The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt details (~50 hour main quest, slowmo combat target,etc.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

Source

(according to gaf, source is actually the new pc games(I think he meant pc gamer))

Thanks to gaf

Here's new information translated for your convenience:

- 36 final states of the world and 3 epilogues (each 1 hour long)

- you can import your save game, but it's not going to change backstory of the game. Still, it will affect characters.

- you can buy horses or tame a wild ones by using Axii

- Geralt will be much more agile. Now he can jump and climb wherever he want.

- a wild animals will appear. Geralt may hunt them and take their furs, claws etc.

- main storyline is 50 hours long

- now people will call the guards, when they see Geralt stealing their stuff

- there is a new mechanic, which is similar to VATS from Fallout 3. You can aim at the specific parts of monsters bodies in slow-mo

- no more QTE

- Geralt now can achieve 60 level max

- PC and console versions have completely different UI

- you gain experience points only by completing quests, hunting will provide you money and crafting materials

- a two new minigames: axe trowing and card games

- economy depends from the area. In some places you can buy something for a lesser price, or sell it for higher price.

I'm sorry for bad translation.

#2 Posted by biggest_loser (24159 posts) -
I like the bit about Geralt's dexterity. I thought it was pretty lazy for a game that prides itself on tech that you couldn't climb or jump whenever you wanted in Witcher 2.
#4 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Nobody cares. Let us know when you hear something about Dark Souls 2 and/or Dragon Age 3.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (43736 posts) -
there is a new mechanic, which is similar to VATS from Fallout 3. You can aim at the specific parts of monsters bodies in slow-mo Not sure whow I feel about this. Game's gonna be goat for sure.
#6 Posted by clyde46 (47632 posts) -

Nobody cares. Let us know when you hear something about Dark Souls 2 and/or Dragon Age 3.

Master_ShakeXXX
Speak for yourself. The Witcher is awesome.
#7 Posted by freedomfreak (43736 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX
Darks souls is hard. I hipe they casualise it so it's enjoyable
#8 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26256 posts) -

- there is a new mechanic, which is similar to VATS from Fallout 3. You can aim at the specific parts of monsters bodies in slow-mo

VATS = not ok

Bullet time/slow-mo = ok

#9 Posted by JamDev (987 posts) -
Witcher with a bit of Assassins Creed and Red Dead thrown in sounds good :) Hopefully they deliver on the longer storyline, Witcher 2 was a great game but too damn short. What was there was quality, just needed a bit more of it.
#10 Posted by freedomfreak (43736 posts) -
[QUOTE="JamDev"]Witcher with a bit of Assassins Creed and Red Dead thrown in sounds good :) Hopefully they deliver on the longer storyline, Witcher 2 was a great game but too damn short. What was there was quality, just needed a bit more of it.

HAd a hard time reaching lvl 30
#11 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26256 posts) -

Darks souls is hard. I hipe they casualise it so it's enjoyablefreedomfreak

That's why Dark Souls 2 exists, duh. They want the Skyrim audience.

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (43736 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Darks souls is hard. I hipe they casualise it so it's enjoyableChubbyGuy40

That's why Dark Souls 2 exists, duh. They want the Skyrim audience.

I hopes so. SKyrim ahs easier dragons. The one on the bridge toasted me trials n error
#13 Posted by Obviously_Right (5320 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX

This. (Except for the part about DA)

#14 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

This all but confirms that CDPR only cares about ripping off Skyrim and other popular RPGs, rather than appeasing Witcher fans. Allow me to specify (good grief there's a lot of mess to work through):

- 36 final states of the world and 3 epilogues (each 1 hour long) MGS4 only had one epilogue and it was boring as sh*t. Now multiply that by 3

- you can import your save game, but it's not going to change backstory of the game. Still, it will affect characters. So why bother? Sounds like a pointless gimmick, kind of like, MASS EFFECT!?

- you can buy horses or tame a wild ones by using Axii Just like in Skyrim

- Geralt will be much more agile. Now he can jump and climb wherever he want. You can do that in Skyrim

- a wild animals will appear. Geralt may hunt them and take their furs, claws etc. Yeah, I remember when I did that in Skyrim a bunch of times

- main storyline is 50 hours long Horse sh*t

- now people will call the guards, when they see Geralt stealing their stuff Yeah, but they do that in Skyrim already

- there is a new mechanic, which is similar to VATS from Fallout 3. You can aim at the specific parts of monsters bodies in slow-mo Bethesda are the greatestest and most innovator devs of all times!

- no more QTE Skyrim doesn't have QTEs either

- Geralt now can achieve 60 level max Just like Diablo 3

- PC and console versions have completely different UI What the flip ever

- you gain experience points only by completing quests, hunting will provide you money and crafting materials How is this even news?

