• 79 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt vs Fallout 4 vs Dragon Age: Inquisition (118 votes)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 84%
Fallout 4 8%
Dragon Age: Inquisition 8%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These are the three big WRPGs that have been released so far this generation- my question to System Wars is, how do you rank them? Which is the best, and which is the worst one? And why?

• 
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Guess what I voted for char.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@khoofia_pika: Dragon Age?

shalashaska_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 shalashaska_
Member since 2015 • 204 Posts

I actually liked all the games for different reasons. Witcher is probably going to take it though

reavis86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 reavis86
Member since 2013 • 223 Posts

I voted Witcher 3. I can't even begin to list the many ways that this title raised the bar for the wrpg genre. Fallout 4 and DAI both a good/great games in the genre, but neither really "raised the bar". While they do many things right, I just wouldnt consider them genre defining like the Witcher 3.

The Witcher 3 does have faults, though. Maybe not faults to the Witcher franchise, but it has faults that is keeping it from being a perfect wrpg. As great as all the quests are (story and side), in a wrpg, i want guilds like Oblivion/skyrim, but with the attention to detail that all quests in the witcher received. I want the ability to buy many homes...build my own home. Things that other wrpgs have done, but never perfected. These elements really doesnt mesh with Geralt, so it is understandable why these are not in the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@reavis86 said:

I voted Witcher 3. I can't even begin to list the many ways that this title raised the bar for the wrpg genre. Fallout 4 and DAI both a good/great games in the genre, but neither really "raised the bar". While they do many things right, I just wouldnt consider them genre defining like the Witcher 3.

The Witcher 3 does have faults, though. Maybe not faults to the Witcher franchise, but it has faults that is keeping it from being a perfect wrpg. As great as all the quests are (story and side), in a wrpg, i want guilds like Oblivion/skyrim, but with the attention to detail that all quests in the witcher received. I want the ability to buy many homes...build my own home. Things that other wrpgs have done, but never perfected. These elements really doesnt mesh with Geralt, so it is understandable why these are not in the game.

What they could have done was to allow players to sort of... build and maintain Kaer Morhen as a settlement. You know, invest money into rebuilding it, investming money in defenses, armory, maybe have merchants set up shop there, things like that. Like how Xenoblade or Assassin's Creed did it. That would have been fine, and would have also gone along with Geralt's character too.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 khoofia_pika

@charizard1605 said:

@khoofia_pika: Dragon Age?

**** off char

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Can't get into Fallout 4. Recently bought Dragon Age: Inquisition. Played it for a bit, but I don't see it beating The Witcher 3.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@charizard1605: Witcher 3 VS. ... Fallout 4 and DAI .... well

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Fallout 4

Witcher 3 was damn good, Inquisition is one of the most overrated games in recent memory. That map layout is fucking atrocious. Can't count how many times I had to backtrack or went in the complete opposite direction of my goal.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#10 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Lol Dragon Age Inquisition.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Well, this poll is extremely one sided.

Guess that is what happens when you pit a great game vs two bad ones.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Lol dragon age inquisition. Anyone who calls that game 8+/10 losses any hope

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

The Witcher 3 >>> Dragon Age: Inquisition >>>>>>>> Fallout 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

This is an overkill.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

TW3 by miles

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Yeah Witcher 3 is going to win easily. Haven't gotten to play W3 a lot yet but I do have it. I really enjoyed Fallout 4 and DA:I. They definitely have big problems, but they were pretty interesting and fun RPGs.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

From a purely gameplay standpoint all of these games are just sorta "okay."

Fallout has better shooting mechanics but really gimped character progression. Dragon Age has decent combat variety but the encounter design is incredibly boring. Witcher 3's system is just a bit too simple and easy to be compelling.

My vote goes for Witcher III though because unlike the other 3 it manages to tell an incredibly engaging story with really great characters and some fantastic twists. Fallout 3 and DA:I just feel like they're going through the motions.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

There isn't a gif in my entire reaction folder that can sum up the entirety of the "lel" that has built up inside me.

So I'm just going to be ironic and vote for Fallout 4.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Witcher 3.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Why would you do dis? DA:I was as shallow as it gets. The most mediocre title i've played in years. If that is what's to be expected from ME4... please no. No. Please no. Don't do it Bioware. I don't want to have huge open world filled with braindead quests every 5 feet.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Did we need to do this? One of the best RPGs of all time vs 2 mediocre games. The vote(s) for Fallout 4 are probably from mems and someone must have voted for Dragon Age as a joke.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I think my choice will be Witcher 3 but I need to actually play it first.

