no reason to get it on Xbone. If the reviews say it's broken on PS4 or significantly better on the One, I'll reconsider.

Fanboy "sources" from hackers certainly wont help anyone make these kinds of decisions.

i can respect that. go with ur gut.

#12 Posted by uninspiredcup (7667 posts) -

Game is overpriced. CD Projeckt massively overvalue themselves.

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (16614 posts) -

@Vecna said:

Looking forward to the pc release, and I certainly am not interested in getting any spoilers.

You know I own an X1 and have used smartglass on DR3 and its cool. Nothing earth shattering but nice little additions, and yes @tymeservesfate I enjoy commentary, but probably not on the first playthrough. I own the first two on PC and have reserved this for PC.

I agree whole heartedly with Vecna. It is a plague. Its an absolute lack of integrity.

#14 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

Maybe someone started the series on Xbox 360 and wants to carry it on to Xbox One?

Granted I started the series on PC but I finished the second one on 360. I have no intention of getting PS4 ever nor would I ever get The Witcher 3 for this platform.

#15 Edited by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Maybe someone started the series on Xbox 360 and wants to carry it on to Xbox One?

Granted I started the series on PC but I finished the second one on 360. I have no intention of getting PS4 ever nor would I ever get The Witcher 3 for this platform.

Ok?

#16 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1019 posts) -

Because TW2 was on the 360, but not on PS3? And by that logic, why would anyone buy the console version when the entire series is ony available on the PC?

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Ok?

A man of few words aswell, it would seem

#17 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3755 posts) -

Dat marketing deal.

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -
#19 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

CDPR said there would be no exclusive content on any platforms

#20 Edited by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

pc still have better version #dealwithit, these exclusive crap cracks me up

#21 Posted by tormentos (16814 posts) -

no, the Kinect and Smartglass features are in there...we don't know about the ps4 features though. if we go by this leak at least. you know what maybe means.

So i have to play with a controller,kinect and a tablet as well.?

Seems to cumbersome.

#22 Posted by KungfuKitten (20782 posts) -

If something works differently on one platform than another, I'd hesitate to call that an 'exclusive' feature. I know I have heard them talk about commentary stuff for the PC version. I wouldn't worry too much about getting enough content from these guys. They are trying harder than any other company out there to keep things fair for the consumer.

#23 Posted by Alcapello (672 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

You mean like watchdogs? LOL

#24 Posted by coasterguy65 (5843 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

Seems to cumbersome.

No no...you play with the version that has the gigantic, battery draining light, that changes colors. Which of course you cannot see unless you sit in front of a mirror (or your TV is super reflective, or you play in some other un-natural way).

#25 Edited by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Include Kinect(lol) and SmartGlass functionality,

Oh boy...lol

#26 Edited by tormentos (16814 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Seems to cumbersome.

No no...you play with the version that has the gigantic, battery draining light, that changes colors. Which of course you cannot see unless you sit in front of a mirror (or your TV is super reflective, or you play in some other un-natural way).

You mean the one i can dimm with the new update and last longer now.?

Oh wait in what the fu** that affect me my controller has a RECHARGEABLE BATTERY so when the xbox one duracell run out what do you do.? Run to the market in mid game.?

Please dude you look stupid playing with controller,kinect and a damn tables is stupidly cumbersome..lol

#27 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

Why do people lol @ the Kinect ? Especially when it finally gets alil support and content...... What a bunch of Douchebags !

#28 Edited by Kinthalis (5291 posts) -

@alcapello said:

@clyde46 said:

Does watchdogs run at 1440p solid 60 FPS with WAY better lighting and shadows on PS4?

LOL. Nope. 900p 30 FPs with dips BELOW that and no HBAO, half reoslution shadows and post processing effects and jaggies up the @ss.

PC version IS the superior version even of shoddy Ubisoft games.

#29 Posted by coasterguy65 (5843 posts) -

@coasterguy65 said:

Oh wait in what the fu** that affect me my controller has a RECHARGEABLE BATTERY so when the xbox one duracell run out what do you do.? Run to the market in mid game.?

Please dude you look stupid playing with controller,kinect and a damn tables is stupidly cumbersome..lol

I know this is going to blow your very limited mind (still arguing rechargable batteries I see...lol), but you don't have to use Kinect, nor do you have to use Smart Glass to play the game. They are just options for people that want them. More options are always better as long as they stay options. I bet if CDPR added the same features to the Vita your butt would be sitting front and center balancing a Vita and a controller with a Sony loves me grin on your face right?

Also stop trying to defend Sony's gigantic battery draining light. Even at it's lowest current setting. It's still a wasted drain on the battery unless you own a PS4 camera, and are playing Move games (are there any outside of the Game room app?). The new update should have added an option to turn the damn light off if you don't need it.

