Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Wickerman777: Salty mc salt pants...

You was saying if people are not regularly maintaining their PC then it is under performing that's nonsense if you set it up righto from the start..nobody said you didn't have to know anything about them,but you don't have to keep maintaining them Maybe a spring clean once a year or so but that's Hardly regulsr

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

@Gatygun: Did anyone ever say The Witcher 2 was open world? It featured some large explorable areas, but new areas were uncovered by the story, just like in the first game.

On the other hand, the story choices led to very different areas being explorable, so...I guess that literally made it more open than it appeared?

In any case, The Witcher 3 is a proper open-world game that looks like it will feature a pretty huge amount of free-roaming exploration.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@naz99 said:

You was saying if people are not regularly maintaining their PC then it is under performing that's nonsense if you set it up righto from the start..nobody said you didn't have to know anything about them,but you don't have to keep maintaining them.

Bullshit. If you want them operating at 100% capacity or anything close to that you absolutely do. Even if you're doing everything correctly conflicts, broken dlls, registry errors, and a kzillion other problems will build up over time slowing down the performance of your system.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@naz99 said:

You was saying if people are not regularly maintaining their PC then it is under performing that's nonsense if you set it up righto from the start..nobody said you didn't have to know anything about them,but you don't have to keep maintaining them.

Bullshit. If you want them operating at 100% capacity or anything close to that you absolutely do. Even if you're doing everything correctly conflicts, broken dlls, registry errors, and a kzillion other problems will arise slowing down the performance of your system.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Wickerman777: how is pressing the automated updates nerd stuff?

If you fill your pc with countless programs for different functions, sure, issues will arise.

If you're using your gaming pc for, well, just gaming and a few other things, there's not mucht o worry about. That's like saying that cleaning your case every month for about 15 minutes is too much

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Wickerman777: been a PC gamer for over 23 years built over 70 PC's andaintained manyvothers in that time ....forgive me for thinking I know enough about it by now.

You will get these problems if you constantly mess with the computer but not if you only install what you need and avoid constantly uninstalling and reinstalling things most people's problems come from running of HDD space or installing unneeded software and programs especially on windows startup...any competent PC gamer knows this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Have we got a console trailer for this game yet? I'm finding it hard to believe the game looks as bad as those screenshots. It looks like a PS2 title in those shots.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@naz99 said:

Bullshit. If you want them operating at 100% capacity or anything close to that you absolutely do. Even if you're doing everything correctly conflicts, broken dlls, registry errors, and a kzillion other problems will build up over time slowing down the performance of your system.

I can give you 2 instructions to fix any internal corrupt file or conflict with hardly any work. When you have issues with corruption you run CMD as admin and write:

- sfc /scannow

And if that doesn't fix it then you can go deeper with:

- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

After the image is cleaned-up and restored you run "sfc /scannow" again and if that doesn't fix it then the only thing left is to do a clean install. But that's how you can make your PC run at its best but these are instructions that hardly anybody knows even though they are so convenient and one of the great things of Windows 8. I only expect these features to be expanded on Windows 10.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Crossel777: Only footage we know for sure it's consoles is the xb1 gameplay at MS's E3 press conference

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#110  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

PS4 version is what i getting

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

@ConanTheStoner:

Nearly made me spit my damn tea outta my mouth! youz a funny phucker Conan. HAHA!

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

Have we got a console trailer for this game yet? I'm finding it hard to believe the game looks as bad as those screenshots. It looks like a PS2 title in those shots.

No but this whole thread is false.

The "ugly" images are from the 2013 Build of the Witcher 3 PC.

The "prettier" images are from the 2015 Build of the Witcher 3 PC.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#113 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

Seems like consoles aren't very good.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Your loss.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#115 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Gatygun said:

@Cloud_imperium:

Wasn't the witcher 2 also this massive open world game, but yet it was a corridor fest from point 1 to point 2, oh wait they added a point 3 to give you a illusion it was more open then it actually was.

Witcher 2 was never advertised as open world game. It was advertised as open level game and some of the areas were quite big, specially in chapter 2. This game is open world with no chapters. And I don't know what's your point?

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

You either choose Witcher 3 CE X1 for the "more CE content" or PC for total better gaming experience.

If you aint gonna get a CE box, go for the PC version.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Honestly coming from a pc gamer I think both versions look good, I think it is a given the pc will look better.. What irks me about the console versions graphically is this constant shit push for 30fps gameplay instead of going for 60fps..