Why no Divinity Original Sin option? Lots of people seem to like that one.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

The Witcher 3. I am enjoying Fallout 4 now and I am enjoying it. I tried DA when it was free on EA access. My subscription ended and it didn't grab me enough to make me want to keep subscribing or playing the game. The Witcher series is one of my favorites and 3 was near perfect imo.

EndlessOcean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EndlessOcean
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

Played all three ganes for at least 100 hours and for me it's Witcher 3 >>>>Fallout 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dragon Age Inqusition.

I enjoy Fallout and Witcher for what they tried to achieve. Witcher 3 is a story driven rpg with strong writing and a lot of intereesting and memorable characters in a very believable and dark world full of difficult choices.

Fallout is a sandbox game with fun gameplay and a (for me personally) very addicting base building (spent about 60 hours only with my settlement)

Dragon Age on the other hand didn't really impress in any way. .It's closer to the Witcher 3 with a similar focus (story/character driven rpg without any sandbox elements) but it does almost everything worse. It's writing isn't as strong, it's world isn't as interesting and lively, it's characters aren't as believable, it's questdesign isn't as good, it's music isn't as memorable, it's choices aren't as difficult and so on. I guess if people prefer to play a customizable character they could like Dragon Age more but Geralt is so much better written and interesting than the Inquisitor, so it's not really an argument for me.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Fallout>Witcher>Dragon Age

Dragon Age's world is way more interesting than the witcher's though.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Fallout 4-Witcher3-DAI

All good games for different reasons. Hated the filler content in both W3 and DAI though, both assume you have zero attention span and have to be doing really pointless things scattered all over the map every time you move.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I liked all of them really...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Havent played Fallout 4 yet but definitely NOT DA: Inquisition. The game is beautifull to look at but helluva boring to play more often than not. I had to force myself to finish it. Uninteresting plot, bland characters (with some very rare exceptions), riddled with fetch quests and other boring sidequests (seriously, the game bombs the player with meaningless and trivial stuff to do just so developers can say "hey, the game is 200h long!"), convoluted lore (the game constantly shoves strange names and terms down our throats and expect us to know wtf they're talking about... Thats not "deep", its just lazy writting), basic combat... etc, etc

I will say this again, I enjoyed more the 7h I spent with The Order: 1886 more than I did the 60h+ of DA: Inquisition. And guess what? The same reviewer who gave a 5 to the order gave a 9 to DA:I... goes to show how irrelevant "professional" reviews are when it all comes down to opinions

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#29 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Vatusus said:

Havent played Fallout 4 yet but definitely NOT DA: Inquisition. The game is beautifull to look at but helluva boring more often than not. I had to force myself to finish it. Uninteresting plot, bland characters (with some very rare exceptions), riddled with fetch quests and other boring sidequests (seriously, the game bombs the player with meaningless and trivial stuff to do just so developers can say "hey, the game is 200h long!"), convoluted lore, basic combat... etc, etc

I will say this again, I enjoyed more the 7h I spent with The Order: 1886 more than I did the 60h+ of DA: Inquisition. And guess what? The same reviewer who gave a 5 to the order gave a 9 to DA:I... goes to show how irrelevant "professional" reviews are when it all comes down to opinions

Not sure how you having a minority opinion makes professional reviewers irrelevant.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Another day another W3 destroying FO4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@Vatusus said:

Havent played Fallout 4 yet but definitely NOT DA: Inquisition. The game is beautifull to look at but helluva boring more often than not. I had to force myself to finish it. Uninteresting plot, bland characters (with some very rare exceptions), riddled with fetch quests and other boring sidequests (seriously, the game bombs the player with meaningless and trivial stuff to do just so developers can say "hey, the game is 200h long!"), convoluted lore, basic combat... etc, etc

Not sure how you having a minority opinion makes professional reviewers irrelevant.

"professional" reviews are irrelevante cause they're ALWAYS subjective. Majority or minority they dont have a final saying on what the player will like

simple

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 khoofia_pika

This is embarrassing (and not at all surprising).

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@khoofia_pika said:

Emberrassing how? gamespot community is pretty small compared to the gaming world in general (i mean 50 votes, lmao) Fallout 4 is the best selling game on steam. Most gamers on here are also playstation fans, and a cinematic game like the witcher 3 is right up their alley but the numbers don't lie. Fallout 4 is the best selling game for a reason.

also this

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I voted for The Witcher 3.

