The WiiU is a Fantastic System for Gamers

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RVCA823
Member since 2006 • 2839 Posts

I never thought this day would come, but I wholeheartedly think that the WiiU is one of the best consoles out there. Perhaps, you disagree--and that's fine. Each individual has their own criteria when deciding what constitutes a quality console. I, personally, only care about games. I don't care about social media integration, achievements, gameplay recording, or voice commands. That's just me, though. I'm sure many others find value in those features.

I have plenty of great games for the system:

Super Mario 3D World (one of the best Mario games ever), Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Zelda WW, ZombiU, NSMBU, Earthbound, Super Metroid, and other VC titles. I love the WiiU Gamepad, and the graphical output is more than sufficient.

Despite my feelings for the WiiU, I couldn't care less how many units it sells. Similarly, I don't base value or enjoyment on items by their popularity in the marketplace. If a console has an attractive price with great games (and future titles) then I'll support it. I did it with the Vita, and I'm glad to do it with the WiiU. So why not focus on the games instead of beating a dead horse by criticizing the sales? Sales should be meaningless to you unless you have a financial stake in Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Get out of here, SW is about sales again now that the Wii generation is over. We don't care about games or gamers here.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts
Loading Video...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Good to hear you're enjoying the system.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Pull the other one. After a year, there are a mere handful of games, most of them no more than average. Graphical output is "sufficient"? On what measure? It's going to fail. It's going to miss out on the third party, and I demand more from my consoles than Nintendo's cheap arse money saving at my expense.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zen_Light

@DocSanchez said:

Pull the other one. After a year, there are a mere handful of games, most of them no more than average. Graphical output is "sufficient"? On what measure? It's going to fail. It's going to miss out on the third party, and I demand more from my consoles than Nintendo's cheap arse money saving at my expense.

Haters have been saying the same thing for decades: "Nintendo's latest system will fail." and "no third party" and yet time and time again they are profitable and provide the games their fans want.

Continue hating, nothing will change.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I have been very hard on Nintendo, but after buying the Wii U and 3DS i like having them in the hardware race. They still do things that piss me off though (No unified account system, region lock, etc etc) but if they are making consoles and handhelds we dont have to worry about them focusing on mobile shovelware and it helps bring competition to Sony and Microsoft.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Disagree, it's a very mediocre console. You got a Zelda remake, mario and pikmin. Rest of the games are mediocre at best. Would be even surprised if it will match the "success" of gamecube.

Ninty went after the casual pot of gold again with a new gimmick, the tablet controller. This time it didn't work.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DocSanchez

@Zen_Light: You're talking in slogans and making stuff up. You can't argue the facts Nintendo IS failing with the wii u and they WONT get the third party. If you're okay with the paltry amount of games, the long droughts and the lack of mature titles fine, but I gather many aren't, which is why they brought out this companion console b.s. as soon as the writing was on the wall.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

disagree on games only best at avg, opinion based. graphics are fine, no need to waste time explaining on what measure lol. i agree on 3rd party tho.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zen_Light

@DocSanchez said:

@Zen_Light: You're talking in slogans and making stuff up. You can't argue the facts Nintendo IS failing with the wii u and they WONT get the third party. If you're okay with the paltry amount of games, the long droughts and the lack of mature titles fine, but I gather many aren't, which is why they brought out this companion console b.s. as soon as the writing was on the wall.

You're not a Nintendo fan, you don't own a Wii U and probably don't own a 3DS. Your preferences and wants aren't important or relevant to the company.

As I said, your bitterness towards them will change nothing.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DocSanchez

@Zen_Light: They might not be relevant to you, but you'd think to the company they would be, because they need to expand their fanbase and I'm a gamer who has bought many products of theirs in the past.

Don't switch it on to me, it's a classic sign that you DON'T have an argument worth a bean.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Disagree, it's a very mediocre console. You got a Zelda remake, mario and pikmin. Rest of the games are mediocre at best. Would be even surprised if it will match the "success" of gamecube.

Ninty went after the casual pot of gold again with a new gimmick, the tablet controller. This time it didn't work.

Yes I agree with your disagreement.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zen_Light

@DocSanchez said:

@Zen_Light: They might not be relevant to you, but you'd think to the company they would be, because they need to expand their fanbase and I'm a gamer who has bought many products of theirs in the past.

Don't switch it on to me, it's a classic sign that you DON'T have an argument worth a bean.

