The Wii got minimal love at E3 I must say....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

The latest announcement of Castlevania got me thinking. I think we can assume that even though the Wii has the largest install base by quite a bit, developers would still rather put their new games on the 360 and PS3. Sales =/= Good Games as sheep so desperately tried to claim for the past couple years.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
3 Mario games and a Metroid game isnt enough??
primitive013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 primitive013
Member since 2003 • 1422 Posts

simply because its not HD. castlevania was born on nintendo platforms, the NES. they still get castlevania on the DS, great games by the way. once nintendo steps up their specs (hopefully) next gen to match the ps4 and next xbox, they'll get all the multiplats too.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
3 Mario games and a Metroid game isnt enough??POJO_MOFO
Apparently nothing is.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
You can't have a good game on the Wii? Is that the claim you are making?
jdsteffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jdsteffen
Member since 2003 • 184 Posts

From everyone but Ubisoft

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

You can't have a good game on the Wii? Is that the claim you are making?SpruceCaboose

That is not the claim at all. You've been around long enough to know how many posts were made saying "Sales = More games = better games" and its not happening from 3rd party devs.

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]You can't have a good game on the Wii? Is that the claim you are making?Uptown

That is not the claim at all. You've been around long enough to know how many posts were made saying "Sales = More games = better games" and its not happening from 3rd party devs.

Really? Because from the lists I've seen Wii has the most coming from 3rd party devs this year AND the next year.

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]You can't have a good game on the Wii? Is that the claim you are making?Uptown

Wii is now getting alot of great 3rd party support. Konami is more interested in making Castlevania games for DS, which so far have been fantastic.
zepman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zepman71
Member since 2005 • 4120 Posts

New Metroid was enough for me :D

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Oh I get you now. It depends on what system best offers the developer the chance to make the game they want and which also has the potential to sell enough to make money. If your vision is a photo realistic racer, the Wii is not your best bet to make your vision. If your vision is a charming platformer with motion controls, the Wii is your best bet to make your vision.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

Whether or not sales=tons of the new games, sales did equal Dragon Quest X, Monster Hunter Tri, Tales of Graces and Sin and Punishment 2. That's 4 games I am glad to have on the Wii.

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
There is a lot of good stuff coming out and a lot of good things on the floor. Just because the gaming press likes to believe that the Wii doesn't exist doesn't mean it's true.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
it would make more sense to put it on next gen consoles as 360 + PS3 userbase > Wii base. That does not mean the theory of good sales= good games isn't true.
Avatar image for desmondsultanas
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 desmondsultanas
Member since 2009 • 326 Posts
The Wii misses out on alot of multiplats because its not powerful enough, but at the same time gets a lot of 3rd party exclsuives as well. Honestly I'm surprised by the lack of 3rd party next gen HD announcements at E3. Bid budget games seem to be slowing down.
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

The latest announcement of Castlevania got me thinking. I think we can assume that even though the Wii has the largest install base by quite a bit, developers would still rather put their new games on the 360 and PS3. Sales =/= Good Games as sheep so desperately tried to claim for the past couple years.

Uptown
I am pretty sure Cows claimed the same thing with the PS2.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

2 awesome looking mario games, Team ninja metroid, the retro project is supposed to be revealed soon, as well as pikmin 3 and zelda hopefully. And weve got a new slient hill, resident evil, Red steel 2, no more heroes 2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, the conduit, and some cool looking stuff, like wiispots resort actually suprised me it really looks legit, with all the wii motion plus stuff coming, wii is going to be fine this year, and be awesome next year

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

New Metroid was enough for me :D

zepman71

yeah, nintendo could have walked out and said, SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2!!!!.... welp.. see ya.. and i would have been happy

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Um, what? Lol! New Super Mario Bros Wii (which is getting awesome feedback), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (sequel to the #1 platformer this gen and one of the highest rated games this gen), and a new Metroid with a new style of gameplay by Team Ninja. 3 REAL exclusives for 2 of the most well known and celebrated franchises in gaming history. All of this announced in one single conference. -sigh- The Wii denial needs to calm down in System Wars. A real hardcore gamer wouldn't deprive themself of owning these amazing titles.

