Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Why would anyone expect the console versions to look close to the maxed out PC version?

I'm guessing that current-gen console hardware couldn't run this at more than medium settings, tops.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

For those complaining about Witcher 3's graphics shut up already! It's a huge open world game that rivals the visuals of small linear games and even exceeds many of them. That's a big accomplishment.

My only concern about this game is that they might be hyping it too much. Seems like I can't go a day without a new trailer or article about it emerging. The more you talk about something the more unrealistic expectations can become. Then when you get expectations up through the roof critics start judging against those expectations rather than the product itself.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

lol once the game is out the digital foundry graphics comparisons will be interesting. It will put the delusional cows back in their place. WIll probably be loaded with frame drops too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

There are some obvious differences but the time of day makes the whole thing void.

These are obviously youtube grabs so it makes the whole thing void too :P

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Wickerman777

@yanni1 said:

lol once the game is out the digital foundry graphics comparisons will be interesting. It will put the delusional cows back in their place. WIll probably be loaded with frame drops too.

If the only difference between X1 and PS4 turns out to be 900p vs 1080p I'll be surprised. Seems to me X1 will have to sacrifice something else as well but time will tell I guess.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#56 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Some screengrabs from hq vid:

If there's another level above this then damn, I don't know what to say. Can't believe an open-world game can look so good.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#57 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

For those complaining about Witcher 3's graphics shut up already! It's a huge open world game that rivals the visuals of small linear games and even exceeds many of them. That's a big accomplishment.

My only concern about this game is that they might be hyping it too much. Seems like I can't go a day without a new trailer or article about it emerging. The more you talk about something the more unrealistic expectations can become. Then when you get expectations up through the roof critics start judging against those expectations rather than the product itself.

Totally agree. Graphics wise it is challenging linear games. On other hand, most critics and gamers are hyping it because of it's open world. Watch them complain about gameplay (as if it was better in Skyrim) and "convoluted story" when the game comes out.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Cloud_imperium
@Wickerman777 said:

@yanni1 said:

If the only difference between X1 and PS4 turns out to be 900p vs 1080p I'll be surprised. Seems to me X1 will have to sacrifice something else as well but time will tell I guess.

Would've been a lot better to go with 900p on PS4 and 720p on X1 and give people better performance/graphics but since people love to brag about their preferred platform every time when the game is confirmed to be running on higher resolutions than 720p, they decided to push the resolution instead. I expect compromises in graphics and performance on both consoles.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

@gamecubepad said:

@R4gn4r0k:

If there's another level above this then damn, I don't know what to say. Can't believe an open-world game can look so good.

Yeah it does look good in those.

But I hold off with a judgement when I see video screengrabs.

Videos always have artefacting which means a single frame loses a LOT of details. It's fine when you are viewing 24FPS or 60FPS. Not for screengrabs.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wickerman777

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yet it will still be a blast to play on consoles... OMG NO WAY!

I love how people write shit like this in SystemWars, where it's completely okay to make Threads outlining virtually unnoticeable differences of PS4 vs XBONE multiplats. But when its a huge difference in PC vs Consoles multiplat, all of a sudden "BUT WHO CAREZ".

Save it for the General Gaming boards, otherwise it's extremely hypocritical and simply out of place for this forum sub-section.But yeah, best on PC. By a big margin. Just like most other games this gen, and the gap will only widen as PC tech flourishes.

Oh and, god damn...thread backfire. I know exactly what you were trying to do @Gue1. Stick with your low settings 20-30 fps shit PS4thPlace.

My problem with the pc crowd and their neverending "better on pc" rants is that they seem oblivious to the fact that personal computers differ. The game won't be better on pc, it'll be better on some pcs. There are plenty of pcs that won't be able to run it at all. It ain't even just a question of having great components in your pc, ya gotta keep up on maintenance as well. Unlike consoles there's a kzillion different problems that can leave even a powerful pc running like a sick dog.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

My problem with the pc crowd and their neverending "better on pc" rants is that they seem oblivious to the fact that personal computers differ. The game won't be better on pc, it'll be better on some pcs. There are plenty of pcs that won't be able to run it at all. It ain't even just a question of having great components in your pc, ya gotta keep up on maintenance as well. Unlike consoles there's a kzillion different problems that can leave even a powerful pc running like a sick dog.

This is a gaming forum. We discuss gaming PCs.

This is like me assuming every PS4 owner is plugging into an old 22" 400p CRTV.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Wickerman777

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Gaming pcs aren't equal either. But anyway, the latter part of my comment applies to any pc.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

The pic Gue1 posted kinda looks like 1 pic was taken during dusk, the saturated one, and before noon, the bright one.

Just check Geralt's shadow at the first picture: the time it took place was somewhere at dusk; the shadow is stretching going further than the cliff. The second picture clearly shows it is somewhere before noon; his shadow is very near to him.

But then again, the ground and the foliage details on the first 2 picture are different.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#64  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Gaming pcs aren't equal either. But anyway, the latter part of my comment applies to any pc.

