The UK Has Fallen.........................to Sony territory

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Really? You got any proof of that, or are you yet again spouting your usual super-moo-cow bullshit?

Funny i already reply to this post and the post magically disappear hahahaa..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-7UV-00080-Xbox-One-Console/dp/B00BE4OUBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388772717&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one

There are xbox one on Amazon UK at normal price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ps4&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aps4

PS4 been sold by more than 100 pounds more than its original price and is not from amazon directly,more like a resale.

Look at the Killzone bundle not available until January 10

Knack Bundle no available until January 15.

There are no PS4 to sell there xbox one is there to sell in UK.

Once again UK retailer chain Game.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-console-263315?pageSize=20&searchTerm=xbox%20one

Xbox one in stock.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxCatalogSearch?storeId=10151&catalogId=10201&langId=44&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&predictiveSearchURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FAjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10201%26langId%3D44%26storeId%3D10151&searchTerm=ps4&searchBtn.x=0&searchBtn.y=0

PS4 out of stock....

So yeah the PS4 is selling faster the xbox one is not sold out the PS4 is,so imagine for how much sony would be winning if they had more units to sell,the PS4 has higher demand than the xbox one you silly lemming is time to move on and admit it..

What a bunch of bologna! The PS4 is being sold through Amazon - you can only get "available for Prime" if it is sold via Amazon (which, shows up on my screen).

Some - SOME - SKUs are sold out. You are then telling me "Sony is losing PS4 sales because the Killzone bundle - which saves you no money - isn't available right now".

What ever, man. LOL!

Dude there are non i linked to you amazon UK they have a few PS4 units and are been sold for 436 UK pounds which is more than 100 over the PS4 retail price the link is there and is not sold and shipped from AMZON like the xbox one is,bundles all sold out to.

Now look at the xbox one is available in fifa sku and stand alone console,in Game Uk as well PS4 all sold out,xbox one available to buy.

I just owned your sorry ass over with links not my opinion.

The PS4 is outselling the xbox one,and selling out every time it arrives,the xbox one is not period,and that is the reason why even with 1 week more of sales the xbox one trials the PS4 by 166K.

You didn't own shit. The first one is fulfilled by Amazon, and the second is being sold by Amazon. So, because MS is shipping to the UK (again), that proves the PS4 is the hotter commodity? Why don't you wake up and smell what you are shoveling?

I don't really care who is outselling who right now. We won't have a "one is beating the other" for at least 6 months. The console race is a marathon, not a sprint.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#152 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Are people seriously going to pretend 166K is actually an impressive number to be leading by?

Sure a lead is a lead but this is just embarrassing to cling to.

The Playstation 4 sold 45% more than the Xbox One, in a country that last generation was solidly in the Xbox 360 column. It's a significant lead.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I would agree on a scale of 6 months to a year 45% would be something to shout about but its just too early to be bowled over by stats like these.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@edwardecl said:

Just went into a Sainsbury's today and saw 5 Xbox Ones on the shelf... not a great sign is it. Also their website says they will dispatch within 1 day so not just one shop... and meanwhile PS4 nowhere to be found. Unless MS just dumped another load in the shops and nobody picked any up yet.

A piss poor manufacture/distribution network isnt something to celebrate.

Funny how sony has a piss poor manufacture distribution network yet sales show the PS4 selling faster,odd isn't.?

So without consoles the PS4 is selling more incredible theory...lol

@always_explicit said:

Are people seriously going to pretend 166K is actually an impressive number to be leading by?

Dude 166k even that the xbox one started a week earlier than the PS4 in UK,considering that you just claim that sony has a piss poor manufacture and distribution network how the fu** is that even possible...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Really? You got any proof of that, or are you yet again spouting your usual super-moo-cow bullshit?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-7UV-00080-Xbox-One-Console/dp/B00BE4OUBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388772717&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ps4&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aps4

PS4 been sold by more than 100 pounds more than its original price and is not from amazon directly,more like a resale.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-console-263315?pageSize=20&searchTerm=xbox%20one

Xbox one in stock.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxCatalogSearch?storeId=10151&catalogId=10201&langId=44&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&predictiveSearchURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FAjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10201%26langId%3D44%26storeId%3D10151&searchTerm=ps4&searchBtn.x=0&searchBtn.y=0

PS4 out of stock....

So yeah the PS4 is selling faster the xbox one is not sold out the PS4 is,so imagine for how much sony would be winning if they had more units to sell,the PS4 has higher demand than the xbox one you silly lemming is time to move on and admit it..

What a bunch of bologna! The PS4 is being sold through Amazon - you can only get "available for Prime" if it is sold via Amazon (which, shows up on my screen).

Some - SOME - SKUs are sold out. You are then telling me "Sony is losing PS4 sales because the Killzone bundle - which saves you no money - isn't available right now".

What ever, man. LOL!

Dude there are non i linked to you amazon UK they have a few PS4 units and are been sold for 436 UK pounds which is more than 100 over the PS4 retail price the link is there and is not sold and shipped from AMZON like the xbox one is,bundles all sold out to.

Now look at the xbox one is available in fifa sku and stand alone console,in Game Uk as well PS4 all sold out,xbox one available to buy.

The PS4 is outselling the xbox one,and selling out every time it arrives,the xbox one is not period,and that is the reason why even with 1 week more of sales the xbox one trials the PS4 by 166K.

You didn't own shit. The first one is fulfilled by Amazon, and the second is being sold by Amazon. So, because MS is shipping to the UK (again), that proves the PS4 is the hotter commodity? Why don't you wake up and smell what you are shoveling?

I don't really care who is outselling who right now. We won't have a "one is beating the other" for at least 6 months. The console race is a marathon, not a sprint.

It appear that there are...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ps4

Click on the link of the first one and see what happen...hahaha

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00BE4HOIM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1388785529&sr=8-1

Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.

lol....

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Xbox one in stock.

PS4 out of stock....

What ever, man. LOL!