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@Planeforger said:

@Gatygun: Did anyone ever say The Witcher 2 was open world? It featured some large explorable areas, but new areas were uncovered by the story, just like in the first game.

On the other hand, the story choices led to very different areas being explorable, so...I guess that literally made it more open than it appeared?

In any case, The Witcher 3 is a proper open-world game that looks like it will feature a pretty huge amount of free-roaming exploration.

I remember to hear that the game featured this massive world ( i don't exactly know if it was open world tho, but it somehow slipped into my mind "could be miss information" ) i was heavily dissapointed when i played the game to see that it pretty much was small hub worlds with loading screens in between with hardly to no freedom.

Anyway witcher 3 will be bougth here surely if it's going to run on high settings on me 290 tri-x. I like how the witcher focuses on the PC version in witcher 2, so i will get it for sure.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Phreek300 said:

@ConanTheStoner:

Nearly made me spit my damn tea outta my mouth! youz a funny phucker Conan. HAHA!

If you didn't shoot tea out of your nose, eyes and ears like fucking lasers then I failed to do my job.

Nah, thanks bro haha. Tea sounds good right about now, time to get a cup.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yet it will still be a blast to play on consoles... OMG NO WAY!

I love how people write shit like this in SystemWars, where it's completely okay to make Threads outlining virtually unnoticeable differences of PS4 vs XBONE multiplats. But when its a huge difference in PC vs Consoles multiplat, all of a sudden "BUT WHO CAREZ".

Save it for the General Gaming boards, otherwise it's extremely hypocritical and simply out of place for this forum sub-section.But yeah, best on PC. By a big margin. Just like most other games this gen, and the gap will only widen as PC tech flourishes.

Oh and, god damn...thread backfire. I know exactly what you were trying to do @Gue1. Stick with your low settings 20-30 fps shit PS4thPlace.

My problem with the pc crowd and their neverending "better on pc" rants is that they seem oblivious to the fact that personal computers differ. The game won't be better on pc, it'll be better on some pcs. There are plenty of pcs that won't be able to run it at all. It ain't even just a question of having great components in your pc, ya gotta keep up on maintenance as well. Unlike consoles there's a kzillion different problems that can leave even a powerful pc running like a sick dog.

That makes no sense. Not every Ps3 owner owns PS4 either. It's like saying that cross gen game (available on Xbox 360, X1, PS4 and PS3) doesn't have superior PS4 version because not everyone owns PS4 version, so Xbox One wins.

Ugghh, it's not like that at all. Every PS4 is the same. Not every pc is the same.

That was a strange argument and I feel only partially confident that I managed to successfully decipher what your intended point was.

You are still not making sense. Just like how not everyone owns PS4, not everyone has top of the line PC.

I think he's saying that when PC gamers say games are better on PC, it's a bit of a generalization... not all PCs will run games better than a PS4. A decent system will, but not everyone has a decent system.

And he has a point.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Holy shit, haha. Glad I game on PC.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

traditional pc games look really bad on console they almost unplayable

halflife on ps2

doom on n64

starcraft on n64

sim city on snes

ring any bells finalstar?

get this game on PC or just don't get this game imo

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

consoles have turned into sports consoles... nothing more.. it's all they can handle

MetalGearJoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MetalGearJoel
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

Yeah it's insane. Actually thinking about slapping a new GPU and more ram into my old build. This generation of consoles aren't what I was hoping for and I'm tired of waiting for games to be 1080p 60 fps when it's not going to happen outside of indie games and fighters (or remakes..lol).

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#125 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Spreadsheet mustardrace baby! Awwwwwwwww YYYEEaaaaaaaa!

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

The gap between consoles and PCs by the end of the generation is going to be insane.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@daious said:

The gap between consoles and PCs by the end of the generation is going to be insane.

Heck these new consoles were outclassed nearly two years prior to their release hardware performance wise. Their cpu's are no faster then 2008 era desktop cpu's clock per clock, them being 1.6/1.7ghz is another thorn. Then the the best gpu between them on the PS4 is 2x slower then the 7970.

The gap at their release is close to the gap back in 2008. We can just hope for a 5 or less year cycle because if we have another 8 year cycle growth pains will be unbearable in the multiplatform segment.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#130  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

So... we're making comparisons now using screens, the source platform of which is unknown in pretty much all cases? That's not a comparison, it's iffy guesswork at best. Come back when you have screens with confirmed platforms based on the newest build of the game.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

@daious said:

lol even in 2-3 years time the gap will become even more enormous. Let alone the r9 290x, gtx 970 & 980 destroy it right now. Going to get worse and worse every year and become even more affordable.