You're posting poison against a company you don't support. You're the one with no argument, just hate. Keep hating, no one will care.

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RVCA823

@DocSanchez: I'm starting law school in a few months so I don't need to have 200 AAA titles. The games currently available are more than enough for my needs.

I'm not sure if you just failed to read my original post or just want to reiterate a redundant opinion at every opportunity but, this thread is solely aimed at explaining my own reasons for enjoying the WiiU--therefore, I don't need "a measure" when I state that the graphics are more than sufficient. Also, I couldn't care less if the WiiU fails. I'm not a shareholder. I simply paid $300 for a system with games I wanted, and several future releases that I am anticipating. I'll live if my $300 "investment" fails, as you say.

BTW, I didn't buy the WiiU to play Titan Fall, Bioshock, or Elder Scrolls. I have a PS4 for that. Nobody buys Nintendo systems for 3rd party games.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DocSanchez

@babycakin: I concede there are good games on there. After a year, it's what I'd expect, but I will say many of those trumpeted as unmissable games like W101 would fall under the radar by quite a distance if the library was much better. It's literally nothing I haven't seen on the app store. W101? Average. Pikmin? Average. As for graphics? It's almost 2014. I want graphics up to standard. Not graphics up to 2005 standard. Up to today's. Which is more than Wii U offers. Just fine implies that you are accepting lesser graphics. Good for you, but I want more. Especially if I'm buying a new console.

ImDaMan4Realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By ImDaMan4Realz
Member since 2013 • 97 Posts

What? lol! The wii u is an awful console with nothing to offer but rehashes

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DocSanchez

@RVCA823: This isn't all about you. If you dont need a console with a lot of games, fine. But then you're only one person, and I'm going to buy the console with the greatest library which wont be the wii u this gen.

If this is about you and solely about you, blog it. Otherwise it's about everyone. Oh? And no one buys a Nintendo system for the third party? No shit sherlock. It's one of the reasons they have been on such a downward trend. Maybe if they secured the third party they wouldn't have such a colossal failure on their hands.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crimsonman1245

@imdaman4realz said:

What? lol! The wii u is an awful console with nothing to offer but rehashes

Playstation and Xbox games are mostly rehashes, publishers love them some re-used assets and yearly sequels.

But i will grant you that PS and Xbox have many, many more new IPs than any nintendo platform could dream of.

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RVCA823

@DocSanchez: You're wrong. This thread is solely about me: I made it, and everything I wrote was from a personal point of view rather than an objective one. Hopefully this thread will be a wake up call for you to start improving your reading comprehension skills.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@babycakin: I concede there are good games on there. After a year, it's what I'd expect, but I will say many of those trumpeted as unmissable games like W101 would fall under the radar by quite a distance if the library was much better. It's literally nothing I haven't seen on the app store. W101? Average. Pikmin? Average. As for graphics? It's almost 2014. I want graphics up to standard. Not graphics up to 2005 standard. Up to today's. Which is more than Wii U offers. Just fine implies that you are accepting lesser graphics. Good for you, but I want more. Especially if I'm buying a new console.

well i can understand ya, prolly why i got a ps 4 for my other gaming needs that nintendo just doesn't offer

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I am craving apple juice today. Think I will go to the shop to get some.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I agree. The system itself is underrated and often written off because of graphical capabilities - which is a shame because it outputs very nice looking games and the game pad is very novel. It has a decent library of games, and 2014 (at least what is announced) is lined up with high quality games (Donkey Kong, Bayonetta, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and potentially X and Shin x Fire Emblem).

A very nice system with a solid library, simple UI and unique online features, that focuses on the gaming experience.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46270 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

Get out of here, SW is about sales again now that the Wii generation is over. We don't care about games or gamers here.

This. Also it's about resolution suddenly now. 1080p or bust.

Anyway, gonna play some sales now, bye !

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

How many of those Wii U games are in 1080p? That's what really matters.

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RVCA823

@trugs26: well said.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

If you have no ambition to ever play online with friends and don't care about missing at least 60% of all AAA games (or getting heavily gimped versions of them), then sure. The system CAN be the best if you love the sam handful of NIntendo franchises now and forever. There will be some great new IPs to experience, yes. But let's face it, you won't play them.

