The Wii U has had 7 retail releases so far in 2014

• 160 results
#1 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5147 posts) -
#2 Posted by jg4xchamp (47306 posts) -

The WiiU sucks at getting games, more at 11.

#3 Edited by locopatho (20177 posts) -

Pathetic. Even Wii Fit U was released last year digitally. So that's basically Donkey Kong, shovelware and movie tie in games for half a year.

Can't remember even the N64 or Wii being this bad for droughts.

Will WiiU continue like this? For years more? Will Nintendo start bringing out some actual big guns and cut out the 2D platfromrs and mingames? Any third party ever? Or will they drop the WiiU...

#4 Edited by silversix_ (14058 posts) -

Nintendo should be ashamed of,,, wait nvm they're used to it and that's how Wii was for the whole generation. Some people see atrocious titles like these and ask themselves why this system even exists. Others see a sea of trash titles, spot a Mario game (good or bad it doesn't matter) and instantly consider WiiU's library as awesome. Low standards are low.

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (29487 posts) -

Hello Kitty gare is awesome, don't you tell otherwise!

#6 Edited by freedomfreak (39120 posts) -

#7 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

Pathetic. Even Wii Fit U was released last year digitally. So that's basically Donkey Kong, shovelware and movie tie in games for half a year.

Will WiiU continue like this? For years more? Will Nintendo start bringing out some actual big guns and cut out the 2D platfromrs and mingames? Any third party ever? Or will they drop the WiiU...

You mean less than half? Mario Kart is releasing this month and it isn't even June-July.

That doesn't help my argument much, does it?

#8 Posted by Telekill (4393 posts) -

I don't have and won't buy a WiiU. That said how many games do you guys need? How much free time do you people have?

*busts out old man cane and voice*

Back when I was your age I was lucky to get two games per year. One for Christmas and one for my birthday. I was thankful for what little I got and became the master of most of my games back then. You young whipper snappers these days don't appreciate anything and take it all for granted. Maybe you should slow down a little and master the games you have.

#9 Edited by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

"Bu..bu..bu..Tita..

nvm

#10 Edited by silversix_ (14058 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I don't have and won't buy a WiiU. That said how many games do you guys need? How much free time do you people have?

Back when I was your age I was lucky to get two games per year. One for Christmas and one for my birthday. I was thankful for what little I got and became the master of most of my games back then. You young whipper snappers these days don't appreciate anything and take it all for granted. Maybe you should slow down a little and master the games you have.

lol are you like 60 or something? How can you say "how many games do you guys need" when the choice of games are as bad as it gets? Dunno about you but watching news at 11 is more entertaining than playing six out of seven of these titles, that is just beyond sadness.

#11 Posted by GamingGod999 (2962 posts) -

That's a quality line-up you got there.

#12 Posted by Zassimick (6335 posts) -
@Telekill said:

That's what I wonder sometimes. I understand that the size of the library is abysmal, so much so that many find that the value just isn't there. But just with games I own I've got a couple games in the backlog right now, and there are other games that I still need to buy that I want to play. Plus the games that are coming out have me extremely excited.

Not like this discussion hasn't been had before though. :P

#13 Posted by OhSnapitz (18100 posts) -

Typical Nintendo.

And they wonder why no one is buying the Wii-u.

#14 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5147 posts) -

@Telekill said:

lol are you like 60 or something? How can you say "how many games do you guys need" when the choice of games are as bad as it gets? Dunno about you but watching news at 11 is more entertaining than playing six out of seven of these titles, that is just beyond sadness.

Whats worse, is that the only announced Wii U games for the rest of 2014 are:

1. Mario Kart 8
  2. Watch Dogs
  3. How to Train Your Dragon 2
  4. Skylanders Trap Team
  5. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Hory chet.

#15 Edited by Bigboi500 (29298 posts) -

It sucks. But Mario Kart is around the corner. Think I'm gonna go digital with that one.

#16 Posted by emgesp (2082 posts) -

Nintendo knows the Wii U is going to be a barren wasteland of a console.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (39120 posts) -
#18 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5147 posts) -
#19 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25584 posts) -

1 game per month? You gotta be shittin' me http://i.imgur.com/S0IYRKj.png

#20 Edited by foxhound_fox (87626 posts) -

Probably better than the N64.

#21 Posted by Blabadon (25910 posts) -

CoD will probably come out on the Wii U.

#22 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5147 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

#23 Posted by Blabadon (25910 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Nah, I'm predicting for the moolah that they'll announce it. I'm sure at some point they'll drop CoD support on the Wii U like they did for the Wii, but not yet.

#24 Edited by starwolf474 (549 posts) -

If someone had the Wii U as their only console then I would feel sorry for them, but for me, I bought the Wii U knowing that it would be a secondary console used pretty much only for Nintendo exclusives.

And this year Nintendo is delivering 3 excellent exclusives that will all probably make my top 5 games of 2014 list when it is all said and done.

Considering that I generally only buy about 10 games per year split between 5 consoles, the fact that 3 of them will be on Wii U and are expected to be among my favorites of the year makes me happy with the Wii U lineup in 2014.

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24869 posts) -

What about the other systems?

