The Watch Dogs Hype Thread of 8.0 Goodness (Hype Met)

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@silversix_ said:

So how are Xbone graphics? Surpassed 360/ps3 version or not yet?

About as crappy as PS4's visuals.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@ladyblue said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@ladyblue said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Game is soooo fun, seriously nothin like getting chased by cops just to frak with the lights and cause a 5 car pile up. My only issue so far is the stuttering while driving, other than that having a blast with this game.

How's the melee combat?

Is it like AC or entirely different.

It's the usual press button (in this case B since I use a 360 controller for my PC) and Aiden does a take down, the animation is a lot more fluid so far than anything in Assassins Creed.

So it's like AC where you have to counter?

I'm okay with this if that's the case. GTA4 combat was horrible.

I haven't tried to straight up melee someone, just have done the typical stealth take downs or if I'm about to get caught I quickly melee them to take them out.

Let us know. :P

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@silversix_ said:

So how are Xbone graphics? Surpassed 360/ps3 version or not yet?

About as crappy as PS4's visuals.

with the added spice of 792p particles and shadows? who needs them. Next gen needs no shadows.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#204 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Any impressions on the PS3 version?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#205  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I'm sure the game is fun. Ubisoft will do an Assassin's Creed thingy, first game will be decent and show promise, second game will generate even more hype and consumer support, then they'll milk it over the next decade.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

You know what? this game plays just fine with my variable 35-50 fps, usually averages on 40. I had to take my OC off because for whatever reason watchdogs absolutely hates it on compared to every other game I have and my card isn't even getting that hot. On all high settings and hbao+ and for the most part it runs great, gun fights are perfectly acceptable, 60 fps really has no bearing on the gameplay at all.

The moment a fucking car chase happens, oh my god the constant hitching, which is definitely not acceptable to me and I'm seeing it mentioned all over the place, so gladly I'm not the only one experiencing it but honestly I wouldn't be able to consider myself a pc gamer if my game worked as intended at release.

I hate how I can't do drive by's tho. Let's be honest Aiden is an asshole, he's no hero.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: I agree with the last bit. I've been stealing all kind's of people's personal savings by hacking their bank accounts yet Aiden doesn't give a ****. I swear i've robbed people with the descriptions takes in the homeless and donates to charity and one on an income of like $10,000. He's no vigilante, he's on his own power trip.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@hoosier7 said:

@ReadingRainbow4: I agree with the last bit. I've been stealing all kind's of people's personal savings by hacking their bank accounts yet Aiden doesn't give a ****. I swear i've robbed people with the descriptions takes in the homeless and donates to charity and one on an income of like $10,000.

Seriously there's no justification for his behavior, b-b-but my dead niece.

Are you fucking kidding me? The story is so stupid. So far Jordi is a gem tho so at least it's redeemed in some aspect with some cool supporting characters.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#210 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

After all the pre-launch drama around here it was nice to finally sit down with the game for a few hours. IMO it looks great and while limited to 30fps, in my experience it never noticeably dips (PS4).

Haven't spent much time on the missions (mostly because there are so many different types of side missions I wanted to try out) but it's pretty clear the story isn't going to be the strong suit of this game. Even so, with so much to do and a great playground to do them in I'm going to get my money's worth out of the title with ease.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

Also I turned all settings to low and I still get that awful stutter. lmao.

Hilarious.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: what have you set up regarding

gpu max buffered frames

and vsync frames

i run a max buffered frames of 1, with no vsync. i'm shooting my milky load at 60 fps. a little bird tells me that the gpu max buffered frames is the culprit for stutters, keep her at one.

if she's already at one then ... well, i offer my condolences.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@ladyblue: you have to be in combat to engage someone with a melee attack or if someone is trying to sneak up on you/invade you the melee option is prompt towards that person.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Hilarious.

Try it in borderless mode with TXAA or w/e and turn off vsync (having reflections turned down also might help). I did that and went from full stutter while driving to very little.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#214 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Inconsistent seems to be the name of the game. At least it's doing the main point of the game right.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@ladyblue: you have to be in combat to engage someone with a melee attack or if someone is trying to sneak up on you/invade you the melee option is prompt towards that person.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Hilarious.

Try it in borderless mode with TXAA or w/e and turn off vsync (having reflections turned down also might help). I did that and went from full stutter while driving to very little.

I've been running it with Vsync off, aa on or off seems to make no difference, I'm still getting unplayable stutter.

Trying to drive to his sisters house is an exercise in frustration, lmao.