And on top of that, you have 3rd party support with some of the best games such as Tatsunoko VS Capcom, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, Little King's Story, The Conduit, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil, Gladiator A.D., Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Dead Space Extraction, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, The Grinder, and on and on.

desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 desmondsultanas

Um, what? Lol! New Super Mario Bros Wii (which is getting awesome feedback), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (sequel to the #1 platformer this gen and one of the highest rated games this gen), and a new Metroid with a new style of gameplay by Team Ninja. 3 REAL exclusives for 2 of the most well known and celebrated franchises in gaming history. All of this announced in one single conference. -sigh- The Wii denial needs to calm down in System Wars. A real hardcore gamer wouldn't deprive themself of owning these amazing titles.

BioShockOwnz
IMO Nintendo won the conference by a landslide What blockbusters came on other consoles from MS or Sony that we didnt know about before E3? None The Wii had three or four I dont see how anyone can deny this but they do anyway
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 desmondsultanas

BioShockOwnz
IMO Nintendo won the conference by a landslide What blockbusters came on other consoles from MS or Sony that we didnt know about before E3? None The Wii had three or four I dont see how anyone can deny this but they do anyway PS Red Steel 2 looks awesome too!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
The Wii offers a ton of games I can;t play on anything else and a way to play anywhere else. Why would I want the 27th iteration of Castlevania that's plays essentially the same as the original but with HD graphics?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Whether or not sales=tons of the new games, sales did equal Dragon Quest X, Monster Hunter Tri, Tales of Graces and Sin and Punishment 2. That's 4 games I am glad to have on the Wii.

dragonball3900

Sin & Punishment 2 is a first Party game but yeah sales did add to it being on the Wii because the first one sold well on the VC but the main reason it was made for the Wii was because Nintendo promised Treasure it would be made for North America since Treasure always wanted to make a sequal.

desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 desmondsultanas
Looks like your thread backfired
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I don't know about you but depending on third parties on a nintendo system that's not a handheld is stupid now a days. All things considered i thought the wii had a nice E3 showing. Maybe I'm way off base but that's what I thought.

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
It was damn fine. Sin and Punishment 2, Crystal Bearers, Metroid and Galaxy 2 sealed the deal for me.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

Uptown
your problem is that you think that when a final fantasy game comes from square to wii, is bad, if its elsewhere is good, if capcom does the same, is bad if its on the wii.your mind is closed to the facts. Cant you see that third party devs are making games for both consoles with the same level of effort and quality?is it that hard to understand with the facts exposed?
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts

Looks like your thread backfireddesmondsultanas

Fixed.

desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 desmondsultanas

I don't know about you but depending on third parties on a nintendo system that's not a handheld is stupid now a days. All things considered i thought the wii had a nice E3 showing. Maybe I'm way off base but that's what I thought.

ActicEdge
Third party support on the Wii is better than it ever has been... buts its not many multiplats and all exclusives: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Online), NMH2, The Grinder Monster Hunter 3 Murumasa Demon Blade The Conduit Red Steel 2 Spyborgs (Capcom) Gladiator AD DQ X Final Fantasy CC ect.;
Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

Three mario games? NSMB Wii, SMG 2........ whats the other one?! Besides nobody plays the 3d metroids anymore. SMG 2 isnt coming till who the hell knows when.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="POJO_MOFO"]3 Mario games and a Metroid game isnt enough??Hungry_Jello

Three mario games? NSMB Wii, SMG 2........ whats the other one?! Besides nobody plays the 3d metroids anymore. SMG 2 isnt coming till who the hell knows when.

I don't know I'm thinking he is thinking of the 2 DS games. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's inside Story and Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

From everyone but Ubisoft

jdsteffen
Ubisoft was VERY nice to the Wii this year!
-snorlax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -snorlax-
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

you obviously havent looked up the upcoming list. No More Heroes 2, Muramasa, Conduit, Mad World, Tales of Grace, Sin and Punishment 2, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid other M, New Super Mario brothers 2, Punchout, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2 isnt enough for you? Go away noob.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Four Mario games actually. NSMBWii, SMG2, Mario and Luigi 3, and M vs. DK: Minis March Again. Also, tons of third party support with generally positive feedback ie, REDarkside, Tats vs. Capcom, Madworld, Puchout!!, The Conduit, Boom Blox, etc. How are you complaining?
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I'm quite content with the Wii until the end of next year, pretty much.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