Time has caught up with you. There are more problems on my consoles than on my PC's.
The days of convenience, or long term price, or exclusives, or even power being arguments pro consoles are long gone. (Excluding Nintendo.)

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#65 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah it does look good in those.

But I hold off with a judgement when I see video screengrabs.

Videos always have artifacting which means a single frame loses a LOT of details. It's fine when you are viewing 24FPS or 60FPS. Not for screengrabs.

True that, good thing is it looks even better than these grabs, and it's possible this is only high settings. :)

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Wickerman777
@KungfuKitten said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Time has caught up with you. There are more problems on my consoles than on my PC's.

The days of convenience, or long term price, or exclusives, or even power being arguments pro consoles are long gone. (Excluding Nintendo.)

Lol, if that's true you aren't using your PC much or it's one of the sick dogs I was referring to. If you haven't been fixing problems it isn't because they aren't there but because you're not very observant to problems when they show up. Wouldn't be surprised if your pc is running at 50% capacity right now. Never a month or two goes by before I have to look through tech forums to find the solution to some new obscure problem that has popped up on my pc. To even dare turn a pc on is to break a dll somewhere.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts
If you notice there's a unicorn in this gif, you're into zoophilia.
If you notice there's a unicorn in this gif, you're into zoophilia.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@yanni1 said:

Was talking about the pc version, since the thread was discussing the pc vs console comparison.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Wickerman777

@yanni1 said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@yanni1 said:

was talking about the pc version.

I know. I just went off into a somewhat related direction.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I love how people write shit like this in SystemWars, where it's completely okay to make Threads outlining virtually unnoticeable differences of PS4 vs XBONE multiplats. But when its a huge difference in PC vs Consoles multiplat, all of a sudden "BUT WHO CAREZ".

Save it for the General Gaming boards, otherwise it's extremely hypocritical and simply out of place for this forum sub-section.But yeah, best on PC. By a big margin. Just like most other games this gen, and the gap will only widen as PC tech flourishes.

Oh and, god damn...thread backfire. I know exactly what you were trying to do @Gue1. Stick with your low settings 20-30 fps shit PS4thPlace.

That makes no sense. Not every Ps3 owner owns PS4 either. It's like saying that cross gen game (available on Xbox 360, X1, PS4 and PS3) doesn't have superior PS4 version because not everyone owns PS4 version, so Xbox One wins.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Wickerman777

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

That makes no sense. Not every Ps3 owner owns PS4 either. It's like saying that cross gen game (available on Xbox 360, X1, PS4 and PS3) doesn't have superior PS4 version because not everyone owns PS4 version, so Xbox One wins.

Ugghh, it's not like that at all. Every PS4 is the same. Not every pc is the same.

That was a strange argument and I feel only partially confident that I managed to successfully decipher what your intended point was.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Cloud_imperium

@Wickerman777 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Ugghh, it's not like that at all. Every PS4 is the same. Not every pc is the same.

That was a strange argument and I feel only partially confident that I managed to successfully decipher what your intended point was.

You are still not making sense. Just like how not everyone owns PS4, not everyone has top of the line PC.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Wickerman777

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

You are still not making sense. Just like how not everyone owns PS4, not everyone has top of the line PC.

Ok, gonna have to explain yourself in a different way cuz I don't know what the hell you're asking me.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

As much as I love the PS4 for single player games witcher 3 is simply too much for it. It is pretty clear the witcher 3 is a pc exclusive at heart ported to consoles for extra money so one would be stupid to get this for the inferior platform when they have a high end pc. Gaming is about the overall experience and graphics certainly enhances the experience. It is completely justifiable building a 4k pc just for witcher 3 just like buying a ps3 for uncharted 2 and an xbox for halo.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Lol, if that's true you aren't using your PC much or it's one of the sick dogs I was referring to. If you haven't been fixing problems it isn't because they aren't there but because you're not very observant to problems when they show up. Wouldn't be surprised if your pc is running at 50% capacity right now. Never a month or two goes by before I have to look through tech forums to find the solution to some new obscure problem that has popped up on my pc. To even dare turn a pc on is to break a dll somewhere.

That sounds more like a "user" problem rather than a hardware issue.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Wickerman777

@clyde46 said:

@Wickerman777 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Lol, run something like Registry Mechanic on your pc and find out how many problems it finds. Then after ya clean it up run it again a week later to see how many new problems it finds. To never get a problem on a pc is to never use it. And I wasn't talking about hardware issues anyway but rather software issues bogging down hardware, many of which are not readily apparent.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 clyde46

@Wickerman777 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Wickerman777 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Lol, run something like Registry Mechanic on your pc and find out how many problems it finds. Then after ya clean it up run it again a week later to see how many new problems it finds. To never get a problem on a pc is to never use it.

I got a Mac bro....

