The Witch and the Hundred Knight (PS3) = garbage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4824 posts) -

Another PS3 exclusive that flops pretty hard.

IGN review, 5.8/10

Not reviewed on GS yet, but it doesn´t look promising.

Here goes your consoles exclusive quality XD.

This year so far consoles haven´t got a single AA exclusive yet.

#2 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17968 posts) -

so IGN didn't think it was great and now it's a flop?

#3 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

someones jelly they dont own a ps3. B-)

#4 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4824 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

I game exclusively on PC and PS3

#5 Posted by yokofox33 (29910 posts) -

It's a NISA PS3 game that isn't Disgaea. What did you expect? Most, if not all, of those games are garbage.

Although I will say this one had looked a tad better than previous games they've released over here.

#6 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich: of course you do my child

#7 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3617 posts) -

Great score.

#8 Posted by finalstar2007 (25301 posts) -

You do realize its a NIS game right? other than Disgaea what other NIS game ever got a score above 6 or 7? this game is only a small fraction of whats coming exclusively to the PS3 this year.

#9 Posted by MonsieurX (30474 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Yeah,would love to play that masterpiece.

Just like I wish I had a PS4 to play Basement Crawl.

So,where's your PS4?Do you even have one?

#10 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

Wasn't really too interested in this one anyways. But really though, it's just one review.

#11 Posted by Krelian-co (11210 posts) -

if we go by your dumb logic and i make a thread for every "exclusive" that flops in pc be prepared to be flooded with useless threads.

#12 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -

Jrpgs don't usually score high, fact. A good majority of my ps3 game collection are jrpgs. Anyone that is into those won't be bothered by the score, they'll probably enjoy it, despite that, like usual. :P

#13 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -

Never heard of it.

#14 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2746 posts) -

Wasn't even looking forward to this.

The only jrpgs i care about on the ps3 are Persona 5 and FFX HD.Oh and Tales of Symphonia hd but i already have that one.

#15 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7325 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

The Wii U has one on Metacritic, but yeah, slow year.

#16 Posted by lostrib (37774 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

The Wii U has one on Metacritic, but yeah, slow year.

...it's also only barely the third month of the year. Give it some time

#17 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

Yes cause we all know a PC game has never scored a 5 or lower, what a freaking hypocrite.

#18 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7325 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Yes cause we all know a PC game has never scored a 5 or lower, what a freaking hypocrite.

They do, but it just seems more likely than not that there will be a PC exclusive that I've never heard of that ends up getting a 7 or above next week. It happens pretty much every week.

#19 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

Well when you produce an unprecedented amount of GOTY's, a perfect 10/10 game and 2 top 5 GOAT, you're bound to have a game that doesn't live up to SONY's world class reputation.

#20 Posted by Legend500 (131 posts) -

I never heard of this game before, and after seeing just a screenshot of it I wouldn't have expected anything else.

#21 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26593 posts) -

eh. NIS already said they focuse more on their audiance then review scores and the people who usally buy their stuff will most likely buy this.

#22 Posted by j_assassin (911 posts) -

Wha??!! Ps3 still getting exclusive games upto now?!

#23 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Just like the PC still doesn't have a AAAAE for the last 10+ years, while the ps3 does? Oh my.

#24 Posted by Newhopes (4587 posts) -

Already paid for the limited edition always love NIS games even if reviewers don't.

#25 Posted by PsychoLemons (2119 posts) -

It's a NiS game, what did you expect?

#26 Posted by Zidaneski (8474 posts) -

I'll be picking this game up. I have never been dissappointed with any NIS game that I bought. Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom were great as well so its not just their Disgaea games that are great. These types of games fill the void in me that just needs to be laughing at every line of dialogue which Disgaea 3 was able to accomplish almost too well. Disgaea 4 wasn't as funny but still great since it had Desco. Haven't bought Disgaea D2 , trying to hold out for Vita version.