Also lul at counting ZombiU as a great game and also listing a bunch of old games you can emulate on a smartphone. That's how they get you with their constant forcing you to buy the same game you've bought at least 3 times already. It's technically legal to emulate on the PC if you own a copy already, so just do that and be done with it. Hell, it's the only way you will EVER be able to play the best Mother game in english.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 crimsonman1245

@handssss said:

If you have no ambition to ever play online with friends and don't care about missing at least 60% of all AAA games (or getting heavily gimped versions of them), then sure. The system CAN be the best if you love the sam handful of NIntendo franchises now and forever. There will be some great new IPs to experience, yes. But let's face it, you won't play them.

Also lul at counting ZombiU as a great game and also listing a bunch of old games you can emulate on a smartphone. That's how they get you with their constant forcing you to buy the same game you've bought at least 3 times already. It's technically legal to emulate on the PC if you own a copy already, so just do that and be done with it. Hell, it's the only way you will EVER be able to play the best Mother game in english.

Core gamers would own the Wii U as a secondary system.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zen_Light

@crimsonman1245 said:

@handssss said:

Core gamers would own the Wii U as a secondary system.

Agreed. Casuals will buy a PS4 or Xbox one only and be a casual gamer and use a fake hatred of Nintendo systems as an excuse to justify their casualness.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i'm sure that just like the wii there will be 4 or 5 games by the end of the gen that i am bummed out about because i don't get to play them.

unfortunately 4 or 5 games is just not enough of a reason for me to own a console.

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RVCA823

@handssss: your argument is invalid and invariably flawed as it relies solely on the assumption that: 1. The WiiU isn't bought in addition to the the PS4/XB1

2. That I, or someone else, would be remotely interested in titles on the PS4/XB1.

ZombiU is a great game, and unless you've played it and have something worthwhile/constructive to say, then don't bother.

Thanks for the tip, but I can afford paying for old games, and I have no problem doing so when the game is identical to the original. SNES emulators are pretty crappy in my experience....good luck playing Super Metroid on your touch screen phone.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

finally

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

i'm sure that just like the wii there will be 4 or 5 games by the end of the gen that i am bummed out about because i don't get to play them.

unfortunately 4 or 5 games is just not enough of a reason for me to own a console.

have you looked at the current and 2014 lineup? there's at least 10 games right there. not even the ps4 or x1 have that much to offer

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DocSanchez

@RVCA823: This thread is solely about you? You heard him mods. Lock this down. It's a blog.

You don't get to tell other people what they can and can't post. Either it's your own personal opinion and it doesn't belong here or it's open to the board. You don't specifically say it was just your opinion in your OP and you didn't want anyone challenging it and if you did, your post wouldn't belong on system wars.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zen_Light

@DocSanchez said:

@RVCA823: This thread is solely about you? You heard him mods. Lock this down. It's a blog.

You don't get to tell other people what they can and can't post. Either it's your own personal opinion and it doesn't belong here or it's open to the board. You don't specifically say it was just your opinion in your OP and you didn't want anyone challenging it and if you did, your post wouldn't belong on system wars.

Blog posts are now allowed, moron.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@mrintro said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

have you looked at the current and 2014 lineup? there's at least 10 games right there. not even the ps4 or x1 have that much to offer

until they are out they may as well not exist for me.

also i hate the gamepad.

in good game design you forget about the controller and what you think is turned into onscreen action with a minimum of effort.

the wiipad literally screams for attention and drags me out of the game.

the "look at screen!" and "look at controller!" prompts that flash on once every few minutes make me crazy.

purposefully destroying immersion is maybe the worst design decision i have ever seen in gaming.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DocSanchez

@Zen_Light: Nice of you to abuse me. Doesn't appear you have much more than that in your locker so I'm not going to bother debating with you. I will say though that they're not. Look at today's board and how many threads were locked. He doesn't get to say what people can and cannot debate in threads he's started. That is not up for debate.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zen_Light

Posters can do whatever the hell they want here. If you're too sensitive, I suggest you go find a game board more suited to your gentle needs.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DocSanchez

@Riverwolf007: Since I bought my PS4 I've had the chance to pair it with my ipad for a second screen thingie. ACIV and Need for Speed both put the map on it, and it's confirmed my suspicions. You can't look at two screens at once. When I need to consult the map the best thing to do is pause, which makes me wonder why the hell I'd need the second screen for.

