The Wii is for casuals

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Before it was "lololol nintendo is for teh kiddiez11!!"

And now its "im teh hardcore why would I want to play the wii roflol its for teh casuals and grandmas!!!!11"

Seriously WTF :|

Why are haters trying so hard when they constantly fail? Wii is fun, people love it and its gonna take over the world.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
The PS2 is for casuals too. Wii haters have no logical argument, to be honest.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

This is SW!!!!!

*kicks next poster into pit*

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
I think the problem with that little counter-"argument" is that haters don't understand just how many "hardcore" games the casuals buy.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
The PS2 is for casuals too. Wii haters have no logical argument, to be honest. TrueReligion_
I don't like any of this "hardcore casual" stuff. The PS2 and Wii are for people who play games. So is everything else. We're all in the same group.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
Or, as the pretty lady in the Nintendo Wii video at Target always tells me... "Wii is for everyone". :oops:
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
u beat springz300 to it :P
BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlaveBrave
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts
TC Your forgetting the topic of "The Wii is not expanding the market" :P
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

The PS2 is for casuals too. Wii haters have no logical argument, to be honest. TrueReligion_

Perhpas, except that, it also had some "hardcore" titles. I play what I like, but I'm hating the trend I've been seeing ever since 3d consoles emerged... more and more games get targeted towards the casual, leaving less and less resources for great adventure games, great turn-based strategies like CIV, HoM&M.... see where I'm going at, all you people might not realise it since you only started gaming with that era, or perhaps you aren't so passionate about them, and prefer retro gaming rather than having those games you loved improved upon.

How come we see less and less 2d platformers? Had the genre gone stale? No, but 3d is teh fancy and looks teh hawt. Just because we can do more stuff graphically doesn't mean we should. (this is not in regards to wii, but in the casualisation progress that has been going on for ages).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. which was originally set out to be a first person RPG, became a free-roaming FPS with some RPG elements (linear questing mostly), so it would appeal to a bigger audience and THQ could get their money back.

Oblivion, was dumbed down so more people would understand it, it would hold you by your hand every step of the way, giving you very little options on how to do quests since that's only confusing to the masses.

There are countless examples. I agree to blame it all on the wii is utter utter horse manure. What I do see happening though, is that Wii is speeding up this process greatly. I only have to read the great amount of big publishers announcing that they shift their resources to make games oriented to the Wii gamer... that alone says enough. Yes hardcore games will still be made, and some "casual" games will still be enjoyable (I enjoyed Nintendogs for what it was, but it didn't hold my attention, same goes for Animal Crossing.. yet games like Castlevania DoS and AW keep my attention because they offer depth and challenge.

So I guess that this thread wasn't directed at me, but each time i just want to drone it in everyone's head that I don't hate on the Wii because it's for casuals and non gamers. I don't hate on it at all, but anyone denying that we will see a great increase in minigames really needs to read up on the news... and by the way, don't believe ea when they say they are shifting resources to make "innovative" titles for the wii... it means they simply are going to rip something off, put the EA logo and spin on it, and then cash in....

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
First it was "teh graffex." Then it was "teh kidday." And now it is "teh cazualz."

Bashers have never had logical arguments... I do not even know why people try to counter them with logic when you know they won't listen. :P
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
There are casuals on every system including the PC and the 360. No system is meant just for casuals or the hardcore.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts

[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]The PS2 is for casuals too. Wii haters have no logical argument, to be honest. 2FacedJanus

Perhpas, except that, it also had some "hardcore" titles. I play what I like, but I'm hating the trend I've been seeing ever since 3d consoles emerged... more and more games get targeted towards the casual, leaving less and less resources for great adventure games, great turn-based strategies like CIV, HoM&M.... see where I'm going at, all you people might not realise it since you only started gaming with that era, or perhaps you aren't so passionate about them, and prefer retro gaming rather than having those games you loved improved upon.

How come we see less and less 2d platformers? Had the genre gone stale? No, but 3d is teh fancy and looks teh hawt. Just because we can do more stuff graphically doesn't mean we should. (this is not in regards to wii, but in the casualisation progress that has been going on for ages).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. which was originally set out to be a first person RPG, became a free-roaming FPS with some RPG elements (linear questing mostly), so it would appeal to a bigger audience and THQ could get their money back.

Oblivion, was dumbed down so more people would understand it, it would hold you by your hand every step of the way, giving you very little options on how to do quests since that's only confusing to the masses.

There are countless examples. I agree to blame it all on the wii is utter utter horse manure. What I do see happening though, is that Wii is speeding up this process greatly. I only have to read the great amount of big publishers announcing that they shift their resources to make games oriented to the Wii gamer... that alone says enough. Yes hardcore games will still be made, and some "casual" games will still be enjoyable (I enjoyed Nintendogs for what it was, but it didn't hold my attention, same goes for Animal Crossing.. yet games like Castlevania DoS and AW keep my attention because they offer depth and challenge.

