The Wii will have exactly the kind of games it needs to WIN the console war

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dustin-diamond
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts

1. Sports games. Sports games are HUGE with casual gamers and the Wii is tailor made for sports games and companies like EA have already pledged full support. Actually swinging a golf club, baseball bat, throwing a football or a punch in boxing is proving to be a lot more enticing than the analog alternative. The success of Wii sports is proof in the pudding.

2. 1st party Nintendo liscences - classic franchises. Make no mistake about it, games like SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Zelda TTP and to a lesser extent MP3 are Nintendo's answer to the GTA's and Halo's that the competition offer. These are blockbuster franchises and continue to put up numbers that are comparable.

3. 1st party Nintendo liscences - New IP's - Games like Disaster Day of Crisis and Project Hammer are geared more towards older gamers, but more importantly are Nintendo's new IP's that will come in the form of Non games. With Nintendo's new mantra for innovation, new IP's like Nintendog's (DS), Braintraining, Wiisports ect. have become cultural phenomanens, and incite MASSIVE growth in the industry with non-gamers. Rest assured, these innovative titles will always be just waiting around the corner with the Wii. Nintendogs single handedly crippled the PSP in the handheld race, what will Nintendo have waiting in the wings with the Wii.

4. Classic games - VC - Nintendo's library of classic titles absolutely demolishes those seen from competitors. nuff said.

5. Mini game compilations - short and sweet without much depth. just how the casuals like em...

6. Other genre's of games on the Wii that have a lot of potential simply because of the design of the controller are FPS, and RTS. The success of the console will breed more games that Nintendo is not traditionally known for.    

SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SyluxElite
Member since 2006 • 8950 Posts
This is going to end up bad. *Trolls/ Wii haters (PS3 FTW, Mr. Pops, Gamer556, Exodion. Silversign ect.) are coming* :P
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
Yea, because Nintendo's first party titles have won them console wars in the past two generations. Oh wait.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

I disagree that if nintendo comes out as number 1 those will be the reasons why. 

For one, I dont think first party games will win anything for anyone, that third party support is needed.  I think nintendo will have the worst third party support of the three consoles but probably the best first party.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts
Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
You missed out the 'click-adventure' genre games. they're working wonders on the NDS right now, andi can see it coming to the Wii too. the perfect 'mature' genre.
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

They should consider making a toony-like RTS game. Hell.. put anime style in there.

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dustin-diamond

Yea, because Nintendo's first party titles have won them console wars in the past two generations. Oh wait. D0wnfall1
With the Wii and DS, Nintendo's first party games now fall under 2 categories rather than one.

Classic franchises and non games - the combination of these proved deadly in the handheld race, and has made the DS the fast selling handheld of all time and utterly destroyed the PSP, which many previously favored to win the handheld war.  

SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SyluxElite
Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?htekemerald
EA has pledged 15 games for the Wii. So more are coming.
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dustin-diamond
Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?htekemerald
The design of the Wii controller pretty much answers that question for me. Look at the success of Wii sports, or the fact that Madden is more critically acclaimed on the Wii than it is on the PS3, and also has better sales.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
This is going to end up bad. *Trolls/ Wii haters (PS3 FTW, Mr. Pops, Gamer556, Exodion. Silversign ect.) are coming* :P SyluxElite
Well, You got that call dead on, *looks at post beneath yours*
FreedomReign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FreedomReign
Member since 2006 • 1178 Posts
Just like the Gamecube. Perfect.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
The ONLY thing a system needs to win is blockbuster 3rd party games. So far the Wii doesnt seem to have those. ie, Final Fantasy, Grand Theft, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Virtua Fighter, etc. The Wii cant win with half a**ed 3rd party titles and awesome Nintendo made games alone. Just ask the 64 and GC...
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

[QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?SyluxElite
EA has pledged 15 games for the Wii. So more are coming.

What kind of accomplishment is that? EA publishes 50+ games a year, and most are multiplatform.

SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"]This is going to end up bad. *Trolls/ Wii haters (PS3 FTW, Mr. Pops, Gamer556, Exodion. Silversign ect.) are coming* :P super_mario_128
Well, You got that call dead on, *looks at post beneath yours*

I awesome that way. 8)
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pangster007
the control system makes it perfect for sports simulation.
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?Pangster007

How would hokey work? :? But if they can do snowboarding I quess it could work. :P
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pangster007
[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?SyluxElite

How would hokey work? :? But if they can do snowboarding I quess it could work. :P

Well, even if it might not work for some sports... What's the difference between all those sports games that come multiplatform? The Wii would definitely have the advantage with a different control system. imo, this out-values having a hd upgrade.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
This is going to end up bad. *Trolls/ Wii haters (PS3 FTW, Mr. Pops, Gamer556, Exodion. Silversign ect.) are coming* :P SyluxElite
I hear them marching....
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"]This is going to end up bad. *Trolls/ Wii haters (PS3 FTW, Mr. Pops, Gamer556, Exodion. Silversign ect.) are coming* :P Shadow_op
I hear them marching....

LOL! :P
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?SyluxElite

Hockey is the obvious choice for me for a sports game working, you could use the Nunchuku to move, and use the Wii remote to shoot, and if your left handed hold the Wii remote in your left hand, and the nunchuku in your right hand, tilt the Wii remote in a certain way to aim, and if your fighting a person they could have it switch to first person and you do what you did in Wii Sports Boxing but refine the controls for fighting more.
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?Nintendo_Ownes7

Hockey is the obvious choice for me for a sports game working, you could use the Nunchuku to move, and use the Wii remote to shoot, and if your left handed hold the Wii remote in your left hand, and the nunchuku in your right hand, tilt the Wii remote in a certain way to aim, and if your fighting a person they could have it switch to first person and you do what you did in Wii Sports Boxing but refine the controls for fighting more.