It appear that there are...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ps4

Click on the link of the first one and see what happen...hahaha

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00BE4HOIM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1388785529&sr=8-1

Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.

lol....

Did IQs drop sharply during Christmas? I can order the first item on the site right now. The 2nd will be available in a week (it says "Available January 10th").

How does that contradict my comment???

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@tormentos said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

The Xbox didn't fail, MS used it to learn the market and financially force their way in, they never expected to defeat Sony with it. Playstation one won because of it's politics and business model. A cheap easy to develop for system with a cheap large storage device. They also marketed it properly to a much wider group of people and for the first time to a much higher age group. They saw what Nintendo and the others weren't exploiting and went for it.

The Wii wasn't against the rule, it was marketed well and manage to find a group of people who don't usually game and get them interested. They simply found a different demographic.

MS and Sony are going for the exact same demographic.

I said the advantage in 'terms of business' such a difference has never had a major impact before.

It pretty much is hype right now. With every other console before them, i've at least seen some evidence of potential in the launch games. I haven't seen any with the X1 and PS4. So far the graphical advantage of the PS4 is all talk to me. I'll believe the vast difference when I see it and i'll be happy to admit it when I do.

The xbox failed hard WTF MS even claimed that they could be Number 1 when they release the xbox,the whole excuse of exploring the market is a sh**ty ass excuse you don't blow 4 billions trying to explore markets you either compete or you don't MS compete with sony offer stronger hardware,HDD build in,and try to money hat every developer it could to beat sony and they fail miserably,the only reason why MS was able to stay ahead with the xbox 360 was price period,if the Ps4 would have been $400 even with the year head start they would have beat MS silly and probably now would be close to Nintendo wii numbers.

MS had a unit from $200 to $300 cheaper and still they end tied at the end of the generation,sony worse performance ever = MS one ever.

Of course they said that publicly when they release the console, it was PR. But in a retrospect interview when they were talking about way back when the they were going through the concept, they said they didn't expect to win anything. And if you are MS you do use your financial clout and influence.

Think about it logically, if they played nice, gentle and passive, they would be having Nintendo like problems all the time. It would have taken them at least 3 gens to get anywhere against the PS brand if they played it nice and gentle like Nintendo have been since the GameCube. They threw money at every one and everything with the Xbox.

The level of arrogance and stupidity would have been extraordinary, if a company comes in thinking they are going to beat a company who had Pepsi like brand power (Playstation) in the video games industry. Let's take away our SWs fanboy bias for a minute and just think about the business. MS isn't exactly bad at it, they didn't get where they were if they had been.

When you move into a market you analyse every inch of it and you look to see what you can do. No company in their right minds realistically would think they were going to come in and beat the PS2. They didn't even have all the developers on board, they still don't have Japan. When you go into a new market, you tell people what they need to hear, because they have to know you are confident in your product, because if you aren't, they won't trust it. At the same time, behind the scenes you have to be realistic.

So being realistic, what are you going to believe, the PR sales rhetoric or what was said in the retrospective interview.

Also, let's not compare the positions of Sony to MS and Sony to Nintendo during the brand launches, because the situation is apples and oranges. Playstation slaughtered Nintendo and created a huge market, going up against Nintendo was nothing, they were weak and not exploiting and growing the market. So why do you expect that Xbox could go up against a company that knows what they are doing like Playstation and have the same effect on them. It wasn't an up hill battle for Sony against Nintendo, but for someone going up against Playstation is like vertical mountain climbing.

Also don't give price too much importance. The CELL was the biggest problem for the PS3, it screwed development all gen slowing it right down, but in the beginning it was crucial. Price doesn't matter much, the PS2 cost more, they tried selling the Wii U for less. It was because the 360 was easy to port games over from the PC and everything had a solid two year development cycle. MS design their consoles like that for a reason, not because of the power, but because of the efficiency in development, it's better for business to design a console like that. Time is money, they need stuff done yesturday, they can't have games taking 4 years. Why do you think Sony made the PS4 as easy as possible to develop for. Because the PS3s design caused nothing but problems for them. When you're market leader, you can get away with that like they did with the PS2, but against real competition, it's like giving yourself a handicap.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 HalcyonScarlet

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Cows conveniently forget the first shitty 2 years of the PS3 when everyone jumped ship. Now suddenly it's a sprint and no longer a marathon.

The cows heads are in the clouds if they think the launch means anything at all. The PS3 proves no matter how shit any console seems at the beginning, it's more than possible to fight back. And the PS3 was in an even worse position than the X1.

If X360 couldnt decisevly win vs PS3/Sony with those major problems ... then theres not 1 in a million for X1 to beat PS4. If X360 couldnt do it with PS3... oh boy! Are you dreaming lems?!

Not the same, the PS3 came off of PS1 and 2s brand. The Xbox 360 was the first real chance for MS to build the brand, it barely had one before. They used the period of poor performance from Sony to establish themselves. I knew from the beginning of last gen it would end in a 50/50, it was unrealistic to think the Xbox 360 would win, it was more of an achievement of how close they came and the damage they did to an established brand like Playstation. But it was only possible because Sony messed up at the beginning. For which I specifically blame to problems the CELL brought.

MS don't actually have any severe long term issues with the X1. Their console is powerful enough and only slightly more complex to develop for than the PS4 because of the ESRAM.

The only short term issue is with the price and if anyone is going to bring it down sooner rather than later in order to compete it's going to be MS.

The only advantage the PS4 has realistically in business terms is the price and the early hype. Games won't be developed and released at a faster pace.

Xbox was the first chance for MS to build the brand and they failed. X360 established itself because of Sony mistakes and only that. Sony messed up big time with PS3 for too many reasons to mention. By your logic Playstation 1 shouldnt had won Nintendo/Sega because of...brand. If your product is solid and provides better things = winner ( the only console against that rule was Wii )

X1 is powerful but not as powerful as PS4 let alone costs100$ more. So the advantage of PS4 is not only the price or early hype. 1080p vs 720p is not hype , is reality. Early multiplatforms games that are based on tweaked last-gen engines favor PS4. What do you think will happen when 100% next-gen titles gonna release in the near future based on entirely next-gen engines? Which system will handle way better ?