So I guess that this thread wasn't directed at me, but each time i just want to drone it in everyone's head that I don't hate on the Wii because it's for casuals and non gamers. I don't hate on it at all, but anyone denying that we will see a great increase in minigames really needs to read up on the news... and by the way, don't believe ea when they say they are shifting resources to make "innovative" titles for the wii... it means they simply are going to rip something off, put the EA logo and spin on it, and then cash in....

PS2 is as hardcore as it gets, in my opinion--but it also appeals to casual gamers. I agree, though, games are getting dumbed down; and games on the Wii do not hold my interest at all.

joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
You can't get any more hardcore than Cookin' Mama: Cook-Off!!!!
BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlaveBrave

First it was "teh graffex." Then it was "teh kidday." And now it is "teh cazualz."

Bashers have never had logical arguments... I do not even know why people try to counter them with logic when you know they won't listen. :P
foxhound_fox

True I just sit back and read those kind of thread because they are pretty funny. I love seeing fanboys rant (Chad Warren: ABAP for the win) LOL maybe that is why my post count is so low. I read instead of post.

PS: If you don't know who Chad Warren is look him up on Youtube. Funny stuff.......

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]First it was "teh graffex." Then it was "teh kidday." And now it is "teh cazualz."

BlaveBrave

True I just sit back and read those kind of thread because they are pretty funny. I love seeing fanboys rant (Chad Warren: ABAP for the win) LOL maybe that is why my post count is so low. I read instead of post.

PS: If you don't know who Chad Warren is look him up on Youtube. Funny stuff.......

chadwarden is acting and he was just a fad really...

his first vid was funny but nothing else could be said if he kept making videos people would find them boring.

2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

PS2 is as hardcore as it gets, in my opinion--but it also appeals to casual gamers. I agree, though, games are getting dumbed down; and games on the Wii do not hold my interest at all.

TrueReligion_

That's very debatable, as far as games that could be labeled "Hardcore" the PC is king. Simple example: There are still alot of people playing Diablo 2 over battle.net for those of you daring to call it a mindless hack & slash, I'll come up with a list of dozens of different character builds within that game, all very effective. Another example, has there ever been a 4x strategy game on consoles? I don't think so. Mods etc. all require a hardcore community to get made....

I will not deny however that the ps2 has hardcore games, but that also goes for xbox 1 (Ninja Gaiden, Otogi, Phantom Dust).

And lastly, every platform will have hardcore games, but it's the ratio of hardcore vs. casual games that will be very low on the Wii, lower than on any console before I'm willing to wager. And I only ahve to look to it's little brother the DS to see this.

Yes you could also debate that consoles =/= handhelds... but with the DS and Wii there are more similarities than PSP & PS2.

BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlaveBrave
[QUOTE="BlaveBrave"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]First it was "teh graffex." Then it was "teh kidday." And now it is "teh cazualz."

Hir0_N

chadwarden is acting and he was just a fad really...

his first vid was funny but nothing else could be said if he kept making videos people would find them boring.

Yeah he was a fad, but I'm just saying that I find fanboy rants funny most times. Other times >_>........

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Casuals are evil for gaming, man. Spray the words.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

casual and games getting dumbed down. oh brother. that's how things work. if we're going to keep doing this then in the end 99% of the ppl here are casual and play dumbed down games compared to pc gamers that played text games (MUDs), and adventure games were you actually had to type what you wanted to do and say rather that pressing A or selecting a canned response.

So no ridiculous this type of thing becomes?

DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts
OPINIONS, OMG. I think the wii is the crappiest thing ever made, but if people love it, good for 'em. Just an opinion.............
BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlaveBrave

casual and games getting dumbed down. oh brother. that's how things work. if we're going to keep doing this then in the end 99% of the ppl here are casual and play dumbed down games compared to pc gamers that played text games (MUDs), and adventure games were you actually had to type what you wanted to do and say rather that pressing A or selecting a canned response.

Ontain

LOL I remember those games. Some of them were pretty fun........... but I wouldn't go back to them :P

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
Agreed SW is full of stupid logic like Psp grphx owns wii grphx. :roll:
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Wii is for non-gamers

Real gamers play real games. Not minigames.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Wii is for non-gamers

Real gamers play real games. Not minigames.

NobuoMusicMaker

A real game would be snakes and ladders or musical chairs.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="Ontain"]

BlaveBrave

LOL I remember those games. Some of them were pretty fun........... but I wouldn't go back to them :P

oh so you prefer dumbed down games that have a quest log, an automap, all that extra help for newbs? real gamers know how to write there own action scripts for games. newbs react slowly to graphical cues using a controller like trained monkeys. ;)