The Vita is still gonna dominate right?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZarbonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZarbonX
Member since 2010 • 356 Posts

Lets take a look at the competition

you got the 3DS/Iphone/androids

alright

the 3ds basically just n64 clones with some new skins

its got mario kart 64/mario 64/zelda 64 pretty much if there was n64 game its probably on 3ds

basically thats not new stuff to me ive beaten those games there not enhanced there better its the same game

so the 3ds pretty useless to me the 3d gave me a headache the exclusive games were bad and etc i dont want to go into it

horrible purchase horrible first day buy

on the other u got iphone/android, the games are bad, like i can only play puzzle games so much an crappy flash games for a buck i shouldn't have to pay fo rthem

so basically no its not even on the same level as the vita, and so what its phone its a music player yeah thats fine i can carry the vita

use it with skype and i dont even need to pay a phone company anything heres a good noe i dont have to my phone if i have vita cuz its has skype for free

yah think that one through folks

oh and guess what else the games are good

its got PS Network its got exclusive its got new games designed for it not n64 ones

folks tke another look at the vita plz this is gonna fail the tech is there its everything u want its better value than a iphone an 3ds

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I don't expect it to dominate, I expect it to be a great system nontheless, and quality wise it will dominate iphone/android it's not even a comparison. 3DS and Vita both look great.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I think it will do well. Not dominate though. But I could be wrong.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4737 Posts

Domination is not all that important. For me I just Hope Vita focuses on the Games not on the extras. All I want from my gaming handhelds is gaming.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

How can it dominate, when the only two games i want are better and HD on my PS3 ? (Ruin and Dragons Crown)

For now there are zero games i want on Vita, so is definatly not a buy for me

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if vita failed to sale half as much as psp did in 5 years.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
This is probably the only popular system where there aren't a great number of people who expect it to be #1 :/
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

alright

its got mario kart 64/mario 64/zelda 64 pretty much if there was n64 game its probably on 3ds

basically thats not new stuff to me ive beaten those games there not enhanced there better its the same game

so the 3ds pretty useless to me the 3d gave me a headache the exclusive games were bad and etc i dont want to go into it

on the other u got iphone/android, the games are bad, like i can only play puzzle games so much an crappy flash games for a buck i shouldn't have to pay fo rthem

so basically no its not even on the same level as the vita, and so what its phone its a music player yeah thats fine i can carry the vita

use it with skype and i dont even need to pay a phone company anything heres a good noe i dont have to my phone if i have vita cuz its has skype for free

its got PS Network its got exclusive its got new games designed for it not n64 ones

folks tke another look at the vita plz this is gonna fail the tech is there its everything u want its better value than a iphone an 3ds

ZarbonX
No, no, and no. Apparently you think two remakes represent the entire 3DS library of released and upcoming games. No, the Vita will not dominate the 3DS. It will not overcome the 12-15 million lead the 3DS will have by the time the Vita ships everywhere. The Vita will sell a measly 80k-150k in NPD for March, April, May, June 2012 just like the 3DS did because of that price tag. The 3DS is on track to hit NIntendo's estimated 16 million systems sold by the one year anniversary on March 27th, 2012. So no, there is no way the Vita will dominate anything. Will it be awesome in its own right? Of course. Could it eventually compete with the 3DS having as many, or more A/AA/AAA games? Sure. But the Vita can only hope to stop the bleeding as far as being outsold goes.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bonesawisready5
I wouldn't be surprised if vita failed to sale half as much as psp did in 5 years.MFDOOM1983
Everyone keeps talking about how smartphones are shrinking the market, and how the 3DS won't go on to sell another 150 million units (which I don't think it will either) But people forget that if that happens to the 3DS, its going to be double worse for the Vita. My worse case scenario predection for both handhelds, after 5 years. 3DS-75 Million, PSV-40 Million. That's just my worst case scenario. I do expect the 3DS to break the 100 million mark at some point. I mean, its gonna sell about 14-16 million units in its first year, and thats with it selling POORLY for FIVE months of the year.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bonesawisready5
This is probably the only popular system where there aren't a great number of people who expect it to be #1 :/Eponique
I wouldn't call it popular. You don't really see a whole lot of people talking about it outside of the internet, at least here in Texas/USA
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
They both have the potential to outsell their predecessors.
D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