PS4 will that is... IF we are so early in next-gen and PS4 already provides better resolutions/fps or both in many occasions .. Sorry bro thats not only hype.. Thats reality. So i dont get why you bypassing this fact and you think the only difference about PS4 and X1 is only price and hype... If we were talking about PS3 , yes was all about hype ..it didnt deliver.. PS4 on the other hand shows its teeth early on on same games.

And lets not talk about games please... Sony proved with every single playstation that youll be getting awesome exclusives and full support for many many years. Lets let games aside of hardware because wont even be fair for M$/Nintendo to be compared to Sony in that matter.

The Xbox didn't fail, MS used it to learn the market and financially force their way in, they never expected to defeat Sony with it. Playstation one won because of it's politics and business model. A cheap easy to develop for system with a cheap large storage device. They also marketed it properly to a much wider group of people and for the first time to a much higher age group. They saw what Nintendo and the others weren't exploiting and went for it.

The Wii wasn't against the rule, it was marketed well and manage to find a group of people who don't usually game and get them interested. They simply found a different demographic.

I said the advantage in 'terms of business' such a difference has never had a major impact before.

It pretty much is hype right now. With every other console before them, i've at least seen some evidence of potential in the launch games. I haven't seen any with the X1 and PS4. So far the graphical advantage of the PS4 is all talk to me. I'll believe the vast difference when I see it and i'll be happy to admit it when I do.

Im not entirely disagree but as it is now ... I would prefer a PS4 , saves me 100$ more and i can have better multiplatform quality on some big titles that are out/coming soon at least. Exclusive wise both havent anything interesting and thats why i wont buy any of them for the time being.

Though last gen PS3 did everything wrong and lost momentum this gen seems they did everything right. And if i consider the fact that sony keep supporting their consoles with awesome exclusives way more than any other company does for their products ( look PS3 titles in 2013 | Where is Wii/X360? ) ... This gen its pretty easy choice what is the best solution ( hardware wise ).

There is graphical advantage 1080p to 720p on major multiplatforms is a good indication where are the main differences between X1/PS4 hardware wise.. Why not to play X title at its best console graphical quality setting ? Thats another plus imho considering the lower price and the fact that Sony always delivers exclusive games wise. PS3 ended last , Sony on verge of death with over 7 billion losses and look how they supporting PS3 !! Thats insane imho.

Hey, that's cool that you're into PS4, nothing against that, i'm just saying lets not write off the X1 so early, that's mostly what my arguments are centred around these days. Going back to my original comment, I just said if the PS3 can come back from that launch, it proves it possible for any console, it doesn't mean I think X1 will win, but I think they can come back to a good position.

I don't think the companies give their sales competitiveness as the be all and end all. Both Nintendo and MS made a lot of money last gen. MS are happy with how last gen turned out in terms of business. I don't mean this offensively to the Sony fans, but lets say the PS3 beat the 360 in the end by a couple of million, do you think Sony are happy? I think it would be considered a very costly victory for Sony. I think they're more grateful they made it through rather than celebrating a sales victory.

I think the way SWs looks purely at sales can be a touch two dimensional, it doesn't always show the whole story. But I understand why they do it, because they use it as a form of measurement, which is fine for SWs I guess.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#159  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Cows conveniently forget the first shitty 2 years of the PS3 when everyone jumped ship. Now suddenly it's a sprint and no longer a marathon.

The cows heads are in the clouds if they think the launch means anything at all. The PS3 proves no matter how shit any console seems at the beginning, it's more than possible to fight back. And the PS3 was in an even worse position than the X1.

If X360 couldnt decisevly win vs PS3/Sony with those major problems ... then theres not 1 in a million for X1 to beat PS4. If X360 couldnt do it with PS3... oh boy! Are you dreaming lems?!

Not the same, the PS3 came off of PS1 and 2s brand. The Xbox 360 was the first real chance for MS to build the brand, it barely had one before. They used the period of poor performance from Sony to establish themselves. I knew from the beginning of last gen it would end in a 50/50, it was unrealistic to think the Xbox 360 would win, it was more of an achievement of how close they came and the damage they did to an established brand like Playstation. But it was only possible because Sony messed up at the beginning. For which I specifically blame to problems the CELL brought.

MS don't actually have any severe long term issues with the X1. Their console is powerful enough and only slightly more complex to develop for than the PS4 because of the ESRAM.

The only short term issue is with the price and if anyone is going to bring it down sooner rather than later in order to compete it's going to be MS.

The only advantage the PS4 has realistically in business terms is the price and the early hype. Games won't be developed and released at a faster pace.

Xbox was the first chance for MS to build the brand and they failed. X360 established itself because of Sony mistakes and only that. Sony messed up big time with PS3 for too many reasons to mention. By your logic Playstation 1 shouldnt had won Nintendo/Sega because of...brand. If your product is solid and provides better things = winner ( the only console against that rule was Wii )

X1 is powerful but not as powerful as PS4 let alone costs100$ more. So the advantage of PS4 is not only the price or early hype. 1080p vs 720p is not hype , is reality. Early multiplatforms games that are based on tweaked last-gen engines favor PS4. What do you think will happen when 100% next-gen titles gonna release in the near future based on entirely next-gen engines? Which system will handle way better ?

PS4 will that is... IF we are so early in next-gen and PS4 already provides better resolutions/fps or both in many occasions .. Sorry bro thats not only hype.. Thats reality. So i dont get why you bypassing this fact and you think the only difference about PS4 and X1 is only price and hype... If we were talking about PS3 , yes was all about hype ..it didnt deliver.. PS4 on the other hand shows its teeth early on on same games.

