The Walking Dead: Season 2 | Reveal Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Slashkice (12839 posts) -

The Walking Dead: Season Two continues the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse. Left to fend for herself, she has been forced to learn how to survive in a world gone mad.

Many months have passed since the events seen in Season One of The Walking Dead, and Clementine is searching for safety. But what can an ordinary child do to stay alive when the living can be just as bad – and sometimes worse – than the dead?

As Clementine, you will be tested by situations and dilemmas that will test your morals and your instinct for survival. Your decisions and actions will change the story around you, in this sequel to 2012’s Game of the Year.

Confirmed platforms: PC, MAC, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, and iOS. Additional platforms to be announced later.

Welp, I'm hyped. I like that they're continuing with Clem.

Looking forward to the second season, System Wars?

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (52562 posts) -

I still have to play the first season. It's sitting on my Vita, I'll probably get to it after finishing Persona 4 Golden

#3 Edited by Animal-Mother (25004 posts) -

Do Want.

#4 Posted by Krelian-co (9076 posts) -

loved the first season, second season cant come soon enough. I was really hoping they would continue her story too.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (36390 posts) -

Awesome. Definite buy.

#6 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Is this 1080p locked at 60FPS? Games are only playable using those specifications.

#7 Posted by Telekill (3936 posts) -

I'll be getting this for my PSV as I have season one for my PSV.

Anyone know if it will release in downloadable episodes as usual with TellTale? Will I have to wait to get a physical copy?

#8 Posted by finalstar2007 (24147 posts) -

But i thought people dont like interactive experiences that has no teh gameplay? :o... whats going on!?

Personally i love interactive experiences and im very excited and will be getting this for the my Vita.

#9 Posted by FinalFighters (1245 posts) -

i LOVED season one so this is a definite day one purchase

#10 Posted by mems_1224 (44740 posts) -

NIce, the first season was awesome and one of the few games that left me speechless at times

#11 Edited by finalfantasy94 (25802 posts) -

I personally find the show so boring. The game however is a different story its awesome. I need to replay season 1 since all my data was deleted.

#12 Posted by lazerface216 (7414 posts) -

NIce, the first season was awesome and one of the few movies that left me speechless at times

fixed.

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14459 posts) -

Loved season one. Still have to play 400 days though.

@Telekill said:

I'll be getting this for my PSV as I have season one for my PSV.

Anyone know if it will release in downloadable episodes as usual with TellTale? Will I have to wait to get a physical copy?

Yes, just like every Telltale game, this one will be released episode by episode. You'll have to wait before the full game is released.

#14 Posted by finalfantasy94 (25802 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

NIce, the first season was awesome and one of the few movies that left me speechless at times

fixed.

so im guessing all adventure games are movies then right.

#15 Posted by PhazonBlazer (10964 posts) -

Coming soon?! :O

Like how soon? I need to know these things!

#16 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (15941 posts) -

I look forward to season two, but that trailer sucked ass.

#17 Posted by lonewolf604 (8446 posts) -

I waited a whole day just for that....

#18 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

But i thought people dont like interactive experiences that has no teh gameplay? :o... whats going on!?

Personally i love interactive experiences and im very excited and will be getting this for the my Vita.

The "interactive experience" quality is measured by how good the writing... if it's good, then the experience is worthwhile. For the most part, TWD was pretty well written. Also, it goes without saying the same doesn't apply to David Cage "games."

Looking forward to TWD2, though I won't be pre-ordering. Again, I'll wait until all episodes are released.

#19 Edited by heretrix (36976 posts) -

Telltale is on a roll. I'm playing The Wolf Among Us and it's pretty decent...

#20 Posted by PannicAtack (20626 posts) -

I hope it's good. Loved the first season, 400 Days was good but... not as good. Fingers crossed.

#21 Edited by Ballroompirate (20494 posts) -

Coming soon?! :O

Like how soon? I need to know these things!

