The WarZ Hype Thread(GS review- 2.0)

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jebus213 (8720 posts) -
Sergey Titov- "There's no such thing as "Release" for an online game." Interview: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsg3EsMJLw  Developer: Hammerpoint Interactive Genre: Survival Horror MMO Payment Model: Buy to play, Micro transactions Release Date: "There's no such thing as "Release" for an online game."  F.A.Q: http://thewarz.com/faq.html Who's Hammerpoint Interactive? Hammerpoint Interactive is a startup game development company formed in early 2011 by industry veterans with decades of combined game development experience. Prior to forming Hammerpoint, members of the team worked on titles, such as Call of Duty BlackOps and BlackOps2, Star Trek Online, League of Legends, World of Tanks, Guitar Hero, MechWarrior (yes the old ones) and more. The team is currently working on two games - one of them being The War Z and another that has not yet been announced. How are you guys making this game in only a year ? Well, we're not really developing from scratch. The design and idea for The War Z has been in place for a couple of years - we only just started developing the specific features for the game in the past year. Our team has decades of experience and we are utilizing technology that has been around for several years now and has proven itself in games with over 2 million online players worldwide. We're also relying on a mass of data collected by our friends at Online Warmongers while operating War Inc. Battle Zone. The War Z - is it an MMORPG or shooter? It's little of both and sort of neither of either ;) The War Z is first and foremost a "sandbox" survival game. We're creating an open world for players to live in, explore and ultimately create their own experience. There are no character levels or unrealistic stats, skills or abilities to learn and new players just joining the game will be on almost the same level playing field as a player that has been playing for a month. Do you have storyline or quests in a game? There is a back story to the game, but as far as there being a storyline that players need to follow within the game - the answer is no. The gameplay is designed to be open world sandbox so that players really have the opportunity to create their own, unique experience. We don't define any quests that you have to complete in order to obtain items in the game. However, players will be able to create their own quests and missions for other players and then post rewards for completing those missions. Once again - we just provide the tools and the players create the experience. What are system requirements? If your computer has at least 2GB of RAM, has video card that supports Shader Model 3.0 - then you should be able to play The War Z.
#2 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Developer of Big Rigs sees the success of the ARMA II mod DayZ.

Rushes to create a game that features the letter Z in it. Releases The WarZ to make a ton of money.

People infatuated with hype refuse to pay attention to the fact that this dude created one of the worst games of all time by trying to cash in on the success of people that actually care about games.

WHAT COULD GO WRONG, AMIRITE?

#3 Posted by Arach666 (23018 posts) -
S***,Titov is involved in this turkey? That explains a lot...
#4 Posted by super600 (30166 posts) -

I don't think a lot of people will be buying this game after what I heard.

#5 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

I don't think a lot of people will be buying this game after what I heard.

super600

This^ the amount of Insanity surrounding this game is nuts. Probably the worst Money Grabbing Scam I have seen in a long time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504534

I HIGHLY suggest people give it a read or perhaps watch TB's Reaction Video to this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

#6 Posted by PannicAtack (20975 posts) -

9FFF9FEB91562090C7712E6C2653470014B7E92D

Nice reflections.

#7 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10239 posts) -
Definitely AAAA, because fvck yeah
#8 Posted by kozzy1234 (35145 posts) -

Worst PC game ive played in 20+ years, no joke.

#9 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -
#10 Posted by Kendog87 (1111 posts) -
#11 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -
#12 Posted by sailor232 (4365 posts) -

kozzy1234

Agreed. This game is utter rubbish.

#13 Posted by super600 (30166 posts) -

:lol::lol:

WGOTD

http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/38140191059/war-z-bans-randomly

You get banned for picking up ingame items.

#14 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

So much damage control by the devs and fanboys, it's hilarious.

#15 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

kozzy1234

I'm hoping you accidentally fell on the "Purchase" button.

#16 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
almost everyone on my friends list had this game on there "wishlist" the minute it came out..the second all the news about it being a scam broke out i noticed it was quickly removed from everyone's wishlist. lol, i found that funny.
#17 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24655 posts) -

Vari3ty

It's bad that the Developers are trying so hard to keep the truth about this game from spreading, they're Big Brothering it on Forums.

#18 Posted by GhoX (4687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

LegatoSkyheart

It's bad that the Developers are trying so hard to keep the truth about this game from spreading, they're Big Brothering it on Forums.

I bet they are going to try to get youtube to take down all the videos talking badly about the game.
#19 Posted by Jebus213 (8720 posts) -
#20 Posted by Totalgym9000 (1455 posts) -
Is the game really that bad? I luv the concept was hoping the game was good :(
#21 Posted by airshocker (28865 posts) -

Honestly, if GameSpot even wastes it's time reviewing this tripe, I'm going to laugh.

What I fully expect to see in their review is a single paragraph, with a 1 in the scorecard.

If it's anything more I'm going to sh*t myself.

#22 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -
The unfolding ongoings with this is genuinely blowing my mind.
#23 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -
almost everyone on my friends list had this game on there "wishlist" the minute it came out..the second all the news about it being a scam broke out i noticed it was quickly removed from everyone's wishlist. lol, i found that funny.LP4EVA2005
That's exactly what I did lol
#24 Posted by super600 (30166 posts) -

The unfolding ongoings with this is genuinely blowing my mind.McStrongfast

I'm laughing at how the devs are trying to hide the truth about the game.

#25 Posted by GamingVengeance (1840 posts) -
Lol victor Lucas bought it
#26 Posted by Peredith (2305 posts) -

Is the game really that bad? I luv the concept was hoping the game was good :(Totalgym9000

It's made by the same guy who made Big Rigs

#27 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Came across this on reddit. Apparently the devs wanted to add some more fuel to the fire.