And lets not talk about games please... Sony proved with every single playstation that youll be getting awesome exclusives and full support for many many years. Lets let games aside of hardware because wont even be fair for M$/Nintendo to be compared to Sony in that matter.

Im not entirely disagree but as it is now ... I would prefer a PS4 , saves me 100$ more and i can have better multiplatform quality on some big titles that are out/coming soon at least. Exclusive wise both havent anything interesting and thats why i wont buy any of them for the time being.

Though last gen PS3 did everything wrong and lost momentum this gen seems they did everything right. And if i consider the fact that sony keep supporting their consoles with awesome exclusives way more than any other company does for their products ( look PS3 titles in 2013 | Where is Wii/X360? ) ... This gen its pretty easy choice what is the best solution ( hardware wise ).

There is graphical advantage 1080p to 720p on major multiplatforms is a good indication where are the main differences between X1/PS4 hardware wise.. Why not to play X title at its best console graphical quality setting ? Thats another plus imho considering the lower price and the fact that Sony always delivers exclusive games wise. PS3 ended last , Sony on verge of death with over 7 billion losses and look how they supporting PS3 !! Thats insane imho.

Hey, that's cool that you're into PS4, nothing against that, i'm just saying lets not write off the X1 so early, that's mostly what my arguments are centred around these days. Going back to my original comment, I just said if the PS3 can come back from that launch, it proves it possible for any console, it doesn't mean I think X1 will win, but I think they can come back to a good position.

I don't think the companies give their sales competitiveness as the be all and end all. Both Nintendo and MS made a lot of money last gen. MS are happy with how last gen turned out in terms of business. I don't mean this offensively to the Sony fans, but lets say the PS3 beat the 360 in the end by a couple of million, do you think Sony are happy? I think it would be considered a very costly victory for Sony. I think they're more grateful they made it through rather than celebrating a sales victory.

I think the way SWs looks purely at sales can be a touch two dimensional, it doesn't always show the whole story. But I understand why they do it, because they use it as a form of measurement, which is fine for SWs I guess.

Im into PS4 for the reasons i mentioned above but till super games arrive i wont even bother. Why im writing off X1 though is the difficulty of M$ to establish Xbox brand in most of European markets along with Japanese/Korean markets.

Those markets can really make a difference imho. Why i say that is because PS4 sales seems to be pretty solid globally alike PS3 which had so slow start that was able to catch X360 a bit after 7 years!!

PS3 couldnt establish itself in Europe because of .. price! Majority of European countries had average monthly salaries of 300 to 600.. And that was before European crisis. Small markets but with high gaming activity ( Poland for example or Bulgaria etc ) . Do you know what many small market do ? Almost a big one. All those small markets couldnt even touch a PS3 for at least 3-4 years ( when PS3 was around 400E or less. Have in mind that 699 euros on release was up to 900$ and 599 after cuts was something like 800$). So either they bought a Wii ( which most people did that because of price ) while waiting PS3 cut or bought an X360 ( minority since majority are Sony fans more or less but either way Sony lost a big consumer base from Europe )

Japan on the other hand price was a secondary issue ( though still issue )... Lack of traditional japanese games ( in fact no games at all ) was a big slap. Japanese dont care that much about extraordinary graphics and craps like that so they focused on Wii .. Cheaper , with more traditional japanese games and some big blockbuster exclusives with a new gaming approach ( wii mote ) , why not?!

Now things with PS4 are entirely different. Every guy i know where 8 years ago wouldnt even think to buy a PS3 ( im from europe) bought a PS4 already or they thinking to buy one in the near future. 399e for a next gen product is an appealing price ( not for everyone but its affordable for majority , 699 wasnt ). So with the momentum PS4 has , price wise and power wise ( hardware ) ... Europe is already sold , im telling you this because i see what is happening in my country and from what im reading on internet.

X1 on papers is the least powerful , costs 100euros more ( around 134$ ) , wont sell in Japan which is another big market lost from the get go when Europe is lost already ( its almost quaranteed except if they provide some unreal price cut OR some unreal exclusives ) so whats left ? NA!!

NA is the market that will be the most crucial for X1 . If it will be on par with PS4 or slightly ahead in NA ... they will lose this generation badly. If they manage to provide solid exclusives for NA fans , cut price, gain momentum from games like Titanfall ( though 1 game is not enough , they need more ) and why not give some kinect fun application for free to lure more "kids/casuals" in and establish Kinect as the new trend somehow , then theyll do ok. If they wont ... then i cant see how X1 can really be on par with PS4 this gen sales wise. Because we all know sales drive exclusives ( Ps3 lost many exclusives to X360 because of lack of sales for example )

I think if they fail with NA PS4 on some point will have 33% to 45% more consoles than X1 sold the least.

But we will see , time will tell if my logic is right or wrong though i rarely do wrong , i should have been a pro analyst ( lol joking :P )

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Im into PS4 for the reasons i mentioned above but till super games arrive i wont even bother. Why im writing off X1 though is the difficulty of M$ to establish Xbox brand in most of European markets along with Japanese/Korean markets.

Those markets can really make a difference imho. Why i say that is because PS4 sales seems to be pretty solid globally alike PS3 which had so slow start that was able to catch X360 a bit after 7 years!!

PS3 couldnt establish itself in Europe because of .. price! Majority of European countries had average monthly salaries of 300 to 600.. And that was before European crisis. Small markets but with high gaming activity ( Poland for example or Bulgaria etc ) . Do you know what many small market do ? Almost a big one. All those small markets couldnt even touch a PS3 for at least 3-4 years ( when PS3 was around 400E or less. Have in mind that 699 euros on release was up to 900$ and 599 after cuts was something like 800$). So either they bought a Wii ( which most people did that because of price ) while waiting PS3 cut or bought an X360 ( minority since majority are Sony fans more or less but either way Sony lost a big consumer base from Europe )

Japan on the other hand price was a secondary issue ( though still issue )... Lack of traditional japanese games ( in fact no games at all ) was a big slap. Japanese dont care that much about extraordinary graphics and craps like that so they focused on Wii .. Cheaper , with more traditional japanese games and some big blockbuster exclusives with a new gaming approach ( wii mote ) , why not?!

