Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@lostrib:

Common thread = you. Not going to argue with my alt anymore. Bugger off.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib:

Common thread = you. Not going to argue with my alt anymore. Bugger off.

i have no alts.

flagged for defamation

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

People don't understand what the witcher series actually is build for. It's a PC focused game not a console focused one. You are better off with the witcher series to go PC simple because that's going to be there absolute main version.

@yanni1 said:

@daious said:

The gap between consoles and PCs by the end of the generation is going to be insane.

lol even in 2-3 years time the gap will become even more enormous. Let alone the r9 290x, gtx 970 & 980 destroy it right now. Going to get worse and worse every year and become even more affordable.

This will probably be one of the shortest console generations yet due to how under powered they are though.

I bought a 290 ( came of a 580 because of 1,5gb of v-ram ) and wanted to crossfire it for more performance. But then i realized that 1x 290 already absolutely destroyed any game lol. Games are simple not taxing anymore. Unless you pump them full with ridicilous settings like 8x msaa or ubersampling or multiple times your resolutions with insane rendering distances. So i don't even bother getting a second anymore. Next cards will be a leap forwards in performance and hit this year, let alone the cards in 3 years from now.

Even nvidia and AMD are not even trying anymore, as people simple have no need for much more performance unless you play on 4k resolutions. But 1080p is a joke these days for PC gamers.

And for console users that cant wrap there minds around upgradable PC's:

Unlike with consoles, to upgrade your system you don't have to buy a complete new PC everytime you want to upgrade, you can upgrade and sell your old parts to recoup even money from it and get a even more discount on the parts you upgrade. Also the amazing part is that you can still play your older games even when you upgrade. while selling of your PS3 to buy a PS4 = all your ps3 games become unplayable.

PC exist out of parts, they are not 1 part boxes.

Its like the difference between 2d games and 3d games. Why cant the console kiddies see it? Why wont these developers use all the proccessing power of my $1000.00 plus pc. Its not like us hermits pirate all our games or anything.

It always made me laugh hard when console gamers started to trash talk the PS3 for having unacceptable 720p resolution with sub 30 fps when they got there PS4, but in the meanwhile would bash PC users for pointing that out when there PS3 was still there top level hardware.

You can also see this with the consoles now, the visuals are downgraded already "with low distance views" more baked effects etc, but once you point it out the whole list wars begins of ridicilous arguments like "1000 pc vs 400 console" and "your eyes cant see more then 60 fps ( or whatever there current drm box provides them at that time" and 4k resolution is useless because it's not on my console box etc etc.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 highking_kallor

@lostrib:

Excellent

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

He's (clyde46) got a gaming PC. He posted it before. Go look in the "Showcase Your Rig" thread in the PC subforum. Heck. He's got the very first post. Ha Ha!

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib:

Link?

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Is this for real?

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Teh human eye

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Wait for actual PS4 footage from the latest build before conjure your BS hermits, even the devs themselves have mistaken PS4 version for the PC version on High, so I doubt the difference would be as drastic as the TC's comparison.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@gpuking said:

Wait for actual PS4 footage from the latest build before conjure your BS hermits, even the devs themselves have mistaken PS4 version for the PC version on High, so I doubt the difference would be as drastic as the TC's comparison.

source?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 gpuking

@lostrib:

@lostrib said:

@gpuking said:

source?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/03/30/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-gets-more-info-on-differences-between-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-version-directx-12-implementation-and-more/

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@gpuking said:

Probably misquoted. What they actually wanted to say is only people high on weeds will compare the 900pStation version to PC.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 gpuking

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

Probably misquoted. What they actually wanted to say is only people high on weeds will compare the 900pStation version to PC.

You don't know how pathetic the way you reply makes you look.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 zeeshanhaider

@gpuking said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

You don't know how pathetic the way you reply makes you look.

I only speaks the truth unlike certain people claiming Sony exclusives use ray tracing or animation increases/decreases poly count. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#164  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I refuse to believe this.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Because it's not true. The ugly shots are from an older trailer which wasn't stated as console footage as far as I know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#166 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@soulitane said:

@charizard1605 said:

Because it's not true. The ugly shots are from an older trailer which wasn't stated as console footage as far as I know.

That makes sense.