[QUOTE="POJO_MOFO"]3 Mario games and a Metroid game isnt enough??Hungry_Jello

Nobody plays 3-D Metroids? What kind of gamer are you to be supporting your arguement with this? SMG2 comes out Q2 2010, by the way.
DaSorcerer77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaSorcerer77
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
See OP, it you did some research this would have never happened.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

simply because its not HD. castlevania was born on nintendo platforms, the NES. they still get castlevania on the DS, great games by the way. once nintendo steps up their specs (hopefully) next gen to match the ps4 and next xbox, they'll get all the multiplats too.

primitive013
I wouldn't bank on it, they did that with the Gamecube, and support gradually got pulled because no one is buying the multiplats.
Wikipedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wikipedian
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

Metroid

Zelda

Wii Sports Resort

2 Mario Games

High Voltage Games

Sin and Punishment 2

GOLDEN SUN DS

Your argument is invalid

littledoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 littledoug
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts

2010 is looking like a pretty good year for wii owners with mario galaxy 2, metroid, and zelda all supposedly coming out that year

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="primitive013"]

hiphops_savior
I wouldn't bank on it, they did that with the Gamecube, and support gradually got pulled because no one is buying the multiplats.

Nintendo's talent is both a gift and a curse it seems.
Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

[QUOTE="Hungry_Jello"]

[QUOTE="POJO_MOFO"]3 Mario games and a Metroid game isnt enough??enterawesome

Nobody plays 3-D Metroids? What kind of gamer are you to be supporting your arguement with this? SMG2 comes out Q2 2010, by the way.

Metroid 1 was very good. M2 was ok and M3 was meh. The 2D ones served the series best. Also, SMG2 is so far away! Why. :(

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="Hungry_Jello"]

Hungry_Jello

Metroid 1 was very good. M2 was ok and M3 was meh. The 2D ones served the series best. Also, SMG2 is so far away! Why. :(

metroid prime 3 meh? what ever you say, but i feel it is the best story driven first person game this gen with bioshock just behind it and i am not counting fallout 3 because it can be played in third person
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
there are plenty of 3rd party titles coming, mostly exclusive and alot are new ips. people complain about nintendo milking their franchises and fans only wanting the same old games, and then start boasting about how residient evil 5 or gta4 is on their console.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
No... theyre the exact problem.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
+ the announced 3rd party titles like NMH2 and Red Steel 2. (there are more but not coming to mind right now)
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

And on top of that, you have 3rd party support with some of the best games such as Tatsunoko VS Capcom, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, Little King's Story, The Conduit, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil, Gladiator A.D., Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Dead Space Extraction, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, The Grinder, and on and on.

BioShockOwnz

They were great announcements and Nintendo don't have much to worry about, but you can't overlook the chilly reception they received at E3. I seem to remember Metroid: Other M being the only thing that got any applause.

legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
poor sheep ,less you ask from nintendo less you will get ,by the way the new super mario bros is a last gen graphics little big planet rip off and mario galaxy 2 look like the first one i think nintendo dont have any idea of what to do next . so they decide to focus on fitnes and girly games .
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Urrm, have you looked at the amount of third party support it's getting? Theres only one game I need to use as poof to be honest, Monster Hunter 3, cancelled on PS3 and moved over to the Wii? Yeah that's not proof of sales = games at all is it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="Uptown"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]You can't have a good game on the Wii? Is that the claim you are making?Iamsmee

Really? Because from the lists I've seen Wii has the most coming from 3rd party devs this year AND the next year.

Let's see, shall we, the list of confirmed games heading to the Wii: Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles Dragon Quest X Sin and Punishment 2 Dead Space: Extraction Monster Hunter 3 No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle The Conduit Gladiator A.D Red Steel 2 Liittle King's Story Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Tatsunoko vs Capcom Cursed Mountain The Grinder The Munchables Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Metroid Prime: Trilogy Flip's Twisted World Muramasa: The Demon Blade Overlord: Dark Legend Wii Sports Resort The Legend of Zelda Wii Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Super Mario bros Wii Metroid: Other M If that's not a lineup of good games, I don't know what is.