Now things with PS4 are entirely different. Every guy i know where 8 years ago wouldnt even think to buy a PS3 ( im from europe) bought a PS4 already or they thinking to buy one in the near future. 399e for a next gen product is an appealing price ( not for everyone but its affordable for majority , 699 wasnt ). So with the momentum PS4 has , price wise and power wise ( hardware ) ... Europe is already sold , im telling you this because i see what is happening in my country and from what im reading on internet.

X1 on papers is the least powerful , costs 100euros more ( around 134$ ) , wont sell in Japan which is another big market lost from the get go when Europe is lost already ( its almost quaranteed except if they provide some unreal price cut OR some unreal exclusives ) so whats left ? NA!!

NA is the market that will be the most crucial for X1 . If it will be on par with PS4 or slightly ahead in NA ... they will lose this generation badly. If they manage to provide solid exclusives for NA fans , cut price, gain momentum from games like Titanfall ( though 1 game is not enough , they need more ) and why not give some kinect fun application for free to lure more "kids/casuals" in and establish Kinect as the new trend somehow , then theyll do ok. If they wont ... then i cant see how X1 can really be on par with PS4 this gen sales wise. Because we all know sales drive exclusives ( Ps3 lost many exclusives to X360 because of lack of sales for example )

I think if they fail with NA PS4 on some point will have 33% to 45% more consoles than X1 sold the least.

But we will see , time will tell if my logic is right or wrong though i rarely do wrong , i should have been a pro analyst ( lol joking :P )

I think apart from Japan, a lot of those are short term issues. There is no reason things can't pick up for X1 in the long term in the EU and NA. If it was that crucial to win right off the bat, MSs strategy would have been completely different and much more aggressive.

Remember, it is a marathon. Sony is in a strong position, but the X1 isn't in a position that is as weak as you think. Price is a short term boundary and MS will get as aggressive as they can with it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 tormentos

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I think apart from Japan, a lot of those are short term issues. There is no reason things can't pick up for X1 in the long term in the EU and NA. If it was that crucial to win right off the bat, MSs strategy would have been completely different and much more aggressive.

Remember, it is a marathon. Sony is in a strong position, but the X1 isn't in a position that is as weak as you think. Price is a short term boundary and MS will get as aggressive as they can with it.

And you still believe that price is a short term problem,not matter what the PS4 will keep been cheaper than the xbox one,and sony can also lower prices you know,and is much better than MS making a redesign model faster we all know that.

I think the price difference will last all gen long,unless MS decide to gimp the xbox one by removing Kinect,and with all the push MS has done i don't think they will.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 always_explicit

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

@edwardecl said:

Just went into a Sainsbury's today and saw 5 Xbox Ones on the shelf... not a great sign is it. Also their website says they will dispatch within 1 day so not just one shop... and meanwhile PS4 nowhere to be found. Unless MS just dumped another load in the shops and nobody picked any up yet.

A piss poor manufacture/distribution network isnt something to celebrate.

Funny how sony has a piss poor manufacture distribution network yet sales show the PS4 selling faster,odd isn't.?

So without consoles the PS4 is selling more incredible theory...lol

@always_explicit said:

Dude 166k even that the xbox one started a week earlier than the PS4 in UK,considering that you just claim that sony has a piss poor manufacture and distribution network how the fu** is that even possible...

If I am manufacturing 100 consoles and only make 10 available at launch for retail and sell all ten in 00.01 of them becoming available I could claim to be the "fastest" selling next gen console manufacturer. Being the fastest sounds great but actually what it means is the other 90 consoles that might be selling are not available. Your so blinded by fanboyism your assuming I am bad mouthing the PS4 here. Im not criticising the console. What im saying is that the manufacturing/distribution of the PS4 has been awful, these statistics could have been genuinely impressive had they made more consoles available for purchase at launch. Instead we are clinging on to 166K like its the nail in the coffin for the generation.

Your a statistics loser, im sure you can provide me with 10 years of PS3 sales data that prove 166K is nothing.

I cant believe your fanboyism even blinds you to how much MORE successfully Sony could have been. Being a fanboy doesnt mean you cannot admit when something could have been improved.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tormentos
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Of course they said that publicly when they release the console, it was PR. But in a retrospect interview when they were talking about way back when the they were going through the concept, they said they didn't expect to win anything. And if you are MS you do use your financial clout and influence.

Think about it logically, if they played nice, gentle and passive, they would be having Nintendo like problems all the time. It would have taken them at least 3 gens to get anywhere against the PS brand if they played it nice and gentle like Nintendo have been since the GameCube. They threw money at every one and everything with the Xbox.

The level of arrogance and stupidity would have been extraordinary, if a company comes in thinking they are going to beat a company who had Pepsi like brand power (Playstation) in the video games industry. Let's take away our SWs fanboy bias for a minute and just think about the business. MS isn't exactly bad at it, they didn't get where they were if they had been.

When you move into a market you analyse every inch of it and you look to see what you can do. No company in their right minds realistically would think they were going to come in and beat the PS2. They didn't even have all the developers on board, they still don't have Japan. When you go into a new market, you tell people what they need to hear, because they have to know you are confident in your product, because if you aren't, they won't trust it. At the same time, behind the scenes you have to be realistic.

So being realistic, what are you going to believe, the PR sales rhetoric or what was said in the retrospective interview.

Also, let's not compare the positions of Sony to MS and Sony to Nintendo during the brand launches, because the situation is apples and oranges. Playstation slaughtered Nintendo and created a huge market, going up against Nintendo was nothing, they were weak and not exploiting and growing the market. So why do you expect that Xbox could go up against a company that knows what they are doing like Playstation and have the same effect on them. It wasn't an up hill battle for Sony against Nintendo, but for someone going up against Playstation is like vertical mountain climbing.