I mean, I am sure the console versions on't look as good as the PC version, but this is just ridiculous.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#167 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

One month before release i cant wait for the witcer 3 for ps4

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#168 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

That can't be real.

Sure, PC games do look slightly better, but nothing like that. Those 'console' pics look like they were taken from an early PS3 game.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

aren't these from the pax trailer......

if so it was all PC footage

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#170 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

jus saw these 4k screenshots

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@highking_kallor: Go see the first post in the PC hardware forum, in the post your rig thread. You're just jelly brah.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@BassMan: not much ppl wants to edit media. efficently search web. Play solitare. archive lots of music , movies. on the same place they do there main gaming on. Plus shared with prolly now app heavy cable box.Having a lil cuzin in middle of the couch on my main tv doin there essay becuase i only have pc there and not a console where it properly belongs. I understand specific cases were it best for an individual. Put if you cant understand why pc isnt popular on ppls main tvs then i dont consider you someone with common sense. Well uncommon sense now a days.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#173 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I doubt any of those are the console versions. If they look like that then the port is pointless. I don't think anyone is expecting PC graphics from the consoles on this game, but I doubt it will be that drastic. Maybe in a few years, but right now, I see a much closer port than those pictures show.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#175 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@the_master_race said:

jus saw these 4k screenshots

That downgrade!

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#176 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Well, time to spend $5,000 on my monthly GPU upgrade so I can play this while doing spreadsheets and talking to chicks on AOL.

You forgot to meantion being hunched back on an office chair on a keyboard and mouse instead of the confy couch with a gamepad.

And preserving his precious virginity in his mom's basement, heavens forbid don't forget the virginity!!

Blizzard2188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Blizzard2188
Member since 2015 • 121 Posts

Those screens have very different geometry poly counts, overall shape, lighting in time of day and such. This is a old build vs. new build and not a PC vs. Console. Even the X360 version of the Witcher 2 looked better than the lowest settings on PC. (I own both). The devs have already stated that the PS4 version is equivalent to high settings @1080p. PC will have Ultra settings, but in the history of games, High and Ultra have never been that far apart. If you actually think these screens are console vs. PC, then I'm sorry to break it to you, but hey aren't'. The different geometry of the land is a dead giveaway on why this isn't the same scene of different platforms. The Low vs. High settings on the Witcher 2 didn't vary this much at all.

I will find out myself, as I have the CE PS4 version and the regular PC version on preorder. (As all preorders sold out very fast, I managed one for the PS4 and I want that Artbook and Statue).

This thread is a lie, as I highly doubt the differences will be that drastic.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@blizzard2188: I've seen dying light in comparison running at 1080p on a an average screen through an xbox one, directly beside me running it maxed settings 1440p (IPS) and it is literally night and day how different they are. Hell look at Metal gear for a prime example of how things should and can scale perfectly upwards in almost all aspects. Is it something everyone is going to notice each new detail added or light that wasn't there before? No but side by side They are 100% different beasts, that besides the base geometry and game design every aspect is a clear improvement and a decent jump from what's on the one or the ps4.

If 1440p and much much higher settings, isn't enough to push it far past what console look like ( and I've seen it does with the bells and whistles along with it) what do you think 4k is going to do for others? Odd people just don't even bother mentioning the fact the whole game has been redone to support 4k. That's every asset in the game been re textured or redone entirely. Literally to a state in which every console out couldn't handle it at even low settings besides the high res and then I can't see it doing that that as 750ti can't even do that at a steady 30fps with a decent CPU to go along with it. The difference is massive no matter what people say. Most people talking that talk have never seen a nice setup playing 4k, or anything above 1080p for that matter. I'm sure minds would be changed if you plopped them in front of the two side by side like I've done.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By highking_kallor

@clyde46 said:

@highking_kallor: Go see the first post in the PC hardware forum, in the post your rig thread. You're just jelly brah.

You for real? You cheaped out mate. My 15 year old son (mows lawns too make cash) has a better speced pc than that build you got. I consider your build entry level for a serious pc gamer. But thanks for the laugh!

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#180 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts
@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

Witcher 3 is 1080p on Ps4.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#181 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

who cares what it looks like on consoles the game is still going to be hell of a lot of fun.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

@clyde46 said:

You for real? You cheaped out mate. My 15 year old son (mows lawns too make cash) has a better speced pc than that build you got. I consider your build entry level for a serious pc gamer. But thanks for the laugh!