"WarZ Devs have reportedly just released a patch which proves their quick money-grabbing and game-breaking schemes. After changing the description of their game due to TotalHailbut calling them out on false advertising, they have now updated the game with a new patch.

Steam users are reporting the following: "... They actually increased the respawn-timer from 1 hour to 4 hours. BUT they added a revive button, where you can spend 50GC (real money) to revive them instantly." Additionally, they are now forcing you to sign the TOS to play the game, which includes disallowing refunds. This is against the law.

AGAINST LAW:http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/cases/redress.shtml

UPDATE: I was just banned for spreading the truth. WarZ devs now have control of the forum on steam and are banning/covering up the truth. Proof:http://puu.sh/1CvE4"

The behavior by the devs is appalling. I hope someone sues their asses.

#28 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

Well according to the devs 40% off the people playing it think its perfect so I'm going with AAAA. It's a safe bet;)

edit: here is the quote:

As of right now over 93% of our customers like the game, with over 40% saying it's perfect and around 50% saying it's good, but they'd like to see more polishing and features. Yet, 4% don't like the game and decided not to play it, and 3% hate the game

#29 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

When a brit trashes a game, you know it's going to be crap.

#30 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Well according to the devs 40% off the people playing it think its perfect so I'm going with AAAA. It's a safe bet;)

edit: here is the quote:

As of right now over 93% of our customers like the game, with over 40% saying it's perfect and around 50% saying it's good, but they'd like to see more polishing and features. Yet, 4% don't like the game and decided not to play it, and 3% hate the gameR4gn4r0k

:lol: What?

#31 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

Rockman999

Cuz brits have no taste in games ?

6534-rareware.jpg

free%20radical.jpg

The_creative_assembly-logo.png

and many more

#32 Posted by Jebus213 (8720 posts) -
Is the game really that bad? I luv the concept was hoping the game was good :(Totalgym9000
Just wait for DayZ standalone.
#33 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

Honestly, if GameSpot even wastes it's time reviewing this tripe, I'm going to laugh.

What I fully expect to see in their review is a single paragraph, with a 1 in the scorecard.

If it's anything more I'm going to sh*t myself.

airshocker

Gamespy said that despite all the cockamamie spouted by the developer in their interview with him, they're going to be reviewing the game based on its own merits (or lack thereof), not the crazy bozos responsible for it. Suppose that's fair enough in a way, but I feel since they're also the ones responsible for supporting and updating the game, that makes it somewhat relevant to bring up what a bunch of dishonest, hateful ripoff artists they are.

Honestly, if I see a positive review of this thing then that person is clearly not worth listening to and I'll blacklist you. There's just no way to redeem all this.

#34 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -
#35 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

I've heard terrible things about this game.

#36 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -
Only on PC.
#37 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

Only on PC.freedomfreak

consoles can't handle this game:P

zombie-mmo-games-warz-alpha-screenshot-3

look at those graphics :shock:

#38 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -
#39 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Only on PC.R4gn4r0k

consoles can't handle this game:P

zombie-mmo-games-warz-alpha-screenshot-3

look at those graphics :shock:

God, it looks so cheap :x
#40 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

God, it looks so cheap :xfreedomfreak

Zero effort put into this, it's just a resking of War Inc just so it could ride on the succes of DayZ. Absolute disgrace this.

There are many mods and freeware games where there is more effort put into. This kind of shady practices really puts a shadow over steam as well.

#41 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]God, it looks so cheap :xR4gn4r0k

Zero effort put into this, it's just a resking of War Inc just so it could ride on the succes of DayZ. Absolute disgrace this.

There are many mods and freeware games where there is more effort put into. This kind of shady practices really puts a shadow over steam as well.

Yeah, the game scores high on the "shady practices" board. And the damage control from the developer makes it even worse. It's downright ridiculous. Do.Not.Want.
#42 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

thewarzdriving.jpg

You cant even drive, and that hand looks Xian Mei's from Dead Island :lol:

#43 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]God, it looks so cheap :xfreedomfreak

Yeah, the game scores high on the "shady practices" board. And the damage control from the developer makes it even worse. It's downright ridiculous. Do.Not.Want.

I think you're confusing damage control with damage infliction. Sergey Titov gives no s***. The man is a PR disaster.

Speaking of.
t6F9c.jpg

#44 Posted by dommeus (9194 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

R4gn4r0k

Cuz brits have no taste in games ?

6534-rareware.jpg

free%20radical.jpg

The_creative_assembly-logo.png

and many more

Rocksteady, Rockstar North, Crterion, Lionhead, Ruffian, Eidos, Codemasters, Ninja Theory, Sports Interactive, Studio Liverpool, Media Molecule etc
#45 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

9FFF9FEB91562090C7712E6C2653470014B7E92D

Nice reflections.

PannicAtack

How does that happen :lol:

#46 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

How does that happen :lol:

Clock-w0rk

By half-assing everything you do I guess.

I saw that in the gameplay of TB as well: he was walking next to the river with a flashlight in his hand and the flashlight was reflected in the water... it looked really weird.:?

#47 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
4-5. TB hates the sh1t out of the game.
#48 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

4-5. TB hates the sh1t out of the game. Badosh

With reason.

#49 Posted by Animal-Mother (26423 posts) -

I've played it. It's fun for what it is. Luckily i've never run into many cheaters. But the granola wars during beta were absolutely insane.

#50 Posted by Fizzman (9869 posts) -
The guy made a semi truck racing game. He has no clue what he is talking about or how to make a good game.