Also don't give price too much importance. The CELL was the biggest problem for the PS3, it screwed development all gen slowing it right down, but in the beginning it was crucial. Price doesn't matter much, the PS2 cost more, they tried selling the Wii U for less. It was because the 360 was easy to port games over from the PC and everything had a solid two year development cycle. MS design their consoles like that for a reason, not because of the power, but because of the efficiency in development, it's better for business to design a console like that. Time is money, they need stuff done yesturday, they can't have games taking 4 years. Why do you think Sony made the PS4 as easy as possible to develop for. Because the PS3s design caused nothing but problems for them. When you're market leader, you can get away with that like they did with the PS2, but against real competition, it's like giving yourself a handicap.

Retrospective interview you mean in the damage control interview where they pretended that they were not competing and try to claim it was testing the waters.?

Oh please dude MS loss big time they loss more than 4 billions in 4 years an d it sales were abysmal,they can say any sh** they want every one knows is damage control they loss shamefully.

Sony tested the water on 1994 and won,yeah that is because it wasn't a test they compete and won,MS failed hard,oh and this time had a 1 year head starts a $200 to $300 price advantage over the PS3 and still ended tied,oh and losing because the Wii won,i wonder if on another retrospective they will claim that the xbox 360 was a second test.

Nintendo was weak WTF they won the 16 generation,and the 8 bit one to,just because sega was able to do good for a time doesn't mean nintendo was weak,Nintendo just make several mistakes,and sony was making some changes that need it to be done after Nintendo left sony with a PSX in their hands and walked away,what sony pulled was a miracle.

Several thing have to do in the nintendo beating.

1-CD games been cheaper than cartrige.

2-Sony securing hot arcade exclusives by that time arcades still relevant.

3-New series sony wasn't scare of trying new things.

3-Nintendo loss of Square,Konami and other heavy Japanese developers which were tire of Nintendo high ass royalties as well..

Nintendo wasn't weak Sony played everything right,hell when Nintendo launch the N64 the original price was suppose to be $250 i remember i had mine pre-order,the PS1 was been sold for $250 already,1 day before then N64 hit Sony lower the price to $199 and nintendo was basically force to eat a price drop instantly,and slash those extra $50 from the N64 instantly.

In fact the N64 with all its short comings sold better than the xbox did and better than the GC to.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By tormentos

@always_explicit said:

If I am manufacturing 100 consoles and only make 10 available at launch for retail and sell all ten in 00.01 of them becoming available I could claim to be the "fastest" selling next gen console manufacturer. Being the fastest sounds great but actually what it means is the other 90 consoles that might be selling are not available. Your so blinded by fanboyism your assuming I am bad mouthing the PS4 here. Im not criticising the console. What im saying is that the manufacturing/distribution of the PS4 has been awful, these statistics could have been genuinely impressive had they made more consoles available for purchase at launch. Instead we are clinging on to 166K like its the nail in the coffin for the generation.

Your a statistics loser, im sure you can provide me with 10 years of PS3 sales data that prove 166K is nothing.

I cant believe your fanboyism even blinds you to how much MORE successfully Sony could have been. Being a fanboy doesnt mean you cannot admit when something could have been improved.

No no no...

First of all that analogy is silly,because sony has sold more units than MS in 1 week less,that show that sony has outshipped and outsold MS,you can't fu**ing send 100 units into UK and report as sold 300.

You are criticizing sony because you think they have a poor network of manufacture and distribution,because in your mind that is the excuse for the PS4 been always sold out,but how the fu** can you sell more than your competition without shipping unit how.?

Actually the numbers don't lie sony is shipping more units to UK and selling them than MS period,oh and they sell out as soon as they arrive since retailers are always out of units,is like they still fulfilling pre-orders rather than new sales.

The xbox one yeah available every in stores to buy like a prove,but is not because MS has a great distribution and manufacturing network is because the xbox one is not selling as fast as the PS4 is,case in point if MS is shipping more units than sony,and the xbox is selling just as fast as the PS4,there is no way in hell that the PS4 should be in the lead even less when MS had 1 week more on that market numbers don't lie.

UK is not the US they are not the same market or have the same amount of people.so yeah those 166K show the PS4 is leaving the xbox one behind even that it had a small head start and that UK was an xbox territory.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 always_explicit

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

No no no...

First of all that analogy is silly,because sony has sold more units than MS in 1 week less,that show that sony has outshipped and outsold MS,you can't fu**ing send 100 units into UK and report as sold 300.

You are criticizing sony because you think they have a poor network of manufacture and distribution,because in your mind that is the excuse for the PS4 been always sold out,but how the fu** can you sell more than your competition without shipping unit how.?

Actually the numbers don't lie sony is shipping more units to UK and selling them than MS period,oh and they sell out as soon as they arrive since retailers are always out of units,is like they still fulfilling pre-orders rather than new sales.

The xbox one yeah available every in stores to buy like a prove,but is not because MS has a great distribution and manufacturing network is because the xbox one is not selling as fast as the PS4 is,case in point if MS is shipping more units than sony,and the xbox is selling just as fast as the PS4,there is no way in hell that the PS4 should be in the lead even less when MS had 1 week more on that market numbers don't lie.

UK is not the US they are not the same market or have the same amount of people.so yeah those 166K show the PS4 is leaving the xbox one behind even that it had a small head start and that UK was an xbox territory.

You really lack basic comprehension. I never mentioned MS. I never drew a single comparison to MS. I was simply stating that these statistics had the potential to be genuinely impressive had they enough supply to meet demand. I never stated the numbers lied. I mentioned your rabid fanboysim because I knew before you even wrote your response you couldnt resist making a comparison to MS. I was passing comment on Sonys distribution failings based on those failings alone not in comparison to other manufacturers. Nintendo were guilty of the same when the Wii was released.

Sonys distribution network was wide meaning the spread of units was thin and replenishing those units quickly was more challenging. AGAIN and please listen....THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM OF THE PS4...

