The Witcher 3 Runs At 900p/30fps on PS4, On Low.

• 133 results
#51 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@silversix_ said:

"we're pushing next gen to their limits", "there's virtually no difference between next gen consoles and pc", "next gen versions will look as good as released screenshots" game is low/900p on ps4 and low/720p on xbone. Cool.

most of the screen shots are downsampled from resolutions in excess of 4k so even pc wont look as good as the screenshots.

of course they're as all bullshots

#52 Posted by PAL360 (26717 posts) -

No doubt that the PC version will have the best graphics and performance, but it's hard to believe that the difference will be that big! I'll wait for confirmation.

#53 Edited by delta3074 (17897 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: for the record infamous SS looks better that the witcher 3 all in 1080p

i don't think so, Witcher 3 on max settings on PC will make Infamous SS look like a sega megadrive game,lol

#54 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2538 posts) -

"PS4 = Super Charged PC" , Lol .

Anyways , it is still impressive to make the game work on consoles at lowest settings at 900p below 30fps because it looks amazing . Just like how Witcher 2 looked like trash when compared to PC but it was still impressive that they somehow managed to run it .

#55 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

900p 30fps on PS4. Sounds better than what the majority of PC gamers will be playing The Witcher 3 on

haha damn...

OT: If true, extremely disappointed that this isn't 1080p on PS4, especially now it's been delayed to 2015 for extra polish and god knows what else. Also that's a damn cold burn for the Xbone, aren't CDPR MS and DX dev fanboys? DX fanboys at least. Plus they went on record saying that the Xbox was easier to develop for, IIRC? Troubling.

#56 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6937 posts) -

Sucks to be a lemming. :(

#57 Edited by Evo_nine (1647 posts) -

lol so much for the supah powah of teh ps4

pc is the choice for multiplats no question

and lol to the morons who think infamous looks better.

dose witcher screens....omg.

#58 Edited by Gue1 (9500 posts) -

@summerparadise said:

Well Battlefield 4 was 900p on PS4 and settings were low.

The Witcher 3 takes twice more than Battlefield 4. So its true. PS4 fails

I doubt that because BF4 has destructible environments.

#59 Posted by Kinthalis (5306 posts) -

Ps4 can't handle next gen wolf fur.

#60 Posted by freedomfreak (39165 posts) -

Anyways , it is still impressive to make the game work on consoles at lowest settings at 900p below 30fps because it looks amazing . Just like how Witcher 2 looked like trash when compared to PC but it was still impressive that they somehow managed to run it .

The 360 version looks nothing like that. It's not even close.

#61 Posted by gpuking (2763 posts) -

If this is remotely true, then I don't think hermits should celebrate at all considering 99.9% of you here don't own a 780 ti, or a gtx 680 for that matter. So most of pc users would play it on low, many would not even run it, only a handful could run it max. What's the point? If CDPR is banking on such an act then god help them for not going bankrupt lol.

#62 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2428 posts) -

The 900pStation living up to its name. Very suddenly Witcher 3 turned into a crap game. I love cows hypocrisy.

#63 Edited by murray69murray (126 posts) -

LOL consoles.

#64 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2428 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@silversix_ said:

"we're pushing next gen to their limits", "there's virtually no difference between next gen consoles and pc", "next gen versions will look as good as released screenshots" game is low/900p on ps4 and low/720p on xbone. Cool.

most of the screen shots are downsampled from resolutions in excess of 4k so even pc wont look as good as the screenshots.

No, that is the practice of sony first party. CD Project RED don't lie to their customers. Remain salty sony drone that your 900pStation is getting destroyed left and right.

#65 Posted by SUD123456 (4417 posts) -

Oh well, I guess that there will be no PS4 units sold seeing as 900p is crap to them.

#66 Posted by gpuking (2763 posts) -

Do you have a 780 ti zee? If not then have fun with your 900pPC.

#67 Edited by lostrib (34464 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Do you happen to know the actual system requirements for Witcher 3?

#68 Edited by -Unreal- (24536 posts) -

If the game is using a large set of advanced graphical features, it will likely require a high end graphics card to support them at good frame rates. It depends on what the minimum specs will be for the game, though it it's in the Radeon 260X ballpark, it won't be surprising to see PS4 and Xbox One's graphical equivalant close to that of the lower settings (though not necessarily the lowest) on PC.

People need to stop freaking out that their console isn't performing as well as a mid+ spec PC.

#69 Posted by always_explicit (2714 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: for the record infamous SS looks better that the witcher 3 all in 1080p

How can you say that when the Witcher 3 hasn't even been released?

The game wont be out for almost a year

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: true we should all wait and see things can change over the months also this is a unconfirmed source.

LOL

Just so you are aware when you throw terms like "for the record" it usually means you have evidence or confidence in what you say, so much so it can be "recorded" and you are held accountable for it.

So it makes you look pretty stupid when @lostrib calls you out on your absolute nonsense and you immediately admit that actually you have no conviction regarding what you say whatsoever.

Its pretty obvious, based on what we have seen thus far, that the witcher will look far superior to ANY console game we have seen thus far. Going by bullshots alone the gap is visible and as you conceded things will change over the coming months and the witcher will most likely be the best looking next gen title available.

#70 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

@summerparadise: because if a game is released on both platforms you do the comparison of that same game for both platforms ? given that the same version was released for them. Also though it's more valid to compare Infamous SS to the Witcher Infamous has actually released and The Witcher hasn't. When the Witcher 3 releases you'll find jaggy textures in a lot of places if that's what you wanna find. I myself would love to play the witcher on my pc because i know it'll be a great game and i don't have to feel insecure or scared about the unavoidable graphical downgrade that's coming.