Dragon Age was great though. I had a lot of good moments in that game, especially when I accidentally romanced The Iron Bull. Lol. I just had fun with his quests and convos then suddenly the dude shows up in my bedroom. I awkwardly turned him down and it was just really funny.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

@commander:

That would be true but we actually have a good idea on what game is more better according to general population

We don't have to have the entire gaming community come and vote. We have a big enough sample size from Steam, gamefaq, game spot, meta critic Etc to know which game is better. This includes both critic and user review

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

The Witcher 3. Of those games, it was the far better option.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 khoofia_pika

@commander said:
@khoofia_pika said:

Emberrassing how? gamespot community is pretty small compared to the gaming world in general (i mean 50 votes, lmao) Fallout 4 is the best selling game on steam. Most gamers on here are also playstation fans, and a cinematic game like the witcher 3 is right up their alley but the numbers don't lie. Fallout 4 is the best selling game for a reason.

also this

Loading Video...

Embarrassing because TW3 is winning by such a large margin here. And when I said "this is embarrassing", I was referring only to the results of this specific poll, not the reaction of the entire gaming community at large.

However, even outside this community, critical reception for The Witcher 3 is vastly superior to that of Fallout 4. The hundreds of GOTY awards TW3 has gotten and the massive lead it has over FO4 (and every other game in 2015) illustrates that point rather well, I think.

And you're mistaking popularity for quality. A game like Call of Duty sells much, much better than a game like, say BioShock. Does that man CoD is better than BioShock? If you think so, I really don't know what to say. FO4 is the best selling game on Steam and is selling so well everywhere else because of the massive hype surrounding it, because it's Fallout, because it's published by Bethesda. The same reason Assassin's Creed sells well even now, despite being mediocre at best.

I'm not saying Fallout 4 isn't good. I'm just saying sales are in no way a proper reflection of quality. Fallout 4 is a good, solid game. You get your money's worth- at least I think so. You get enjoyment out of it and you can play it for dozens of hours. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws. It's a buggy game that is clearly unfinished- like all Bethesda products, actually. Sure, The Witcher 3 has flaws too, but not as many- or as blatantly obvious- as Fallout 4 does.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

Witcher 3. It has made other games that would've been considered great last year, seem mediocre/average this year. Games are going to have to step up if they want to stand out against Witcher 3 at this point. Not saying these other games aren't good, but after playing Witcher 3, the rest just don't really compare.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Lol Witcher 3 is the only good game on that list.

LordCrash88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40  Edited By LordCrash88
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

This vote is unfair...

Neither DAI nor F4 are really next-gen.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Pillars of eternity is the better WRPG so far this gen, IMHO, followed by the Witcher 3, followed by Shadowrun: Dragonfall, followed by Wasteland 2, followed by Divinity: Original Sin.... Inquisition is definitely at the bottom of my list.

LordCrash88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LordCrash88

@Kinthalis said:

Pillars of eternity is the better WRPG so far this gen, IMHO, followed by the Witcher 3, followed by Shadowrun: Dragonfall, followed by Wasteland 2, followed by Divinity: Original Sin.... Inquisition is definitely at the bottom of my list.

Even Sword Coast Legends ist better than DA Inquisition. And Fallout 4 isn't even a real RPG anymore, I agree... :P

Have you played SR: HK yet?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@Kinthalis said:

You may as well just blurt out what you're trying to say 'games on PC are betterer, so there' though I suppose if it's the only platform you play on you have no real point of comparison.

Divinity OS is a great game, Pillars is an ARCHAIC game which the devs made even worse by listening to the fools on Kickstarter (no doubt you were one of them) who demanded you could finish the game without combat forcing them to make combat completely pointless and you get your exp from 'roleplaying' i.e. talking through the whole game. The combat fucking blows as well and the voiceovers are the most embarrassing I have ever come across, I turned the sound down immediately someone came into the room while I was playing.

Wasteland 2 blows chunks as well, horrible interface, dull gameplay, laughable 'story' and terrible graphics.

Shadowrun is a great game because it does NOT try to be Baldur's Gate 2 or Fallout 2, it's just a great game on its own merit.