PS3 does it better. So I'll stick with that.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"]This is probably the only popular system where there aren't a great number of people who expect it to be #1 :/bonesawisready5
I wouldn't call it popular. You don't really see a whole lot of people talking about it outside of the internet, at least here in Texas/USA

Well, I said popular so people don't start talking about the Gizmondo or Lynx or something.
backtowar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 backtowar
Member since 2011 • 289 Posts

alright

ZarbonX

I quote you after 3ds Xmas sales fool jajajajaja

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Eponique"]This is probably the only popular system where there aren't a great number of people who expect it to be #1 :/Eponique

Well, I said popular so people don't start talking about the Gizmondo or Lynx or something.

True, the Vita, as well as prostate exams, are both something people would enjoy a lot more than a Gizmondo.
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

D4W1L4H
i think vita does everything i wish the ps3 did makes me think the ps4 is gonna be a great system
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bonesawisready5

D4W1L4H
After being burned by having every PSP game I wanted ported to the PS2 or PS3, I'm sticking with this.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Like the PSP, I'm expecting it to garner a small niche market of devoted followers, then fade into obscurity. Not a loss for Sony, but no way in hell they are going to beat out Nintendo or Apps in sheer number sold. I may not like Sony, but the Vita will be a decent handheld.

minh800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 minh800
Member since 2011 • 1166 Posts

How can it dominate, when the only two games i want are better and HD on my PS3 ? (Ruin and Dragons Crown)

loosingENDS

lol. How are they better on the PS3?

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]

bonesawisready5
After being burned by having every PSP game I wanted ported to the PS2 or PS3, I'm sticking with this.

what do u mean by that
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Speaking of Vita, have you guys seem Gravity Rush? It looks insane.

minh800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 minh800
Member since 2011 • 1166 Posts

Speaking of Vita, have you guys seem Gravity Rush? It looks insane.

crimsonman1245

You mean this game? Looks more imaginative than most games I've seen.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]

bonesawisready5

Really what games did you want? Yes it got a lot of ports consoles did better, but the main issue was the controls i.e. the lack of inputs compared to consoles. Vita won't have that problem.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]

SaltyMeatballs

Really what games did you want? Yes it got a lot of ports consoles did better, but the main issue was the controls i.e. the lack of inputs compared to consoles. Vita won't have that problem.

Well 1. The Vita still doesn't have L2/R2, so shooters might be less intuitive than on consoles, I dunno 2. Both Syphon Filters, Secret Agent Clank, Ratchet Size Matters, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories were games I was interested in purchasing a PSP for, that later made their way to other consoles that I enjoyed playing in higher resolution my TV (excluding Peace Walker I don't have the HD collection yet but I will) Patience paid off for me. Otherwise, I wasn't really interested in any Japanese-centered IPs, Patapon/Loco Roco were neat but not enuff for me to keep me from selling my PSP in 2008
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]

coltgames

what do u mean by that

See my last post. I don't see what isn't explained already. A lot of games that would've made me buy a PSP got ported to the PS2 or PS3, since I have those consoles already there was no point in owning a PSP anymore since I preferred playing them with a second stick, and in 480p on my TV.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

minh800

lol. How are they better on the PS3?

I don't know about Ruin or Dragons Crown But being in 1080p on a 40+ inch HDTV, and the addition of L2/R2, you can see each have their advantages.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="coltgames"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] After being burned by having every PSP game I wanted ported to the PS2 or PS3, I'm sticking with this.

what do u mean by that

See my last post. I don't see what isn't explained already. A lot of games that would've made me buy a PSP got ported to the PS2 or PS3, since I have those consoles already there was no point in owning a PSP anymore since I preferred playing them with a second stick, and in 480p on my TV.