It seems after the first mission, the intro. This shit started happening. gtx 580, i7 920 4.2 gigz, 6gb ram, windows 8.1.

Nothings overheating., even with my OC'd card it wasn't. This games so weird.

Tried borderless, getting the same shit. No matter what visual options I select.

latest WHQL nvidia drivers as well for those wondering. Recently played wolfenstein and it ran at a consistent 60 all maxed out as a point of reference.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

The game is much better than the internet would lead you to believe on PS4. I'm actually impressed. 900p isn't all that bad after all Cows.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 ReadingRainbow4

@GoldenElementXL said:

The game is much better than the internet would lead you to believe on PS4. I'm actually impressed. 900p isn't all that bad after all Cows.

It seems better than the pc version right now, can't even play this shit.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#218 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Loving it so far, fun game, great graphics.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#219 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

It seems better than the pc version right now, can't even play this shit.

Same here. No matter what settings I choose on my GTX 760 the performance is terrible. Luckily it came free with the graphics card or I'd be pretty pissed right now.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4: my 760 gets to 81 degree while playing Watch Dogs, ironically it doesn't even get that hot while playing Arma 3...

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: yikes. I plan on buying the PC version later on. I have a i7 3770k at 4.2, GTX 690 and 16 gigs of RAM. The reason I didn't go PC to begin with is because I have a 1440p monitor and running games near launch at that resolution is tough. I usually have to wait for the drivers to be ironed out and see how other 1440p gamers are doing. We all know Ubisofts track record with PC games.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4: my 760 gets to 81 degree while playing Watch Dogs, ironically it doesn't even get that hot while playing Arma 3...

I don't think I've ever seen my 580 go above 72c.

Regardless it shouldn't even matter if it does, cards these days have high heat ceilings.

Gonna try that pagefile fix.

Hope this works.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Regardless it shouldn't even matter if it does, cards these days have high heat ceilings.

Hope this works.

Also haters gonna hate, love Aiden. Nothin like stopping a mugging, beat the crap out of the criminal while stealing/hacking $2,000 from a guy that's right next to Aiden after I stop the mugger lol.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 CrownKingArthur

mr rainbow did you look at the max buffered frames? i think its under 'display' rather than 'graphics' settings.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Hope this works.

Also haters gonna hate, love Aiden. Nothin like stopping a mugging, beat the crap out of the criminal while stealing/hacking $2,000 from a guy that's right next to Aiden after I stop the mugger lol.

The moment I was let loose on the street I had him steal $500 from an HIV positive man, I wish I could take my baton out and just whack people like crazy.

It's not like it really matters tho, in ubisofts chicago everyone is pretty well off, even if they look like they're homeless.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#226 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

It's just fun to walk around in the world and profile people and stop the occasional crime--although I get spotted half the time

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ReadingRainbow4

@CrownKingArthur said:

mr rainbow did you look at the max buffered frames? i think its under 'display' rather than 'graphics' settings.

I'm gonna check that out after I give pagefile fix a go, however I heard it added input lag :(

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

I'm gonna check that out after I give pagefile fix a go, however I heard it added input lag :(

i would suspect that more buffered frames would increase lag. anyway i thought i'd suggest it because it helped reduce stuttering for another dude.

edit: just to be clear, keeping max buffered frames at 1, which should be the lowest value

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Liking the game so far (about 3 hours). It's definitely better than expected and doing missions full sneak mode is awesome.

I hate the driving in the game though, it's feels floaty and arcadey. I don't feel connected to the car or anything.

Visuals are fantastic.... at times. Night time with rain or stormy weather in general looks magnificent but daytime lighting is flat and bland to look at. Texture work and pops ins are inconsistent too and I'm playing it absolutely maxed

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

That pagefile trick worked, there's still some stutter but it's nowhere near as bad.

I actually like the driving in this game more than gta 5, cars actually feel different somewhat.

Like the sports cars, holy shit those things can move, throwing on the e brake while rounding a corner is so satisfying. I also appreciate how they can take a beating and don't blow up right away. I went on a total rampage running over every person I saw.

Kind of easy to outrun the cops tho, although maybe I'm just a beast at driving.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

That pagefile trick worked, there's still some stutter but it's nowhere near as bad.

I actually like the driving in this game more than gta 5, cars actually feel different somewhat.

Like the sports cars, holy shit those things can move, throwing on the e brake while rounding a corner is so satisfying. I also appreciate how they can take a beating and don't blow up right away. I went on a total rampage running over every person I saw.