How you can rate Pillars above Witcher 3 well I am floored, I guess it just goes to show how completely subjective it all is. It seems to me though that you should stick with living in the past if you can't see the appeal of games like Witcher 3. It's not perfect at all, far from it despite people jizzing all over it on here, but fucking Pillars, it is LIGHT years ahead of that trash.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I liked fallout 4 but the game is only a 7 in my book. Writing was bad, game is glitchy and it uses a very dated engine. Between the witcher 3 and DAI I have to go with the witcher 3. Way better game when you compare them. It didn't end in a cliff hanger, didn't finish all my character arcs with a slide show, and didn't force me to do all the fucking leg work for a whole organization that apparently forces it's king to gather all the resources.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Unfortunately I've only played Dragon Age, and it was shit.

I really really need to get onto the Witcher one of these days though

Pillars of Eternity is the best WRPG I've played this gen, and a new favorite in general...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By commander

@Berserker1_5 said:

@commander:

That would be true but we actually have a good idea on what game is more better according to general population

We don't have to have the entire gaming community come and vote. We have a big enough sample size from Steam, gamefaq, game spot, meta critic Etc to know which game is better. This includes both critic and user review

It doesn't seem you have an idea about it since you're comparing two vastly different games. One is a sci fi shooter that mostly focusses on character customization, exploring and interaction between environment , AI characters and the player. While the other is a fantasy game that focusses on animation, story, cinematic gameplay and cutscenes.

You can only be a battlemage in the witcher 3, if you want to be a stealth character or a commando you need to look somewhere else. The game surely has better graphics than fallout 4, that is true but who cares about that if you want to come out guns blazing or pickpocket someone.

You might as well compare fifa and fight night champion because they're both sports games and it doesn't end there. The witcher 3 may have the better eye candy but the amount of content in fallout 4 crushes what's in the witcher 3. Fallout 4 has more enemies, more dialogue, more objects, more storylines and a lot more weapons.

The reason that the witcher scores slighty higher in reviews is because of its graphics and that has always have been a big scoring factor in game reviews.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Kind of sad by how much hate DAI is getting here. It certainly not a top tier RPG, but the Dragon Age series never was that. Still, it's a very good game.

LordCrash88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LordCrash88

@blueinheaven said:
@Kinthalis said:

You may as well just blurt out what you're trying to say 'games on PC are betterer, so there' though I suppose if it's the only platform you play on you have no real point of comparison.

No real point of comparion?

So how many console-only WRPGs were released in 2015?

Stop talking nonsense, please. That PC is a bastion for WRPGs since well, pretty much always, is no secret. It's just a fact.

But well, let me guess, you're another one of that sort of people who thinks that turn-based gamplay was out-dated, 2D games were out-dated and that graphics defined the overall quality of a video game. You guys never fail to amuse me. :D

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By commander

@khoofia_pika said:
@commander said:
@khoofia_pika said:

also this

Embarrassing because TW3 is winning by such a large margin here. And when I said "this is embarrassing", I was referring only to the results of this specific poll, not the reaction of the entire gaming community at large.

However, even outside this community, critical reception for The Witcher 3 is vastly superior to that of Fallout 4. The hundreds of GOTY awards TW3 has gotten and the massive lead it has over FO4 (and every other game in 2015) illustrates that point rather well, I think.

And you're mistaking popularity for quality. A game like Call of Duty sells much, much better than a game like, say BioShock. Does that man CoD is better than BioShock? If you think so, I really don't know what to say. FO4 is the best selling game on Steam and is selling so well everywhere else because of the massive hype surrounding it, because it's Fallout, because it's published by Bethesda. The same reason Assassin's Creed sells well even now, despite being mediocre at best.

I'm not saying Fallout 4 isn't good. I'm just saying sales are in no way a proper reflection of quality. Fallout 4 is a good, solid game. You get your money's worth- at least I think so. You get enjoyment out of it and you can play it for dozens of hours. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws. It's a buggy game that is clearly unfinished- like all Bethesda products, actually. Sure, The Witcher 3 has flaws too, but not as many- or as blatantly obvious- as Fallout 4 does.

Who said call of duty isn't good in its genre, bioshock is a vastly different game than call of duty. You can compare call of duty and battlefield but comparing cod to bioshock is comparing apples and oranges.

I'm not mistaking popularity over quality. We're looking at the same price tag here. Fallout 4 may have a lot of bugs but the game is a lot more complex than the witcher 3 in terms of AI. The witcher 3 focusses more on set pieces while fallout 4 relies more on AI. The witcher 3 is of course a lot more advanced in terms of animation and graphics but that won't make the game more prone to bugs.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

Witcher 3 easily. It isn't even close.