This will probably be one of the shortest console generations yet due to how under powered they are though.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

When you pay $1500-2000 for a PC it better damn should look better than consoles

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#133  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@finalstar2007 said:

halflife on ps2

doom on n64

starcraft on n64

sim city on snes

@skelly34 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Your loss.

@anthonyautumns said:

@finalstar2007 said:

You either choose Witcher 3 CE X1 for the "more CE content" or PC for total better gaming experience.

I culdnt care less about looking at 2 extra pixels, gaming on PC or any game on PC... Again PS4 it is

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 yanni1

@aroxx_ab said:

When you pay $1500-2000 for a PC it better damn should look better than consoles

More like $1000. Maybe if your technically inept and need to buy a pre-built from ibuypower or alienware it will cost 2k. Hell you can chose your own parts and pay a local pc shop to build it for you @ a reasonable price.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 aroxx_ab

@yanni1 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

More like $1000. Maybe if your technically inept and need to buy a pre-built from ibuypower or alienware it will cost 2k. Hell you can chose your own parts and pay a local pc shop to build it for you @ a reasonable price.

Yeah you could build a budget PC and have to tweak settings for every game to make it smooth but if you want play at high settings with 60fps+ graphic card alone is around $800-1000(yes for two cards not looking at Titan)

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 yanni1

@aroxx_ab said:

@yanni1 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Yeah you could build a budget PC and have to tweak settings for every game to make it smooth but if you want play at high settings with 60fps+ graphic card alone is around $800-1000(yes for two cards not looking at Titan)

lol what are you going on about. A 970 destroys anything out right now for $330. Most games are well over 60 fps.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 aroxx_ab

@yanni1 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@yanni1 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

lol what are you going on about. A 970 destroys anything out right now for $330. Most games are well over 60 fps.

1080p maybe but not 1440p or if you looking at 4k. I had bought a 980 or two if i had bought a new PC today but better wait for 980Ti

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@ProtossX said:

@finalstar2007 said:

halflife on ps2

doom on n64

starcraft on n64

sim city on snes

@skelly34 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Your loss.

@anthonyautumns said:

@finalstar2007 said:

I culdnt care less about looking at 2 extra pixels, gaming on PC or any game on PC... Again PS4 it is

:O are you at all jelly of the pc or u just not even a jelly a lil tho?

it seemed like you were mad there during that post...

bro ur semi jelly and ur like o crap i have to play this one an im gonna deal with it basically what u sound like

Imagine someone gave you an amazing computer and you plugged in your ps4 controller an were playing it wouldn't you like that better than playing on ps4?

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@clyde46:

You spank on here about PC gaming yet you got a MAC.

What a fucken joke. Sort your shit out. Another dumb fakeboi.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 highking_kallor

@naz99:

@04dcarraher said:

@daious said:

Heck these new consoles were outclassed nearly two years prior to their release hardware performance wise. Their cpu's are no faster then 2008 era desktop cpu's clock per clock, them being 1.6/1.7ghz is another thorn. Then the the best gpu between them on the PS4 is 2x slower then the 7970.

The gap at their release is close to the gap back in 2008. We can just hope for a 5 or less year cycle because if we have another 8 year cycle growth pains will be unbearable in the multiplatform segment.

Its like the difference between 2d games and 3d games. Why cant the console kiddies see it? Why wont these developers use all the proccessing power of my $1000.00 plus pc. Its not like us hermits pirate all our games or anything.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

I culdnt care less about looking at 2 extra pixels,

He said Console vs PC, not Console vs Console ...

Oh, you're trolling.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@highking_kallor: you know it's possible for people to own multiple computers right?

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 highking_kallor

@lostrib:

Link?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 lostrib

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib:

Link?

you want a link to prove that people can own more than one computer?

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By highking_kallor

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib:

Link?

So no proof?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By lostrib

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib:

Link?

So no proof?

of what?

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By highking_kallor

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib:

Link?

So no proof?

of what?

Your trolling leaves much to be desired these days. You seem to be getting sloppy and lazy.

Much disappointment.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 lostrib

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

So no proof?

of what?

Your trolling leaves much to be desired these days. You seem to be getting sloppy and lazy.

Much disappointment.

I have no idea what you are talking about

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 highking_kallor

@lostrib:

You seem to have that problem with a great many users on here. WTF why am I arguing with myself?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 lostrib

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib:

You seem to have that problem with a great many users on here. WTF why am I arguing with myself?

a lot of people don't make sense