#26 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6909 posts) -

Hello Kitty is going to be GOTY, and then you will be crying. It will be hilarious.

#27 Edited by locopatho (20177 posts) -

@locopatho said:

You mean less than half? Mario Kart is releasing this month and it isn't even June-July.

That doesn't help my argument much, does it?

You are right. "Half a year" is an exaggeration. "Third of a year" is more accurate. Still dire though. Seems like there'll be DK for the first third, Mario Kart for second third, and Smash for Christmas? Maybe Bayo 2 as well? Fits the "3 - 5" games per year I expect from Ninty consoles the past several years.

#28 Posted by Big_Pecks (5242 posts) -

Mario Kart 8, SSB4 and Bayonetta, plus DK and Kirby are more than other first parties can say.

#29 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

The WiiU I'll eventually own will be a Bayonetta 2/Fatal Frame/X machine. Waiting for the lowest price possible for a dead system.

#30 Posted by yokofox33 (29351 posts) -

That's not very good. At least MK8 and SSB are going to be amazing, but still, some more choices would be nice.

#31 Edited by OhSnapitz (18100 posts) -

Mario Kart 8, SSB4 and Bayonetta, plus DK and Kirby are more than other first parties can say.

..and the faithful continue to bend over.

#32 Posted by freedomfreak (39120 posts) -
#33 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

You know, CoD has a tendency to be announced late on Nintendo systems.

#34 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
#35 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Shameful to say the least.

#36 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10862 posts) -

Wow, that's pretty embarrassing. What the heck is Nintendo doing? They better have a crazy E3.

Still plan on buying a WiiU soon for Mario Kart 8 and the Wii catalog (never owned a Wii).

If things get desperate maybe I'll just try Hello Kitty.. >__>

#37 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6753 posts) -

That is abysmal.

#38 Edited by m_machine024 (14862 posts) -

Ya it's bad. :( Oh well there's ton of indie games at least. haha :P

#39 Posted by m_machine024 (14862 posts) -

Nintendo should be ashamed of,,, wait nvm they're used to it and that's how Wii was for the whole generation. Some people see atrocious titles like these and ask themselves why this system even exists. Others see a sea of trash titles, spot a Mario game (good or bad it doesn't matter) and instantly consider WiiU's library as awesome. Low standards are low.

I don't remember the Wii being THAT bad. XD Well not at a year after its launch anyway.

#40 Posted by lamprey263 (23104 posts) -

If I get 20-30 decent games for it over the course of its life that'll pretty much be what I got out of my Wii. I'll be satisfied with its function as a companion console to other next gen systems, whether I later pick up a X1 or PS4, I mainly got it to play Nintendo exclusives, not multiplats. I'm looknig forward to Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Bros, SMT x FE, Bayonetta 2, there's another Fatal Frame game coming (hopefully will see a North American release). Hopefully another Zelda that's not Hyrule Warriors, another Metroid possibly. I already got like 8 games for the Wii U so far so I'm already think the Wii U will live up to what I wanted out of it.

#41 Edited by Heil68 (43433 posts) -

That's why I'm hoping they focus more on WiiU than 3DS at E3.

#42 Edited by NFJSupreme (5150 posts) -

Nintendo sho8uld just cut and run on the wii u but they wont

#43 Edited by silversix_ (14058 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Who said the'll even be at E3? For those "please understand" people a Nintendo direct is E3 rofl.

#44 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16780 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Totally agree with you man. Don't know where people find the time to play a ton of games. I do have a Wii U though, and if you compare the library to what's currently out, the Wii U actually has a bunch of great games that are more than enough to keep you busy unless all you do is play games.

#45 Edited by SolidTy (42419 posts) -

This is what I expected when I bought my Wii Us at launch.

It's a complimentary machine like the N64, Gamecube, and Wii were. I lived through the N64 launch, which was only two games. I can deal with this, although it's certainly pretty rough looking at it listed.

For those that buy it and expected a solo machine all gen with multiplats for the entire generation well's that's too bad.

#46 Posted by Postosuchus (145 posts) -

Anyone know how Wii Fit U is doing sales wise now? The originals were huge system sellers for the Wii.

#47 Edited by Heil68 (43433 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Who said the'll even be at E3? For those "please understand" people a Nintendo direct is E3 rofl.

Well I dont think they are having a conference like SONY and MS, but they are set to be there and announce some things.

http://e3.nintendo.com/

"This includes a new format for unveiling news: the Nintendo Digital Event; a Super Smash Bros. tournament; a full slate of live, in-depth game demos from the Nintendo booth; and an opportunity for fans to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U for the first time at their local Best Buy."

I can at least hope they announce some new games for the console since I own it. :P

#48 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1345 posts) -

I have a feeling nintendo is trying to kill off the Wii U, the few big name games releasing will find their way onto intends next console.

#49 Edited by KBFloYd (13141 posts) -

you forgot hyrule warriors, sonic boom, monoliths X, call of duty(at least put maybe), one piece world unlimited...

thread is nothing but troll bait.

besides smash and mario kart are the biggest games of the year...besides call of duty and titanfall. ps4 has nothing...absolutley nothing.

#50 Edited by Giancar (19048 posts) -

That's why I get Nintendo consoles as secondary ones. Not prob for me at least.