#30 Posted by WallofTruth (1409 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Not for most people.

#31 Edited by darkangel115 (1485 posts) -

@coasterguy65 said:
@tormentos said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Seems to cumbersome.

In all fairness, If you actually had a PS4 like me, You'd know the dimming doesn't really do anything. This is why people without the now gen consoles shouldn't try to argue. Lack of experience leads to "on paper" arguments.

#32 Edited by BldgIrsh (1318 posts) -

@walloftruth: The PC is still gonna have the best version.... If you are capable. The systems will be static.

Now, with this leak I hope the devs don't change the endings and do a huge overhaul to the game to try and change it...

#33 Posted by lostrib (33450 posts) -

Is the special feature 900p?

#34 Posted by silversix_ (13923 posts) -

I always thought the only exclusive feature the Bone was getting is 900p

#35 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Since I see no reason to get a PS4, lol, I see every reason to get this on the One:)

#36 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3979 posts) -

@Vecna said:

@tymeservesfate Not hackers; One of the devs on the team accidently set access of the whole design doc on public, and people briefly had access to it. No foul play involved.

#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13133 posts) -

#38 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27328 posts) -

Awwww I thought it would be screen tearing ;'(

#39 Posted by B4X (3406 posts) -

Dat arse in your sig....

Day 1 dat arse.....I mean the game !!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by B4X (3406 posts) -
#41 Edited by sam890 (1057 posts) -
#42 Posted by Alcapello (672 posts) -

@alcapello said:

@clyde46 said:

Does watchdogs run at 1440p solid 60 FPS with WAY better lighting and shadows on PS4?

LOL. Nope. 900p 30 FPs with dips BELOW that and no HBAO, half reoslution shadows and post processing effects and jaggies up the @ss.

What does it matter how it looks like when the game is a buggy mess!!!

#43 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2283 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

No ... like Witcher 2 . BTW downgraded Watch Dogs is still best on PC .

#44 Edited by Chutebox (36452 posts) -

That is. ... As far away to interesting as humanly possible

#45 Edited by Alcapello (672 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@alcapello said:

@clyde46 said:

Not according to this review, coming from a PC gamer:

http://angryjoeshow.com/2014/06/watch-dogs-angry-review/

The game is a P.O.S. on PC and all are advised to stay away from it.

#46 Posted by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

@b4x said:

Dat arse in your sig....

Day 1 dat arse.....I mean the game !!!!!!!!

LOLLLLLL

#47 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4142 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@alcapello said:

@clyde46 said:

by angry joe?

well considering he doesn't seem to know anything about anything, I'll ignore his advice if that's OK?

#48 Edited by tormentos (16814 posts) -

In all fairness, If you actually had a PS4 like me, You'd know the dimming doesn't really do anything. This is why people without the now gen consoles shouldn't try to argue. Lack of experience leads to "on paper" arguments.

I own a PS4 you sad troll and the dimm does help the battery life it last longer now for me after i dimm it,which again is a no issue since it has a damn rechargeable battery troll.

No emergency running to the market to get 2 duracell..lol

I know this is going to blow your very limited mind (still arguing rechargable batteries I see...lol), but you don't have to use Kinect, nor do you have to use Smart Glass to play the game. They are just options for people that want them. More options are always better as long as they stay options. I bet if CDPR added the same features to the Vita your butt would be sitting front and center balancing a Vita and a controller with a Sony loves me grin on your face right?

Also stop trying to defend Sony's gigantic battery draining light. Even at it's lowest current setting. It's still a wasted drain on the battery unless you own a PS4 camera, and are playing Move games (are there any outside of the Game room app?). The new update should have added an option to turn the damn light off if you don't need it.

Who ask for that sh**.? lol

Hell now most xbox one that will be sold will come without kinect.

Funny you were the one who bring the battery argument dude,now you cry about it because i make you look dumb.

No matter how much my battery runs out it can be recharge which is more than can be say by a 2014 xbox one which still milk its users for rechargeable kits.

I don't own a Vita and never care for it so no..lol

Oh i am not defending the light,i am saying they make an update to dim it which i did and now last longer,hell there is a mode online to deactivate it if you don't like it.

Neither does PC unless you give up something or have a $3k PC look at the Titan OC to 780TI 55FPS with drops into the 46FPS,sure you can go lower in quality and drop some effects but how does that make it any different than the PS4 dropping resolution and effects to achieve the same.?

#49 Edited by lostrib (33450 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@alcapello said:

@clyde46 said:

I have it on PC, it's far from a POS

#50 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Lol at kinect and smartglass.

Meanwhile the PS4 version runs at 1080p with higher frame rate.