#71 Edited by gamecubepad (6098 posts) -

This is TW2 on 360 and PC...

#72 Posted by m3dude1 (1169 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@summerparadise said:

Well Battlefield 4 was 900p on PS4 and settings were low.

The Witcher 3 takes twice more than Battlefield 4. So its true. PS4 fails

I doubt that because BF4 has destructible environments.

hardly. theres a few destructible props in certain maps

#73 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

@loco145 said:

The PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What’s also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version.Source.

"Now before continuing, let us remind you that you are about to read unconfirmed information that you should be taking with a grain of salt."

That's all I really need to see. The game doesn't even have a release date for it yet. This probably won't come out until next year at this rate.

#74 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

The 360 version looks nothing like that. It's not even close.

The Witcher 2 review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlhYqSx18Tg

#75 Posted by kitty (114554 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@gpuking said:

Do you happen to know the actual system requirements for Witcher 3?

Of course he does, he's a dev remember?

#76 Posted by Mr-Powers (224 posts) -

LMAO hermies beating off to rumors about a game over a year away. Bragging about hardware you don't have and can't afford, maybe your parents can get the hardware for christmas since the game is so far away haha.

Even resorting to making up stuff, saying BF4 runs on low and assassins creed is linear. 7 year old xbox ran witcher 2 and even had some improvements. If they can't make it work on new consoles then talent must be bolting out the door.

#77 Edited by KHAndAnime (13436 posts) -

Weren't the devs saying the consoles were going to enjoy almost all the graphical goodness of the PC version? So much for that.

#78 Posted by Kinthalis (5306 posts) -

Poor PS4, cut down in it's prime.

I figured these new consoles would last at least a little bit longer before being declared useles relics.

#79 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6628 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

VS

If the actual game releases to look exactly like that, in game.. then holy fucking shit

#80 Edited by Vatusus (4433 posts) -

... and CD Projekt Red just debunked that rumour

next

#81 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

@loco145 said:

The PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What’s also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version.Source.

LOL. This is pathetic.

#82 Posted by tormentos (17103 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

rumor

and still better than Xbone

your point ?

consoles=low settings=weak PoS

That mean everything below 7870 will run it low setting as well on PC,that is the majority of the PC gaming community..

#83 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

rumor

your point ?

Wow!

#84 Posted by AM-Gamer (3578 posts) -

Already been debunked and sad hermits are still circle jerking.

#85 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

rumor

your point ?

That mean everything below 7870 will run it low setting as well on PC,that is the majority of the PC gaming community..

okay?

#86 Posted by uninspiredcup (7837 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I believe you missed a keyword: "Rumor"

It's factually based.

#87 Edited by lostrib (34464 posts) -

@lostrib said:

It's factually based.

Except for this: "It's just a rumor and we are not commenting [on] rumors," CD Projekt Red's PR & Marketing representative Michael Platkow-Gilewski"

#88 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

Multiplats on consoles...

#89 Posted by uninspiredcup (7837 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

It's factually based.

Except for this: "It's just a rumor and we are not commenting [on] rumors," CD Projekt Red's PR & Marketing representative Michael Platkow-Gilewski"

My friend, "we are not commenting" is well known code for "yes".

#90 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

It's factually based.

And we're done here

#91 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4782 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

It's factually based.

My buddy, it's actually code for "We are professionals and we aren't going to waste our time giving thorough responses to every random rumor that fanboys spout on the internet."

That said, it's obvious that the console versions won't be on par with the PC. You don't need a rumor or a confirmation to know this.

#92 Posted by uninspiredcup (7837 posts) -

That said, it's obvious that the console versions won't be on par with the PC.

Great point.

#93 Edited by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Witcher 3 bullshot

Uncharted 3 in game

Wow, gotta say Witcher 3 is looking pretty impressive. Especially when you consider that CD Project is a B grade borderline indie dev team.

#94 Edited by 04dcarraher (19254 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Witcher 3 bullshot

Uncharted 3 in game

Wow, gotta say Witcher 3 is looking pretty impressive. Especially when you consider that CD Project is a B grade borderline indie dev team.

yet your comparing a linear, inside render vs purposely compressed open world pic that's most likely not even final. that's showing some real brains!

With UC3

Gotta love those 2d fires!

Also the downgrading from E3 to retail

Those are some Class A developers!

#95 Posted by ferret-gamer (17310 posts) -

Witcher 3 bullshot

Uncharted 3 in game

Did you purposely go out of your way to make this picture full of compression artifacts or something? This exact picture has been posted multiple times in this thread at significantly higher quality than yours.

#96 Posted by 04dcarraher (19254 posts) -

This is TW2 on 360 and PC...

Here are some better ones

photo 360.jpg

photo pc.jpg

#97 Posted by AM-Gamer (3578 posts) -

@04dcarraher: Except it NEVER had a downgrade keep owning yourself.

#98 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (952 posts) -

After watching this Witcher 3 (PC- mindblowing edition) wheres that Infamous SS best looking game ever thread made by clueless PS4/sony fans/employees.

Always used to get a laugh reading the fights lol.

#99 Posted by AM-Gamer (3578 posts) -
#100 Edited by lostrib (34464 posts) -

@clr84651 said:
@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

rumor

your point ?

Wow!

Yes, it was quite incredible