Im quite aware the PS4 is outselling the X1...but I have my preference already and that preference is the X1. That preference isnt based on the sales of the PS4 or the speed of those sales. Its based on the fact I think its a boring and uninspired console with no games I currently want to play until mid 2014...and guess what....if I want one then... il buy one..when Sony wipe the sleep from their eyes.

If your going to address me directly please take time to acknowledge the points I have made an address those same points. For example....when I say it has no games I wish to play....producing a table of metacritic scores is not "proof" that it has games I wish to play. It is merely proof it has games I dont wish to play that have scores I dont care about. Therefore I do not need to see it.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Retrospective interview you mean in the damage control interview where they pretended that they were not competing and try to claim it was testing the waters.?

Oh please dude MS loss big time they loss more than 4 billions in 4 years an d it sales were abysmal,they can say any sh** they want every one knows is damage control they loss shamefully.

Sony tested the water on 1994 and won,yeah that is because it wasn't a test they compete and won,MS failed hard,oh and this time had a 1 year head starts a $200 to $300 price advantage over the PS3 and still ended tied,oh and losing because the Wii won,i wonder if on another retrospective they will claim that the xbox 360 was a second test.

Nintendo was weak WTF they won the 16 generation,and the 8 bit one to,just because sega was able to do good for a time doesn't mean nintendo was weak,Nintendo just make several mistakes,and sony was making some changes that need it to be done after Nintendo left sony with a PSX in their hands and walked away,what sony pulled was a miracle.

Several thing have to do in the nintendo beating.

1-CD games been cheaper than cartrige.

2-Sony securing hot arcade exclusives by that time arcades still relevant.

3-New series sony wasn't scare of trying new things.

3-Nintendo loss of Square,Konami and other heavy Japanese developers which were tire of Nintendo high ass royalties as well..

Nintendo wasn't weak Sony played everything right,hell when Nintendo launch the N64 the original price was suppose to be $250 i remember i had mine pre-order,the PS1 was been sold for $250 already,1 day before then N64 hit Sony lower the price to $199 and nintendo was basically force to eat a price drop instantly,and slash those extra $50 from the N64 instantly.

In fact the N64 with all its short comings sold better than the xbox did and better than the GC to.

It wasn't damage control, they didn't make a big deal out of it. If you want to look at it like a fanboy, fine, we'll just have to disagree about it.

Nintendo wasn't competition. They made their position weak. They had no intention of dealing from the grand scale Sony wanted, they're still struggling to do it.

You do realise you just listed all the weaknesses Sony exploited to overwhelm Nintendo.

Ok, two grocery stores are competing across the high street, one wins, lets call one Nintendo and the other Sega… they are strong against each other, but have no intention of expanding it further (or don't have the expertise to do it), Now Wallmart puts a store in with much greater ambition and reach with many more suppliers (developers). That's essentially what happened. Sony stormed an unprepared Nintendo. Nintendo wanted to offer the SNES crowd a 3D system, Sony had much bigger plans than that.

This isn't UFC, it's not a fair fight, it's business and war.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

And you still believe that price is a short term problem,not matter what the PS4 will keep been cheaper than the xbox one,and sony can also lower prices you know,and is much better than MS making a redesign model faster we all know that.

I think the price difference will last all gen long,unless MS decide to gimp the xbox one by removing Kinect,and with all the push MS has done i don't think they will.

Of course Sony can control their own price, but traditionally they will keep it as high as they can, especially when their system is selling well. And price was just a short term problem for the PS3.

MS has the resources to push price as hard as they want, they've done it the last two gens.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

What is more stupid than a lem? A lem that has been transformed into a lembot and is arguing that X1 is still a better deal.

MAUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH

GET OWNED

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

ITT: Lems getting Xbowned. How anyone can argue that Xbone is selling on par with the PS4 is beyond me considering these numbers. Xbone is getting owned left and right by the PS4 any way you look at it.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

@V3rciS said:

What is more stupid than a lem? A lem that has been transformed into a lembot and is arguing that X1 is still a better deal.

MAUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH

GET OWNED

lemmingspot is mentally challenged.

@I_can_haz said:

ITT: Lems getting Xbowned. How anyone can argue that Xbone is selling on par with the PS4 is beyond me considering these numbers. Xbone is getting owned left and right by the PS4 any way you look at it.

Lemmingspot is in denial. Screw lemmingspot.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#171  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Interesting to note that one of the adverts I got when watching a video on Youtube was for Virgin Media internet (UK) uses the Dualshock 4 controller as it's go to image for 'online gaming' when pushing their online services.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Didn't Virgin Media do a deal with Sony over providing services or at least priority for PS4? Ddin't hear any more of it, so dunno what happend. But this advert suggest there still something going on between Sony and Virgin Media.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Articuno76 said:

Interesting to note that one of the adverts I got when watching a video on Youtube was for Virgin Media internet (UK) uses the Dualshock 4 controller as it's go to image for 'online gaming' when pushing their online services.

@edwardecl said:

Didn't Virgin Media do a deal with Sony over providing services or at least priority for PS4? Ddin't hear any more of it, so dunno what happend. But this advert suggest there still something going on between Sony and Virgin Media.

IIRC Sony announced at Gamescom that they were entering into partnerships with European ISPs including Virgin Media to improve bandwidth speeds, likely as a preparation for the Gaikai rollout.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I know virgin media provides servers for other people, at one point well it was Telewest then they provided steam mirrors when downloading games. Think that has all gone away now though. Then they provided mirrors of Ubuntu repositories and stuff like that which is nice and fast.

So I guess they might be offering mirrors of the PSN downloads to get the best possible speeds? Makes sense for both companies to do that. Funny that Microsoft have chosen to make all their own stuff and not bother doing any deals with service providers. It has to be better to hook something more local.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tormentos

@always_explicit said:

You really lack basic comprehension. I never mentioned MS. I never drew a single comparison to MS. I was simply stating that these statistics had the potential to be genuinely impressive had they enough supply to meet demand. I never stated the numbers lied. I mentioned your rabid fanboysim because I knew before you even wrote your response you couldnt resist making a comparison to MS. I was passing comment on Sonys distribution failings based on those failings alone not in comparison to other manufacturers. Nintendo were guilty of the same when the Wii was released.