- a two new minigames: axe trowing and card games Um, yay

- economy depends from the area. In some places you can buy something for a lesser price, or sell it for higher price. Just... just like in SKYRIM!?

#15 Posted by GeForce- (305 posts) -

Now that got me more hyped about the game.

No QTEs, 50-hour story and the UI difference between PC version to consoles. Good... good.

#16 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

freedomfreak

I curse you

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (43736 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I curse you

esuna lol
#18 Posted by MonsieurX (31750 posts) -
Master_ShakeXXX trying too hard I see
#19 Posted by musalala (2253 posts) -

Inbeforehaters

Also if this is true this game will be amazing.

#20 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Darks souls is hard. I hipe they casualise it so it's enjoyablefreedomfreak

I curse you

esuna lol

hahaha
#21 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Perhaps I'll buy this game when it is released. No paid DLC, great developer in charge, this looks to be some $50 well spent.
#22 Posted by MBirdy88 (9077 posts) -

This all but confirms that CDPR only cares about ripping off Skyrim and other popular RPGs, rather than appeasing Witcher fans. Allow me to specify (good grief there's a lot of mess to work through):

[quote=""]

- 36 final states of the world and 3 epilogues (each 1 hour long) MGS4 only had one epilogue and it was boring as sh*t. Now multiply that by 3

- you can import your save game, but it's not going to change backstory of the game. Still, it will affect characters. So why bother? Sounds like a pointless gimmick, kind of like, MASS EFFECT!?

- you can buy horses or tame a wild ones by using Axii Just like in Skyrim

- Geralt will be much more agile. Now he can jump and climb wherever he want. You can do that in Skyrim

- a wild animals will appear. Geralt may hunt them and take their furs, claws etc. Yeah, I remember when I did that in Skyrim a bunch of times

- main storyline is 50 hours long Horse sh*t

- now people will call the guards, when they see Geralt stealing their stuff Yeah, but they do that in Skyrim already

- there is a new mechanic, which is similar to VATS from Fallout 3. You can aim at the specific parts of monsters bodies in slow-mo Bethesda are the greatestest and most innovator devs of all times!

- no more QTE Skyrim doesn't have QTEs either

- Geralt now can achieve 60 level max Just like Diablo 3

- PC and console versions have completely different UI What the flip ever

- you gain experience points only by completing quests, hunting will provide you money and crafting materials How is this even news?

- a two new minigames: axe trowing and card games Um, yay

- economy depends from the area. In some places you can buy something for a lesser price, or sell it for higher price. Just... just like in SKYRIM!?

Master_ShakeXXX

Nobody cares what you think, go write it in your emo blog.
#23 Posted by Heil68 (47379 posts) -
Looking good.
#24 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Nobody cares what you think, go write it in your emo blog.MBirdy88

LOOOL! A nerve hath been strucketh!

#25 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

- no more QTE

A few out of place QTEs was probably the only real issue I had with Witcher 2. Awesome to hear that's getting fixed!

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (43736 posts) -

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

Nobody cares what you think, go write it in your emo blog.Master_ShakeXXX

you sirg isn't showing master checkphotobucket
#27 Posted by padaporra (3441 posts) -

Can't create my own character, don't care. 

#28 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

Nobody cares what you think, go write it in your emo blog.freedomfreak

You being cereal or are ya just f*cking with me? I can still see it.

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (43736 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX

"mook wbho's popular" atlast it says so form me
#30 Posted by alien1280rhys (164 posts) -

Can't wait :) Completed W2 for the first time yesterday :D glad to see he can finally jump xD

#31 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] you sirg isn't showing master checkphotobucketfreedomfreak

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. By the way, are you really drunk or something?

#32 Posted by freedomfreak (43736 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. By the way, are you really drunk or something?

I suppoasp so :(
#33 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[quote=""]

ChubbyGuy40

VATS = not ok

Bullet time/slow-mo = ok

I thought it was a bit weird too, but the way the devs said you could slash at one of a monsters hearts or disable its venom spitting gland was pretty cool.

I have very high hopes for this game and everything sounds like a step in the right direction. Can't wait. 

#34 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX trying too hard I see MonsieurX

Isn't he always? 