Yea the TC forgot to add that information

Taken from the IGN article

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/clementine-confirmed-as-playable-in-the-walking-dead-season-2

"As expected, Telltale has revealed the first concrete details about The Walking Dead: The Game’s second season. Season two will be released “later this year” on PC/Mac, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and iOS"

So basically they are going for later this year, if that's true then GG Telltale Games has their work cut out for them releasing Season 2 EP 1 of TWD and EP 2 of The Wolf Among Us by the end of the year.

#22 Posted by 35cent (826 posts) -

Looking forward to this. I thought the first one was amazing.

#23 Edited by Krelian-co (9076 posts) -

@danabo said:

Is this 1080p locked at 60FPS? Games are only playable using those specifications.

no there will be a peasant version for xbone 720p dont worry, if you are really lucky you might even get post processing effects.

#24 Posted by Big_Pecks (5105 posts) -

So I guess we'll be playing as Clementine. I wonder how far they'll go in the game over deaths for her.

#25 Edited by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

telltale games: showing david cage how its done

#26 Edited by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -
#27 Edited by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

@sonic1564: Beyond 2Souls is AAAE, TWD isnt .

lol at review scocres. Telltale games can make a good story. Meanwhile, cage cant write for crap and relies too much on ellen page

#28 Posted by nutcrackr (12145 posts) -

First series is good but they wrote themselves into a corner under the guise of constant drama. If they follow the same path in season 2, then I think people will not enjoy it as much.

#29 Posted by Minishdriveby (9564 posts) -

Well that revealed nothing.

#30 Edited by starjet905 (1837 posts) -

Got five episodes of S1 in one bundle sometime back, but I still haven't completed them. It got really boring by episode 4 after they got inside that boarded up house. Not that the previous episodes were very much better. I don't get the love for this, and this is coming from someone who loves story driven games. I actually liked the first episode of The Wolf Among Us much more than any of the episodes of The Walking Dead that I have played so far.

#31 Posted by lundy86_4 (41612 posts) -

Bring it! Finished S1 on the 360, and I got it again with my Vita... Time for another run-through.

#32 Edited by tubbyc (3608 posts) -

Looking forward to it. I played the first one on my phone, and then played on the PC for a short time when I couldn't get Episode 5 to finish downloading on my phone, but it did later not long after I started Episode 5 on PC. It made me realise that I preferred the touch screen for this game. Now that I've got a Vita, it should be good to play the new one on there with the much bigger screen and hopefully get better performance too.

#33 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (16697 posts) -

telltale games: showing david cage how its done

Totally. It makes me sad to think that there are people out there who actually think Cage is even a remotely good writer. Dude is such an awful writer that he should just be writing those terrible Sy-Fy original movies as those are more his level....

Totally looking forward to more Walking Dead though! Was such a pleasant surprise to see how amazing the first season turned out. Felt like the episodes got stronger and stronger as they went on too.

Getting to enjoy TWD both on TV and game form is always nice! Season 4 of the show has been damn good as well!

#34 Edited by DarkblueNinja (952 posts) -

Yes! been waiting for this Season 2 for a loooooong time now. I'm really happy that they choose to continue the story with Clementine. Really looking forward to this.

Spoiler:

I was surprise at the end of Season 1 because I thought I need to kill Clementine since the game make me be so close to her but later I found out that I'm the guy who got bit and need to let her be all alone with all the zombies around her. What gets into me is I don't know what is gonna happen to her when I'm gone. So I'm really happy to know that I can continue her story and see whats waiting her...

#35 Posted by nethernova (3959 posts) -

So she will be the main character? Meh, loved the first season but hated the girl and her annoying voice.

#36 Edited by blangenakker (1718 posts) -

can't wait :D

#37 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -

Not sure if I'll play this. The first season probably had the worst gameplay of any game I've ever played but the story was pretty good.

#38 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Getting this for sure.
Was kinda hoping they would continue with Clem's story.

#39 Posted by TheGuardian03 (20646 posts) -

do i have to buy the episode with five stories they released?

#40 Posted by biggest_loser (23900 posts) -

I'm worried about this. That first season was my GOTY and I just feel as though if they put out the same thing a lot of the gloss will be gone. That DLC was not good to say the least. It didn't work at all.