Some use their portables even though they have home consoles also.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] After being burned by having every PSP game I wanted ported to the PS2 or PS3, I'm sticking with this.bonesawisready5

Well 1. The Vita still doesn't have L2/R2, so shooters might be less intuitive than on consoles, I dunno 2. Both Syphon Filters, Secret Agent Clank, Ratchet Size Matters, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories were games I was interested in purchasing a PSP for, that later made their way to other consoles that I enjoyed playing in higher resolution my TV (excluding Peace Walker I don't have the HD collection yet but I will) Patience paid off for me. Otherwise, I wasn't really interested in any Japanese-centered IPs, Patapon/Loco Roco were neat but not enuff for me to keep me from selling my PSP in 2008

1. It has other things, such as the touch screen and back touch pads which you could just touch either side as R2/L2 for e.g, however for shooters they will just use R1 as we have already seen, and PS3 uses R1 for shooters as it is.

2. You have a point if those were the only games that interested you, I find it hard to believe no other games would interest you though.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Really what games did you want? Yes it got a lot of ports consoles did better, but the main issue was the controls i.e. the lack of inputs compared to consoles. Vita won't have that problem.SaltyMeatballs

1. It has other things, such as the touch screen and back touch pads which you could just touch either side as R2/L2 for e.g, however for shooters they will just use R1 as we have already seen, and PS3 uses R1 for shooters as it is.

2. You have a point if those were the only games that interested you, I find it hard to believe no other games would interest you though.

Those were the games that interested me, there were a few others but I'm not buying hardware for a handful of games I want. Why is that so strange that I'm interested in X games? If you're interested in shooters and sports games, and wanted a handheld for that, clearly a DS wouldn't be good for you as much as a PSP would have been. Every platform has its strengths and weaknesses. The PSP just didn't happen to keep a lot of the games I wanted only on it. I just don't have faith that Sony won't do the same thing with the PS3 and PS4 and port a lot of Vita games to those in the future. I mean, they're making it so easy to port PS3 content to the Vita it seems likely. They'll have to work to get my dollars back for their handhelds, I don't know how long it will take but I won't be fooled again. If the Vita got a bunch of unique, Vita exclusive content than I might be tempted, but as is I'm waiting a year or two to see when the other shoe drops, if it does at all. And I've never played a Vita so I wouldn't know for sure but tapping the back of the device to throw a grenade in Call of Duty sounds horrible, almost as bad as iOS controls. That's just me, and maybe that opinion will change when I try a Vita demo sometime after release. But as is, I don't think the lack of L2/R2 will be TOO big of an issue.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Well 1. The Vita still doesn't have L2/R2, so shooters might be less intuitive than on consoles, I dunno 2. Both Syphon Filters, Secret Agent Clank, Ratchet Size Matters, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories were games I was interested in purchasing a PSP for, that later made their way to other consoles that I enjoyed playing in higher resolution my TV (excluding Peace Walker I don't have the HD collection yet but I will) Patience paid off for me. Otherwise, I wasn't really interested in any Japanese-centered IPs, Patapon/Loco Roco were neat but not enuff for me to keep me from selling my PSP in 2008bonesawisready5

Those were the games that interested me, there were a few others but I'm not buying hardware for a handful of games I want. Why is that so strange that I'm interested in X games? If you're interested in shooters and sports games, and wanted a handheld for that, clearly a DS wouldn't be good for you as much as a PSP would have been. Every platform has its strengths and weaknesses. The PSP just didn't happen to keep a lot of the games I wanted only on it. I just don't have faith that Sony won't do the same thing with the PS3 and PS4 and port a lot of Vita games to those in the future. I mean, they're making it so easy to port PS3 content to the Vita it seems likely. They'll have to work to get my dollars back for their handhelds, I don't know how long it will take but I won't be fooled again. If the Vita got a bunch of unique, Vita exclusive content than I might be tempted, but as is I'm waiting a year or two to see when the other shoe drops, if it does at all. And I've never played a Vita so I wouldn't know for sure but tapping the back of the device to throw a grenade in Call of Duty sounds horrible, almost as bad as iOS controls. That's just me, and maybe that opinion will change when I try a Vita demo sometime after release. But as is, I don't think the lack of L2/R2 will be TOO big of an issue.