#35 Posted by BrunoBRS (73269 posts) -
the VATS thing, i don't know if the source mentioned, but you can only target specific weakspots if you studied the monster beforehand. i hope the animations and combat are smoother. we're way past the time when using WASD to move in third person = snapping animations, and the combat in TW2 was a bit unresponsive due to those over the top animations.
#36 Posted by funsohng (28994 posts) -

[quote=""]- now people will call the guards, when they see Geralt stealing their stuffcampzor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all those years of stealing orens and clothes from people's houses....
#37 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

the VATS thing, i don't know if the source mentioned, but you can only target specific weakspots if you studied the monster beforehand. i hope the animations and combat are smoother. we're way past the time when using WASD to move in third person = snapping animations, and the combat in TW2 was a bit unresponsive due to those over the top animations.BrunoBRS

Pretty much, Geralt's animations annoyed me a lot in TW2, I never really felt connected to him no matter what he was doing. There was also those delays between fights when you could only climb up or down things after like 5 seconds out of combat. Now that they have him actually jumping maybe it will be better. I wonder will they overhaul the combat or still have it as left mouse for fast attacks and right mouse for heavy attacks. 

Sounds like they're finally getting it right, Geralt is supposed to be a very over the top fighter and very agile. Only took them 3 games to do it :P

#38 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]

[quote=""]- now people will call the guards, when they see Geralt stealing their stufffunsohng

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all those years of stealing orens and clothes from people's houses....

It's about time they did this. more RPGS should, the amount of games where you can walk in willy nilly and just completely steal everything is dumb lol. Skyrim tried it but that game was buggy as hell and you could still steal stuff with people in the room 

#39 Posted by funsohng (28994 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="campzor"]

[quote=""]- now people will call the guards, when they see Geralt stealing their stuffseanmcloughlin

It's about time they did this. more RPGS should, the amount of games where you can walk in willy nilly and just completely steal everything is dumb lol. Skyrim tried it but that game was buggy as hell and you could still steal stuff with people in the room 

I loved stealing clothes from prostitutes' rooms.
#40 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all those years of stealing orens and clothes from people's houses....funsohng

I loved stealing clothes from prostitutes' rooms.

You would :P

#41 Posted by Sushiglutton (5545 posts) -

I like that they have worked on making Geralt more agile as that was one of my main complains about 2. I really hope they implement quickfire for the different powers this time (LB/LT+facebutton). Going through a little menu for such a simple task breaks the combat flow.

#42 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

AAAAAAAWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAH

This game gets better with every new announcement!

Day effin one,metal to the pedal,domination continuum etc

#43 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
It all sounds a little too good to be true. While I trust their ability to make an awesome game, this a big bite for them. As good as The Witcher 2 was, it didn't come without its share of bugs and imbalances. I hope their ambition is met with success.
#44 Posted by BrunoBRS (73269 posts) -

I like that they have worked on making Geralt more agile as that was one of my main complains about 2. I really hope they implement quickfire for the different powers this time (LB/LT+facebutton). Going through a little menu for such a simple task breaks the combat flow.

Sushiglutton
well first they need to make those things useful again lol. i miss fus-ro-dah-ing an entire party of bandits with my overleveled aard, or setting an entire pack of monsters on fire, or taming a wyvern to fight alongside you.
#45 Posted by Chozofication (4056 posts) -

Oh crap.  I'm starting to get a little worried here...

Trying to copy Bethesda in anything is not a good idea... :(

Sh!t.  Just have to wait and see how this all turns out I guess.

#46 Posted by Inconsistancy (8094 posts) -
Ugh, I didn't like the combat in TW2 all that much, now it's going with a Fallout3 mechanic... that game was terrible, and I hated that targeting trash.
#47 Posted by Chozofication (4056 posts) -

the VATS thing, i don't know if the source mentioned, but you can only target specific weakspots if you studied the monster beforehand.BrunoBRS

Ah that would be cool.

I just get worried when any developer mentions Skyrim or Bethesda because... they're so awful, I can't help it.

#48 Posted by BrunoBRS (73269 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]the VATS thing, i don't know if the source mentioned, but you can only target specific weakspots if you studied the monster beforehand.Chozofication

Ah that would be cool.

I just get worried when any developer mentions Skyrim or Bethesda because... they're so awful, I can't help it.

they mentioned in a video. basically you have this "witcher vision" thing that's used for a lot of things, which includes a slow-mo effect that highlights known weakspots of the enemy, which you can then accurately attack for various different effects (like damaging a gland to avoid the monster's venom).
#49 Posted by Chozofication (4056 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]the VATS thing, i don't know if the source mentioned, but you can only target specific weakspots if you studied the monster beforehand.BrunoBRS

Ah that would be cool.

they mentioned in a video. basically you have this "witcher vision" thing that's used for a lot of things, which includes a slow-mo effect that highlights known weakspots of the enemy, which you can then accurately attack for various different effects (like damaging a gland to avoid the monster's venom).

That actually makes a lot of sense since Geralt is supposed to have super human senses and reflexes.  It probably has limited use I doubt you can fight and play with it all the time.

#50 Posted by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

freedomfreak

Oh my god, I hope you're being sracastic.