The Watch Dogs Hype Thread of 8.0 Goodness (Hype Met)

#151 Posted by Ghost120x (3799 posts) -

After seeing the footage in various video reviews I'm gonna have to go with a pass. I'm just bored of ubi games and attacking enemy bases full of dumb ai littered all over a big map. I haven't even finished AC 4 yet. I'll just wait for far cry 4 and maybe I'll get that craving again.

#152 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17473 posts) -

@GreySeal9 said:

Game looks hella boring.

Eh maybe not hella boring .

But straight up uninspired and average? definitely.

Repetitive missions. Drive to guy. Get mission. Drive to mission.

Umm can't we move PASSED this boring ass structure? Seriously. No thanks and no thanks. Even GTA V managed to side step this to some degree and I got tired of THAT game before I finished it.

#153 Posted by mems_1224 (46963 posts) -

Man, this game is raping my graphics card. I really need to upgrade :(

#154 Edited by jessejay420 (3773 posts) -

8, what a flop considering the hype and dev time.

except its not a Flop.

hype met =/= Flop

#155 Posted by jessejay420 (3773 posts) -

Played a good 2 hours so far, seriously love the amount of hacking mayhem you can cause.

i envy you

#156 Posted by Heil68 (43964 posts) -

Should have my PS4 copy in the mail today. :D

#157 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -

If this was called gta6 you'd see a 9 everywhere. Anyways have plenty of games to play so this will have to wait.

#158 Posted by B4X (4269 posts) -

@b4x said:

7.0... If there isn't a day one patch to fix the horrible bugs that I have seen floating around the net.

If they patch it then an 8.0.

Was there a day one patch?

#159 Posted by jg4xchamp (47870 posts) -

what are you rocking?

#160 Posted by mems_1224 (46963 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

what are you rocking?

gtx570

Had to put the settings on medium and then set the textures and detail to high. runs at a stable 30fps now and looks decent.

#161 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

If this was called gta6 you'd see a 9 everywhere. Anyways have plenty of games to play so this will have to wait.

You're making it sound as if this game isn't getting a pass because of the hype machine.

#162 Edited by hoosier7 (3784 posts) -

@b4x: I've had a 90mb download so yeh, hopefully it sorts some of that stuff.

Anyway i always forget just how awesome the PS4 is with installs. Only waiting i did was the game loading the world.

#163 Posted by B4X (4269 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@b4x: I've had a 90mb download so yeh, hopefully it sorts some of that stuff.

kthx. Then my 8 is justified if it addresses those bugs.

#164 Posted by mjorh (740 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

what are you rocking?

gtx570

Had to put the settings on medium and then set the textures and detail to high. runs at a stable 30fps now and looks decent.

You sure? i'm runnin' it on high with 560TI and Level of Details on ultra , textures on high. Vsync on and AA off. 30fps.

#165 Edited by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

Good review. It looks pretty solid, so I'll give it a play through down the road.

#166 Edited by hoosier7 (3784 posts) -

Is there a way to buy cars? I skipped the little snippet of info on it and can't work out how now. :/

#167 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13821 posts) -

This still feels like a flop to me, eh.

This game was massively hyped.

#168 Posted by Liquid_ (2578 posts) -

The fact that kevin gave it an 8 just shows its a good game. Pretty sure thats as high as his rating scale goes.

basically the game got a 10.

L8r h8rs

#169 Edited by Blabadon (26150 posts) -

Got the game, now to put it on eBay.

#170 Edited by KiZZo1 (3965 posts) -

What a huge fail, considering the hype. Yeah, I smelled a rat, when they kept the embargo for so long ... but Ubi is not getting my money this time ...

#171 Edited by Ballroompirate (22772 posts) -

This game is pushing my 760

#172 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13821 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@mems_1224 said:

It eats up Vram for no fucking reason.

It's hilarious to watch the gaf PC thread to see how many people are locking it at 30 with powerful systems, lol.

#173 Edited by Ballroompirate (22772 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@mems_1224 said:

I have 2GB of VRAM and the game is just going HAM on my 760, it's expected though cause this game does look pretty amazing 50% of the time while the other 50% is watered down.

#174 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13821 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@mems_1224 said:

I have 2GB of VRAM and the game is just going HAM on my 760, it's expected though cause this game does look pretty amazing 50% of the time while the other 50% is watered down.

Yeah for every good looking part, there's something that just looks awful/ could have been in gta 4.

Consistency is definitely not watchdogs strong suit.

this can't be how the end result should play, I'm expecting a patch to smooth this out.

#175 Edited by Ballroompirate (22772 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@mems_1224 said:

Yeah for every good looking part, there's something that just looks awful/ could have been in gta 4.

Eh I wouldn't go that low, GTA 4 and the Saints games are probably one of the worst looking open world/sand box games out there the last few years.

#176 Posted by KBFloYd (13427 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

except its not a Flop.

hype met =/= Flop

hype threads are irrelevant now...

if its not 9.0 and its a big game then it flop...period.