I have a DS. I had a PSP but it broke, had it not been broken I would have gotten games for it, just like had you not sold your PSP you could have gotten those other games which you said weren't worth buying the hardware for. I think you're over exaggerating about the back touch pad, what's so horrible about that concept? I'm not saying that's how they'll do things, I'm sure developers will come up with good controls; the device has a lot of inputs and ways to control things.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
just got my 3ds, love it, thought it was gonna suck. i have 0 interest in the vita because i have a psp i barely even touched since i got it and dont trust sony to support the vita.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Well 1. The Vita still doesn't have L2/R2, so shooters might be less intuitive than on consoles, I dunno 2. Both Syphon Filters, Secret Agent Clank, Ratchet Size Matters, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories were games I was interested in purchasing a PSP for, that later made their way to other consoles that I enjoyed playing in higher resolution my TV (excluding Peace Walker I don't have the HD collection yet but I will) Patience paid off for me. Otherwise, I wasn't really interested in any Japanese-centered IPs, Patapon/Loco Roco were neat but not enuff for me to keep me from selling my PSP in 2008bonesawisready5

I like the resistance way were you can use the touch feature for grenades
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bonesawisready5
Why? I've seen stuff like Dissidia, Parasitve Eve (3rd Bday) and I'm not interested. I'm sure they're terrific games. I'm sure if I did play them I could enjoy them a lot given the right circumstances. But overall, I don't really feel like playing a lot of the PSP games that I haven't already mentioned. I enjoyed remote playing Pixel Junk Monsters on my PSP though.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bonesawisready5
@p4s2p0 Like I said, it may turn out awesome I'm not going to 100% judge it yet even if it sounds weird to me ATM. I'll try it out at a store and see if its good/bad to tap the screen in replacement for the L2/R2. Could end up being fine.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

If you think Mario Kart 7 is just like Mario Kart 64 then you clearly haven't played it or even seen it.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Thanks for making it clear you know nothing about smartphone gaming. Also now that the price of the memory cards is out and everybody is pretty much in agreement that Sony is trying to rip us off. No I no longer thank the Vita is going to do all that good. At least not in its first year. This isn't any different than when Sony Lai.chef the PS3 at $600. They are going to learn the hard way twice in a raw that pieople will not pay high prices regardless of who is making it. Just look at the 3DS. Nintendo got a big head on their shoulder like Sony has. They ended up dropping the price a whole lot within the first year. Funny thing is, I called it. I knew they would. I will sit back and watch Sony stumble.............again. Then pick up a Vita once they got their head out their ass and start charging what the memory is actually worth. I think the Vita is worth the price. It is the memory that's going to screw its sells.

loosingENDS
Wait....Ruin is also coming to PS3? That was the game I was wanting most for Vita.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

alright

ZarbonX

weren't these the same arguments used against the original DS before the PSP came out?

"PSP does everything, it's got the graphics, nintendo only has old tired franchises" yadda yadda yadda

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

Neither handheld will replicate the success of the previous generation. Mobile gaming is eating too much of that pie.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Vita will come in second and even if it sells less than the Psp it will probably be more successful. (in terms of software sales).
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

Vita needs lots of JRPG support. No one really wants watered down Playstation franchises.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Vita needs lots of JRPG support. No one really wants watered down Playstation franchises.

TekkenMaster606

First of all why JRPGs? ... Their massive appeal will bring success right?
New IPs in red

PSP Top Selling games
1 ) Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (4.12 million in Japan) (Like the Ps2 game)
2 ) Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (3.1 million)
( Like the Ps2 game)
3 ) Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (2,725,507 approximately) ( Similar to console games )
4 ) Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (2.59 million approximately) (Spin off)
5 ) Gran Turismo (2.32 million) (similar to console game)
6 ) Daxter (2.3 million) (Spin off)
7 ) Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (2.3 million)[59] ( Like the Ps2 game)
8) Dissidia: Final Fantasy (1.81 million) (spin off
9 ) Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0 (1.32 million approximately) Port
10 ) Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (1.3 million approximately) Port

DS Top selling games

1) New Super Mario Bros. (26.88 million)(Similar to console games)
2) Nintendogs All versions (23.26 million) (New IP)
3) Mario Kart DS (21.04 million) (Similar to console games)
4) Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (18.72 million) (New IP)
5) Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (17.39 million)(Gameboy games)
6) Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day! (13.71 million)( Sequel)
7) Pokémon Black and White (12.87 million)(Gameboy games)
8)Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (11.90 million) (Gameboy games)
9) Animal Crossing: Wild World (10.79 million)(Similar to console games)
10) Super Mario 64 DS (9.65 million) (Remake)
JRPGs secure the fate of the system right?