Kind of easy to outrun the cops tho, although maybe I'm just a beast at driving.

The LOD distance is really kind of a bummer tho, Building will load their textures fairly close to where you are, cars will spawn out of nowhere while you're driving.

The graphics are a total mixed bag, playing on high with HBAO+ you get instanced where it's just nothing but grey and shitty textures, to some really good textures and instances where everything clicks like when you are near water, or when reflections are bouncing off vehicles, the depth of field is doing it's job and the weather is blowing tree's around and it's raining and is very atmospheric.

I almost wish they would have done what infamous did with it's weather, make it situational and fit the mood rather than random, maybe missions do that tho, I'm still very early in.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

The LOD distance is really kind of a bummer tho, Building will load their textures fairly close to where you are, cars will spawn out of nowhere while you're driving.

The graphics are a total mixed bag, playing on high with HBAO+ you get instanced where it's just nothing but grey and shitty textures, to some really good textures and instances where everything clicks like when you are near water, or when reflections are bouncing off vehicles, the depth of field is doing it's job and the weather is blowing tree's around and it's raining and is very atmospheric.

I almost wish they would have done what infamous did with it's weather, make it situational and fit the mood rather than random, maybe missions do that tho, I'm still very early in.

:P

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

One thing that's bugging me, is how npc's react to what's happening.

For example when you flick the stop lights from red to green It's like a magnet goes off and draws any car in the area to vicinity. I know damn well you had time to stop yet you still rear ended that guy.

Then they get out of their cars, perfectly healthy and start screaming "No,no,no! I don't want to die!"

Idk, I wish they would exchange insurance information or something more realistic, maybe some of them could even be hit and run drivers and keep going.

also, I ran past a bus stop with a woman inside on her phone, another dude just sitting there *mind you this is seethrough plexi glass I imagine* and there's this black dude straight up pissing on the side of the bus stop, you would think someone would kick his ass for indecent exposure.

What the **** ubisoft.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Ballroompirate

Freaking love this game (can run this game on high, but it stutters like mad so had to turn the settings to medium)

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

Freaking love this game (can run this game on high, but it stutters like mad so had to turn the settings to medium)

You bastard you just ruined the dream :(, I hope we can both run this on high without stutter soon through some patches.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4: Game looks pretty good on high, I mean it's nothing to brag about (ok a little). The crappy thing is that damn stuttering while driving is insane, specially if you're getting chased by the cops.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

Look good don't it.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#238  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

If they'd gone with this one , the sales would've been much better ! :D!

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By mjorh

@kipsta77 said:

Look good don't it.

Looks stunning !

You take pics by Fraps software? there seems no quality drop in this shots...

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#240 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Game is a complete flop, its been hyped for seems like nonstop every day for the past 2 years and it scores a blurry 8.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By kipsta77

@mjorh Lol. I took the screenshots using Steam, so they are compressed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#242 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@kipsta77 said:

what settings?

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 kipsta77

@lostrib said:

@kipsta77 said:

what settings?

Ultra. HBAO+ High.

Don't set the max GPU buffered frames past 3, keep it at 1 or 2.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By mjorh

@kipsta77 said:

@lostrib said:

@kipsta77 said:

what settings?

Ultra. HBAO+ High.

Don't set the max GPU buffered frames past 3, keep it at 1 or 2.

It's on 5 for me...just for decreasing the goddamn stutter!

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

Games working as intended guys.

A shot I took just after finding "badboi's" true identity, both aiden and her model completely disappeared leaving only my gun, people with floating heads and arms followed.

Naturally I killed everyone. What followed was floating cars.

yup.

Also the npc ai out of combat is just dumb as shit, They literally willingly drove to their slaughter not once trying to get away or drive the other direction, almost no reactions at all to my rampage.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

The random shit in this game is getting a bit much now... see text conversation below

Also graphic wise it really is a POS on PS4. Some pop in and every texture looks like ass until you get within 10 feet of it. Not as good as ACIV and about half as good as InFamous:SS.

It's fun to play though which I suppose is the point. Spent 3 hours just stealing money from random strangers and messing with traffic lights so I've only completed the opening mission.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By kipsta77

Some more shots. I still can't get over how good this game looks!

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

So at first I really thought the main character was sort of bland--the definition of bland--dress him in current trends/etc. However, part of this generic aspect also gives the game this old-school rpg kind of feel, where parts of the main hero were left characterless on purpose so the player could fill those roles.

...yes an editor would have been idea, but then you've got to factor in voice overs, etc.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#250  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Some screenshots. :)