#177 Posted by lostrib (35817 posts) -

I was having stuttering issues until i added the -disablepagefilecheck to the shortcut. Still need to tweak the settings in game

#178 Posted by silversix_ (14283 posts) -

Haven't you heard? Ubisoft are the #1 at optimizing

#179 Posted by TwistedShade (3164 posts) -

How are people's console experiences going? I've heard Uplay is failing to the max and I'm wondering how it works out on consoles.

#180 Edited by handssss (1834 posts) -

How are people's console experiences going? I've heard Uplay is failing to the max and I'm wondering how it works out on consoles.

before i even started the game, i logged on to it in the ps4 uplay store and used points i obtained from the last uplay game I played to buy some extra rewards. no errors.

#181 Edited by uninspiredcup (8304 posts) -

Graphics very good. Looks considerably better than Second Son.

Fuss over nothing.

#182 Edited by Heirren (16851 posts) -

Just got it in the mail. I won't get into the game till later in the day but I started it up just to see a bit of it. Visually it is really good. Why are people complaining?

#183 Edited by Martin_G_N (1707 posts) -

This is a game that I must play a bit more than the two hours I have played it to try and see if it will grow on me. But for now, I am really disappointed with the driving, and police chases, which is really bad compared to GTA 5. They didn't really put any weight on that in the review which was a bit weird, since it is a big part of games like this.

It's a bit like LA Noir, the devs are prioritizing so much other stuff, that they neglecting some of the most basic and important functions in open world games.

But the city in Watch Dogs does at least feel alive, which I didn't expect them to achieve.

#184 Posted by jessejay420 (3773 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@jessejay420 said:

@nutcrackr said:

except its not a Flop.

hype met =/= Flop

hype threads are irrelevant now...

if its not 9.0 and its a big game then it flop...period.

what sorcery is this?

#185 Posted by freedomfreak (40004 posts) -

All of you playing Watch Dogs. Assholes.

Not a single soul playing Journey. I have to do this shit alone!!

#186 Edited by Ballroompirate (22772 posts) -

All of you playing Watch Dogs. Assholes.

Not a single soul playing Journey. I have to do this shit alone!!

#187 Posted by musicalmac (22971 posts) -

Looking forward to a Steam sale. A really, really big discounted sale.

#188 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2144 posts) -

Great score, have been watching gameplay videos and I like what I see. Will probably pick it up with my next paycheck :)

#189 Edited by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

Gonna grab it in a few days on the PS4. Way too much work ATM to put in any time.

#190 Edited by getyeryayasout (7359 posts) -

If you stop into a gunshop and hack the fish above the door it raps at you, and it is chock full of F-bombs. Pretty funny.

#191 Posted by iwasgood2u (775 posts) -

I got it today and am enjoying it. If you a computer geek and love to spy hack through lens then this game will hit you in the right spot. For others expecting another coming of christ .... sorry its just plain fun game and for those who loves gta and want to continue playing these type of games. As for me I do wanna continue but in a badass way of hacking. Graphics in this game is average but isnt taking away the fun though.

#192 Posted by mjorh (740 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I was having stuttering issues until i added the -disablepagefilecheck to the shortcut. Still need to tweak the settings in game

Added what?

#193 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Got the game, now to put it on eBay.

That's how you game the system. lol

#194 Edited by Ballroompirate (22772 posts) -

Game is soooo fun, seriously nothin like getting chased by cops just to frak with the lights and cause a 5 car pile up. My only issue so far is the stuttering while driving, other than that having a blast with this game.

#195 Edited by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

Game is soooo fun, seriously nothin like getting chased by cops just to frak with the lights and cause a 5 car pile up. My only issue so far is the stuttering while driving, other than that having a blast with this game.

How's the melee combat?

Is it like AC or entirely different.

#196 Posted by Ballroompirate (22772 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Ballroompirate said:

How's the melee combat?

It's the usual press button (in this case B since I use a 360 controller for my PC) and Aiden does a take down, the animation is a lot more fluid so far than anything in Assassins Creed.

#197 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Ballroompirate said:

How's the melee combat?

It's the usual press button (in this case B since I use a 360 controller for my PC) and Aiden does a take down, the animation is a lot more fluid so far than anything in Assassins Creed.

So it's like AC where you have to counter?

I'm okay with this if that's the case. GTA4 combat was horrible.

#198 Posted by silversix_ (14283 posts) -

So how are Xbone graphics? Surpassed 360/ps3 version or not yet?

#199 Edited by Ballroompirate (22772 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@ladyblue said:

@Ballroompirate said:

How's the melee combat?

So it's like AC where you have to counter?

I'm okay with this if that's the case. GTA4 combat was horrible.

I haven't tried to straight up melee someone, just have done the typical stealth take downs or if I'm about to get caught I quickly melee them to take them out.

#200 Edited by uninspiredcup (8304 posts) -

Having played it for a few hours now, it's safe to say it's an unoptimized piece of shit.

Graphics are fine, performance is horrendous.