I want a Fight Night for the Wii!!! :) Think about it!
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pangster007
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?Nintendo_Ownes7

lol, nice one. there's the answer for hockey...now...onto the other sports games... really, i think the wii is the best thing to happen to sports genre since the move to 3D.
natester10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 natester10
Member since 2006 • 439 Posts
I still think that the 360 is the best out of all of the new consoles, and that it will in the end, win the war even though the Wii has sold like mad... GO 360!!!
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?Pangster007

Well, even if it might not work for some sports... What's the difference between all those sports games that come multiplatform? The Wii would definitely have the advantage with a different control system. imo, this out-values having a hd upgrade.

Some people like to recognize their favorite players faces when playing their EA sports games.
EmoPWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EmoPWNS
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
I would actually buy a wii just for a really good MLB or NBA game.  But EA cant make a mlb game :(
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SyluxElite
[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?shsonline

Some people like to recognize their favorite players faces when playing their EA sports games.

How is that fun? :?
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nintendo_Ownes7
[QUOTE="shsonline"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?SyluxElite

I was going to say I can recognize alot of players in N64 version of NHL 99 so I think people can recognize alot of people in the Wii version of NHL, or anyother sports game, even in the 360 version of Madden they sometimes don't look like the Player but other times they do.
Avatar image for mushroomscout89
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 mushroomscout89
Member since 2004 • 6434 Posts
He means sports games that people will actually want to play.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shsonline
[QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="shsonline"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?Nintendo_Ownes7

I was going to say I can recognize alot of players in N64 version of NHL 99 so I think people can recognize alot of people in the Wii version of NHL, or anyother sports game, even in the 360 version of Madden they sometimes don't look like the Player but other times they do.

Yes but lets be real. In sports games not much else changes from year to year except for the rosters. One of the redeeming qualities in sports games is the improving graphics year to year, and if I can actually recognize the players faces on 2k games on 360 and PS3 then I'd prefer those to a Wii game with LEGO looking people. If I want to play real sports thats physically stimulating I actually do that.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pangster007
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="shsonline"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="SyluxElite"][QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]Sports games? What makes you think the wii will have more then the PS3 or 360?shsonline

Yes but lets be real. In sports games not much else changes from year to year except for the rosters. One of the redeeming qualities in sports games is the improving graphics year to year, and if I can actually recognize the players faces on 2k games on 360 and PS3 then I'd prefer those to a Wii game with LEGO looking people. If I want to play real sports thats physically stimulating I actually do that.

LEGO looking? last time i checked, tiger woods had the full 10 fingers/thumbs, and he didn't have square slots under his feet.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
WII all the way!
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts

You forgot the 3rd party list.. oh wait.. nintendo doesnt have 1

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pangster007

GsSanAndreas
no, they don't do they? they have at least 10
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#36 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

1. Sports games. Sports games are HUGE with casual gamers and the Wii is tailor made for sports games and companies like EA have already pledged full support. Actually swinging a golf club, baseball bat, throwing a football or a punch in boxing is proving to be a lot more enticing than the analog alternative. The success of Wii sports is proof in the pudding.

2. 1st party Nintendo liscences - classic franchises. Make no mistake about it, games like SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Zelda TTP and to a lesser extent MP3 are Nintendo's answer to the GTA's and Halo's that the competition offer. These are blockbuster franchises and continue to put up numbers that are comparable.

3. 1st party Nintendo liscences - New IP's - Games like Disaster Day of Crisis and Project Hammer are geared more towards older gamers, but more importantly are Nintendo's new IP's that will come in the form of Non games. With Nintendo's new mantra for innovation, new IP's like Nintendog's (DS), Braintraining, Wiisports ect. have become cultural phenomanens, and incite MASSIVE growth in the industry with non-gamers. Rest assured, these innovative titles will always be just waiting around the corner with the Wii. Nintendogs single handedly crippled the PSP in the handheld race, what will Nintendo have waiting in the wings with the Wii.

4. Classic games - VC - Nintendo's library of classic titles absolutely demolishes those seen from competitors. nuff said.

5. Mini game compilations - short and sweet without much depth. just how the casuals like em...

6. Other genre's of games on the Wii that have a lot of potential simply because of the design of the controller are FPS, and RTS. The success of the console will breed more games that Nintendo is not traditionally known for.    

dustin-diamond

Ugh...just...

...Ugh.

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shsonline

GsSanAndreas

LMAO. That was funny. Wrong and meanspirited, but funny.
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SyluxElite

GsSanAndreas
Your name in sig got you there. But no third party list? :? :lol:
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nintendo_Ownes7
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

cheezisgoooood

Ugh...just...

...Ugh.

Non games are games like Nintendogs.
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
If Nintendo does win the console war, the only games that you put that would have made the difference would be the 'non-games', considering those are the only thing that the Wii does have that the Gamecube/N64 did not.
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
This is going to end up bad. *Trolls/ Wii haters (PS3 FTW, Mr. Pops, Gamer556, Exodion. Silversign ect.) are coming* :P SyluxElite
Yep, but Wii bashers are teh weak. :P
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#42 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
[QUOTE="cheezisgoooood"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Ugh...just...

...Ugh.

Is he serious or sarcastic?

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nintendo_Ownes7
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="cheezisgoooood"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"]

cheezisgoooood

Ugh...just...

...Ugh.

Is he serious or sarcastic?

He is Serious and that thing worked with the DS.