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Not on my PC it won't be :)

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Wickerman777

@clyde46 said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Wickerman777 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Lol, run something like Registry Mechanic on your pc and find out how many problems it finds. Then after ya clean it up run it again a week later to see how many new problems it finds. To never get a problem on a pc is to never use it.

I got a Mac bro....

That totally adds up. :)

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Damn... That is arguably a generation ahead. Close, at the very least. The cliff actually looks like it's made of rock in the pc shots.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

Those pics in the op I doubt the consoles will look that good.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Wickerman777

@Elaisse said:

Yeah, I doubt it too. And it's only like a second generation game for these systems. Imagine how PC ports are gonna fare on these machines a few years from now.

But hey, if it does look like that on consoles then wow ...

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

It's the same exact graphics..............just different time of day...........................JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@Elaisse said:

Yeah, I doubt it too. And it's only like a second generation game for these systems. Imagine how PC ports are gonna fare on these machines a few years from now.

Nobody makes AAA game for pc anyone just a select few. We have to rely on either the good graces of devs to gives us real pc options or the moding community. Safe to say I have my faith in the modding community.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

This thread = lolconsoles

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Not sure were you find all these imaginary stories, but nothing of what you sad is true for my pc.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Elaisse said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@Elaisse said:

Nobody makes AAA game for pc anyone just a select few. We have to rely on either the good graces of devs to gives us real pc options or the moding community. Safe to say I have my faith in the modding community.

What?

All AAA multi-plats get released on PC and more often that not they are also the definitive version of any game. Hell we're even getting games that have console exclusive deals, Titanfall, Ryse, Street Fighter 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fable Legends and many more to come.

We don't get Sony exclusives because Sony pay for them but we get our own high value games that the consoles don't get, Total War series for example, and we get more of them.

Modding is the icing on the cake but for mods to work we still need the cake.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Wickerman777

@MK-Professor said:

@Wickerman777 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Not sure were you find all these imaginary stories, but nothing of what you sad is true for my pc.

If you're not doing regular maintenance on your PC it has performance problems. If you're not doing maintenance on your PC and you haven't noticed performance problems it's because you're too dumb to notice.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Meh, they both still look great.

I want to play a good Witcher game not just stare at pretty scenery

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By clyde46

@Wickerman777 said:

@MK-Professor said:

@Wickerman777 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

If you're not doing regular maintenance on your PC it has performance problems. If you're not doing maintenance on your PC and you haven't noticed performance problems it's because you're too dumb to notice.

Stop chatting shit brah.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@gamecubepad said:

@R4gn4r0k:

It looks good, really good. But it doesn't scream next gen like what Batman Arkham Knight did or Ryse, The Order. At least visually. If someone said that was a cross gen title I wouldn't have a hard time believing them.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Wickerman777

@bobrossperm said:
@gamecubepad said:

@R4gn4r0k:

It looks good, really good. But it doesn't scream next gen like what Batman Arkham Knight did or Ryse, The Order. At least visually. If someone said that was a cross gen title I wouldn't have a hard time believing them.

The Order and Ryse? Pleeeaaaasssse!!! Those are tiny, linear games. Witcher 3 is like 10-20X the size of one of those. I would certainly hope they look better for the brief time they last.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@clyde46: Agreed, utter nonsense.

Maybe he doesn't know how to properly look after his PC like the rest of us.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts
@Wickerman777 said:

@MK-Professor said:

@Wickerman777 said:

again nothing of that you said is correct.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@Wickerman777 said:

@bobrossperm said:
@gamecubepad said:

@R4gn4r0k:

The Order and Ryse? Pleeeaaaasssse!!! Those are tiny, linear games. Witcher 3 is like 10-20X the size of one of those. I would certainly hope they look better for the brief time they last.

Oh I agree. I was more speaking of the pure on screen visuals not taking into account scale. And Ryse looks more ''next gen'' visually to me. No disrespect to this game of course.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 clyde46

@naz99 said:

I'd love to know what he means by "maintenance".

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Wickerman777
@naz99 said:

Wtf, are you totally missing the point? Those guys are claiming they do no looking after their pcs whatsoever and that they run as good as the day they bought them. That's impossible. My point has been that to game on pc is not a simple turn on and play sort of thing. Doing so necessitates a commitment to becoming a bit of a tech nerd at the same time otherwise your rig is gonna run like shit unless you bug or pay someone else to deal with problems as they arise for you. I know about this all too well cuz I've become the go-too guy to whine to from family members every time they have an issue and it drives me nuts. If anyone thinks that you simply spend a shitload of money to put together a great gaming PC and that's the end of it from you, just gaming bliss from then on out, you're deluded. You can get by being pretty much technically clueless gaming on a console. But on pc? No fucking way.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#98 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Different time of day, different builds.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#99 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: I took it seriosuly kinda shows you how clueless some console gamers are.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@Cloud_imperium:

Wasn't the witcher 2 also this massive open world game, but yet it was a corridor fest from point 1 to point 2, oh wait they added a point 3 to give you a illusion it was more open then it actually was.