#27 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -

@Zidaneski said:

I'll be picking this game up. I have never been dissappointed with any NIS game that I bought. Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom were great as well so its not just their Disgaea games that are great. These types of games fill the void in me that just needs to be laughing at every line of dialogue which Disgaea 3 was able to accomplish almost too well. Disgaea 4 wasn't as funny but still great since it had Desco. Haven't bought Disgaea D2 , trying to hold out for Vita version.

Dunno if I want D2. I'm still pumping hours into D4. Closing in on 550 hours.

#28 Posted by CountBleck12 (22951 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@Zidaneski said:

Oh damn... I just remembered.. I still need to finish the first game. FFFFFFUUUUUUU-----

#29 Posted by Alcapello (955 posts) -

The game can't be that bad, it is, after all, a PS3 exclusive.

#30 Posted by voljin1987 (735 posts) -

Dang.. i was looking forward to this game. oh well atleast i got persona 5 to look forward to

#31 Posted by Zidaneski (8474 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@Zidaneski said:

I just played D4 mainly for the story. I stopped with end-game content because its tough grinding on console version. If I had D4 vita version I'd probably have that many hours too since I had maybe half that on Disgaea 3 vita version. But I will refrain this time and wait for DD2 vita.

#32 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -

@CountBleck12 said:

@2ndwonder said:

@Zidaneski said:

Oh damn... I just remembered.. I still need to finish the first game. FFFFFFUUUUUUU-----

Someone is a slacker =P

#33 Edited by CountBleck12 (22951 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@CountBleck12 said:

Someone is a slacker =P

Yes indeed lol, it's been months now since I last played it actually. :P Then again I have other games to get done too so I don't feel all that bad.

#34 Edited by Zidaneski (8474 posts) -

@CountBleck12: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is still worth playing, the main story for most Disgaea games averages around 30-40 hours so at least finish the first one's story because its a classic and opened the way for similar games.

#35 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -
@Zidaneski said:

@2ndwonder said:

@Zidaneski said:

I just played D4 mainly for the story. I stopped with end-game content because its tough grinding on console version. If I had D4 vita version I'd probably have that many hours too since I had maybe half that on Disgaea 3 vita version. But I will refrain this time and wait for DD2 vita.

I'm going through the grinding now and I'm doing it legit, no duping or any of that stuff that you can see on the forums. Though I found out how to get some high stats on my own, so I should be able to plat the game soon, if I keep at it. Well the D4 vita version should be coming out late summer. I'll probably pick it up and waste my life on that as well lol. DD2 vita, might be a year or two. Unless they already have it in the works.

#36 Posted by Zidaneski (8474 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:
@Zidaneski said:

@2ndwonder said:

@Zidaneski said:

I'm going through the grinding now and I'm doing it legit, no duping or any of that stuff that you can see on the forums. Though I found out how to get some high stats on my own, so I should be able to plat the game soon, if I keep at it. Well the D4 vita version should be coming out late summer. I'll probably pick it up and waste my life on that as well lol. DD2 vita, might be a year or two. Unless they already have it in the works.

Anything goes in Disgaea games, ANYTHING! Just showed off the first Disgaea game to my friend and showing him all the cheap advanced tactics, he thought it was pretty bootleg. Exploiting ally cancel movements, diagonal throws, etc. If you find a glitch in a Disgaea game I say exploit it like the demon you were meant to be, lol.

#37 Posted by CountBleck12 (22951 posts) -

@Zidaneski said:

@CountBleck12: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is still worth playing, the main story for most Disgaea games averages around 30-40 hours so at least finish the first one's story because its a classic and opened the way for similar games.

Don't worry I'll get to it soon, glad to hear that the games take long to finish. Personally I just got to get better at strategizing.

#38 Edited by lamprey263 (24231 posts) -

I think the niche market of hardcore JRPG gamers would get this game regardless of what it scores.