Really? Care to show a pic?

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@blizzard2188 said:

Even the X360 version of the Witcher 2 looked better than the lowest settings on PC. (I own both).

The Witcher 2 wasn't really a looker on consoles though. And they had to cut the levels up like they did with Doom 3 on the original Xbox.

We will have to wait and see the difference between the PS4 and PC Witcher 3 but it should be easily noticeable when it comes down to draw distance.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#184  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

and they are supposedly using DX12 on the Xbone version yet it's 900p. It was 720p before so, they are really pushing it.

But it's funny these people say the PS4's a 900p Station when the system only has like 3 games on 900p and mostly due to "parity".

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#185 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

@MetalGearJoel said:

Yeah it's insane. Actually thinking about slapping a new GPU and more ram into my old build. This generation of consoles aren't what I was hoping for and I'm tired of waiting for games to be 1080p 60 fps when it's not going to happen outside of indie games and fighters (or remakes..lol).

How many games were 720p/60fps on the PS3 or Xbox 360, the so called 'powerhouse' consoles? You might be surprised

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@RyviusARC said:

@blizzard2188 said:

Even the X360 version of the Witcher 2 looked better than the lowest settings on PC. (I own both).

The Witcher 2 wasn't really a looker on consoles though. And they had to cut the levels up like they did with Doom 3 on the original Xbox.

We will have to wait and see the difference between the PS4 and PC Witcher 3 but it should be easily noticeable when it comes down to draw distance.

The 360 version actually looks better in some regards. More natural lighting, colors that pop and less harsh camera effects. I never understood why CDPR didn't implement these changes in the PC version as well, with those additions and the higher res textures, draw distance and models it would've been incredible. PC Witcher 2 is much more detailed, higher res and has the benefit of high AF which the 360 version could really use, but looks more harsh all around.

360 version of Witcher 2 looked very good.

Where did you see they cut down Witcher 2 on 360? I have never heard of this. As far as I know the only thing they did was add more doors or something for loading, and the game has all the additional content the PC got.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 zeeshanhaider

@Gue1 said:

@Chozofication said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

and they are supposedly using DX12 on the Xbone version yet it's 900p. It was 720p before so, they are really pushing it.

But it's funny these people say the PS4's a 900p Station when the system only has like 3 games on 900p and mostly due to "parity".

3 eh?

Let's see. subHD Crapzone, Out of Order 800p, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Assassins Creed: Unity, Flight Night Champions. I'm sure first party games are also subHD and in 800p because of 'parity' and I haven't even started on the features the 900pStation games missing compare to even 2011 PC games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Gue1 said:

@Chozofication said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

3 eh?

Let's see. subHD Crapzone, Out of Order 800p, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Assassins Creed: Unity, Flight Night Champions. I'm sure first party games are also subHD and in 800p because of 'parity' and I haven't even started on the features the 900pStation games missing compare to even 2011 PC games.

Oh please. We know Unity and Watchdogs are just lazy efforts from Ubisoft, BF4 was a launch game with optimizations that showed that and targeted 60fps, and hardlines didn't improve at all over BF4.

The Order, well that is just because the team was desperately trying to make a movie. If they took out all of the hampering post processing effects and maybe took it down to 2xMSAA (or just use post process) it could easily run in 1080p. Bringing up Killzone multiplayer is just ridiculous, as it's got higher frame rate in Multi and is full HD on single player.

Fight Night champions was not the hottest effort, though it did receive more AA than the Xbone version at least.

We know Witcher 3 is this massively detailed game, and that manages 1080p on Ps4 so I think that says it all that Ps4 is a 1080p machine. Xbox one is the 900p box, though that in and of itself is not a huge issue either.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#189 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Two big games coming out that will show the difference between the consoles and PC. GTA V (PC) and The Witcher 3, there will be/is a big difference in the fidelity and frame rates but I don't think it'll be as drastic as those screen shots.

One thing is for sure though, I'll be doing everything I can not to equip Geralt in a dress ;)

GTA V is already showing the difference by being released two years (!) late on PC. And the difference obviously is that high profile devs dont give a damn about PC anymore.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#190  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@Chozofication said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

and they are supposedly using DX12 on the Xbone version yet it's 900p.It was 720p before so, they are really pushing it.

Nope, the current API being use is still DX11.X.