Sonys distribution network was wide meaning the spread of units was thin and replenishing those units quickly was more challenging. AGAIN and please listen....THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM OF THE PS4...

Im quite aware the PS4 is outselling the X1...but I have my preference already and that preference is the X1. That preference isnt based on the sales of the PS4 or the speed of those sales. Its based on the fact I think its a boring and uninspired console with no games I currently want to play until mid 2014...and guess what....if I want one then... il buy one..when Sony wipe the sleep from their eyes.

If your going to address me directly please take time to acknowledge the points I have made an address those same points. For example....when I say it has no games I wish to play....producing a table of metacritic scores is not "proof" that it has games I wish to play. It is merely proof it has games I dont wish to play that have scores I dont care about. Therefore I do not need to see it.

1-Your a blind biased lemming.

2-On a thread about sales.

3-Arguing that sony has bad manufacture and distributions network.

It doesn't take much to see your angle troll.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It wasn't damage control, they didn't make a big deal out of it. If you want to look at it like a fanboy, fine, we'll just have to disagree about it.

Nintendo wasn't competition. They made their position weak. They had no intention of dealing from the grand scale Sony wanted, they're still struggling to do it.

You do realise you just listed all the weaknesses Sony exploited to overwhelm Nintendo.

Ok, two grocery stores are competing across the high street, one wins, lets call one Nintendo and the other Sega… they are strong against each other, but have no intention of expanding it further (or don't have the expertise to do it), Now Wallmart puts a store in with much greater ambition and reach with many more suppliers (developers). That's essentially what happened. Sony stormed an unprepared Nintendo. Nintendo wanted to offer the SNES crowd a 3D system, Sony had much bigger plans than that.

WTF man MS advertise the fu** out of the original xbox,hell they spend like 1 billion between promoting the damn xbox + Halo as well,thet compete they got in to win,thinking that having a powerful enough console was enough.MS even enter the race with a unit that was way more powerful than the PS2 and at the same price,yeah if that is not fulling competing what the fu** is.

MS loss and they got in to win not to be second,they loss by a beating so did Nintendo.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 always_explicit

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

Your first point isnt actually a point.

Your second point isnt actually a point.

Your third point isnt actually a point.

Im talking about Sony's lacklustre manufacture and distribution network because it directly correlates to prospective sales. You are literally the joke of system wars. Do you even own a PS4 because you seem to spend your whole time on SW defending it and zero time playing it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By tormentos

@always_explicit said:

Im talking about Sony's lacklustre manufacture and distribution network because it directly correlates to prospective sales. You are literally the joke of system wars. Do you even own a PS4 because you seem to spend your whole time on SW defending it and zero time playing it.

Yes it is.

Yes it is.

And yes it is...

No you are trying to imply that sony has those which they don't,they shipped 1 million units to NA no other consoles has ever done that,they are scorching sales records every where,they are nt only producing more than the competition they are also selling them all faster,so how is that lackluster.?

And you are a troll who all it does all days is suck it up to MS and invent crap about sony,

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 always_explicit

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

Yes it is.

Yes it is.

And yes it is...

No you are trying to imply that sony has those which they don't,they shipped 1 million units to NA no other consoles has ever done that,they are scorching sales records every where,they are nt only producing more than the competition they are also selling them all faster,so how is that lackluster.?

And you are a troll who all it does all days is suck it up to MS and invent crap about sony,

Im not trying to imply anything. I am stating...factually....that Sony could have sold WAY WAY more units...WAY WAY sooner....if they had a decent manufacture and distribution network. Again im not sure why your taking offence to this you loser. Im not insulting your precious PSbore im criticizing their distribution and manufacturing network.

Its lacklustre because they decided to launch in too many countries too soon and now they cannot satisfy demand. Its great having a popular product but when people cant buy it what good is that. Its particularly important during the first 6 months of a a consoles lifecycle to make sure tha supply exceeds or is equal to demand.

If you genuinely believe after the amount of time this product has been in production that they cannot build enough PS4's to meet demand then your more stupid than I thought. There are warehouses full of these things but due to the amount of countries they are being launched it means units are being trickle fed to retailers all over the world rather than stacked floor to ceiling in superstores.

But your a stupid bloody idiot so no doubt you will ignore entirely what I have written and just repeat yourself.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:

@always_explicit said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

WTF man MS advertise the fu** out of the original xbox,hell they spend like 1 billion between promoting the damn xbox + Halo as well,thet compete they got in to win,thinking that having a powerful enough console was enough.MS even enter the race with a unit that was way more powerful than the PS2 and at the same price,yeah if that is not fulling competing what the fu** is.

MS loss and they got in to win not to be second,they loss by a beating so did Nintendo.

Of course they advertise, they were financially pushing through the console what has that got to do with anything? No one would risk supporting a brand in the future which has no brand power.

MS didn't just walk into the market without taking a look. Sony had 80% more support then them and they knew it. No amount of power in the world would make a difference. If I could tell them that, they aren't stupid enough not to be able to work it out for them selves.

It was lacking Pro Evo and GTA (until late) in the very least, So many key games were missing which were crucial for sales, a bit like the Wii U now.

You seem to have a hard time grasping the difference between the public sales message they want and the behind the scenes talk.

Just the idea of any company as successful at business as MS entering a market and being dumb enough to realistically expect to lead it within 3-4 years against actual competition is just beyond ludicrous. Anyone with half a cell could look at the market at that point and know how Japanese it was and they had absolutely no support from Japan let alone the ability to sell there.

I guess you think they released the 360 in Japan expecting to win. Erm no. They are more than aware of the difficulties in selling there and getting support from them. That's why they pushed for Western gaming so much.