The only thing I could think of is a car mirror and obviously off screen play, although the oft repeated idea of playing on the toilet doesn't interest me. It's just something people say.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@RVCA823 said:

@DocSanchez: I'm starting law school in a few months so I don't need to have 200 AAA titles. The games currently available are more than enough for my needs.

I'm not sure if you just failed to read my original post or just want to reiterate a redundant opinion at every opportunity but, this thread is solely aimed at explaining my own reasons for enjoying the WiiU--therefore, I don't need "a measure" when I state that the graphics are more than sufficient. Also, I couldn't care less if the WiiU fails. I'm not a shareholder. I simply paid $300 for a system with games I wanted, and several future releases that I am anticipating. I'll live if my $300 "investment" fails, as you say.

BTW, I didn't buy the WiiU to play Titan Fall, Bioshock, or Elder Scrolls. I have a PS4 for that. Nobody buys Nintendo systems for 3rd party games.

then blog it! Because forums are to argue over opinions... Seriously, you're just wasting your money going to that law school. XD

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RVCA823

@DocSanchez: Feel free to report this thread to the moderators or even the President if you feel a rule has been broken. I'm sure they'll be forever grateful for your existence, because if it weren't for you, who else would be useless enough to notify them of such monumental crimes?

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Just a typical case of a Nintendo fan learning to adapt to whatever they get. If Zombi-U were an Xbox 360 exclusive, I doubt it would be such a great game And had the PS4 had Miiverse (ehh, i dont need that. i just want games)

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RVCA823

@Gue1: or perhaps you have a misunderstanding of what constitutes being a lawyer. I'm trying to picture a screwed up version of the world where system wars trolls who argue the hardest make the best lawyers.

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RVCA823

@drekula2: I'm going to blow your mind right now....I have more than one console. I know, shocking stuff. I can't wait to read your next idea explaining why I bought and enjoyed ZombiU.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@babycakin said:

@DocSanchez said:

disagree on games only best at avg, opinion based. graphics are fine, no need to waste time explaining on what measure lol. i agree on 3rd party tho.

I look at it like the Gamecube and Wii. Where it will have 10-20 really great games that are "essential". But not much point after that as a primary console. Gamecube I got at the very end of it's gen. Wii I played only early in the gen, and abandoned it (I never did play some of it's later exclusives). Neither console was good enough to have as primary console for the entire 5+ year gen. Now the gamecube was actually a stellar piece of hardware, it's only real issue was the constant droughts. Wii was just a piece of junk, that did have some great games, but it was still a dated piece of junk hardware that ended up with even more "droughts" then the Gamecube.

It will get worse for Wii-U when it starts missing out more and more multiplats (which WILL happen once support drops for the PS3/360 - what little support the Wii-U gets now, will surely dry up even more once games are no longer developed for the lower generation of consoles).

I'm sure I will get the Wii-U in the end, but just to run through it's top 10 or 15 Nintendo (or other exclusive) games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

@DocSanchez said:

Haters have been saying the same thing for decades: "Nintendo's latest system will fail." and "no third party" and yet time and time again they are profitable and provide the games their fans want.

They could provide those same games by being thrid party without their terrible devices... speaking consoles not handhelds.... they "decent" there.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zen_Light

@MBirdy88 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@DocSanchez said:

They could provide those same games by being thrid party without their terrible devices... speaking consoles not handhelds.... they "decent" there.

>hates Nintendo and wants them to fail

>wants their games on personal favorite console

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RVCA823

@2Chalupas: interesting point. I never considered the effects of ending PS3/360 development in relation to the WiiU 3rd party output. It's a similar situation to the Wii, only this time the WiiU doesn't enjoy the large audience the Wii did. That could mean little to none 3rd party games

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@DocSanchez said:

>hates Nintendo and wants them to fail

>wants their games on personal favorite console

lol wut? you got that from my post?

lets actually use our brains here and read correctly.

> Hates Nintendo's poor console hardware/software/OS/multiplayer choices for the last 3 generations straight.

> Likes Nintendo's games.

> Wants nintendo to go 3rd party on consoles.... opening up millions of gamers to mario and freinds without buying a £250 console that is so out of date to the point where its a joke, not just in specs, but in multiplayer capability as well.

> Wants nintendo to remain 1st party on handhelds.... as they are actually decent at it. I say decent... i'd still rather mario on a friggin vita.

god forbid I NOT support S*it products.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zen_Light

@MBirdy88 said:

god forbid I NOT support S*it products.

Then don't buy Xbox One.