"DirectX 12 support might come with a patch, but it won’t happen for release," "It's better for us to focus on more important things right now then patch dx12"

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Chozofication said:

@RyviusARC said:

@blizzard2188 said:

The 360 version actually looks better in some regards. More natural lighting, colors that pop and less harsh camera effects. I never understood why CDPR didn't implement these changes in the PC version as well, with those additions and the higher res textures, draw distance and models it would've been incredible. PC Witcher 2 is much more detailed, higher res and has the benefit of high AF which the 360 version could really use, but looks more harsh all around.

Where did you see they cut down Witcher 2 on 360? I have never heard of this. As far as I know the only thing they did was add more doors or something for loading, and the game has all the additional content the PC got.

I didn't say cut down but cut up.

The split some of the levels up with more loading between them because the 360 couldn't handle the larger areas without being broken up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@RyviusARC said:

@Chozofication said:

I didn't say cut down but cut up.

The split some of the levels up with more loading between them because the 360 couldn't handle the larger areas without being broken up.

Ah yes, that's true. Good thing they got rid of those doors that your comrades would rudely slam in your face for the Wild hunt :p

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 zeeshanhaider

@Chozofication said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Gue1 said:

@Chozofication said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

3 eh?

Oh please. We know Unity and Watchdogs are just lazy efforts from Ubisoft, BF4 was a launch game with optimizations that showed that and targeted 60fps, and hardlines didn't improve at all over BF4.

The Order, well that is just because the team was desperately trying to make a movie. If they took out all of the hampering post processing effects and maybe took it down to 2xMSAA (or just use post process) it could easily run in 1080p. Bringing up Killzone multiplayer is just ridiculous, as it's got higher frame rate in Multi and is full HD on single player.

Fight Night champions was not the hottest effort, though it did receive more AA than the Xbone version at least.

We know Witcher 3 is this massively detailed game, and that manages 1080p on Ps4 so I think that says it all that Ps4 is a 1080p machine. Xbox one is the 900p box, though that in and of itself is not a huge issue either.

Lazy devs, eh?

So, it is confirmed none of the games that are technically intensive run in 1080p on 900pStation, good. You always have to cut things from games to make it to that level. Pretty sure Witcher 3 will further confirm this that in order to hit 1080p how big is the difference between PC and 900pStation is, though I have no doubt Witcher 3 will be the best looking game on 900pStation despite this, because unlike overhyped Sony's first party CD Projeckt RED are actually competent devs.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#194 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

That's not a console vs. PC comparison, but just an older build compared to a newer build.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 clyde46

@highking_kallor said:

@clyde46 said:

Cheaped out on what buddy? I got my 780Ti when they first launched but I'm running a 2600K from 2011 when they launched... So come on coward, where is your beastly PC?

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By highking_kallor

@clyde46 said:

@highking_kallor said:

@clyde46 said:

Cheaped out on what buddy? I got my 780Ti when they first launched but I'm running a 2600K from 2011 when they launched... So come on coward, where is your beastly PC?

Nah mate dont give a shit what you think/believe. Dont know you dont want to know you.

Goes for your girlfriends too that are trying to defend your honour. lol bragging on the internet. kids

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 clyde46

@highking_kallor said:

@clyde46 said:

@highking_kallor said:

@clyde46 said:

Nah mate dont give a shit what you think/believe. Dont know you dont want to know you.

Goes for your girlfriends too that are trying to defend your honour. lol bragging on the internet. kids

You chickened out pretty quick fakeboy when it was you who started this. You obviously gave a shit when you started calling me out over owning a Mac...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#198 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@GarGx1 said:

Two big games coming out that will show the difference between the consoles and PC. GTA V (PC) and The Witcher 3, there will be/is a big difference in the fidelity and frame rates but I don't think it'll be as drastic as those screen shots.

One thing is for sure though, I'll be doing everything I can not to equip Geralt in a dress ;)

GTA V is already showing the difference by being released two years (!) late on PC. And the difference obviously is that high profile devs dont give a damn about PC anymore.

.......If they didn't they wouldn't have released GTAV on the pc to begin with.. Reality > your perceptions.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 highking_kallor

@clyde46:

So serious.lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By clyde46

@highking_kallor said:

@clyde46:

So serious.lol

Says the one who lost his shit when someone said they had a Mac...